PDA

View Full Version : Craft Construct cost reduction?

Skweek-chan
2011-04-23, 12:13 AM
I was working on making a warforged artificer, and planning basically to be a variable bufficer/blastificer until I have the resources for crafting nasty golem companions. I'm planning on skipping homonculi altogether, and taking the racial sub level for the 2x craft reserve instead, since when I take craft construct I'll be able to make homonculi anyway, and I'll be able to make better stuff besides.

ANYWAY, my questions are thus: In DMG it states that you reduce the cost of creating things by 10% for it requiring a certain skill to use, and by 30% for requiring a certain class/alignment.

1) Is it reasonable to apply these cost reductions to making a construct? Example: "This golem will only respond to commands from a character with 10 ranks in spellcraft/handle animal/knowledge xxxx/use magic device. (as most appropriate to the construct at hand)" Or "This golem will remain inert unless commanded by a lawful cleric."

2) Is it reasonable to make separate discounts for class and alignment? This is a little bit more munchkiny, but for instance breaking it down like follows:

base cost 2000
-25% (legendary artisan) = 1500
-10% (skill requirement) = 1350
-30% (class requirement) = 945
-30% (alignment requirement) = 661.5

The first question is the most important, here, but any rulings on the second would be appreciated also. Thanks