PDA

View Full Version : Land Unfound IC Team 2

mrcarter11
2011-04-23, 04:16 AM
With the ship launched, each of you finally take the time recognize who you've been sent with. Most of you have never met any of the others before. The ship is coasting through the channel before it hits open water in the bay, without anyone at the helm. Towards the center of the main deck sits a barrel, upon which sits a scroll. As the ship begins to truly pull away from the dry dock, a spell on the scroll activates and the scroll is read aloud to the assembled group.

First things first, while most of you are unfamiliar with each other, we have made sure that every crew position can be handled by those among you. Crew positions should be decided soon, as your nearing the bay, at which time you'll need someone at the helm. West will take you out of the bay, and continue west for the unexplored. Rations for one month are aboard. And a map is at the helm, it details as far out as Lythia, that's as far as any of our cartographers ever made it. To continue west past them, you'll likely need to travel far south as to avoid their patrols. One last thing, good luck explorers and may you all return soon.

esorscher
2011-04-23, 08:35 AM
Thorongil looks over the ship's port side to see his handsome hammerhead swimming 10' below the surface of the water. "Easy, Brego," he cautions, and the shark backs off about 15', moving aft. Thorongil turns to the crew. "My name is Thorongil, and the mighty hammerhead you may see is Brego, my companion. Any who harm a tooth on his hide will answer to me." He grips the hilt of his sword, adding effect.

That said, he moves to the navigational charts, perusing and memorizing them while comparing them to the Lythian charts stored safely away in his memory.

Autohypnosis (to memorize): [roll0]
Survival (to predict weather): [roll1]

DM_for_once
2011-04-23, 09:33 AM
Must be a pretty degenerate mongrel of a creature to have teeth in its hide, mutters the tall, muscled, and obviously less than purebred man squinting in the light walking toward the barrel with the apparently magical scroll. Standing by the barrel he casually takes the scroll into his hands, inspecting it. As he turns and sits on the barrel he glances up from the scroll and lets his gaze travel over those assembled. Does anybody know how to steer this tub? he says in a louder voice. Cuz nothing I did warrants an execution.

PollyOliver
2011-04-23, 10:29 AM
"I can do that," says Jax, with a flourish of his fine cloak. His voice is friendly, but also somewhat cocky, the kind of voice that might make make a wise listener wonder what precisely is going to go wrong first. His face is plain but not bad-looking, framed by well-trimmed black hair that falls to his shoulders, and his eyes are piercing blue. From his fine clothes and the ring on his finger, he looks like a young nobleman, except that his skin is several shades too dark.

He pulls out his sextant and book of charts--his father's charts, so they include his homeland and a little past, as far as the traders pledged to his family have gone--and sets his course, squinting briefly at the sun through the device. He whistles as he does this, a faintly annoying tune.

"No trouble at all," Jax says, with far more confidence than he actually feels. "And this is Cinder, by the way." He points at a hawk perched sedately on his shoulder. "She hasn't any teeth, at least that I know of, but the same stands for her."

Jax finishes his course and takes the wheel, feeling a brief jolt of nervousness that he covers with his normal cocksure grin. This is the first time he's ever done it without one of his father's men to correct him if he makes a mistake. But he just keeps smiling, and whistling, a tune just off enough in its pitch to set a musically-trained listener's teeth on edge.

Profession (navigator)
Profession (helmsman) [roll] 1d20+14 = 20 from the other thread
Survival (weather) [roll1]

If I need a survival roll for anything else, such as to detect an upcoming hazard, could you tell me or roll it for me? Either way.

DM_for_once
2011-04-23, 11:59 AM
Ah good. says the large creature as he stands up from the barrel. Lazily stuffing the parchment he was examining into a pouch hanging from his belt he turns back toward the barrel and it becomes obvious (to those that it wasn't already obvious to) that what may have appeared to be a cloak hanging loosely around his shoulders is actually a set of wings, as he extends them slightly, unconsciously using them to correct his balance. Lifting the barrel to his ear he shakes it in an attempt to discover what, if anything, is within. Glad to know we'll be able to avoid running aground, or whatnot, he continues, no trace of strain in his voice. I mean, I'm pretty sure I can keep this thing afloat, but I'd rather not have to find out. Tucking the barrel under one arm, apparently more concerned with getting it out of the way than with its contents, he heads toward the companionway. I'mma head below deck to put this where it belongs and check that our supplies are secured. Pausing just before his head disappears he turns back toward the rest of the crew. Oh, and since we're all gonna be together for a while, you can call me Haze. And with that he ducks down and disappears.

Hat-Trick
2011-04-23, 12:43 PM
Ferrer lazily leans on the guard rail and yawns audibly, his gaze outward to the passing scenery. He picks up on Jax's tune and starts humming along, too bored out of his mind to notice the off pitch. It doesn't take too long before he loses interest outward and turns his attention back to the ship and his crew mates. Does that mean I'm working with you on repairs? He calls after the large wing-cloaked man. I don't know what else I'm doing here. I've always been shipwright on the other vessels. With that, he pulls out a hunk of wood and a small whittling knife and starts carving. I'm Ferrer, by the way. He says loud enough to carry to everyone. I didn't catch anyone elses names, except the shark, Brego, Right? He calls over the edge to the shark as a joke.

esorscher
2011-04-23, 12:49 PM
"Thorongil," Thorongil repeats. "I believe the surly winged one called himself Haze."

PollyOliver
2011-04-23, 12:55 PM
Jax snorts with laughter as the newcomer starts talking to the shark, and then goes back to his off-key whistling. This whole steering thing is working out better than he thought it would, in truth.

He half-turns to the shipwright. "You may call me L-- Jax," he says, catching himself. Lord Allardine he may be, but he's not really sure if saying it is a good idea. He doubts these people would care--they don't exactly look like the group of Nervanian patriots he was expecting, so they probably would think nothing of having a Lythian noble in their midst. Still, he supposes there will be time for that later. He stretches idly, keeping one hand on the wheel, and looks around at the rest of the group.

DM_for_once
2011-04-23, 01:41 PM
Coming above board Haze looks around for a moment, seeming as if he can't quite see in the sun. Finally locating the man who was talking to him as he disappeared he walks up to him, and looks him up and down rather blatantly. Shipwright eh? he says with an appraising look on his face. I've been a shipwright myself, off an on, for a few years now. Little honest work every now and then wont kill you after all, right? Seeming to come to a decision about something a small smile spreads over his face. I suppose we can share boatswain duties. Less work for both of us that way. With that he walks on past and to the edge of the ship. Well, if I'm going to trust my life to this ship I'll need to make sure it's up to scratch, so I'm off to check the hull. As he speaks his skin picks up a decidedly green tinge and his fingers grow webbing. Finally gills appear to either side of his throat and he moves to jump overboard. Catching himself suddenly he turns back to the others. Oh, Thorongil was it? Mind telling your shark not to eat me? And with a broad grin and faint wink he lets himself fall backward over the side of the ship. As his massive feet pass over the rail you notice, perhaps for the first time, that he isn't wearing any shoes.

Hat-Trick
2011-04-23, 01:54 PM
Lijax? Ferrer repeats with a chuckle. What kind of name is Lijax? It's not gnomish is it? I swear those guys have the weirdest names. He vaguely remembers his encounter with the gnome inventor Gerbo a year or so back and happily continues his whittling. When Haze returns and transforms he watches the changes with intrigue and whistles after the large man goes overboard. That was interesting. Guess he's repairing the hull, then. I'll stay on deck thank you.

The chunk of wood starts to take shape, although it's too soon to tell of what. He continues to whittle it until something interesting forces him to put it aside.

PollyOliver
2011-04-23, 01:59 PM
"Just Jax is fine," Jax says. "And I don't think it's gnomish. What're you making?"

Hat-Trick
2011-04-23, 02:06 PM
This? Ferrer asks, holding up the wooden figure of something. Just something that came to mind. He takes the knife to the wood again and the form becomes clearer, although not definite. It appears to be a humanoid figure wearing a dress or robes of some kind, but it's far from finished and still needs work. Memories bubbling to the surface and all that.

esorscher
2011-04-24, 10:12 AM
Thorongil, enraptured by the navigational chart, pays no notice to Haze's coming aboveboard, transformation or words. Nonetheless, Brego, well-trained, does not attack the strange creature, instead watching from a distance curiously. Finishing his inspection of the chart, Thorongil turns to the group at large, watching their behaviors.

DM_for_once
2011-04-24, 10:08 PM
Haze swims to the bank and pulls himself ashore. He shakes himself for a moment and then heaves his wings forward and back, shedding most of the water. With a mighty leap and many powerful strokes of his wings Haze is soon airborne and glides back to ship, landing surprisingly gracefully for a man of his stature. Well, everything looks fine to me, he says and while talking his skin, and hands return to normal and the gills refuse to form the simple patterns of the flesh of his neck. Don't suppose I missed anything excitin'?

mrcarter11
2011-04-24, 11:52 PM
With Jax at the helm, the ship easily navigates through the river and into the bay. Highly favorable winds allow it to surge through the bay and into the open sea. However the seas of Kattor are not a peaceful place and soon another ship is seen approaching quickly on the port side. Its speed seems unnaturally fast for the winds currently blowing. Perhaps the most notable thing about it though, is the flag it flies. Some of the crew may recognize it as the flag of the Sea Hunters.

esorscher
2011-04-25, 12:14 AM
"It would seem that time is upon us presently," Thorongil says to Haze. "Ready on the port side!" he calls out. Brego swims underneath the ship, ready to be mounted by her rider at any moment, once Thorongil determines where his skills would be best placed. He draws his bow and notches an arrow, adopting a familiar battle stance.

Thorongil spends a full-round action upon waking to achieve his psionic focus, I would assume today is no different. Blood in the water stance.

Hat-Trick
2011-04-25, 12:45 AM
Ferrer takes note of the ship and puts away his carving, his eyes seeming to tear up in the process, as if the thought of delaying the project is too much to bear, but the look on his face is entirely serious and unnaturally canny for someone on the verge of tears. That didn't take long at all. Ferrer says, a hint of steel in his voice, but not a quiver to belay the tears.

PollyOliver
2011-04-25, 09:53 AM
Jax looks to port and aft and blinks in surprise.

That was faster than expected, he thinks.

He loosens his posture, standing so his body moves easily with the roll of the ship, and tightens his grip on the wheel, getting ready to change.

Swift action to get into step of the wind stance. I don't know if I need to use an action to steer. If I don't, I'm readying an action to wild shape into a tiger if the other ship gets within around 10 seconds of us (I don't know how fast they're closing) with the request that I can retcon it to steering if necessary.

DM_for_once
2011-04-25, 02:49 PM
Hnm, grunts Haze, turning to the ship's rigging he fiddles with it in the hopes of coaxing a little more speed out of the ship. 'Spose it's time to see what we're all capable of, eh? He shouts to the others, looking for the first time like he might be enjoying himself. to do the above.
Once he's gotten the rigging set to his liking Haze turns toward the approaching ship. Might as well see what we might be dealing with, he mutters, mostly to himself. As he's speaking a shadow begins to form in his right hand. The shadow darkens, taking on physical substance, and is, in a way which causes your head to hurt if you think about it too long, giving off a faint light, as if this darkness is formed not of simple absence of light, but of a hungry vacuum which ingests the light too fast for more to fill the void. As a grin begins to spread over Haze's face he heaves his arm toward the other ship and lets lose a comet of darkness directly into the chasing ship's mainsail.

I wasn't sure what kind of action a profession check is, or if we were taking things round by round just yet, so if this is too much to do in one turn it can also be part of his next turn. [roll=Attack (Eldritch Spear)]1d20+10 and just in case that gets through whatever defenses they have it'll be [roll2] of Untyped Damage.

Stats:

HP: 54/54
AC: 21 (T: 19, FF: 16)
DR: 5/magic | 2/cold iron
Resistance 10 to: Acid, Fire, Electricity and Cold
Spell Resistance: 17
Power Points: 10/10
In Cognizance Crystal 3/3
Spell Like Abilities:
Detect Magic At Will.
Charm Person: 3/3
Detect Thoughts: 3/3
Suggestion: 3/3
Polymorph(humanoid only): 3/3
Psionic Tattoos Remaining:
Adrenaline Boost(CPs 78)
Burst
Know Direction and Location
Offensive Prescience
Prowess

mrcarter11
2011-04-25, 11:49 PM
Haze's fiddling with the rigging seems to work well, as it gives Jax the speed needed to cut to side and still leave the ship's cannons within range of your pursuer. Haze's attack meanwhile seems to cause little to no damage to the larger ship.

esorscher
2011-04-26, 12:35 PM
Thorongil tries to spot any figures on the deck of the enemy ship, and targets the nearest of them with his bow. He calls out to Haze, "The ship's sails may be protected but I doubt her crew are."

Full attack. All attacks are at nearest living enemy target within 70' (if one drops, he will target the next nearest.)

Attack 1: [roll0], [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2], [roll3]
Attack 3: [roll4], [roll5]

Hat-Trick
2011-04-26, 02:31 PM
Good idea, Ferrer smirks raising a fist and bringing it down swiftly, summoning a lightning bolt to strike as well.

[roll0] Electricity Damage, reflex 18 DC for half towards first remaining opponent within 70 ft. If none are in range, then just an attack on their Sail.

PollyOliver
2011-04-26, 02:37 PM
Jax breathes a quick sigh of relief as they pick up speed and make a smooth turn away. Still, the other ship is following, so he doesn't relax completely. He glances back again to gauge their progress, and then turns back to the wheel, trying to remember everything his father's captains taught him, still ready to change if things go bad.

[roll0] to keep trying to avoid them, assuming they're still more than one round back. I'm not sure where they are, but if they're closer than that, I'd like instead to wild shape and prepare to board them or be boarded.

THEChanger
2011-04-27, 09:18 PM
Rase had been standing at the bow, drinking in the smell of the ocean. It was good to be out on the sea again. When he had gotten captured by those sailors after being abandoned by his latest captain(And good riddance, too.), Rase had thought they'd never let him out of that infernal cage. No way to see the sky, no way to feel the spray of the sea. Rase would have to come back one day, and thank them for that experience. No matter. Rase's new ship was under attack. And Rase did not like people attacking his ship.
"Well, Ochre, my dear squamous fellow, looks like it's time to go to battle once more, eh?" The octopus stuck to the side of the ship squelched in agreement. Rase stepped to the side of the ship, and took aim at the enemy. A good blast of storm to the ship's side should be fun. As the unholy energy formed at Rase's fingertips, he winced a little, but forced the dark beast down. Rase was strong of will now, and would not surrender to the storm within so easily.
Launching a Sky's Rage at the enemy ship. Fun time.
Half of this damage is lightning, the other half is pure EBIL, and is not subject to energy resistance or immunity.
To Hit - [roll0]
Sky's Rage Damage - [roll1]
Also, anyone within 5 feet of where the blast hits(If it hits, and if any) must succeed a DC 18 Fortitude save, or go blind, which imposes a 20% miss chance.

mrcarter11
2011-04-28, 11:22 AM
The enemy ship takes Rase's blast in stride, the blast tearing open a hole in the hull, to high for water to currently get in, but still worrisome for the other ship. The chasing ship is able to divert Haze's blast into a side sail, and keep moving. The attacks of Ferrer and Thorongil while at a good distance, do seem to manage to leave some enemy crewman dead. Just as it seems the pursuing ship will be left far behind, a sudden cracking is heard, like thunder, within moments the effect is noticed. The enemy ship is suddenly only 10 feet off. Now you can see the damage done by Ferrer and Thorongil's attacks up close. A single man lay dead by the arrows, another bears a large wound in his shoulder, his shirt marked by the lightnings intensity.

The pursuers counterattack once within range. The man with the blasted shoulder, manages to fire a ray of energy at Thorongil. Meanwhile two men on board let loose a volley of arrows at Ferrer. Rase and Haze are left unwounded. Jax let loose the helm and begins to change form.

First off, Polly feel free to shift now.

Esorscher:
Attack [roll0] Targets touch AC
Damage [roll1]

Hat:
Volley 1
Attack 1 [roll2] Damage [roll3]
Attack 2 [roll4] Damage [roll5]

Volley 2
Attack 1 [roll6] Damage [roll7]
Attack 2 [roll8] Damage [roll9]

PollyOliver
2011-04-28, 11:38 AM
Jax swears at the other ship surges closer and lets go of the helm. It's too late for running now.

He focuses, closing his eyes and picturing the beast he wants to become. Taut, corded muscles under striped skin and the white gleam of long, curved teeth flash in his mind. Sunlight off the dark eyes, and a deep, low growl, like the sound of far-off thunder.

For one, fleeting moment, he understands the beast more perfectly than he understands himself, and suddenly he is crouched near the helm in his new form, muscles bunched and ready to spring.

Jax wild shapes into a tiger. We'll say I'm taking up the helm space and the space in front of it, as well as the two spaces to port of those. I'm not sure if this was my readied action or if it's actually my turn. If it's my turn, I'm saving my move action until I know where the enemies actually are. If it's not...carry on.

Hat-Trick
2011-04-28, 11:41 AM
Ferrer avoids one arrow and lets the other scrape off his chain shirt harmlessly. He takes a few strides to the center of the Maelstrom before letting loose another Blast of lightning at the apparent mage.

[roll0] Lightning damage, DC 18 Reflex for half.

Ferrer Tonis (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=290441)
Male N Human Binder//Rogue, Level 7, Init +8, HP 49/49, Speed 30
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 17, Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +4, Base Attack Bonus 5
masterwork Punch Dagger +10 (1d4, *3)
Mithral Chain Shirt +1 (+5 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Natural, +1 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 15, Int 16, Wis 9, Cha 20
Condition None

esorscher
2011-04-28, 11:42 AM
Thorongil counts the crew aboard the enemy ship quickly, bloodied by the ray of energy that struck him square in the chest. "That hurt," he says, shaking off the pain. He aims his bow at the responsible party, already marked by Thorongil's arrow.

Full attack, rapid shot. All attacks are at the enemy described above, unless he drops, in which case Thorongil will switch to the nearest enemy.

Seeing the ship manifest suddenly, Brego charges headfirst into the hall, her razor-sharp teeth tearing into the wood.

Charge, bite.

Attack 1: [roll6], [roll7]

Stats:
Thorongil:
HP: 35/59
AC: 27 (T: 16, FF: 23)
Saves: F+7, R+9, W+4
Maneuvers readied/used: Moment of perfect mind, sapphire nightmare blade, clinging shadow strike, emerald razor, shadow jaunt
Spells prepared/used: Calm animals, lay of the land
Powers (1/2 pp): Force screen, prescience, offensive, mind thrust
Buffs/debuffs:
Blood in the water
Force Screen (1 min)

Brego:
HP: 87/87
AC: 18 (T: 10, FF: 16)
Saves: F+9, R+9, W+4
Buffs/ debuffs:
none

DM_for_once
2011-04-28, 12:41 PM
As the grin quickly dominates his face Haze places his foot on the edge of the ship's rail. Oh well, looks like we get some fun after all! he grunts as he heaves himself over the edge, his powerful wings snapping out and easily carrying him the short distance to the enemy ship. Landing just on the edge of the deck next to one of the enemy crew. Folding his impressive wingspan back around his shoulders to better protect them he reaches out to the enemy next to him, his hand glowing with dark energy, and lightly taps the man.

Fly from D11 to D17, and [roll0] Enemy five. If hit it does [roll1] Negative Energy plus [roll2] Untyped damage.

OR
If that enemy is already dead before I get there I will instead ready an action to take a 5' step and attack "Ray Man" if he begins to speak, gesture, or do anything else I may interpret as an attempt to spellcast.
Stats:

HP: 54/54
Power Points: 10/10
Spell Like Abilities:
Detect Magic At Will.
Adrenaline Boost(CPs 78)
Burst
Offensive Prescience
Prowess

PollyOliver
2011-04-28, 01:43 PM
Jax surges forward in a blur, bounding up to the rail at full speed and then springing into the air, the ocean sailing by beneath him.

Jump check to cross the gap [roll0]

THEChanger
2011-04-28, 05:02 PM
Rase watched as his companions focused their attacks upon the enemy ship's crew. A cruel smile crossed his face, and scooping up Ochre, Rase dives into the water below. First improving his speed with magic, Rase swam up to the side of the oppsoing ship, and used Ochre's suckers to get a handhold on the hull. Specifically, Ochre's head. Muttering a quick thanks, Rase prepared to launch another blast into the side of the ship, this time at a much more inconvient depth.

Alright. Here goes.
Starting off at F11, Rase grabs his familiar, and dives into the water. Casting Expeditious Retreat, boosting my base land speed up to 60 ft. Since Aquatic Adaption states that my swim speed is equal to my base land speed, my swim speed is also now 60 ft, so I should be able to keep up with the enemy ship pretty well now. By the way, do you know how hard it is to come up with synonyms for enemy? Bloody hard, that's how.
Anyway, Ochre latches onto the hull with his suckers. I don't know how hard that is. So, I'll roll a grapple check for him, just in case.
Grapple - [roll0]
And, next turn, I'll be blasting a hole in the side of the ship. Unless, of course, the ship is moving faster than 60 ft a round, and Orche can't hold onto the side of the ship. Bloody useless octopus...
Really bloody useless octopus. I mean, a 5? Can't you roll higher?

mrcarter11
2011-04-29, 03:18 PM
Reflex 1 [roll0]

Seeing two of their allies seem to encourage anger within the group. As they fight, they begin to chant "Sea Hunters! Sea Hunters!" Jax's landing seems to startle some foes, they hadn't expected to fight a beast, they expected to fight a man. Their entire ship shook from Brego's charge.

The Sea Hunters seemed in luck, two of their enemies had come to them, and one had dove into the ocean to swim for his life. The archers decide to risk death and release another full volley, this time targeting Jax. One from near the back makes a charge at Haze, while another seems to be the apprentice of the mage, as he blasts forth a similar burst of power also aimed at Haze. As if to make matters more complicated, a large brooding giant of a man, at least 8 feet tall emerges from below deck. A chain coats his hands, leaving no doubt to it's use as his personal weapon.

Jax

Volley 1
Attack 1 [roll1] Damage [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3] Damage [roll4]

Volley 2
Attack 1 [roll5] Damage [roll6]
Attack 2 [roll7] Damage [roll8]

Haze

Attack [roll9] Touch AC Damage [roll10]

esorscher
2011-04-29, 03:48 PM
The offending ray-thrower dead, Thorongil turns his aim on the other ranged threats, the two archers. He fires another volley from his bow.

Full attack, rapid shot, beginning with Archer 2 and targeting Archer 1 if 2 falls. If both 1 and 2 fall, target the chain-wielder.

Stats:
Thorongil:
Maneuvers readied/used: Moment of perfect mind, sapphire nightmare blade, clinging shadow strike, emerald razor, shadow jaunt
Buffs/debuffs:
Blood in the water
Force Screen (1 min)

Brego:
Buffs/ debuffs:
none

Hat-Trick
2011-04-29, 04:17 PM
Ferrer takes up a lax demeanor, placing a hand in his pocket and gesturing at one of the archers to summon another bolt of energy to crash down upon the poor fool. He asks Thorongil loudly Did we have a prisoner policy, yet? Or should I not worry and keep frying them?

[roll0] Reflex DC 18 for half.

esorscher
2011-04-29, 04:26 PM
"The thought never crossed my mind," Thorongil says cooly. "I've no preference either way."

Brego slams his head into the hull once more, now purposefully trying to shake the ship.

Bull Rush: [roll0]

PollyOliver
2011-04-29, 04:45 PM
Jax clears the gap, barely, only to take a face full of arrows for his trouble. Snarling curses mixed with growls, he tenses himself to attack--

And is distracted, as he always is. Water rushes past the port side of the ship, surging and foaming and spraying, and something in his mind follows it back, where whirlpools swirl off the ship's wake like tiny maelstroms.

His mind follows them down into the depths, and then he is racing forward, bounding, curling inward in a tight spiral like a maelstrom himself, fanged mouth open in a roar that is almost more the sound of waves than of a great cat. Water crashes behind him, sweeping inward toward the center of the whirlpool and soaking the archers, threatening to pull them to the deck.

Using whirlpool sink. Moving twice my speed (80 ft.), first in a circle around the two archers and then to D19, which I should reach with 10 ft. to spare if I've alternated my diagonals correctly. They take [roll0] and [roll1] damage respectively, no save, with a DC 18 balance check to remain standing; otherwise they fall prone.

Edit: forgot discipline focus; +4 damage to each

Alternate: if one archer is killed by the people before me, I pounce on the other and attempt to initiate a grapple.

[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

If the archer is human or an aquatic humanoid, he takes +4 or +2 damage on each damage roll, respectively from favored enemy.

Edit: forgot my rake attacks; rolls are in the OOC thread
Edit again: favored enemy is +4 and +2, not +4 for both; fixed it above as well

Alternate 2: If both archers are already killed by the two people who went before me, I move to E23 and use devastating throw on enemy 2.

[roll10]
[roll11]

If I win, he goes 10 feet toward the rail. Each 5 I win by is another 5 feet; I throw him overboard if I have the distance. Either way, he also takes [roll12] damage if I win.

THEChanger
2011-04-29, 07:33 PM
Noting the shark bashing himself against the side of the ship, Rase gave a wave with his charging hand. Rase quite liked sharks. Beasts of the storm, they were, full of power and rage. Turning his attention back to the issue at hand, Rase released the full brunt of his power into the side of the ship. Hopefully, he would punch a hole large enough for him to swim into.

Launching another Sky's Rage at the side of the ship. This one will be beneath the waves, which is going to rather inconvience them.
I don't think an attack roll is necessary at this point, but I'll roll one just in case.
[roll0]
And now damage.
[roll1]
And, assuming a hole is blown in the side, Rase will enter the ship, to start disabling crew memebers and surprise these Hunters from beneath! Haha!
Oh, and Ochre's coming along for the fun.

DM_for_once
2011-04-30, 11:47 AM
Haze barely seems to notice the magical attack on him, his attention riveted to the newcomer. His hand flits beneath his wing for a moment, and when it comes up next he's holding a large morningstar. Hey, big guy! Over here! he yells, flexing his arms and stretching his wings out. The smell of burnt adrenaline fills the air as Haze lets out a roar of challenge.

Casting Demoralize (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/demoralize.htm), spending 9 PP to make the area a 50' radius. Every enemy within 50 feet of me needs to make a DC 19 Will save or be shaken (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#shaken) for 7 mins (or 70 rounds, if you prefer.)

mrcarter11
2011-05-01, 04:54 PM
The combined assault for Jax, Ferrer, and Thorongil leaves both archers dead while Haze's power seems to take effect with the rest of the crew. The work of Raze and Brego is felt as the ship lurches to the hard left, forcing all to struggle to maintain balance. The enemy crew seems far from be willing to lay down and die however. The apprentice launches another blast of energy, this time at Jax. Meanwhile a gnome, at the back of the boat starts barking orders out.

"Coppermouth, I want you to rend these fools, this instant. Booma, go see what's going on below deck. Move Hunters"

The gnome releases a large gout of gas from his sleeves, the gas reaches out to hit both Jax and Haze, meanwhile, the dwarf who had been towards the back, charges directly at Haze, rage in his eyes.

Jax
[roll0] Touch AC Damage [roll1]
I also need a fort save

Haze
Attack [roll2] Damage [roll3] x2 And also [roll4]
I need a fort save as well.

The large hulking monster with the chain, descends back below deck, where Rase is.

esorscher
2011-05-03, 11:02 AM
With his direct line of sight on the gnome barking orders, Thorongil aims his arrows to silence the shrill voice, with the potent clouds of gas billowing from its owner's sleeves. Brego swims around menacingly in the water. (Is the enemy ship taking on water?)

Full attack, rapid shot against the gnome.

Stats:
Thorongil:
Buffs/debuffs:
Blood in the water
Force Screen (1 min)

Brego:
Buffs/ debuffs:
none

PollyOliver
2011-05-03, 03:30 PM
Jax coughs and splutters in the cloud of toxic smoke, roaring in frustration and digging his claws into the rough wood of the deck for traction. He springs forward again, dodging through the masts, cutting through the air and leaving a roaring wake of water behind him, and lands on the mage apprentice, claws slashing.

Using wake of the shark. Pouncing on the apprentice. The wake hits the gnome, dealing [roll0] damage, reflex 18 for half and will 18 or 2 CON damage. I don't know if the gnome is holding a weapon or not; if Jax can tell that he is, he'll cast lightfoot first as a swift actin (verbal component only, which I can do with shifter's speech); otherwise just the charge.

Apprentice
[roll1] [roll2]
[roll3] [roll4]
[roll5] [roll6]
[roll7] [roll8]
[roll9] [roll10]
[roll11] [roll12]

[roll13]
[roll14]

Jax Allardine (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293748)
Male Unarmed swordsage 7 // Wild shape ranger 5 / Master of many forms 2, Level 7, Init +4, HP 17/42, Speed 40
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 16, Fort +11, Ref +10, Will +10, Base Attack Bonus 6
Claw x2 +12 (temp +9) (1d8+6 (temp +3), )
Bite +6 (temp +1) (2d6+3 (temp +1), )
Unarmed strike +12/+6 (temp +9/+3) (1d8+6 (temp +3), )
(+2 Dex, -1 Size, +3 Natural, +4 Misc)
Abilities Str 17, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 7
Condition None

DM_for_once
2011-05-05, 11:51 AM
Haze, annoyed that the other Goliath simply ignored his challenge, made a move to go after him; then suddenly he felt weak, and there was a little man in front of him. Out of sight out of mind, as they say, and so Haze decides that since this new target was kind enough to come all the way over here, he might as well give him a bit of attention. His morningstar crackling with black energy, Haze takes it in a two handed grip and swings it at the Dwarf.

[roll0] and if it hits that's [roll1] Bludgeoning and Piercing damage as well as [roll2] Untyped damage.

Stats:

HP: 44/54
Power Points: 1/10
Spell Like Abilities:
Detect Magic At Will.
Adrenaline Boost(CPs 78)
Burst
Offensive Prescience
Prowess

Hat-Trick
2011-05-05, 01:21 PM
Ferrer Moves back to the railing and takes a moment to make note of the other ship's crew, mostly dead. The Gnome engaged with Haze, a Dwarf, and a goliath below deck, he shrugs and sends a blast of lightning at the dwarf.

[roll0] Lightning damage, 18 reflex DC for half.

mrcarter11
2011-05-08, 06:16 AM
Ref [roll0]
Will [roll1]

Ref [roll2]

The gnome is hit by the wake of water and a single arrow, meanwhile the dwarf is nicked by the lightning. The gnome turns and sprays another mist of gas at Jax, while the dwarf takes another swing at Haze.

Jax another save please.

Haze
Attack [roll3] Touch AC Damage [roll4] Doubled. And [roll5]

[/spoiler]

THEChanger
2011-05-08, 05:04 PM
Rase smiled as he shloshed through the water entering the ship's hold. Unless someone found what he had accomplished, the enemy ship would soon sink. That'll teach them to mess with Rase Av Djevelen's ship. Rase proceeds towards the stairs that would hopefully take him back up to deck level, where he could surprise a few dastardly scallywags. Ochre clung tight to his back, wondering why in the Nine Hells he agreed to be this lunatic's familiar.
Moving full to stairs that go up, as I assume I can see those. Readied action to blast hostiles with a Sky's Rage as soon as they come into sight. Come and get me, big boy...

esorscher
2011-05-09, 11:01 AM
Thorongil fires another three arrows at the gnome while Brego swims around.

Attack 3: [roll4] (+5, so 24), [roll5]

Crit confirmation: [roll6], [roll7]

Hat-Trick
2011-05-10, 07:25 AM
Bored with the monotony of the fight, Ferrer leans on the railing and calls, This is getting old, would you guys surrender to us already? This exclamation is accompanied by yet another lightning bolt at the dwarf.

[roll0] 18DC Reflex Half

PollyOliver
2011-05-10, 11:06 AM
The tiger licks his his teeth with a long, rough tongue, and then suddenly speaks. Its voice is human, mixed with the low rumble of a growl.

"Indeed," Jax says. "It would be a wise tactic."

He accelerates forward, trying to ignore the pain of his wounds, water pouring off his coat as if he'd been swimming, tinged red with blood. He runs a tight circle around the spellcasting gnome, waves crashing inward behind him, and then retreats behind a sail to regroup.

Using whirlpool sink. (This was originally going to be way cooler, as my plan was to jump the dwarf to include him in the radius without hitting haze, but then I realized you have to stay on a surface to use the maneuver. Alas.) Anyway, running in a circle around the gnome back to my current location, then to H23.

Gnome takes [roll0] damage, no save. DC 18 balance check to stay standing, or fall prone.

Edit: I don't know how much damage the gnome took from Thorongil. If he's not still alive, I'll charge the dwarf instead. It'll be the same attack routine as before, as flanking with Haze would cancel the penalty from the gnome's second spell. I'll roll later if necessary, or you can roll it for me, whichever.

DM_for_once
2011-05-10, 01:35 PM
Grunting in sudden pain Haze starts to look a little worried. That kinda stung, short stuff, he mutters. The crackling energy shifts from his weapon to his hand, as Haze reaches out toward his enemy. Think I need this more than you do, friend, he growls as he lightly taps the Dwarf.

[roll0] If it hits that'll be [roll1] Negative Energy damage (half of which I'm healed by, but I need to know what type, if any, the damage dealt to me by the dwarf was before I can determine how much damage I took and what my HP is right now) and an additional [roll2] Untyped damage.

Stats:

HP: 19/54
Spell Like Abilities:
Detect Magic At Will.
Adrenaline Boost(CPs 78)
Burst
Offensive Prescience
Prowess

Ongoing Conditions:
-6 STR for another 2 rounds.

mrcarter11
2011-05-12, 11:01 AM
Below Deck

Rase hears heavy steps descend down the stairs. He hears the wood creak as something comes down for him. Whatever it is, it comes within 20 feet or so and then stops. A voice is heard, hate filled and snarling.
"I smell you down here. I'm coming for you. I'm gonna rend you arm from bloody arm.

__________________________________________________ _____________
On Deck

Two arrows go wide, while another slices into the gnome's arm. And Jax's whirlpool whips up and around him, however his balance leaves him standing. Seeing Jax run towards the sails. The gnome runs towards Haze, flanking him with his ally from the side. As he nears, he throws up his arms and a course of flame flies out and towards Thorongil. The dwarf takes the lightning and Haze's attack and doesn't seem to stop. The dwarf attacks once more, trying to inflict as much damage as he can.

Thorongil
[roll0] Damage. Reflex vs DC 20 for half.

Haze
Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2] Doubled. Also 2 Con damage.

esorscher
2011-05-12, 11:30 AM
Thorongil smiles as he avoids most of the flames, the gnome bringing himself closer and presenting a better target. Thorongil steadies himself, recovering from his maneuver, and lets fly another three arrows.

This time, with point blank shot (assuming the gnome is within 25')!

[roll0], [roll1]
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

THEChanger
2011-05-12, 02:28 PM
Rase dashed behind the crates he had just passed. Peeking his head just over the top, he lined up the sights for his next attack. Rather than respond with a taunt of his own, Rase called up his own intrinsic magic, rather than that of the storm trapped within him, letting loose a powerful blast of lightning that scorched the air about him. The lightning, empowered further by the will of the storm, shrieked as it hurtled towards its prey.
Casting Lightning Bolt. Caster Level 8, thanks to Storm Spell Power. That's 8d6 of direct electrical damage straight to this hulk. Hope he brought his Ring of Electricity Resistance with him.
Lightning Bolt Damage - [roll0]
Hehehe. If that damage had hit me, I'd be dead. Mr. Big Muscles isn't feeling too good right now, I'd wager.

Hat-Trick
2011-05-13, 09:39 AM
They're ignoring us, Ferrer exclaims irritatedly. He scowls angrily at the Gnome and Dwarf before returning to a more laid back posture, Ah, well their loss. He shrugs a bit as another bolt of lighting strikes the dwarf.

[roll0] Lightning Damage DC18 Reflex for half

PollyOliver
2011-05-13, 09:54 AM
Jax darts out of the sails again and leaps upon the gnome, roaring.

Assuming the gnome is still where he's shown on the map from last turn, I'm pouncing on him.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]
[roll10] [roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

DM_for_once
2011-05-13, 12:16 PM
Feeling a little better, but still a bit concerned as to this Dwarf's ability to hurt him Haze decides to try and pull the little bugger's teeth, so to speak. Hey mate, we're all friends here, remember? Why don't you just put your weapon down and we talk this out like rational adults.

[roll0] (DC is 17) Suggestion, to get the Dwarf to drop his weapon.

Stats:

HP: 19/54
Spell Like Abilities:
Detect Magic At Will.
Suggestion: 2/3
Adrenaline Boost(CPs 78)
Burst
Offensive Prescience
Prowess

Ongoing Conditions:
-6 STR for another round.

mrcarter11
2011-05-15, 04:32 PM
On Deck

The gnome is able to dodge every arrow sent his way with little trouble. However, Jax approaches from a blind side and is able to throw the gnome overboard. The dwarf meanwhile shrugs off the brunt of Ferrir's lightning, and Haze's spell is of little effect. The dwarf turns for only a moment to notice his longtime ally is no longer on board. The anger become more pronounced in the dwarfs eyes as he takes another swing at Haze.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] Doubled and [roll2] All of which is weapon damage. And if it hits, I need a fort save vs DC 15.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Below Deck

Rase's powerful lightning strike slams into the large beast. The thing sways for only a moment, before it lets loose a roar so loud it shakes the ship. It charges at Rase, intent on death.

Rase
Attack [roll3] Damage [roll4]
Attack [roll5] Damage [roll6]

DM_for_once
2011-05-16, 02:09 PM
Having underestimated his diminutive opponent Haze drops to the deck, unconscious.

esorscher
2011-05-16, 07:18 PM
Seeing the gnome and Haze drop, Thorongil switches his target to the dwarf.

The usual, with point-blank.

THEChanger
2011-05-16, 07:59 PM
Rase took the beast's attack in full, feeling his bones crunch and snap in places. As he slowly went under, he could hear a low chuckle in the background. No, no. I must remain in control. I must...
Rase's body slowly picked itself up. But his eyes began to shift and change hue, switching rapidly between pitch black, dark gray, and the bright white of a lightning bolt. A low, raspy voice emerged from Rase's head, though his mouth moved not. Friend, that was a bad mistake you just made. Now I have to kill you outright. A huge wave of electricity blasted out from the new Rase, flowing throug the entire frame of the ship. Using the time he gained, the Storm ran past the thug, trying to get himself up to the deck, where he would have a better chance at dealing with the thing.

Beast Within gains auto-control. Alignment switch to Chaotic Evil, I'm operating for 5 more rounds, before I head back into unconsciousness. Pulling out a Tenebrous Eruption, for the shock factor. 15 foot burst, Reflex Save 16. Success means half damage, no blindness. Failure means full damage, blindness for 7 rounds.
Damage-[roll0]

PollyOliver
2011-05-16, 09:15 PM
Suddenly alone on deck with the dwarf and bleeding from deep wounds, Jax considers his options quickly. He ought to help Haze, but he's barely standing himself. Swearing, he quickly changes his focus, imagining himself light on his feet as a dragon, and makes a running leap back over to the Maelstrom, then flows back into his normal shape, nearly dropping to the deck from exhaustion.

Eek, sorry to DM_for_once if this ends badly, but I'm one angry dwarf hit off death myself. I'll be back soon.

Switching to leaping dragon stance (swift) and then making a jump back to the other ship (move). Jump check [roll0], plus add ten feet to the distance from the stance (also considered to have a running start from the stance). Then going human again (standard).

Hat-Trick
2011-05-17, 12:13 AM
Oy! Haze! Ferrer calls to his downed ally, hoping he wasn't going to lose a friend, no matter how short the friendship, on the first day on a new ship. Damn it... He kicks the railing in anger, punctuated by another shot of lightning at the dwarf.

About this time, Ferrer notices how loud lightning can be at point blank and starts rubbing his ears to get them working again.

[roll0] Lightning 18 Reflex DC for half. I am also assuming that Ferrer and the dwarf are rather close to their respective railings. While the lightning doesn't really have a deafening component, he's not really taking this seriously outside possible ally deaths.

mrcarter11
2011-05-19, 02:39 PM
On Deck

Rase comes running up the stairs and makes it almost to the edge of the ship to jump back. The large giant, Booma comes bounding up the steps as well, his eyes, still on Rase. Coppermouth, the dwarf screams out at him.

"Booma, they killed Capt, don't let em get away wit it"

The large thing diverts it's attention and begins to run towards the archer, just nearing the edge of the ship. The dwarf looks against making the jump due to the armor he's in.

They both ran out of movement.. Your guys round again.

PollyOliver
2011-05-19, 03:06 PM
Jax pales as the giant charges onto deck, but forces the panic from his mind and focuses. He concentrates, using the sound of seawater rushing past the ship to wash his mind clean of the stress of battle, and opens his eyes again, suddenly refreshed. His body twists and shoots airborne as he leaps away from the others.

So, I think I moved to B10 last turn. I'm taking a full round action to reprepare and refresh maneuvers with adaptive style, and then using sudden leap again to move as far away from crazy giant man as possible as a swift action, [roll0] plus 10 feet and running start from leaping dragon stance. If I have enough distance to put a sail between us, I will--otherwise just going as far away as possible.

Hat-Trick
2011-05-19, 05:11 PM
Seeing the enemy set on jumping over to the Maelstrom, Ferrer takes the time to pull back towards the ship's center and brings his katar to bear before summoning his next bolt of lightning at the goliath apparently known as 'Booma'.

[roll0] Lightning 18 Reflex for half damage

esorscher
2011-05-24, 10:33 AM
Thorongil fires three shots at the dwarf, hoping to take out the stocky sailor before he boards the Maelstrom.

Full attack, rapid shot, point blank.

mrcarter11
2011-05-24, 11:24 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

A single arrow pains the dwarf. He moves towards a sail and a lynch rope to swing over to the other ship. Booma however continues running and then attempts his leap over. Easily clearing the gap to the over ship. He lands with a huff before talking stock of the area around him. He sees Thorongil launching arrows at his remaining ally and begins to advance towards him. Closing to 10 feet he stops and begins swaying back and forth as if unsure of his footing.

Back to you guys.. Nothing happening this turn.. Also MAP updated.

esorscher
2011-05-24, 01:46 PM
Thorongil drops his bow, kicking it toward the stern as he draws his sword, a finely-wrought blade that takes him both hands to wield adequately. "Finally," he says with a smile and a flourish. He brings his blade up in a sweeping strike as he closes the distance between himself and the goliath.

Free action to drop bow, Move action to draw sword, 5' step to close distance w/o AoO, standard action to attack.

[roll0], [roll1]

poss crit: [roll2], [roll3]

Hat-Trick
2011-05-24, 06:41 PM
As Booma lands and advances on Thorongil, Ferrer lets out an exaggerated breath towards the Goliath and takes a few shallow steps forward.

Focalor's Breath DC18 Fort or be blinded for one round, also a five-foot step to D7

THEChanger
2011-05-24, 08:13 PM
Rase, clearly heavily damaged by the chain-wielding giant, attempted to leap over to the Maelstrom. Landing upon his ship, Rase let loose another blast of powerful lightning on the chain-wielder. The storm within was very angry. At Rase, for keeping it locked up for so long. At the stupid big man, for damaging his body. At itself, for not being able to hurt the thing more. So, it did its best to remedy that.
Another Lightning Bolt. [roll0]
Oh, and Jump check, to get back to the Maelstrom. Hopefully I made it.
[roll1]
O_O That thar is a Natural 20.

PollyOliver
2011-05-25, 12:06 AM
Jax draws his wand from his belt. He almost uses it on himself, but Rase looks impossibly even worse for the wear. He takes a quick step sideways and aims it at his crewmate.

Drawing wand, 5 ft step to the left, healing Rase [roll0]

mrcarter11
2011-05-27, 05:53 PM
The large giant takes the brunt of everything thrown at him, he is however able to keep his sight. Seeing the swordsman near him, Booma flicks the chain backwards for momentum before sending it forward and into Thorongil.

The dwarf manages to secure himself to the ropes and attempts his swing across. The dwarf losses his grip mid swing and attempts to tumble out of the fall. Landing in a heap on your ship's deck, he lies there, his breathing rapid.

The dwarf is down for the moment, Booma however is angry at the world.

Thorongil
Attack 1 [roll0] Damage [roll1]

esorscher
2011-05-29, 01:47 PM
"Ouch," Thorongil says, "Hey, Jax! Can I get a hit of that?" He steps boldly into position to flank with Ferrer. "And that dwarf may be down, but I'm not sure he's out."

5' step to close the distance, adopting the Stance of Clarity (+2 AC v. Booma, -2 AC v. all others) as a swift action, then attack as standard action. He will also expend his psionic focus to deal an extra 2d6 damage. AC 29 v. Booma, 25 v. Dwarf/ any others.

Attack 1 v. Booma (+2 flank, -2 Power Attack, +4 damage): [roll0], [roll1]+[roll2]

THEChanger
2011-05-29, 08:50 PM
Rase raised both of his hands. Still hurting from his previous encounter with Booma, the storm had to make a decision. Make sure that Booma was as hurt as he could be, or make sure is dwarven companion stayed dead. Snap decisions. Not the storm's forte. Two blasts went from his hands. One towards Booma. The other towards the dwarf. The blast at Booma was significantly stronger.

Sky's Rage at Coppermouth - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Lightning Bolt Damage - [roll2]

Hat-Trick
2011-05-30, 12:25 AM
Ferrer slips closer to the hulking brute and trains his katar for something vital. If lightning doesn't hurt this guy, a blade between the shoulders is worth a shot.

Five foot step into flanking position
[roll0] To hit
[roll1]+[roll2] damage

PollyOliver
2011-05-30, 12:46 AM
Jax burns another charge from his wand on his companion.

Cure light on Rase [roll0]; not sure if he's back into the land of the living yet.

mrcarter11
2011-06-01, 07:00 AM
This last series of attacks was enough to bring down the great giant known as Booma. Rase's effort at attacking Coppermouth misses the mark completely and up raises the dwarf. Seeing Booma fall incites the small man and he lashes out with his weapon of choice, aiming to take of Thorongil's head.

Thorongil
Attack [roll0] Damage [roll1] Doubled.

esorscher
2011-06-01, 11:43 AM
Thorongil looks at the blade sticking out of his chest. "Jax?" he asks, his eyes looking up into the sun, moistening. He collapses to his knees, sword in hand, bleeding out onto the deck.

PollyOliver
2011-06-01, 06:49 PM
As Thorongil falls, Jax swears and starts muttering the words of a spell under his breath. Suddenly much quicker, he darts past the chain-wielding giant and uses his wand on Thorongil. hoping the giant chooses to attack someone more threatening than him.

Casting lightfoot so I don't provoke and then running past Booma to Thorongil, ending as far away from him as I can while still being next to Thorongil. Then casting cure light wounds [roll0]

Hat-Trick
2011-06-01, 11:16 PM
As Thorongil falls to the deck, Ferrer lets out a pained and grieving cry, shrill and loud in everyone's ears. As the cry dies down, Ferrer's tear stained face turns to the dwarf and he moves into position to attack.

Activating Aura of Sadness with a standard action, -2 to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks to all adjacent and moving adjacent to the dwarf while staying away from allies if possible.

THEChanger
2011-06-04, 02:45 PM
Rase began to waver where he stood. The storm knew it only had a short amount of time before he lost control, and the body was thrown back into the darkness. As the cold tendrils of unconsciousness gripped the storm once more, it let loose a last blast of its own screaming rage at the dwarf, and Rase fell to the ship's deck.

At -1 HP. Beast Within ceases to be active. Alignment back to CG, but I'm unconscious/stabalized.
Before I go, here Coppermouth. Have a Sonic Blast.
Sonic Damage - [roll0]
DC 14 prevents [roll1] rounds of deafness.

mrcarter11
2011-06-05, 05:45 PM
As Rase's sonic attack hits the prone dwarf, he howls in pain at the attack. Then all is quiet on deck. Coppermouth and Booma both lay dead, while their ship is nearly sunk.

PollyOliver
2011-06-05, 05:52 PM
With the dwarf down, Jax quickly changes shape into something stronger than himself so he can leap back over, dropping his wand and pack first and then picking them up again as he takes the shape of a dire ape. With Thorongil stable, and at least on the right ship, he makes a running jump over to the other side again and uses his wand to heal Haze and Rase.

"What now?" he asks when they are up. "Should we search their ship, while it's still floating?"

Jump [roll0] to the other side, +10 ft from stance. Then cure light wounds [roll1] on Haze. If he doesn't wake, [roll2] again. If he does, moving onto Rase until he does. Actually, just use these in order until everyone from our ship who is on the enemy ship is awake:

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Then quickly searching the bodies on their ship, plus their deck, for anything useful. [roll7]

Also, how long do the various unfortunate effects on me last (or, which ones are quasi-permanent and need to heal normally)?

esorscher
2011-06-05, 06:16 PM
Assuming Jax doesn't leave Thorongil unconscious on the ship, (another CLW should do it), Thorongil will answer, "Yes, let's," before mounting his trusty shark Brego to search the watery underbelly of the ship.

Hat-Trick
2011-06-06, 10:14 AM
Ferrer seems to calm down instantly, his tear stained face one casual wipe clean and his hands busy again with the small wooden figure from before. "Well that was exciting," He says casually, though loud enough to carry to the others not on the Maelstrom.

DM_for_once
2011-06-07, 11:52 AM
Haze awakens to see Jax leaning over him with a wand. After a moment he realizes that he's been asked a question. It might be safer if we wait for the ship to finish sinking and then those of us who can search it from underwater. A sinking ship can be very dangerous, even to other ships near it, let alone to those on it, he says, dragging himself to his feet. And thank you, he mutters into his chest, not looking at Jax, as he takes a standing leap and glides back over to their own ship. Speaking to no one in particular, but loud enough for everyone to hear he says We might want to get a bit of distance between us and the other ship, just in case. Wouldn't to get sucked down after all that. Then he leans against the railing, eyes closed, head down with his arms crossed over his chest and his shoulders hunched up, his wings hanging limply at his sides.

esorscher
2011-06-07, 11:55 AM
Thorongil, back on board, agrees with Haze.

PollyOliver
2011-06-07, 12:08 PM
Jax joins the others back on their ship to wait for the pirates' vessel to go down.

"How injured is everyone?" he asks. "I can do some more healing, but to fully restore everyone would probably take most of what this has got left," he says, holding out the wand. "We may want to try and find a more permanent solution if we ever sight land."

He frowns to himself. Didn't think that one all the way through, did you, Jax?

mrcarter11
2011-06-07, 12:29 PM
Getting everyone aboard and at least awake takes sometime, and by the time everyone is awake, the Sea Hunter's vessel has sank below the waves. With the maps as a guide, Jax is able to find navigate to a nearby harbor town. The town is nearly the last harbor before getting to the small islands of Lythia. Any supplies to last the few weeks travel to Lythia would be made here.

Figure I'll leave you guys here for now.. You can go to a tavern, or go find some supplies you want.. Merchants adorn the town.. The last encounter got you each 350 gold.. So.. Up to you guys.. Also if anyone has any solo mods or activities they wish to do, such as thievery, street fights, selling anything let me know and we shall get it set up for you

PollyOliver
2011-06-11, 10:21 AM
Jax guides the Maelstrom carefully into port, and then carefully sets about mooring her, making sure all the ropes are secure.

"Last stop before Lythia," he says, flashing another of his cocksure grins. He wonders if he'd be recognizable if they ran afoul of the navy. He almost touches the signet ring around his neck, but stops himself.

They ought to get the cargo unloaded, to sell what's left of it. It won't bring much, but maybe enough to help with another healing wand? He starts to say it, but falters. He's never been much of a leader; that was his brother's job. He looks around at the other members of the crew.

"The cargo?" he asks, hoping someone will follow his train of thought. "And then maybe a shop?"

Hat-Trick
2011-06-12, 08:55 PM
"Sounds good," Ferrer comments. "Help me unload, there, Haze? See what we can get for our haul." Wasn't much he'd want to do in town, but he might stop by the smithy and observe if they don't mind. he'd be getting a lot of wood working experience on the ship, but his smithing wouldn't fare so well. By this point the small figure he was whittling has taken a definite form of a petite female in long skirts, though much more detail would have to wait.

DM_for_once
2011-06-13, 05:11 PM
On your heals, Haze replies, heading for the storage area. Having no real plans of his own and still contemplating what went wrong in the last fight Haze is content to fetch and carry, following ferrer.

PollyOliver
2011-06-13, 05:45 PM
Jax lets Cinder hop up onto his shoulder and then goes to help the others unload the cargo, happy not to be making suggestions anymore even if that does mean trying to carry things.

mrcarter11
2011-06-14, 02:06 AM
Taking stock of the cargo hold, you find little to trade that wasn't taken from the other ship. Among the crates taken are mostly melee weapons and armor. Finding a single crate of gold pieces helps fill everyone's pockets however. Things that would be needed soon include more rations and ale. The ship itself is luckily still in good condition after the last fight.

PollyOliver
2011-06-17, 11:56 PM
Jax shakes his head at the poor quality of the cargo, pockets his share of gold, and turns to the others.

"So shall we?" he asks, pointing through the hull into the general direction of town.

esorscher
2011-06-21, 12:18 AM
"Let's," Thorongil says, thinking about how to maximize the efficiency of his gold, which he intends to spend on healing aids.

mrcarter11
2011-06-21, 02:01 AM
Within the first area of the city after leaving the harbor, you find two shops with magical wares. The first seems to stock more of the scroll and wand type items, while the second stocks magical items. Further into the city you find the local tavern, a cheery place to find any type of job at. The weaponsmith's shop rests near the tavern. A few other smaller shops, selling more exotic things are noticed as you walk from the harbor into town.

Hat-Trick
2011-06-21, 10:02 AM
On his way to the smithy, Ferrer dawdles around the more unique shops for a while, glancing at the wares before continuing to on. If he found anything of any true interest, he'd consider making a purchase, but for the most part he was content on just looking.

In the smithy, however, he would actually want to do some work, if the smith didn't mind.

PollyOliver
2011-06-21, 10:35 PM
Jax wanders through the shops with Ferrer, but keeps looking when the other man goes to the forge. He keeps an eye out for anything that would be useful for healing or resupplying--or anything else that looks particularly interesting.

esorscher
2011-06-22, 12:23 AM
Thorongil goes to the magic items shop. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a trick coin."

A silver coin with tiny runes along the edge.
If its owner calls ‘Heads’ or ‘Tails’ while it is
in the air, it lands on the corresponding side.
If anyone else calls ‘Heads’ or ‘Tails’, it
lands on the opposite side.
A creature most have the Trick Coin on
his/her person for 24 hours to become the
owner.

CL 3, Mage Hand, 350 GP

mrcarter11
2011-06-22, 05:37 AM
The shop keeper glances around the shop before walking over to a case ot items. Coins of all different types and sizes are seen within. A small silver coin grooved around the edges, is the one the shopkeeper pulls from the case. "This beaut right here is 350 gold. But you know, last week I had some ruffians steal something personal from me. If you were to get it back, I'd say the cost could be 100 gold."

esorscher
2011-06-23, 04:42 AM
"I'm interested. Tell me more."

mrcarter11
2011-06-24, 09:11 AM
"About a week ago, some local toughs robbed me. The leader of the hoodlums, is the son of the local law. Thus I can't seek punishment through the correct means. If you however could convince the boy to give back what he and his friends took, I'd be quite thankful.

esorscher
2011-06-27, 10:35 AM
"What did they take?"

mrcarter11
2011-06-29, 01:09 AM
"They stole a few cheap magic items. An Unseen Ring, a Cloak of Effect, and perhaps most expensive a Decoy Coin. What made it bad, was the 200 some gold they got away with as well.. If you'd be so kind to return it all to me?"

esorscher
2011-07-02, 09:43 AM
"I'll do what I can. You know who they are, do you know where they are as well? And where can I find this tough's father, who I would assume is sheriff?"

(Sorry if my posting is sporadic at best, but I am traveling abroad and my schedule is very hectic.)

mrcarter11
2011-07-06, 03:19 AM
"The little toughs hang out at a local haunt named the Beleany House. If you go in there, I'd be ready for a fight though, they say the ghosts that haunt it, are quite vengeful. All five of em like to hang out there from what I've heard. As for the one's father, you can find the father at the local guard barracks. He's the captain of the guard in this city, name's Reys. I wouldn't advise talking much to him, he tends to get very, very over protective of his only son.

esorscher
2011-07-11, 10:36 AM
"How did Reys get his position, and how could someone replace him? Also, if you're asking us to take on ghosts as well as these street toughs, you're going to have to up your end of the bargain."

mrcarter11
2011-07-11, 10:42 AM
Well, I'll be honest, I'm not sure about the ghosts or not. I've never been there. It is what I've heard though. And if the house is more dangerous than I think it is. I shall of course be willing to give a little extra. I just want the ring and what they stole back. As for Reys, he was raised here. Grew up as a local tough, and then one day, he was talking about becoming a member of the guard. He managed to get through training and now he's become captain. He's not exactly a nice guy, but he hasn't done anything wrong to obtain his place. And to replace him, you'd need to get rid of him and then a lieutenant would replace him.

esorscher
2011-07-11, 10:54 AM
Thorongil nods. "I'll look into it. Who are the lieutenants in the guard?"

mrcarter11
2011-07-11, 11:08 AM
The old man scratches his head for a few moments before shrugging his shoulders.
"I really don't remember who they are. I don't recall meeting them often. I'm sorry.

He looks at you with a look of helplessness.

esorscher
2011-07-12, 05:58 AM
Thorongil nods. "Alright, then. I'll return with your goods, fate willing."

Thorongil departs, heading for the tavern, the usual source of information. Once he arrives, he will inquire to the crowd, individually of course, about the guards and their structure, seeking to know who the lieutenants are, and in particular, if any are overly ambitious. He will also ask about the street toughs, and if any of the party are more adept at eliciting information than he, he will defer to their expertise, after informing them of these wider aims.

Gather Information: [roll0]

esorscher
2011-07-13, 05:25 AM
If none of the other party members are able to get more information about the street toughs, Thorongil will head off in search of Ace, who seems more likely to be able to supplant Reys as leader of the town guard.

mrcarter11
2011-07-13, 02:13 PM
Ace is hardly hard to find. You here people speak of a tavern he frequents and so the group heads there. Once inside a man matching Ace's description is found sitting at the bar, his sword next to him.

esorscher
2011-07-14, 12:32 AM
Thorongil looks to see what Ace is drinking as he sits down next to him. "Barkeep," he says, pointing at the glass in front of the lieutenant, "I'll have what he's having." Once the liquor is placed in front of him, Thorongil takes a hearty and healthy sip. "Nothing like it, am I right?" he says, inviting conversation with the warrior.

mrcarter11
2011-07-14, 05:11 AM
Ace seems to look at the newcomer without a care.

"I'm guessing your new around here. See, I come here everyday, and I'm the only person to ever drink this stuff. It's called Dragon's Blood. Great stuff in my mind.. Is there something I can help you with?

esorscher
2011-07-14, 10:39 AM
"Straight to business," Thorongil says, "A man after my own heart. Indeed, there is a mutually beneficial arrangement I have in mind. What are your feelings on the captain, Reys?"

mrcarter11
2011-07-14, 02:08 PM
Ace looks to you and then back to the group that followed you. He downs the rest of his drink and orders another one.
"He's an alright kinda guy. I wouldn't advise any smart man to pick a fight with ol Reys. He's a dangerous one. He's a good enough man none the less. Why?

esorscher
2011-07-15, 04:02 AM
"Seems to me, a man in your position might be interested in his."

mrcarter11
2011-07-15, 01:15 PM
"Eh I may just be. It'd never happen though. Got the whole guard barracks to deal with. And they trust him a good deal more then I. "

esorscher
2011-07-15, 01:50 PM
"But if something were to happen to Reys, and to Resk, would they have any choice but to accept your leadership?" Thorongil says with a curious expression.

mrcarter11
2011-07-15, 10:41 PM
"If both of them went down, then order should fall to me yes. Now, the question of whether some young gun wouldn't try to seize it is another thing. If both of em died though, I could likely hold power. So are we just talking, or is this something we're thinking about?"

esorscher
2011-07-15, 11:48 PM
"Something I'm thinking about, if you'll help me with a little problem. Seems Reys's son is much like his father was in his youth, a careless thug with a disregard for law and order. As long as Reys is in charge, local law enforcement has its hands tied. You see where I'm going?"

mrcarter11
2011-07-20, 03:12 PM
"You wanna take em all down. Reys and his personal group.. That's a big order for us two guys, even if your as good as you think you are.

esorscher
2011-07-24, 02:52 AM
"How many are there? And I'm not alone."

mrcarter11
2011-07-31, 10:36 PM
"8 guys total. Each as big and stupid as the next. Still I wouldn't want to try that fight unless I had quite the group helping out. Those guys may lack thoughts, but they certainly don't lack strength.