PDA

View Full Version : Land Unfound IC Team 1

Pages : [1] 2 3

mrcarter11
2011-04-23, 04:14 AM
With the ship launched, each of you finally take the time recognize who you've been sent with. Most of you have never met any of the others before. The ship is coasting through the channel before it hits open water in the bay, without anyone at the helm. Towards the center of the main deck sits a barrel, upon which sits a scroll. As the ship begins to truly pull away from the dry dock, a spell on the scroll activates and the scroll is read aloud to the assembled group.

First things first, while most of you are unfamiliar with each other, we have made sure that every crew position can be handled by those among you. Crew positions should be decided soon, as your nearing the bay, at which time you'll need someone at the helm. West will take you out of the bay, and continue west for the unexplored. Rations for one month are aboard. And a map is at the helm, it details as far out as Lythia, that's as far as any of our cartographers ever made it. To continue west past them, you'll likely need to travel far south as to avoid their patrols. One last thing, good luck explorers and may you all return soon.

Burnheart
2011-04-23, 08:23 AM
Immediately heading to the helm fishface calls out I'll take the helm captain while you sort out the new lot.

Torgarn
2011-04-23, 03:09 PM
Smiling widely Angus goes around shaking the hands of each of the crew I'd like to take the position of Captain if you don't mind, I have some experience with doing so he winks at them and laughs, excited to finally be free, and on a ship again.

PersonMan
2011-04-23, 03:44 PM
Selea grins, giggling briefly before replying. Sounds fine to me! She says, seeming more like someone about to go to a party than someone who's on a ship sailing into the unknown. Oddly enough, although she's obviously used to being on a ship, Selea keeps an eye on the coast at all times.

Grendus
2011-04-23, 05:47 PM
Themest shrugs, and heads off to check the ships weapons and ammunition supplies. "I don't know ships. I'm going to check the weapons, that's what I do best." He decides against shifting into a larger form just yet. Best to wait until they were on the open sea, when people couldn't panic and swim back to shore. He was already somewhat scary with his claws and draconic face.

Lyndworm
2011-04-24, 12:32 PM
A small, older man, at least sixty-five and barely over five feet tall, responds at once with "Aye, aye, Captain. I'm Mage Kraitauer, and I've been recruited as the ship's scholar and arcane support." The man cradles an immense leather package under one arm, and it appears to be putting him slightly off balance. What appears to be a heavy, beautifully feathered cloak is draped around his shoulders. Upon closer inspection, the black and silver feathers seem to belong to wings rooted to Kraitauer's back.

mrcarter11
2011-04-24, 12:52 PM
The aquatic individual takes to the helm, steering the ship into the bay and towards the open sea. However the dangerous waters of Kattor take little time to prove themselves. As the ship nears the bay, and the crew starts to feel each other out, the first sign of violence is heard, a battle call from other the side of the ship. In mere moments, several other aquatic looking creatures flip over the sides of the ship and onto the main deck. The 4 creatures are armed well, and their armor glints in the sun's rays.

Alright, knowledge checks if you wish. Initiative is a must. Also map is located here (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AqLBtAMQgtX3dFNJWFRIaHlmSndQcHJjTnJ5VHRUT kE&hl=en&authkey=CJ3P4swF). Yes I know it isn't the best, like I said, maps hate me. And lastly I need starting positions..

Grendus
2011-04-24, 03:33 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Unsure as to what knowledge to roll, so I'll try them all.
Nature: [roll1]
Arcana, Geography, Dungeoneering, or The Planes: [roll2]

Put me at F4, probably where Themest would hang out.

Burnheart
2011-04-24, 06:18 PM
Initiative [roll0]
Knowledge: Nature [roll1]
Knowledge: Geography [roll2]
Knowledge: Seamanship [roll3]
I doubt any of my knowledge skills will work but i'll try them

Lyndworm
2011-04-24, 11:53 PM
Standing rather near two of the fish-like creatures, Kraitauer tried to identify them.

Kraitauer is standing in square 4-J.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Knowledge Checks:

Baintain:
[roll1]

Dungeoneering:
[roll2]

History:
[roll3]

Local:
[roll4]

Lythia:
[roll5]

Nervane:
[roll6]

Seamanship:
[roll7]

Torgarn
2011-04-24, 11:58 PM
Angus roars at the sea creatures, If you aren't here to join the crew, you should leave now!

Intimidate Check [roll0]

Initiative [roll1]

PersonMan
2011-04-25, 02:59 AM
Selea clears her throat and gets ready to begin combat, taking a deep breath.
Rolls/Info:
Init: [roll0]
Know(religion) [roll1]
She's at F 15.

Lyndworm
2011-04-26, 01:25 AM
The mage leaps high into the air and away from the ship, his wings unfurled and marvelous in the sunlight. Soaring over the waves, Kraitauer curves back towards the Heresy, shouting "Lasau vi kaldaka!" As he says the last word, the wizard's left hand squeezes a small bag tightly, and a number of creatures appear on the deck of the Heresy. "Lusob ang isda-tao!" he calls to the summons. Each of them immediately attacks the nearest of the aquatic marauders.

Aerial combat is a little complicated, so bare with me on this one. Kraitauer flies 20ft North, then 5ft North-East, then 15ft East, all at a 45º incline. Kraitauer then flies 15ft South with no incline. His final position is exactly 32.5ft above the ship and 10ft away from it. On the map, he would be marked in square 1-F.

After that bit of movement, Kraitauer casts Summon Monster III. He summons [roll0] Celestial Wolves. They appear in 5-G, 7-G, and 7-J, respectively. If less than three wolves appear, use locations and attack in order of appearance.

Potential attacks for the wolves:
Wolf in 5-G:
Attack:
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]

Trip Attempt:
[roll3]
Wolf in 7-G:
Attack:
[roll4]

Damage:
[roll5]

Trip Attempt:
[roll6]
Wolf in 7-J:
Attack:
[roll7]

Damage:
[roll8]

Trip Attempt:
[roll9]
Celestial Wolf Statistics:
Size/Type: Medium Magical Beast (extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 2d8+8 (24 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
BAB/Grapple: +1/+4
Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: Bite +5 melee (1d6+4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
S. Attacks: Smite Evil, trip
S. Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, resistance to acid/cold/electricity 5, scent, spell resistance 7
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +1
Abilities: Str 17, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1*
Feats: Track (Bonus), Weapon Focus: Bite
Alignment: Neutral good

Smite Evil (Su):
Once per day a celestial creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.

Trip (Ex):
A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+3 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.

Skills:
Wolves have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

PersonMan
2011-04-26, 04:22 AM
Selea dips into the energy within her, releasing it in a wave of sound and beginning to sing. For a split second the badge she wears seems to light up before dimming again.

Oddly enough, instead of the cheerful, joyous songs that one might expect from her, Selea sings a song of raw sadness, bringing an almost palpable feeling of loss into the air. However, despite this, it seems that it's easier to aim at enemies, as if the sadness surrounding you fills you with resolve.

Rolls/Info:
Perform: [roll0]
Immediate: Activate Badge of Valor for +1 to inspire courage
Standard: Sing

(That's a +2 morale bonus to attack and damage, everyone.)

Grendus
2011-04-26, 02:11 PM
Can't wild shape as a move action until next level, so I'll stick to humanoid form for now. Between the bard song, my +3 claws, and Favored Enemy bonus damage Themest is more than powerful enough.

As a swift action, Themest will redistribute the two essentia in his Dragon Mask to his Wormtail Belt, granting him an additional +2 natural armor.

Themest will full attack the Kuo-toa in front of him power attacking for two. No room for a jump, so just two natural claw attacks. If both land, the damage from the second is doubled.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Themest feels for the deep wells of essentia within him, drawing it away from his mask and into his belt, hardening his skin. He debates briefly whether or not he wants to shift form now, but decides in the end to stick with his humanoid form. Kuo-toa, as he recalled, had a soft underbelly - you didn't need an extra six inches of troll claw to split them in half.

Instead, he lunges forward with his heavy essentia claws, moving with a bestial precision that was the combination of years of soldierly discipline and wilderness survival.

Burnheart
2011-04-26, 03:31 PM
Kuo-toa, slime bastards captain Fishface calls out as he moves to attack

use Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker to move to C13, draw weapon, move to E7 use Spear Warrior to attack Enemy 2. I get +2 ac until the start of my next turn.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 05:30 PM
Angus leaps at the creatures intruding on the ship. Landing as close as he can to them he lashes out with his weapons with a fierce cry.

Sudden Leap Maneuver
Jump Check [roll0]

If I land next to an enemy I full attack with my rapier and cutlass

First Rapier Attack: [roll1] If critical confirmation roll [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Second Rapier Attack [roll4] If critical confirmation roll [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Iterative Cutlass Attack [roll7] If critical confirmation roll [roll8] Damage [roll9]

If not close enough to full attack with my weapons will full attack with my whip attempting disarm checks on two of the kuo-toa.

First Attack roll [roll10]
Second Attack roll [roll11]

Torgarn
2011-04-26, 05:31 PM
Forgot sneak attack damage

First roll [roll0]
Second roll [roll1]
Iterative Roll [roll2]

mrcarter11
2011-04-27, 12:29 AM
The combined force overwhelms two of your enemies. Another lays bleeding and on the ground at a wolf's feet. The last of the 4 still stands at the end of the ship, unharmed by all. Channeling something within himself, he fires a bolt of lightning at the third wolf to appear. Pressing concerns more, is the man who appears next him. Dressed in fine clothing and reeking of ale, the man eyes the Angus and mutters something short and vain under his breath. It seems the Toa are far from over though, as Kraitauer has a bolt of lightning shot at him, and 3 more appear on deck.

First fight.. Figured we'd try a mob fight. Some PC's love em, some hate em..

Third wolf Reflex save vs DC 15 for half of [roll0] elec damage.

Angus need a will save from you.

Lynd need a reflex save from you.

And back to you guys.

Burnheart
2011-04-27, 03:31 AM
Looking around for more enemies fishface spots 2 by the helm, behind Selea Behind you girl he yells as he runs passed.

Move to B14, use spearwarrior to attack enemy 6, +2ac till my next turn.
Attack [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

PersonMan
2011-04-27, 05:24 AM
Selea moves down the stairs, turning to avoid blocking the path of Fishface but staying close to her allies. Then she goes back to concentrating on her song.

Actions:
Move: To E6
Standard: Singin'

Grendus
2011-04-27, 09:25 AM
Move action to drop my Handy Haversack.

As a standard action, burn my first wild shape of the day to turn into a forest troll. Here's a rough character sheet for his troll form. For possessions, feats, class abilities, and skills see his original sheet.

Themest (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293851)
Male Forest Troll Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 2//Totemist 7, Level 7, Init +3, HP 65/65, Speed
AC 29, Touch 13, Flat-footed 26, Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
Troll Claws x 2 +9/+9 (1d4+3, x2)
Bite +4 (1d4+1, x2)
+3 Essentia Claws +12/+12 (1d6+6, x2)
+2 Chain Shirt (Wilding Clasp) (+6 Armor, +3 Dex, +10 Natural)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 16, Con 21, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 8
Condition None

Dire ape is a better combatant, but with the layout of the ship maneuvering in a large form is almost impossible (plus they weigh like 1200 pounds... not so good on a ship). Forest trolls are only 250, about the same as a well built humanoid in plate.

With combat heating up, Themest decides it's time to get into character, so to speak. "Here's hoping nobody panics," he murmurs, quickly slipping out of his handy haversack and tossing it to the middle of the deck for safe keeping. Concentrating, he casts his mind back to his military days when they had been called upon to help one of the nearby villages with an unusual problem. Green scales suddenly erupt across his arms and face, as massive amounts of muscle begin to slither sickeningly under his skin. Massive fangs sprout underneath a ridiculously long green nose, and underneath the essentia shaped weapons natural claws grow, oozing a viscous purple fluid. The troll-Themest grins and flexes it's muscles appreciatively, cracking it's knuckles and getting a feel for the new weight of it's claws.

"Let's get this party started."

Lyndworm
2011-04-29, 05:34 AM
The lightning does well to inconvenience Kraitauer, but the mage had been injured before. With minimal effort, he works past the pain and continues flying towards the Heresy. "Lusob ang isda-tao!" he calls again. In response, the wolves reposition themselves and attack viciously. Setting down on the raised helm, Kraitauer draws his tiny crossbow. In one motion he takes aim and fires.

The two wolves each use a Move action to threaten Enemy 4 in 6-J and a Standard action to attack him (unless it's already dead, in which case they move to attack Enemy 5 in 4-J).

Wolf Attacks:
Wolf 1:
Wolf 1 Attack:
[roll0]

Wolf 1 Damage:
[roll1]

Wolf 1 Trip Attempt:
[roll2]
Wolf 2:
Wolf 2 Attack:
[roll3]

Wolf 2 Damage:
[roll4]

Wolf 2 Trip Attempt:
[roll5]

Kraitauer lands in square 11-C and attack Enemy 5 in 4-J ( if it's already dead the mage attacks Enemy 4 in 6-N).

Kraitauer Attacks:
Attack 1:
[roll6]

Damage 1:
[roll7]

Sneak Attack 1 (I understand that this may not apply):
[roll8]

Bolt Break Chance (51+ does not break):
[roll9]

Kraitauer Statistics:
Alomar Kraitauer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=290867)
Male Chaotic Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 33/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Perfect)
AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 16, Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5, Listen +0, Search +14, Spot +0
Abilities Str 8, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 21, Wis 10, Cha 12

S. Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, low-light vision, resistance to acid/cold/electricity 5, scent, spell resistance 7

Smite Evil (Su):
Once per day a celestial creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to its HD (maximum of +20) against an evil foe.

Trip (Ex):
A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+3 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.

Skills:
HP now reduced to 21HP for one of the wolves. I don't know which one, since Wolf 3 is an invalid target (having never been summoned).

Torgarn
2011-04-29, 06:14 AM
Angus runs across the deck of the ship nimbly stepping past a wolf. He drops his cutlass and draws his whip. He lashes out attempting to wrest a kuo-toa's sword from his grasp. He then lashes out at the aame kuo-toa.
Angus moves to H4, drops his cutlass, quick draws his whip, attempts a disarm, then attacks.

Rolls

[roll0]
[roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-04-29, 03:43 PM
Most attacks since to bounce of their armor, however, the few they do find their mark, almost always kill. Sensing their advantage is fleeting, the Kuo-Toa decide to flee. As if a mental command had been given, the Toa all jump back over the edge of the ship, descending into the waters below. The only enemy left is the man in good clothing. He seems to not be scared by the group around him. Raising his hand, several blasts of energy ripple outward, each charged with energy. His concentration never fading, Themest feels the strength of his form almost fading.

Kuo Toa all flee from battle.

Attacks

Attack 1 vs Angus
Attack [roll0] Touch AC
Damage [roll1]

Attack 2 vs Wolf 1
Attack [roll2] Touch AC
Damage [roll3]

Grendus need a will save

Lyndworm
2011-04-29, 07:16 PM
The second wolf wines loudly as it absorbs the energy projected from the well-dressed man. It's side seared badly, the wolf looks to Kraitauer for guidance. "Lusob ang dikit bulikil!" the mage calls to him. Limping pathetically, the wolf begins to make its way towards its attacker. Moving in tandem with the first wolf the wizard summoned, the two celestial brothers attack with all of their might.

After giving them what will likely be their final order, Kraitauer decides to use a more powerful spell. "Doton jikmadair garmth!" the man shouts, twisting his left hand into a strange shape. On the twisted hand sits a simple gray pearl ring, but from the ring comes a barely-visible sphere of swirling air. Instantly, the swirling air is upon the well-dressed man without even appearing to have moved.

The two wolves each use a Move action to threaten the well-dressed man and a Standard action to attack him.

Wolf Attacks:
Wolf 1:
Wolf 1 Attack:
[roll0]

Wolf 1 Damage:
[roll1]

Wolf 1 Trip Attempt:
[roll2]
Wolf 2:
Wolf 2 Attack:
[roll3]

Wolf 2 Damage:
[roll4]

Wolf 2 Trip Attempt:
[roll5]

Kraitauer casts Defenestrating Sphere on the well-dressed man. If the attack hits, the man must make a Fortitude save (DC 18) or be knocked prone. Should the man fall prone he must succeed on a second Fortitude save (DC 18) or be thrown [roll6]x10 = 40ft into the air and [roll7] squares away from where he started in a random direction. He takes falling damage as normal, if applicable.

Direction traveled: [roll8]

1 North
2 North-East
3 East
4 South-East
5 South
6 South-West
7 West
8 North-West

Kraitauer Attacks:
Attack 1 (vs Touch):
[roll9]

Damage 1:
[roll10]

Sneak Attack 1 (I understand that this may not apply):
[roll11]

Kraitauer Statistics:
Male Chaotic Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 33/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Perfect)
AC 20, Touch 16, Flat-footed 16, Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +5, Listen +0, Search +14, Spot +0

Smite Evil (Su):

Trip (Ex):

Skills:
HP now reduced to 21HP for wolf 1 and 2HP for wolf 2.

Torgarn
2011-04-30, 02:09 AM
Angus sprints across the deck, when he reaches the well-dressed man he stabs out at him with his rapier.

Angus moves to M6

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Burnheart
2011-04-30, 11:37 AM
Seeing the kuo-toa fleeing Fishface dives after them

Jump off the ship to B16
Dex check [roll0]
I assume that jumping off the ship was a move action?

PersonMan
2011-04-30, 12:07 PM
Seeing no point in doing otherwise, Selea simply continues to sing. She briefly considers blasting the man with her despair, but decides that it would be unnecessary to do so as she sees her allies attack him.

Burnheart
2011-04-30, 04:33 PM
Spotting a small dingy tied to the ship full of kuo-Toa Fishface lets out a howl of rage and smashes it with all the strength he can muster.

Rage then attack the dingy. +2ac until next turn.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Grendus
2011-04-30, 09:27 PM
Move action to retrieve his pack, move action to retrieve his longbow from the handy haversack. I'll have to retrieve my quiver next round though.

Realizing he can't reach the enemy, Themest retrieves his pack, carefully pulling out his longbow. Fortunately forest trolls aren't too much bigger than azurin, so it doesn't seem too ungainly in his clawed hands.

mrcarter11
2011-05-01, 05:20 PM
The well dressed man seems unfazed by your assault, he weathers the spell without falling, and attacks against him are turned aside. His intensity however never fails. He stands smiling at the group.

"Most Impressive. I think this crew should do quite well. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Sir Alister Lister. You may know me, as the Crimson King. My home port is only a little ways east. In any case, I've been looking for a crew to run something for me. I'm sadly to busy to tend to this business myself, perhaps your lovely group would be interested? I assure you, I pay well. And well my name speaks for itself.

Lyndworm
2011-05-01, 05:46 PM
"I gave my word to my employers to follow my captain's orders, not theirs. I follow him."

Burnheart
2011-05-01, 07:03 PM
Over the sounds of the waves Fishface hears the man say something about a job and that he was called the Crimson King, though his attention is focus on the Kuo Toa that are currently surrounding him I'll teach you not to attack this crew he says suddenly leashing out at the foes around him.

Roll knowledge checks about the crimson king and his home port, attack the enemy in C-16 then attack the enemy in B-17(Full attack)

Knowledge: Nature [roll0]
Knowledge: Geography [roll1]
Knowledge: Seamanship [roll2]

First attack (C-16) [roll3]
damage [roll4]

Second attack (B-17) [roll5]
damage [roll6]

PersonMan
2011-05-02, 12:30 AM
Selea stops her singing, curious. The sadness in the air seems to stay for a moment before disappearing, pulled back to its source. She doesn't say anything, keeping an eye on the man as she glances around.

Ehm. Where is Fishface, actually? He jumped into the water a moment ago... Selea looks over the side, seeing thrashing in the water.

Rolls:
Bardic Knowledge: [roll0]

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 12:59 AM
What kind of task would you have us carry out? Angus queries. He tries to recall any information he may know about The King and his home.

This isn't going to be a dark tower reference is it?
Anyway rolls
Bardic Knowledge [roll0]
Knowledge Geography [roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-05-02, 10:26 AM
"I need a delivery done. Quite some ways south of here, lies an island, I need something delivered there. Thoughts?

Torgarn
2011-05-02, 12:34 PM
What are you paying for this job, o necrotic one? Angus says walking over to retrieve his cutlass from the ships deck as he speaks.

Grendus
2011-05-02, 06:59 PM
Themest thinks about the mans proposition for a second, while he pulls one of the backup quivers out of his pack (he had learned to keep an extra or two in there in case he had to wild shape before he could remove his first set). Their mission was to seek ports, working for this man could unexpectedly work in their favor. But then, it could be a trap. He leans casually against the mast and listens to the discussion with some interest.

mrcarter11
2011-05-03, 10:33 AM
In the Water

Fishface murders another Toa, leaving only two left. The first makes a quick attack with a dagger, while the second draws its sword and swings wide with it.

Attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2] Damage [roll3]

__________________________________________________ ___________

On Deck

"I see no reason to not pay well, I am after all coming to you. What would be a fair price for your services? Unless of course, you want something besides coin?

Burnheart
2011-05-03, 12:26 PM
Having just killed two Kuo-Toa Fishface looks at the other two and smiles before attacking once again.

Attack enemy in B-18 then the enemy in C-18 (Full attack)

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

attack [roll2]
damage [roll3]

Torgarn
2011-05-03, 12:32 PM
It all really depends on what you want us to carry for you. The level of danger associated with this job scales with the payment.

PersonMan
2011-05-03, 12:39 PM
Selea looks over to the others and frowns. Y'know, this is great and all, but...I think that Fishface is down there fighting some of your fish people, Alie. She says, a light tone in her voice. It might be good to...include him in the negotiations, y'know? Selea adds, smiling and chuckling a bit.

mrcarter11
2011-05-04, 12:04 AM
On Deck

King looks at Selea as if he doesn't understand what she means.
"You meant to tell me that, that thing in the water is more then just some poorly trained pet? That's disappointing. So be it though. Oohiple mula draphu." As the strange foreign words roll from his tongue, the last remaining toa in the water drops his weapon and raises his hands as if to surrender.

Now the Crimson King looks to Angus, judging him.
"Well, if your the captain, how does 10,000 gold sound? Three crates, each of which need to reach the destination unharmed. As for danger, a few crews will be looking for them. However, they would have no reason to look aboard this ship. None of you have any affiliation with the Sailing Shadows.

Lyndworm
2011-05-04, 01:25 AM
Kraitauer alights, coming to a less-than-graceful stop beside Angus. "This sounds like easy money Captain. I don't know about you, but in my experience easy money's the hardest thing to come by in the world. Which means this isn't what ti appears to be." While the well dressed man spoke, while kraitauer flew, and now as the mage speaks his tiny crossbow never wavers from the target that is the intruder.

Torgarn
2011-05-04, 06:22 AM
I would like to know what is in the crates, the devil is in the details after all.

Burnheart
2011-05-04, 12:54 PM
Fishface glares at the last Kuo-Toa facing him Leave he says pointing away from the ship with his spear. After he has left fishface surfaces and calls up to the ship Let a rope ladder down someone

PersonMan
2011-05-04, 01:19 PM
Selea, smiling turns and, with a quick Jus' a sec. to Fishface, finds and drops a rope ladder to allow him to come back onto the ship. As he climbs up, she explains the situation-the man, the offer and the current state of negotiations.

Burnheart
2011-05-04, 04:40 PM
Walking over to stand beside Angus Fishface says I agree with the captain, tell us whats in the crates before we decide if we'll deliver them for you He glares at the man After all attacking our ship is not something that makes us want to help you

Lyndworm
2011-05-05, 12:54 PM
Speaking quietly but not quite whispering, the mage continues. "I have placed the man's name, and he may be even more powerful than he seems. He is like me, warrior and magician, but it brings me no shame to say that his ilk is far, far beyond my own." Kraitauer eyes the Crimson King wearily, and with a respect normally reserved for actual royalty.

mrcarter11
2011-05-08, 05:38 AM
King seems to look at the entire crew, as if formulating and calculating.

"To be perfectly honest, the devils in me, not the details. As for the crates, they hold a few items of special importance. Magical items if you must know, and I highly suggest you don't try them on. In total likely an extra 500 lbs to your ships weight. Payment will be a quarter now and the rest upon return with a signed notice from the receiver.

Burnheart
2011-05-08, 06:11 AM
Magic items that lots of people want right? Fishface says as he looks at the Crimson King with narrowed eyes If we do this for you, which is the Captains decision he says pointing at Angus who is going to come after these crates?

mrcarter11
2011-05-08, 06:27 AM
"We don't know exactly who is going to be looking for them. They will be looking at my ship however. Which is why having your crew move them, is a win win situation.

Torgarn
2011-05-08, 08:51 AM
Sounds fun to me and we could certainly use some gold. I however, would like to poll my crew for their opinions before deciding. Angus turns around and shouts out, Any of you bastards who don't want to take this mans cargo raise your voices now.

Lyndworm
2011-05-08, 11:33 AM
Kraitauer, despite his warnings against the King, remains silent. A bitter little smile comes over his face as the magnitude of the task before them settles on his shoulders.

PersonMan
2011-05-08, 12:28 PM
Selea remains silent, although she doesn't really seem to be paying attention, apparently counting something under her breath.

Burnheart
2011-05-08, 03:13 PM
I don't trust him captain Fishface points at the Crimson King I think he knows more than he's letting on Fishface turns to face his friend But i've followed you through much worse than him before so i'm with you whatever you decide

Grendus
2011-05-08, 05:46 PM
"I'd take it," Themest says, standing back up and nodding to the man. "As is our destination is variable, this could give us a decent starting point and some coin to boot."

Torgarn
2011-05-08, 09:38 PM
I understand your concern fishface, but you have to grab life by the reigns and LIVE IT! Angus turns to the King, doing a flowery half-bow he exclaims, I humbly accept your offer, may fortune follow us both on the path ahead.

mrcarter11
2011-05-09, 10:38 AM
The aura around King seems suddenly less tense, as if he's happy."Good. You have made a very wise choice. I will give the coordinates of my home port to your helmsman. Once you get there, find a portsman named Doyle. He'll make sure the crates get loaded onto your ship and he'll give you the bearings for your destination. Upon your return, you'll be paid the rest of your dues.

Burnheart
2011-05-09, 01:46 PM
Not looking happy about talking to the Crimson King Fishface strides up to him Right then sir i'm the Helmsman on this ship, what are the coordinates?

mrcarter11
2011-05-10, 10:27 AM
King walks over to the helm, and signals for Fishface to join him.. Once there, he speaks.
"The port sits about 15 clicks due east. Follow a bearing of 78 degrees. You should see it, if your any good of a helmsmen.
With that the Crimson King walks towards the stairs and disappears as he descends. Leaving the crew to their own thoughts.

Grendus
2011-05-10, 11:24 AM
Since Forest Trolls are medium monstrous humanoids, I assume he can wear most of his normal gear in that form
Themest puts away his bow and gear before shifting back into human form. He divests himself of his remaining gear, then shifts back into forest troll form. "Well... looks like we have a destination," he says finally, putting his gear back on.

Burnheart
2011-05-10, 03:28 PM
Pausing to make a quick Navigation Check Fishface then takes the helm and starts steering the ship following the bearing given by the Crimson King. What do we really know about that man? Fishface asks the others.

Profession Navigator [roll0]
Profession Helmsman [roll1]

Lyndworm
2011-05-10, 08:21 PM
At the locathah's question, Kraitauer speaks up. "He's the captain of the Red Jewel, one of only three ships in the Sailing Shadows. He was, at one time, the first mate to the Skull King. His home port is a nearby city in which crime is known to go unreported and to get overlooked.

His power is mostly necrotic. While he possesses great combat ability, he is much more well known for weakening his foes until they can neither stand nor fight. It has been said that he'll be the successor to the Skull King when the time comes.

I've heard that the two other Barons despise him. Supposedly, he was able to battle Machalove the General to a standstill, and his ship, the Red Jewel, fought off an attack by Roaming Murder."

Burnheart
2011-05-11, 08:19 AM
A man like that has powerful enemies and the resources to track them down, captain do you really think that a man as powerful as him doesn't know who is going to be after these crates? Fishface says after Kraitauer finishes.

Torgarn
2011-05-11, 08:56 AM
Of course I do, I'm not stupid. But coin is coin and I have a gut feeling that if we can get him in our debt that we will be very lucky. Trust me fishface, how long have we worked together.

PersonMan
2011-05-11, 09:42 AM
Selea makes her way to the helm of the ship, considering some things. Honestly, She says, none of her former joy lost now, There's a good chance that he's just using us as fodder to draw his enemies off of a real transport. Then again, he could be wanting to take action against an enemy through a proxy, to avoid being caught up in what might follow. On the other hand, he could be planning on us being captured. He might want to, for example, frame a rival by planting supplies that this enemy uses in the shipment. After a moment she shrugs, smiling. Of course, there are a lot more possibilities than that, but I think that we should go on ahead-as long as we stay on our guard, it should be fine. The bard says, stretching and looking to the horizon.

Burnheart
2011-05-11, 10:13 AM
I do trust you captain its just... being used as a pawn in someone else game Suddenly Fishfaces turns his face to the left and spits on the deck as if to remove a bad taste from his mouth Reminds me of being a slave thats all After saying that Fishface lapses into silence for a time until he makes another navigation check then turns back to the helm.

Profession Navigator [roll0]
Profession Helmsman [roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-05-12, 10:31 AM
The ship reached the port town in 5 days. After getting lost for a short period of time. They were luckily able to find a few guiding stars and reach their destiny. The helmsman, Fishface, knew that they were at least 2 days later then they should have been. The rough seas had simply turned them about, and now they all must hope that the Crimson King doesn't take penalty with them for it.

The port has several open tie-offs, the ship docks at one near the end of the line. The port city seemed decently well off. Nice buildings, several tall ones. Mounted cannons to repel attacks. Yet everyone could feel the sort of rough vibe the town gave off. As if daring the crew to make trouble in town.

Burnheart
2011-05-13, 07:24 PM
Ok we're here now captain what do we do first? Fishface ask turn to Angus.

Torgarn
2011-05-13, 07:53 PM
Well, I'm going to go get drunk at a bar." Angus grins rougishly, We will wait for the Crimson King to contact us

Lyndworm
2011-05-13, 09:15 PM
"I wouldn't mind a sip of brandy. Do you mind if I tag along, Captain? I'll fill you in on what little I know of this place, if you'd like." Kraitauer seems genuinely pleased for the first time, apparently eager to get that brandy.

Torgarn
2011-05-13, 09:31 PM
Certainly Angus grins clapping Kraitauer on his shoulder. Good man, you coming fishface?

Burnheart
2011-05-14, 07:38 AM
Aye captain, do you think the barman will mind my drinking from this? Fishface ask with a smile while patting his Everfull Mug What about the rest of you? he continues turning to face the others.

PersonMan
2011-05-14, 08:05 AM
Selea shrugs. I'm fine with going off to drink. It isn't like there's anything really important we'll be missing. She says, smiling. I feel like relaxing a bit before going back out to sea again. The bard adds, looking out at the port.

Torgarn
2011-05-14, 09:09 AM
Nothing better to bond over than a mug if whisky. Angus grins, Let's get going, I'll find us the seediest tavern, I swear I will.

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 06:16 PM
Walking with the others, the mage suddenly stops and tilts his head. Turning around, he says "Captain, you may want to look at this."

Torgarn
2011-05-15, 06:21 PM
I already know what's happening, the Crimson King sent me a mental message, we need to move, now. This port is about to become a living hell. Damnation, I could really have used a good drink.

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 06:25 PM
"Aye, aye. What's the plan?"

Torgarn
2011-05-15, 06:55 PM
We need to find a man named Doyle at the docks, he will have our cargo ready. Then we haul ass out of here.

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 07:10 PM
"Very well; as time is of the essence, would you like me to fly ahead and see if I can find this Doyle fellow? You wouldn't happen to have a description, would you?"

Torgarn
2011-05-15, 07:14 PM
I don't, though he will be near some crates, since he is guarding the cargo inside them.

Burnheart
2011-05-15, 07:24 PM
Then what are we waiting for captain lets go Fishface say as he starts heading back to the docks Kraitauer do you think its wise to split up right now?

Lyndworm
2011-05-15, 07:46 PM
The old man considers the locathah's words before speaking. "You have a point, my friend. Perhaps it would be better to travel together, whatever the distance. Let us not waste anymore time, then." Kraitauer follows after Fishface, moving as quickly as his weathered frame will carry him.

Torgarn
2011-05-15, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't want anyone to get left behind. Angus runs ahead, This better be worth it.

PersonMan
2011-05-16, 12:39 AM
Selea sighs, following the others. Although she is hoping that this hell will break out before they leave-maybe not early enough to catch them up in it, but so that she can see it. A song about an entire port being destroyed could be a great addition to her repertoire...

mrcarter11
2011-05-16, 01:08 AM
As your group begins to run back towards the harbor, your finally able to distinguish the flags of the oncoming ships, the Steel Guard. From what you can see it looks as if nearly forty of their ships are about to reach port. Their cannons have already begun to fire, and buildings have begun to crumble.

Suddenly from out of the ground in front of you all, a man raises. His body translucent as he pulls himself from the ground. He is dressed in clothing similar to the Crimson King, and wears the Sailing Shadows insignia on his jacket. And then he looks to your group as he speaks.

"Right. I'm Wraith, I was sent to help you reach Doyle. We really need this cargo out of here soon. This way, now."

With that said, he takes off running towards the harbor.

Lyndworm
2011-05-16, 11:20 AM
Kraitauer follows the man.

Burnheart
2011-05-16, 12:00 PM
Fishface also follows Wraith as fast as he can Is everyone here? he calls out.

Torgarn
2011-05-16, 01:08 PM
Anyone who fals behind, your going to regret it Angus shouts, keeping pace with Wraith.

PersonMan
2011-05-16, 01:12 PM
Selea moves with the others, considering the first lines of the song as she did so. Perhaps she could have it ready for magic by the next time they were fighting.

Grendus
2011-05-16, 10:46 PM
Themest keeps pace with the group, massive troll claws gouging small indentations in the docks and ground as he follows.

mrcarter11
2011-05-17, 12:01 AM
As the group hightails it towards the docks, Wraith leads you seemingly with a purpose. He eventually stops at a ship moored some 50 feet from your own. Leading you on board, he greets the only person on deck with a wave of his hand.

"Alright gang. Those three creates right there need to get to your ship. I think we could use some extra labor.

Holding out his right hand, 5 tendrils leak from it, one from each finger. The black inky energy separates from his hand, and each tendrils morphs into a large muscular zombie. Wraith points towards the creates and the zombies move towards the creates to gather them.

"They can handle the merchandise. So let us keep moving towards your ship.

With that said, Wraith leaps from the boat onto the deck and begins moving back towards your own ship. Stopping for only a brief second to allow you all to catch up.

Torgarn
2011-05-17, 12:04 AM
Angus springs off of the ship following after wraith, Are you coming with us?

PersonMan
2011-05-17, 12:08 AM
Glad that she is unusually hardy for one of her profession, Selea follows the others, a bit annoyed that their employer waited until they were away from the ship to make them run back to it.

mrcarter11
2011-05-17, 12:17 AM
"I'm not heading out to sea with you, but my orders are to get your ship loaded up and get you out of here. And that's what I plan to do. The Steel Guard is attacking, and we don't know why, nor do we care. This is our island, and we will kill every last one of them for this mistake.

Lyndworm
2011-05-17, 01:04 AM
Kraitauer follows his captain wordlessly.

Burnheart
2011-05-17, 05:54 AM
Fishface keeps pace with the captain Captain what do you think the odds of us getting out alive are? he asks Angus quietly.

Torgarn
2011-05-17, 08:12 AM
I'm fully confident in your abilities and if worst comes to worst, we can abandon the ship and cargo. You can breath underwater and I have a magical device that allows the same, escape should be easy. Angus whispers back.

Burnheart
2011-05-17, 04:06 PM
What about the others? Fishface replies quietly before glancing at them briefly.

Torgarn
2011-05-17, 05:34 PM
They are all competent, if they don't have the necessary power to escape if worst comes to worst, then they deserve to be captured.

Burnheart
2011-05-17, 07:23 PM
Fishface nods in reply and then continues hurrying to the harbour How much further Wraith? he calls out

mrcarter11
2011-05-18, 10:45 AM
As your group nears it's ship, a thick silver mist rolls in front of the group, Wraith comes to a dead stop merely five feet from it. Without warning he leaps backwards as a sword blade swings through the space his head had just inhibited. The mist takes not even a second to dissipate, a group of 4 stand in the space it had taken up. Two young men and a women, stand behind the swordsman, a very tall older man. The swordsman speaks first.

"Give us the cargo and no harm shall befall this harbor any more. You know you can't win Wraith. This group and myself are more then capable of killing you.

"Wrong again Seeshimi.

Wraith raises his hands in front of him, and the air ripples around them, towards the other group. The four enemies scatter in an attempt to get away. The swordsman, Seeshimi, however speeds back at Wraith sword out, ready to rend flesh.

"Team, kill these others, Wraith is mine."

With that, the two of them begin their own fight. You see Wraith phase the sword through himself as he and Seeshimi land on another ship. However, you have little time to watch, as a dagger cuts through the air at Angus. His cutlass coming up at the last second to deflect it. As you turn to glance behind you, you notice the zombies are gone, leaving the creates sitting all alone. One of the men seem intent on simply stealing them, the other two stand in front you still. The girl armed with 4 daggers, the boy standing without any weapons.

PersonMan
2011-05-18, 12:45 PM
Selea immediately begins a song, once again seemingly pulling sadness out of the air once again. The badge on her clothes glows for a moment and it, her helmet and the small horn she has at her side do as well.

Actions:
Singing Inspire Courage, using Badge of Valor to increase the bonus to +2.
Also activating one of the collection benefits: as an immediate action, I'm giving Angus a +5 competence bonus on one attack, save or skill check.

Next round brings more fun.

Lyndworm
2011-05-18, 01:46 PM
Kraitauer turns and flys into the air, shouting "Lasau vi aishnak!" As he says the last word, the wizard's left hand squeezes a small bag tightly, and a great feline creature appears. "Lusob ang dorobo!" the mage shouts, and the lion attacks the man stealing the crates.

Moving up at a 45 degree angle using all 70ft of movement (35ft up, 35ft forward). After that bit of movement, Kraitauer casts Summon Monster IV. He summons a Celestial Lion, and it appears 15ft away from the man taking the crates, only to Pounce on him.

Potential attacks for the lion:
Claw Attack 1:
[roll0] [+2] (19)

Claw Damage 1:
[roll1] [+2] (13)

Claw Attack 2:
[roll2] [+2] (23)

Claw Damage 2:
[roll3] [+2] (11)

Bite Attack:
[roll4] [+2] (16)

If Bite is successful, Grapple Check:
[roll5]

Bite Damage:
[roll6] [+2] (10)

Rake Attack 1:
[roll7] [+2] (32)

Rake Damage 1:
[roll8] [+2] (6)

Rake Attack 2:
[roll9] [+2] (32)

Rake Damage 2:
[roll10] [+2] (6)
Kraitauer Statistics:
Male Lawful Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 41/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Perfect)
Celestial Lion Statistics:
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast (extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 5d8+27 (49 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12
BAB/Grapple: +3/+14
Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d4+7)
Full Attack: 2 claws +10 melee (1d4+7) and bite +4 melee (1d8+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
S. Attacks: Improved grab, pounce, rake 1d4+3, smite evil,
S. Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, DR 5/Magic, low-light vision, resistance to acid/cold/electricity 5, scent, spell resistance 10
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +2
Abilities: Str 25, Dex 17, Con 19, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Balance +7, Hide +3*, Listen +5, Move Silently +11, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Run

Pounce (Ex):
If a lion charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.

Improved Grab (Ex):
To use this ability, a lion must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Rake (Ex):
Attack bonus +10 melee, damage 1d4+3.

Smite Evil (Su):

Skills:
Lions have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and Move Silently checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +12.

Torgarn
2011-05-18, 02:49 PM
Angus swings his blades at the one who attacked him.

1st attack rapier [roll0] damage [roll1]
2nd attack rapier [roll2] damage [roll3]
Cutlass Attack [roll4] damage [roll5]

Burnheart
2011-05-19, 09:27 AM
Fishface gets a dangerous gleam in his eyes then lunges at the unarmed man blocking the path to the ship.

Rage, then full attack the unarmed man.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Grendus
2011-05-22, 05:43 PM
Themest will attempt a leaping charge at the girl. He can make the horizontal leap on a 1 from a standing position for Leap Attack, but the vertical height is trickier. If he has 20 feet of wind up (that is, the girl is more than 30 feet away), he can make the vertical jump on a 1 as well (+23 jump modifier), otherwise he needs a 17.

If he has the 20 feet of wind up or makes the DC 40 check to jump 5 vertical feet from standing, he'll perform a leaping attack with all four chakra claws. If he doesn't, he'll attack with one troll claw and hope to land the poison.

Jump Check: [roll0] 25, put in the wrong modifier (damn I'm tired)

Chakra attacks (Power Attack for 2):
Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]
Attack 3: [roll5]
Damage 3: [roll6]
Attack 4: [roll7]
Damage 4: [roll8]

or Regular charge (Power Attack for 2):
Troll claw attack: [roll9]
Troll claw damage: [roll10], Fort DC 17 or take [roll11] con damage, repeat in 1 minute.
Chakra claw attack: [roll12]
Chakra claw damage: [roll13]
Troll bite attack: [roll14]
Troll bite damage: [roll15]

"I'm sorry child, but this is war, in a sense. Would that I could try to talk you down, but I don't have the time," Themest says, speaking softly, an uncanny sound from the massive troll. He sprints sprints and then leaps at the girl, bringing his claws to bear in a frenzy of slashing bone and chakra.

mrcarter11
2011-05-24, 11:11 AM
MAP (https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqLBtAMQgtX3dER6REhuakp1M3hHOE5HUUltT0l1U UE&hl=en_US&authkey=CNasiZwF)

The entire crew is able to injure these three new foes, however none of the three go down from the damage dealt. The thief who attempted to steal the crates from behind now bellows out a gout of flame at the lion and Selea. The girl armed with daggers unleashes every one of them at Angus in an attempt to down him. The unarmed man looks in Fishface's eyes and allows tips of flame to come to his fingers and then in a flurry, several puffs of fire reach out to scorch Fishface.

Selea and Lion
[roll0] Reflex save vs DC 20 for half

Angus
Attack 1 [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3] Damage [roll4]
Attack 3 [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Attack 4 [roll7] Damage [roll8]

Fishface

Targets Touch AC
Attack 1 [roll9] Damage [roll10]
Attack 2 [roll11] Damage [roll12]
Attack 3 [roll13] Damage [roll14]

Back to you guys.

PersonMan
2011-05-24, 12:00 PM
Save:
[roll0]

Selea winces at the blast of flame but ignores it. She draws on the sadness built up in the air and changes the pitch of her song slightly. Her allies still feel empowered, but suddenly their enemies feel a cloak of pure misery wrap around them, threatening to slow their movements and cloak their minds with melancholy.

Actions:
Inspire Courage bonus(+2) lasts for 5 more rounds
Switching to Dirgesong of Sorrow, DC 20 Will save or they get a -2 penalty to attack rolls, damage rolls and Will saves.
Move Action: Ready to move out of its range if any of the enemies uses some sort of area-affect attack

Lyndworm
2011-05-24, 12:44 PM
The lion avoids the brunt of the fire, but its scorched hide only enrages it. It continues to maul the crate-taker.

Kraitauer flies in the air, turning around. He shoots a bolt towards the crate-taker his summoned lion is attacking.

Moving to turn around and then move back using all 70ft of movement (35ft up, 10ft backward, 15ft to the right of former ground position). After that bit of movement, Kraitauer fires his hand crossbow. The lion full attacks.

Kraitauer's Attack:
Hand Crossbow Attack:
[roll0]

Hand Crossbow Damage:
[roll1]

Sneak Attack (I'm aware that it might not apply):
[roll2]
Claw Attack 1:
[roll3]

Claw Damage 1:
[roll4]

Claw Attack 2:
[roll5]

Claw Damage 2:
[roll6]

Bite Attack:
[roll7]

[roll8]

Bite Damage:
[roll9]
Kraitauer Statistics:
Male Lawful Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 41/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Perfect)
Hit Dice: 5d8+27 (31 hp)
S. Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, DR 5/Magic, low-light vision, resistance to acid/cold/electricity 5, scent, spell resistance 10

Pounce (Ex):

Improved Grab (Ex):
To use this ability, a lion must hit with its bite attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can rake.

Rake (Ex):

Smite Evil (Su):

Skills:
Lions have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and Move Silently checks. *In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +12.

Burnheart
2011-05-24, 02:18 PM
Fishface shrugs off the fire bolts and, still stareing into the mans eyes, begins to laugh contemptuously "You'll need to do better than that boy" he says stepping back slightly before trying to stab the man with his spear.

5ft step to C-19, full attack with spear.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Grendus
2011-05-26, 08:20 AM
Themest takes a five foot step over to C16 and full attacks the unarmed man, going for raw damage. He power attacks for three points.

First essentia claw: [roll0]
First damage: [roll1]
Second essentia claw: [roll2]
Second damage: [roll3]
Bite: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

If the second claw hits, double it's damage.

Themest, seeing the man was an arcanist of some sort instead of some kind of monk, switches his focus, stepping to his right and ripping into the man in a clawing frenzy, giving into the trolls instincts and letting out a massive roar in the process.

Torgarn
2011-05-26, 07:11 PM
Angus strikes out against the girl with the daggers.

mrcarter11
2011-05-27, 06:55 PM
Your three enemies seem to weather the attacks brought against them. None of the three look healthy or in good shape however. The thief that Kraitauer has focused on, glares upward at his opponent. A primal scream is let loose as a cannonball sized ball of fire speeds out of his mouth and towards the flyer. Bursting in the air in front of him. The heat from the burst affects Selea as well.

The girl with daggers smiles at Angus as he attacks her. Flicking her hands behind her towards Themest, a small wave of electricity flows out towards the troll, shocking him.

Fishface's insult doesn't seem to face the boy. The heat around Fishface begins to take a small toll on him though. Making him almost dizzy. It takes just a second before the boy strikes out again, this time he strikes first with his hand, which is engulfed in flames, before two more blasts of fire continue the attack.

Kraitauer + Selea
Reflec vs DC 20 for half. Damage [roll0] Fire and [roll1] Sonic Damage.

Themest
Your pushed back 10 feet, no matter what. Reflex save vs DC 21 for half of [roll2] Electric damage. Should you take any of that electric damage, then a Fort save vs DC 21, or your paralyzed for 2 rounds.

Fishface
Fort save vs DC 21 or your sickened.
Attack 1 [roll3] Damage [roll4] Fire
Attack 2 [roll5] Touch AC Damage [roll6]
Attack 3 [roll7] Touch AC Damage [roll8]

Back to you guys.. Also, how is everyone enjoying themselves so far..

Lyndworm
2011-05-27, 11:31 PM
OoC:
I had meant to post the following OoC, but made a mistake. Unfortunately, there will (likely) be a double post incoming as I'll make an IC post as well.

Kraitauer
Reflex vs DC 20 for half. Damage (9d6)[42] Fire and (3d6)[9 Sonic Damage.
[roll0]

With damage like that, a failure kills Kraitauer (-10 exactly).

Edit:
Woo! I made it. :smallsmile:

Also, how is everyone enjoying themselves so far..

So far so good, although I have to admit to being a little curious about the lion's Improved Grab being ignored twice (maybe). It's certainly possible that you rolled, won the grapple, and didn't think to mention it... but I have to ask, you know?

Lyndworm
2011-05-28, 12:05 AM
The lion continues to maul the crate-taker.

Kraitauer dodges the majority of the fireball hurtled towards him, but is still very badly burned. Struggling to fly, the mage shouts "Lasau vi rhyvos!" As he says the last word, the wizard's left hand squeezes a small bag tightly, and a great bovine creature appears. "Lusob ang dorobo!" the mage shouts, and the bison attacks the man stealing the crates.

Moving down diagonally using all 70ft of movement (0ft up, 45ft backward, 15ft to the right of former ground position). After that bit of movement, Kraitauer casts Summon Monster III and summons a Celestial Bison. The bison appears 15ft away from the crate thief and charges him. The lion full attacks.

Bison Attack:
[roll0]

Bison Damage:
[roll1]

Claw Attack 1:
[roll2]

Claw Damage 1:
[roll3]

Claw Attack 2:
[roll4]

Claw Damage 2:
[roll5]

Bite Attack:
[roll6]

[roll7]

Bite Damage:
[roll8]
Kraitauer Statistics:
Male Lawful Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 16/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Perfect)

Pounce (Ex):

Improved Grab (Ex):

Rake (Ex):

Smite Evil (Su):

Skills:
Celestial Bison Statistics:
Hit Dice: 5d8+32 (54 hp)
Initiative: +0
Armor Class: 13 (-1 size, +4 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 13
BAB/Grapple: +3/+15
Attack: Gore +10 melee (1d8+11)
Full Attack: Gore +10 melee (1d8+11)
S. Attacks: Smite evil
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 11, Cha 4
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Endurance

Smite Evil (Su):

PersonMan
2011-05-28, 11:48 AM
Able to escape the flames, Selea turns her attention from the song to the one who spat such a massive blast of flame. Raising her arm, the girl wills a sphere of deep blue energy into existence, partially hidden by mist rising off of it, of the same color. After a moment, she takes a step back and hurls the blast of pure sorrow at the man. Despite her having stopped singing, Selea's voice seems to hang in the air, the magic still hanging on.

Bardic Inspire Courage lasts for 4 more rounds
Dirgesong of Sorrow lasts for 5 more rounds.
Standard: Eldritch Blast
Move: Ready an action to move towards any ally who appears to be severely injured*.

*Not sure about a definition for this. I'm thinking reduced to 1/5 HP or less.

Ranged Touch(Eldritch Blast): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Grendus
2011-05-28, 06:46 PM
I'll attempt another jump, though I need a 40 to pull off leap attack and pounce (I'm an idiot... should have grabbed Leap of the Heavens. /sigh). Regardless, Themest will charge at the girl and attack, either with one claw or all four if he makes the jump. I rolled the saves in the OOC. Power attack for 4 points.

Jump check: [roll0]
Chakra claw attack 1: [roll1]
Claw damage: [roll2]+4 if he makes the jump.

And the other three, if he makes the jump:
Chakra claw attack 2: [roll3]
Claw damage: [roll4]

Chakra claw attack 3: [roll5]
Claw damage: [roll6]

Chakra claw attack 4: [roll7]
Claw damage: [roll8]

Back to you guys.. Also, how is everyone enjoying themselves so far..

Aside from wondering how you managed to have your characters hit so hard (not from a balance perspective, more from a "what spell can a 7th level character have that does 9d6?" perspective) it's been pretty interesting. Very exciting.

Themest twists out of the way of the spell, but is a hair too slow and goes tumbling backwards, rolling onto his hands and feet and twitching as the excess current skitters across his body. He lets out an inhuman roar, giving in to the troll instincts entirely, and springs forward again, caustic spittle foaming at the edges of his mouth as his claws lash out for blood.

Torgarn
2011-05-29, 02:58 AM
Angus laughs merrily as he swings out at the woman in front of him once more.

Burnheart
2011-05-29, 07:35 AM
Fishface, looking badly injured by the mans attacks, dives off the dock into the water and disappears below the surface.

Jump check [roll0] to dive
move to A-18 15ft below the surface, use all charges on the healing belt to restore [roll1] hp.
Rage: 5 rounds left

mrcarter11
2011-05-29, 10:27 AM
The lion's heavy mauling finally brings an end to the thief, screams of terror issue from him as Kraitauer's beast rips his throat free. Selea's blast of energy staggers the unarmed man. Angus manages to hit the girl, while Themest misses completely. The girl in a moment of anger, lashes out with a dagger. A savage swing of the dagger into Angus's chest.

The unarmed man collects himself for a second and drops his hands to the ground. As he does it, Themest can feel the heat in the ground below his body. As the man's hands touch the ground, the ground below Themest explodes upward in a pillar of flame.

Angus
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] Fort Save vs DC 21 or be knocked prone.

Themest
Attack not needed Damage [roll2] Fire Damage Reflex vs DC 21 for half.

Burnheart
2011-05-29, 11:02 AM
Suddenly Fishface leaps out of the sea, sending water spraying all around him as he lands on the dock in front of the unarmed man, once more plunging his spear into the mans flesh.

Use Flying Fish Leap to jump out of the water into C-18 Jump check [roll0]
Attack [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Rage: 4 rounds left.

PersonMan
2011-05-29, 11:02 AM
Selea, smiling at the effects of her attack, draws more of her emotion into its dangerous, inherently damaging form before hurling it at the unarmed man. After her attack, she moves to C 21, hoping to heal Fishface once he surfaces. If he's visible, she'll motion to him to move over to her so that she can use her healing magic on him.

Actions:
Bardic Inspire Courage has 3 rounds left
Dirgesong of sorrow has 4 rounds left

Standard: Eldritch Blast at unarmed man
Move: Go to C21, wave to Fishface if possible

Eldritch Touch Attack (Ranged) [roll0]
Pure Suffering Damage: [roll1]

Grendus
2011-05-29, 07:12 PM
Full attack on the girl. Two claws and a bite. Four points of power attack.

Claw 1: [roll0]

Claw 2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Bite: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Once again too slow to move out of the blast of the spell, Themest continues his assault, attempting to prove that even badly maimed, he was still a major threat.

Torgarn
2011-06-02, 02:45 PM
Angus flips himself off of the ground. He slashes out at the woman once again.

Move action to stand from prone.

Standard attack with rapier: [roll0] damage [roll1]

Lyndworm
2011-06-03, 12:42 PM
"Lusob ang punyal bobits!" shouts Kraitauer. As he does so, the lion and bison both stop what they're doing and rush towards the dagger-wielding woman. Not quite able to reach her, they stop a little ways back. "Angus, Fishface, you may want to let them through." Kraitauer lands on the docks.

Kraitauer uses a double move to land (I don't really care where, so long as it's within 60ft of an enemy). The lion and bison each use a double move to get to 21-C and 21-D, respectively.

Kraitauer Statistics:
Male Lawful Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 16/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Perfect)

Pounce (Ex):

Improved Grab (Ex):

Rake (Ex):

Smite Evil (Su):

Skills:
Celestial Bison Statistics:
Hit Dice: 5d8+32 (54 hp)
Initiative: +0
Armor Class: 13 (-1 size, +4 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 13
BAB/Grapple: +3/+15
Attack: Gore +10 melee (1d8+11)
Full Attack: Gore +10 melee (1d8+11)
S. Attacks: Smite evil
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 10, Con 20, Int 3, Wis 11, Cha 4
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +5
Feats: Alertness, Endurance

Smite Evil (Su):

mrcarter11
2011-06-04, 05:05 AM
Themest's last attack sends the girl to the ground with a massive gash along her chest. The unarmed boy while still standing is only just so. His body weans back and forth, before he crumples down to the ground, unmoving.

The area now clear of any direct threats, the crew is free to continue loading the crates.

PersonMan
2011-06-04, 05:31 AM
Selea will cast Cure Light Wounds on herself and her two most injured(read: lowest HP) allies. I'm saving some of my energy for later-I'll use it to speed up our healing the next time we sleep. She explains, sounding a bit sad, completely unlike her normal self.

Selea will then use her other magic to imbue herself with increased dodging ability and an eldritch edge to her words.

Rolls:
Self: [roll0]
Other 1: [roll1]
Other 2: [roll2]

Followed by Dark One's Own Luck and Beguiling Influence on self.

Burnheart
2011-06-04, 07:04 AM
Fishface stabs the unarmed man through the heart with his spear before crouching down to search him "We should make sure they're all dead before moving on" he calls out.

Here are some search and spot checks in case you decide i need them to find anything on the mans body.
Search [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

After finishing his search of the man and finding nothing Fishface moves to the girl then stabs her through the heart and starts searching her for valuables. "Whats this here" fishface holds up a key for the others to see "What do you think it opens captain?" he asks.

Torgarn
2011-06-04, 03:21 PM
I have no idea, don't slaughter possible prisoners again fishface. We need information on what's happening here, we wont get it if you slaughter everyone we beat down.

Lyndworm
2011-06-04, 03:50 PM
Walking to meet with the others, Kraitauer instructs his summons to rest. They will dissipate shortly enough. "I'm not sure it's my place to speak, but I must voice my agreement with the captain. I have no issue with killing or death, but that was just wasteful. Shall we get a move on?"

Burnheart
2011-06-04, 04:56 PM
Fishface just shrugs as Angus talks then when he finishes walks up to him "Here captain you keep this" Fishface hands Angus the key "Since its already too late for those two" Fishface points at the bodies of the girl and the unarmed man, both of which have large jagged wounds across their chests from fishface's spear "Shall i roll them off the pier? We don't want them coming back to get us later after all" he looks over at the other man they fought "What about him is he still kicking?"

Torgarn
2011-06-04, 05:20 PM
We should take the bodies with us. Even without the ability to question them, we may still be able to learn something from their corpses.

PersonMan
2011-06-04, 05:58 PM
Selea stays silent-also unusual for her-during the discussion about the prisoners, apart from the verbal components of her healing spells(one on Kaitauer for 6, one on Themest for 12).

Burnheart
2011-06-04, 08:51 PM
"If you say so captain" right after finishing that sentence fishface turns around and starts dragging the girls body onto Heresy. "Someone grab the other one" he points "Everone else grab the crates we need to get out of here fast"

Lyndworm
2011-06-04, 09:02 PM
"I'm an old man! I can't move squat." Despite his protestations, Kraitauer grabs the thief and begins dragging him. "Sayad ang lalaki tungo bapor!" he shouts. The lion grabs the unarmed man in it's mouth and begins dragging him towards the boat. The bison follows, but does not help.

Torgarn
2011-06-05, 12:50 AM
Here old man, I'll carry this one Angus says, grabbing the man from him and slinging him over his shoulder.

PersonMan
2011-06-05, 03:54 AM
Selea follows the others, staying a bit behind them. She's still staying quiet, although now she seems like she's concentrating on the port, rather than simply staring off into space.

DM:
Is there a way out of the port? It there's only one exit, wouldn't we have to go right past the attacking ships?

Grendus
2011-06-05, 03:50 PM
Burn two charges from his wand of Cure Light wounds. I have to make a caster level check and beat an 8, because some genius made Cure Light Wounds a second level Ranger spell. I guess they figured a delayed casting progression wasn't enough.

CL Checks: [roll0][roll1]
Heal rolls: [roll2][roll3]

With the two down, Themest manages to stagger forward to the crates before his badly charred body gives out, collapsing against the wood and breathing heavily. "I've got to learn to move faster," he grunts, slowly hauling himself back upright and reaching into his haversack for his wand. "Or maybe track down some energy resistance."

He gives himself a few prods with the wand before putting it back up and testing the crate's weight. "Let's get going before they send somebody to make sure the two dead guys are really dead."

Burnheart
2011-06-05, 07:03 PM
After laying the girls body on deck Fishface goes back to help Themest with the crates "Push, come on nearly there" pausing for a moment he calls out "Anyone else going to help?"

Lyndworm
2011-06-05, 07:05 PM
Kraitauer responds to Fishface's call, returning to help move crates after Angus takes the thief.

PersonMan
2011-06-06, 02:59 AM
Although she doesn't expect to be of much help, Selea goes to help the others load the crates. It isn't like there's anything else left for her to do, as she's used up all of the healing spells she can cast for the moment and there wasn't much her songs could do in this situation.

mrcarter11
2011-06-07, 12:10 PM
As the group loads the crates and bodies on board, a man of average size and youth, approaches the port side of the ship. All of you happen to take notice of him quickly, but before any violence breaks out, he calls up to the ship.

"Name's Doyle. I was sent to assist y'all. Permission to come aboard Cap?

Without waiting for any type of reply, he swings himself up and onto the ship. Taking stock of the bodies and crates, he glances around the ship as if looking for something.

"Heh, it'd be best for us to get going now. Who's on helm for this ship? We need you there now, we gotta get going. There shoulda been another guy with these three, where'd he go? And like I said, we need to be moving now, if they got squads out looking for this cargo, we need to get it below deck in a hurry...

Burnheart
2011-06-07, 01:17 PM
Fishface was already heading to the helm when Doyle boarded now there he asks him "Where to?" then looks at the others "Cast off the lines if you want out of here before more people show up looking for the crates" facing Doyle again he says "Talk to the Captain" and points at Angus.

Torgarn
2011-06-07, 06:16 PM
Prepare the ship to set off crewmates. We need to get out of here now. Angus shouts out, then turns to the new man, How do we know you are truly an ally and not simply a plant from our enemies.

Lyndworm
2011-06-07, 06:22 PM
"How's the wind, Fishface? Do you want me to give us a boost?" Kraitauer inquires.

OoC:
I don't actually expect Burnheart to know the answer, it just seemed like a logical way to ask the question IC.

Burnheart
2011-06-07, 07:50 PM
"The wind's fair Kraitauer" Fishface calls back "No need for you to use your magic"
Fishfaces Survival check about the wind [roll0]
I'll add the result IC when mrcarter11 sends it too me.

mrcarter11
2011-06-11, 09:58 AM
Doyle continues to look around the ship nervously.. Awaiting an invisible threat unknown to even him.
"Your going to wanna head down the coast of the island, get us bout 8 clicks south. Then cut across and head out towards wherever it is, Crimson told you to go. As for knowing who I am, I already introduced myself and Crimson should have to told you to find me in port. I figured I'd be better finding you though, with all the fighting and killing. A lot of people want these crates, that's for sure.. As he says the last part with gloom, he begins staring out to the open sea, three ships still fly the banner of the Sailing Shadows. The other armada is far from destroyed, but they have taken some casualties it seems.

Burnheart
2011-06-11, 10:10 AM
Fishface starts turning the ship to bring it out of the harbour and out to the open sea.

Torgarn
2011-06-11, 10:11 AM
We should get a move on then. Talking will only delay us.

mrcarter11
2011-06-14, 02:14 AM
As the ship begins to move into the open sea and out from the harbor, the fallout of the attack becomes more evident. Bodies lay floating in the harbor, fires adorn and crown several buildings, and screams can be heard from every direction. However, past all that, Fishface is able to bring the ship down and turn it without trouble. As the ship heads away from the island, and begins to move past the fighting armadas, it becomes clear that none of the ships are concerned with yours. At this point Doyle gives Fishface the needed directions to continue on. And then takes a dive over the edge and starts swimming towards the Sailing Shadow ships.

In OOC, I need steering and navigation rolls for Fishface. Also, in OOC thread, would anyone like any RP work? If nothing is seen today, or early tomorrow, I'll likely post in about 24 hours, as long as everything is stable on my end.

mrcarter11
2011-06-15, 03:57 AM
Just a notice, I do use a timeskip in this.. Hope no one minds.
Fishface is able to steer the ship accordingly and navigate towards the desired location. Thirteen days of sailing brings the crew within sight to an island that as far as any of you can guess is the island you need to be on. A lush jungle surrounds the shore and the sounds of native war calls can be heard from within. At the captain's orders, Fishface brings the ship ashore. As the crew stands by on deck listening to the jungle, the war chants seem to grow closer, and closer.

Torgarn
2011-06-15, 04:49 AM
Be ready, we may be attacked by savages.

Burnheart
2011-06-15, 12:50 PM
"Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll be peacefully" Fishface adds after Angus finishes speaking.

Lyndworm
2011-06-15, 01:00 PM
"You think those drums are a welcoming committee?" asks Kraitauer. "No, this whole island chain is infamous for it's constant, brutal warfare. If I'm correct, this is the friendliest of the five warring tribes, the Jestous. They'll likely expect us to trade with them as a sign of goodwill, however. If we don't, it could get very bad very fast."

Knowledge checks!

Geography:
[roll0]

History:
[roll1]

Local:
[roll2]

PersonMan
2011-06-15, 01:49 PM
Selea considers the situation for a few moments. Do you know how much time we could have? She asks, a bit more cheerful than before. For the past few days she's been a bit more quiet than she was before they arrived at the port, and has barely spoken today.

OOC:
This is what I've been waiting for!

If the others buy me some time, I'll weave a basket underwater!

Burnheart
2011-06-15, 02:44 PM
"Captain the guy we're looking for is Brax of the Sazen tribe, he's a leader of some sort and the crates are for him."

Torgarn
2011-06-15, 07:28 PM
We may be able to squeeze some extra out of this guy. The Crimson King is paying us, but there nothing saying we can't trick some savages into paying us extra.

PersonMan
2011-06-16, 12:06 AM
Selea seems a bit surprised, although her mood seems to brighten even more as they get closer to the island. Alright, then, do we know what language they speak? She asks, turning to Kraitauer-after all, he is the one who seems the most knowledgeable about these sorts of things.

After a moment, Selea snaps her fingers. I remember, from 'The Slaughter of the Third Wave', the islanders supposedly speak Common. She says.

OOC:
Arg forgot my Bardic Knowledge.
[roll0]

Burnheart
2011-06-18, 06:21 AM
"Well no sense in keeping them waiting" turning to Angus "Permission to land captian?"

Torgarn
2011-06-18, 06:36 AM
Indeed, but be vigilant, we don't know if they will be friendly.

Burnheart
2011-06-18, 05:30 PM
"Got it, anyone else coming?" Fishface asks turning to the rest of the crew.

Lyndworm
2011-06-18, 06:01 PM
Kraitauer raises his hand. "I'd like to meet the natives, unless the Captain thinks that I'd be more useful guarding the ship."

PersonMan
2011-06-18, 06:11 PM
Selea nods and raises her hand, as well. If we do end up fighting, it'd make sense for all of us to be there, right? She considers, shifting from foot to foot as she gazes at the island.

Grendus
2011-06-18, 06:34 PM
"I will join you," Themest says, joining the others from the bow of the ship where he had spent most of the journey. "You'll want a naturalist to help you find your way through trackless jungle."

Torgarn
2011-06-18, 11:04 PM
I'll stay with the ship and guard the cargo, greet them and bring them back here, I have a feeling we will want to be finishing our business with these crates as quickly as possible.

Burnheart
2011-06-20, 05:04 AM
"Right well come on then" Fishface says as he starts climbing down on to the beach "Lets get moving" he continues as he walks towards the jungle.

PersonMan
2011-06-20, 10:30 AM
Selea follows, keeping an eye out for possible dangers as she considers what's to come. This whole thing would certainly make for an interesting epic...

Lyndworm
2011-06-20, 11:18 PM
Kraitauer, too, follows behind Fishface. "What do we have to trade with the locals?" he asks.

mrcarter11
2011-06-21, 02:13 AM
As you all begin to near the jungle border, the chanting becomes louder, until it's almost deafening. Then the tribe spills from the jungle in waves. The tribe consists of possibly fifty people. A few tribesmen, covered in tattoo's of glowing ink sit atop horses. Almost the entire tribe possess some form of crude weaponry which they quickly point towards your group. One of the men on horseback speaks.

"I am Mox, Chief of the Jestous people. Our shaman spoke of your arrival three days past at this very spot, and now here I stand to slaughter each and every one of you. Speak your names so I may know who I kill for our God, Slix, god of war and bloodshed.

As his introduction ends, several warriors step forward spear armed and readied against you.

Burnheart
2011-06-21, 11:17 AM
"You can call me Fishface you blood thirsty git" Fishface yells while drawing his spear "If you want a fight then i'll give you one"

Grendus
2011-06-21, 01:18 PM
Themest would have gone into troll form before embarking for the stat bonuses.

Themest will ready an action to shoot any enemy who attempts a hostile action (charge, throw, or especially cast a spell).

Shot: [roll0]

Also, spot check for any hidden tribesmen if they're planning an ambush: [roll2]

Themest silently draws his bow, leveling it at the tribesmen. Behind his eagle mask, his eyes move slowly around the clearing, checking for targets.

PersonMan
2011-06-21, 01:50 PM
Selea's mood changes instantly when the tribal leader announces his intent. Suddenly, instead of being full of joy, she seems to be depressed to an extent that causes the emotion to positively ooze from her.

Oh, you're the tribespeople? The bard asks, her head tilting to the side and her eyes wide open. You know, I've been wondering something-you're a leader, right? They've always intrigued me, you see. I've always wondered what's left of a leader if you hollow him out with sadness like normal people. As she speaks, Selea is surrounded by a faint blue aura which slowly grows larger and more noticeable. With each passing second the air seems to change, growing heaver as what feels like a blanket of sorrow creeps across the air, centered on the formerly ecstatic bard girl. Selea's head rolls forwards, her hair concealing her face for a moment before she tilts it back again, gazing at the mounted man through her black locks. I'd like to know, before you die, what the worst experience you've had is. I wonder, would it compare to the loss of your people? She considers, suddenly grinning after a moment. Perhaps you could actually stand up now, rather than staying seated-I have another question. We've been sent here to deliver something, perhaps you are the intended recipients?

If the man responds in a negative(as in, he doesn't know or says 'no') or hostile manner, Selea says Suffer, with a suddenly musical tone and starts to sing a song that brings to mind the worst experiences of the listeners, filling them with sorrow.

Actions
Alright, basically I'm going to try and do the following:
Intimidate: [roll0]

If the man/tribe doesn't seem to be the intended recipient of the crates:

And activate Song of Sorrow at the same time, using Perform(Sing)[roll1].

Enemies need to make a DC 20 Will save or take a -2 to Will saves, attack and damage rolls.

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 11:59 AM
The man seems highly unnerved by Selea's speech. He even seems more friendly for a few moments. As he answers that isn't aware of what they are delivering and then Selea begins her song, but as she does, a shaman begins chanting a counter to it.

Just gonna roll Will's for the important people.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

The war chief stares down at the Selea, angry at the woman for daring to speak to him in such a tone.
"I Mox, declare that you leave this place or offer trade in exchange for safe passage through our lands. If you wish to deliver something somewhere, tell me to who it is your package goes and I shall help as best I can. But threaten my people and Slix, shall feast on you tonight.

Lyndworm
2011-06-22, 01:49 PM
Kraitauer tilts his head in thought, searching his memory.

What does Kraitauer know about Slix and/or the god's ways?

K: History:
[roll0]

K: Religion:
[roll1]

K: The Planes:
[roll2]

Burnheart
2011-06-22, 02:01 PM
"We are looking for Brax of the Sazen tribe, do you know him?" Fishface replies still holding his spear "If you're willing to trade then so are we, what sort of things are you interested in?"

Torgarn
2011-06-22, 07:44 PM
Angus paces the deck, then begins walking across the ship, checking the ship, to make sure that nothing is out of place and that everything is operating properly.

Lyndworm
2011-06-23, 01:02 PM
Quietly, Kraitauer says to Fishface "I know of this 'Slix.' It's true that he's a god of bloodshed, and he may very well demand our deaths if we do not trade... but he's also a god of duty and honor. I think that once these people give their word, they'll keep it. They are brutal, but also cunning; it would be wiser to have them as allies than enemies. In short, do we have any weapons we can do without?"

Burnheart
2011-06-23, 04:40 PM
"Not on us we don't" Fishface replies quietly without taking his eyes off Mox or his hands off his weapon "Maybe back on the ship but lets see what he asks for first" although he said he would be willing to trade Fishface remains ready for a fight.

mrcarter11
2011-06-24, 09:07 AM
"We the Jestous are honorable people. We are times of war with another tribe. Supplies or weapons of any sort would be looked upon kindly. Or help of any sort.

Burnheart
2011-06-24, 11:40 AM
"Then you should come to our ship" Fishface points over his shoulder "and speak to the Captain, any weapons or Supplies we may be able to trade are there"

mrcarter11
2011-06-24, 05:52 PM
Mox looks at the group as if judging them. You can easily see the concern in his eyes as he picks his next words very carefully.

"I may not go, as chief of this tribe my place is in war or upon sacred ground. In my steed, I send my son Jupar, the greatest killer in the Jestous tribe. Fear him if you wish harm upon my tribe foreigners"

With that said, a built young man steps forward to stand with the crew. With the nod of his head, three more tribemen join him in your ranks. He looks at Fishface, expecting him to lead them back to the ship.

Burnheart
2011-06-24, 06:51 PM
"Well this way then" Fishfaces says turning around sharply and moving back the way we came "Kraitauer get back to the ship and tell the captain whats happend" fishface orders.

Lyndworm
2011-06-24, 06:56 PM
"Aye aye!" The old man unfurls his wings and takes off into the skies, heading for the ship and Captain Angus.

PersonMan
2011-06-25, 05:56 AM
Selea follows Fishface, keeping an eye on the tribesmen but not really seeming completely concentrated on what's actually happening.

mrcarter11
2011-06-25, 08:31 AM
The now larger group approaches the ship. Angus and Kraitauer stand on the main deck of the ship as everyone begins to file on to the ship. Once everyone is on board, Jupar speaks.

"My name is Jupar and I was sent to help reach a bartering agreement between our people and you.

Torgarn
2011-06-26, 03:44 AM
Aye, what is it you be wanting then?

Burnheart
2011-06-26, 12:19 PM
"His father the chief said weapons, supplies or a service captain" Fishface says walking up to Angus and standing next to him faceing Jupar. "Thats why i brought him here to speak to you"

Grendus
2011-06-26, 08:22 PM
"We have the weapons of those mercenaries sent to stop us... and I think the tridents the fish things were using as well. The ones that didn't fall into the water, anyways," Themest says, nodding to where they had stored the dead people's gear.

Torgarn
2011-06-28, 02:34 AM
That we do, though what we do be getting i return has yet to be clarified.

Burnheart
2011-06-28, 06:46 AM
"What we get is not having to fight a whole tribe of natives who outnumber us massively" Fishface says "Oh and help finding the person we have to deliver those to" he points to the crates.

mrcarter11
2011-06-29, 01:15 AM
Jupar looks to his companions and nods towards the crates. The whole group seems to exchange a silent conversation. Then Jupar speaks.
"In exchange for weapons and supplies, your granted not only your life, but safe passage in our lands. And if help is given in war, perhaps assistance with your goals as well.. Who though may you need to give those boxes too?"

He himself and his entire group nodding towards the crates.

Burnheart
2011-07-02, 06:20 AM
"It sounds like a good deal to me captain" Fishface says after thinking about for a while "Though i don't know about fighting for them" he shrugs.

Lyndworm
2011-07-02, 03:48 PM
Kraitauer says nothing, only looking to the captain.

mrcarter11
2011-07-10, 11:37 PM
Angus looks to everyone and finally back to Jupar. As he goes to speak, he falls into a terrible coughing fit. As everyone looks on for a second, Angus begins to choke for air and just as everyone begins to assist the poor captain, he blanks out, fainting on deck. Jupar glances around the crew wondering who would speak up now.

Burnheart
2011-07-11, 08:45 AM
"Angus" Fishface cries rushing to his friend then after seeing that he's out cold he turns to the others "Selea take the captain below and put him to bed" he orders "Right then" he says turning to face Jupar "You can take some of our supplies and weapons if you need them but what did you mean by help in war?"

PersonMan
2011-07-11, 09:10 AM
Right. Selea says, her cheerful tone odd for one who has just been given the order to drag her unconscious superior down belowdecks. Without another word, she begins the task, having some difficulty due to the man's weight.

mrcarter11
2011-07-11, 10:22 AM
"We are at war with the Anglow tribe. They have murdered members of our clan and for that we seek repatriation. We shall take whatever weapons we can from below. Popo, Darius go below deck with one of the crew and find what weapons we may use.

Jupar seems quite happy with the sudden progress that they are making in trade.

Burnheart
2011-07-11, 04:24 PM
"and what do you expect us to do for you in this little war you got going?" Fishface says with a frown.

mrcarter11
2011-07-12, 01:32 AM
Jupar looks at Fishface as if it is the dumbest creature he has ever laid eyes on.

"If helping in times of war, it is common practice to assist with the killing of one's enemies. That is all we ask. Supplies and grant death to some of our enemies so that they may find peace with Slix.

Burnheart
2011-07-12, 06:41 AM
"So you just expect us to fight along side you, good" Fishface replies ignoring the look Jupar is giving him "If you wait over there" he points to the back of the ship "I need to discuss this with the others before giving you our answer"

mrcarter11
2011-07-12, 07:43 AM
Jupar nods his head to this and steps of to the side, while his two allies disappear below deck with Selea

Lyndworm
2011-07-12, 02:46 PM
Solemnly, Kraitauer says "While the captain is under the weather, you're in charge, Fishface. Whatever you decide, I will follow. That said, I think we should help these people in their war. A few bodies at our feet, and they owe us quite a favor. Slix is a god of duty and honor: if Jupar and his father are half as devout as they seem, they won't be able to let a debt go unpaid."

Burnheart
2011-07-12, 02:47 PM
Fishface nods when Kraitauer finishes "Ok what about you Themest think we should help?" Fishface asks when Jupar has moved out of earshot.

With no response from Themest Fishface turns and marches over to Jupar "We'll help" he says.

mrcarter11
2011-07-15, 01:19 PM
Jupar smiles perhaps the most cruel smile any of you have ever seen. His eyes light with happiness.
"Excellent. My friends shall take back your supplies and I shall lead you to one of their camps. We slaughter them all, and then your side is complete.

Burnheart
2011-07-16, 08:40 AM
"If you say so" Fishface replies before turning around to call out to the others "Get ready to move we're leaving soon"

PersonMan
2011-07-16, 10:23 AM
Selea comes up from belowdecks, slightly confused by Fishface's sudden order. Are we helping them, or something? She asks, glancing at Jupar. I assume we're giving them supplies, since those guys are down there looking. The bard continues, remembering her surprise when the two men had appeared in the bowels of the ship.

Burnheart
2011-07-16, 04:28 PM
"Yeah we're helping them, once those guys down in the hold gather the supplies we're giving them he" Fishface points to Jupar "Is going to lead us to a group of their enemies and we're going to help kill them"

mrcarter11
2011-07-17, 06:48 PM
Jupar nods his head and waits a few moments as both of his allies march back up loaded with what supplies they found of use in the cargo hold. Jupar then explains what is happening to them and sends them on their way. "Well new friends, when you are all ready, we shall move.

PersonMan
2011-07-18, 05:58 PM
Selea turns to her comrades. I'm ready to go now, but... Gesturing in the direction of Angus' cabin, she continues, her voice tinged with concern that's especially noticeable due to her usually cheerful tone. I'm not sure about leaving him alone, especially if we're going off to war-all sorts of things could happen while he's here. She says.

Lyndworm
2011-07-18, 09:36 PM
"I agree that he should not be left alone, but a creature like you shouldn't be wasted on guarding him. You could change the tide of the coming battle with your talents." says Kraitauer. "The captain should be guarded, but I think not by you."

Burnheart
2011-07-26, 08:40 AM
"Right Themest you stay here with the captian, the rest of you follow me" After he says this Fishface marches over to join Jupar.

Lyndworm
2011-07-26, 02:06 PM
Kraitauer follows after Fishface silently, expression solemn.

PersonMan
2011-07-26, 03:32 PM
Selea smiles a bit at Kraitauer's comment, and follows Fishface, looking more like someone going to a party than one going to war.

mrcarter11
2011-07-31, 10:33 PM
Jupar shakes his head many times at the antics of the group he leads into combat. He has you all follow him as he winds into the forest. A path seemingly known to only him as continues forward. As you walk for what seems perhaps an hour, Jupar motions to stop. Pointing ahead you see an encampment approximately 100 yards ahead of you. About 30 armed men are moving around in the area.

Burnheart
2011-08-01, 09:27 AM
Fishface silently watches the camp before turning to face the others "Ideas?" he asks them quietly "I don't think charging them is going to work too well"

Spot and listen checks for observing the enemy camp.
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

PersonMan
2011-08-01, 02:29 PM
Selea looks at the camp, turning to Jupar and and quietly asking So, then, what now? You had a plan while leading up here, didn't you? While she still seems cheerful, she mentally prepares herself for combat, the thought of him suddenly betraying them coming into her mind.

Rolls:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Lyndworm
2011-08-01, 03:46 PM
"I could summon beasts across the way, distracting and dividing them, if you wish. Other than that, I'm not much for affecting groups. I could pick out an individual and send him away, if you'd prefer." offers Kraitauer quietly.

Listen:
[roll0]

Spot:
[roll1]

mrcarter11
2011-08-02, 02:41 AM
The group at large all notices the same things. They can see that out of the 30 men, 4-6 of them stand apart, while another on a raised platform speaks to them. As you hear him talk you realize that the smaller group is a raiding group of some of the clan's best warriors. The one speaking is the War Chief of the tribe. The rest of the armed men seem to just be milling about, some doing labor chores such as carrying water and some weight train. The camp, while imposing due to the size of the group stationed there, seems poorly organized and ran.

Jupar looks back to you all. Before he speak, you can feel power brim within him, rushing to the surface. Claws and extra arms pull free from his body.
"The plan is simple, kill them all. I do not care about how we do it, just that it is done. They must all die.

Burnheart
2011-08-04, 07:18 AM
"Fine i've not problem with that" Fishface says "But i'm not going to die here for you and we're outnumbered badly so we need a plan"

PersonMan
2011-08-04, 08:29 AM
Selea glances up, checking the trees to see if an approach from above would be possible. She also looks around the edge of the clearing, seeing if there's a way to get closer without being spotted.

Kraity and I could go around the side and distract them, then you two could come in from the other side. Any sort of attack would work better if I could get some sadness in the air, first, to shake 'em up. Selea considers, absentmindedly toying with her hair as she speaks.

Lyndworm
2011-08-05, 12:27 AM
Smiling at the nickname, Kraitauer says "In my opinion an excellent idea. No matter what I do, I need to get a bit closer to do it. I think that my best bet would be summoning more allies to even our odds and flank them, but I must get much closer for that. If Selea and I move around their camp, my beasts and her sorrow should prove devastating." Though he seems sure of this plan, the old man looks to the acting captain for instruction. "I move on your word, Fishface."

Burnheart
2011-08-05, 04:56 AM
"Do you have any spells that can boost my speed before you start?" Fishface replies "I'm too slow out of water"

PersonMan
2011-08-05, 05:27 AM
Selea closes her eyes for a moment, considering the spells at her command. After a moment, she opens them again and shakes her head. I don't have any speed-spells...I could give one or both of you some stuff to help you not get hit as often, though, as well as some extra combat ability. The bard muses, considering the situation.

Lyndworm
2011-08-05, 11:41 PM
Kraitauer nods. "I have such a spell. It will affect seven of us, but will last less than a minute. It may be best to wait until just the right moment before utilizing the spell."

Burnheart
2011-08-06, 07:35 AM
"Hmm how about we lure them closer somehow?" Fishfaces says slowly "Then hit them hard" he looks around "Kraitauer do you think you could start a fire?"

Lyndworm
2011-08-06, 03:59 PM
Kraitauer shakes his head. "Not as such, no... I can generate a wall of noxious smoke, but perhaps an actual fire is not necessary. Can anyone generate light? Light and smoke together should create the illusion of fire fairly well."

Burnheart
2011-08-06, 04:30 PM
"Hmm light, i think i've still got something" Fishface starts searching through his bags "Here will these work?" he asks holding up 4 Sunrods.

Lyndworm
2011-08-08, 12:49 AM
"I see no reason why they should not." says Kraitauer happily. "Where would you like to stage our illusion?"

Burnheart
2011-08-08, 05:28 AM
"Hmm" Fishface scans the nearby terrain.

Spot check to find a good place for the "fire". [roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-08-08, 05:31 AM
A suitable location with decent coverage is about 20 feet ahead of you. The foliage should help the illusion.

Burnheart
2011-08-08, 08:29 AM
"What about there?" Fishface points to a spot 20ft ahead of us.

PersonMan
2011-08-08, 12:13 PM
Selea raises an eyebrow. So, who can sneak a bundle of sunrods over there, and who volunteers to active 'em when the smoke goes up? She asks, glancing at her crewmates.

Burnheart
2011-08-08, 12:31 PM
"I'm no good at stealth" Fishface replies "I prefer a more direct approach" he continues a grim smile flashing across his face.

Lyndworm
2011-08-08, 05:30 PM
Kraitauer speaks up again. "I'm only a bit better at stealth than our dear Fishface, but if it's only 20ft I might be able to pull it off. That's still very far away from anyone trying to see me. Any objections?"

Burnheart
2011-08-09, 07:28 AM
"No i'll go you should be ready to cast the spell as soon as i place the sunrods" Fishface replies after a moments thought "Unless you have any skill at stealth Jupar?"

mrcarter11
2011-08-09, 07:52 AM
Jupar shakes his head no. The new claws and arms seem to twitch in anticipation of blood. The whole group can tell what he wants.

PersonMan
2011-08-09, 08:39 AM
Before you go...

Selea, just before Fishface begins his sneaky task, begins to sing a low melody, low enough to not be audible more than 30 feet away, that fills him with unexpected confidence in his sneaking ability.

OOC:
Using Inspire Competence on Fishface, to boost his Hide, just in case.

Alternate Dialogue:

Eww, Jupar, what a perv.

Burnheart
2011-08-09, 05:41 PM
Fishface creeps forward, as stealthly as he can, before slowly reaching into his bags for the sunrods and carefully placing them on the ground before signaling Kraitauer to begin casting his spell. After Kraitauer starts casting Fishface activates the Sunrods and dashes back to the others, hopefully without being seen.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

Lyndworm
2011-08-11, 02:29 PM
As soon as he sees the signal, Kraitauer begins his spell. "Dos di vutha thrae!" he calls out quietly, as his hand twists into an arcane shape.

Casting wall of smoke, targeted atop the sunrods, as a Standard action.

mrcarter11
2011-08-13, 10:32 AM
As the sunrods flash into into life and the smoke begins to arise from the place. The illusion of fire is complete. The first group of raiders runs off to finish whatever mission they were being given. Secondly a large group of tribesmen run off. As if to avoid the blaze and the likely resulting forest fire. Six warriors and the war chief stay back. One of the remaining warriors produces a gush of water from his hand and sprays out at the fire. When nothing happens, the warriors begin to look back and forth to each other.

Jupar looks at each of you before speaking. "More than half of them run in fear, now is the time to kill the remaining and pick up the survivors as they run. Agreed?

PersonMan
2011-08-13, 01:46 PM
Selea shrugs. Sure, man, your call.

A moment later, she begins a song which fills the air with inspiring chords that stir courage and determination in the group.

Actions:(Important for everyone)
Swift: Badge of Valor; +1 Inspire Courage
Standard: Bardic Inspire Courage; +2 morale to attack and damage rolls as well as Will saves vs charm and fear

mrcarter11
2011-08-15, 02:35 AM
The group of enemies starts becoming more daring. They begin to move towards the "fire". Two of them seem to just summon their weapons forth, they move towards the group. Two more of the six now dart into the forest, leaving the clearing and leaving your line of sight. Two more stay grouped together towards the back, one holds both a long spear and a small shield, while the other carries only a single battle axe. They seem to be peering into the forest in an attempt to see where anyone is. The Chief you now see stands with 4 arms, each of which ends a grotesque claw.

Lyndworm
2011-08-15, 04:37 AM
Kraitauer attempts to remain hidden and readies himself to act. The old man draws his weapon and begins to focus intensely.

Move action to draw the hand crossbow, Standard action to ready a Summon Monster IV. The condition that must be met in order for this to take place is the Chief moving to within 120ft. The spell will be cast as far out as possible (40ft) and Kraitauer will immediately give the order to attack the Chief. The spell will be used to summon a celestial lion, stats below.

If the lion is summoned, it will charge at the Chief.

Kraitauer's Hide:
(1d20+4)[10](14)

Kraitauer's Move Silently:
(1d20+4)[20](24)

Potential Attacks:
Claw Attack 1:
[roll0] +2 23

Claw Damage 1:
[roll1] +2 11

Claw Attack 2:
[roll2] +2 28

Claw Damage 2:
[roll3] +2 11

Rake Attack 1:
[roll4] +2 16

Rake Damage 1:
[roll5] +2 7

Rake Attack 2:
[roll6] +2 32
Critical Confirmation 26

Rake Damage 2:
[roll7] +2 7
Critical Damage 8

Bite Attack:
[roll8] +2 7

Bite Damage:
[roll9] +2 11 & Grapple [roll10]
Kraitauer Statistics:
Male Lawful Neutral Winged Human, Level 7, Init +4, HP 41/41, DR -, Speed 30ft, 70ft Fly (Poor)

Pounce (Ex):

Improved Grab (Ex):

Rake (Ex):

Smite Evil (Su):

Skills:
Lions have a +4 racial bonus on Balance, Hide, and Move Silently checks.
*In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, the Hide bonus improves to +12.

Burnheart
2011-08-15, 03:51 PM
Fishface waits until Kraitauer summons his lion then says in a low voice "Use your speed magic now"

mrcarter11
2011-08-16, 05:45 AM
The group of enemies continue to move forward and then the lion is summoned and surges forward to attack. It does reach it'd target and seems to take everyone by surprise. While the lion may have that going in its favor, the chief still manages to dodge all but one blow, the second claw strike lands true and rakes the leader, though the marks seem shallow. The chief tears into the lion now, with each of his 4 claws.

Afterwards the rest of the group continues forward, closing to 60 feet.

Claws

Claw 1
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Claw 2
Attack[roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Claw 3
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Claw 4
Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]

(If 1st two claws land)Rake 1
Attack [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

(If any other two claws land)Rake 2
Attack [roll10]
Damage [roll11]

Lyndworm
2011-08-16, 11:15 AM
Seeing the lion go down so swiftly disturbs Kratiauer, but tries to prepare himself nonetheless.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Burnheart
2011-08-16, 12:49 PM
Fishface smiles widely as the warriors approach.

Init [roll0]