PDA

View Full Version : Endetected Wounding?

DLoFunk
2011-04-23, 11:07 AM
Is there a feat or class ability anywhere that basically allows a character to make a sneaky sort of attack that the defending character/creature has a chance of not noticing? Like an expertly placed slice with an insanely sharp blade so the victim doesn't immediately notice that they're bleeding out?

Nich_Critic
2011-04-23, 11:12 AM
There's a skill trick in complete scoundrel (mosquito bite, or something) that does almost exactly what you want. It doesn't cause a bleeding wound, just makes a hit look like a miss. Arguably, though, if you cause a bleeding wound with that skill trick, the enemy shouldn't notice the bleed either. It's actually hard to determine how it's supposed to work (Ok, so they don't notice the damage. So, are they expected to act like the damage isn't there, until they pass out (early)? I know how I would handle it with NPCs (as a DM), but I don't know how I would present it to a player). Ask your Dm today!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-04-23, 12:20 PM
There's a feat called Delay Spell.....

Necroticplague
2011-04-23, 12:35 PM
And Delay Power.....

The Dark Fiddler
2011-04-23, 01:48 PM
There's a skill trick in complete scoundrel (mosquito bite, or something) that does almost exactly what you want. It doesn't cause a bleeding wound, just makes a hit look like a miss. Arguably, though, if you cause a bleeding wound with that skill trick, the enemy shouldn't notice the bleed either. It's actually hard to determine how it's supposed to work (Ok, so they don't notice the damage. So, are they expected to act like the damage isn't there, until they pass out (early)? I know how I would handle it with NPCs (as a DM), but I don't know how I would present it to a player). Ask your Dm today!

I have a habit of asking players how much HP they have left every time they get hit; something like that might make it fairly easy to keep the damage hidden from them, but still have it count (What, you have 2 HP left? Oh, now you're at -5 because that one attack was actually mosquito bite).

DLoFunk
2011-04-23, 02:37 PM

Perfect! Thanks.

I actually need it for a NPC spy in the game I'm running.

Necroticplague
2011-04-23, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately, it's once per encounter.