PDA

View Full Version : looking for teleport spell

Valdor
2011-04-23, 08:42 AM
So, i have been looking for a spell(if it even exist) that as a swift action will allow me and only me to jump around like Dimension Door. I am not that concerned with range as i am honestly looking for something that is more then 10ft range though the max does not matter that much. Around 30ft should be good. I know of Abrupt Jaunt, the wizard ACF and i know the Dimension Jumper; greater. I need the swift action casting time so it counts the spell out and i need more then 10ft so i don't want the ACF.... also kinda want it to be lower level. Hoping for 2nd-4th for my idea.

So how about it playground, does any spell like this exist? If it does not exist, what level spell would it be so i may craft it up in my game.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

***Edit*** I forgot to mention that this character is for a solo campaign if that makes a difference.

Cog
2011-04-23, 08:52 AM
Knight's Move is the only one I found in a search here (http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/FindSpell.php).

Jack_Simth
2011-04-23, 08:52 AM
Knights Move (Spell Compendium), is very close to what you want.

There's also a manuever for it in the Tome of Battle. Shadow hand, don't recall the name off hand. Relatively high-level, though. Shadow Blink, I think?

Ninjapanda
2011-04-23, 08:54 AM
Dimension Jumper and Greater Dimension Jumper. Complete Mage page 102 perhaps?

Valdor
2011-04-23, 09:02 AM
Knights move could work if i had an ally but i am building this character for a solo game, so having to rely on another is not something i want to do.

I took a look at both dimensional jumper and the greater version of it. The original spell i dont want due to having to spend a move action to be able to jump and the greater version is way too high of level for what i need.

Cog
2011-04-23, 09:06 AM
Well, yeah. Swift action, low level, and range is probably too much to be expecting.

If you can get access to Turn Undead uses, there's always Travel Devotion?

Valdor
2011-04-23, 09:29 AM
@Cog- I don't know know what travel devotion is. Must not be in any of the books we have and the DM does not allow pdf's to be used so for the most part i will assume that is out. I was pretty sure no spell liked that existed but i had hopes.

So then how about the other question. If i could research and craft such a spell in game what level would it be? Range of personal, duration of instantaneous, swift action casting time and let us say a distance of only 30ft. Any thoughts on that?

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-23, 09:35 AM
Travel Devotion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20070504a&page=2) You'll want to get turn undead so you can use it more than once a day.

{Scrubbed}

Cog
2011-04-23, 09:41 AM
Travel Devotion is a feat. Activates as a swift action 1/day (more with TU uses), and for a minute thereafter you can take a move as a swift action. It's movement rather than true teleportation, though.

Those numbers compare to the Dimension Hop psionic power used at a cost of 5... so, equivalent to a 3rd level spell. It's considered a relatively strong power, though.