PDA

View Full Version : [HackMaster 4th Edition] Let the Hacking Commence!

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-23, 03:17 PM
Things were going crazy in the world of Aquarius. Raiders, thieves, murderers, and unexplained spacial distortions. Given the world's state, there would be a high demand for mercenaries. You are amongst the many that have answered the call. Your team has booked a train to the country of Cygnus in Sector H, Sub-Sector 8.

A loud screech awakens you from your sleep. Your eyes flutter open, and before you are orcs! What do you do?

bloodymage
2011-04-23, 03:50 PM
"Here goes, friends. Prepare yourselves for a ravaged Filloria."

The necromancer casts corpse visage.

Greylond
2011-04-23, 08:29 PM
Jake jerks awake quickly, he takes just a moment to orient himself to where he is

<<flashback: several days ago to when he was last awakened in the middle of the night. Tony had called(see post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10846175&postcount=12). Jake had slowly wrenched himself off of his office couch, rubbed his bleary eyes and made a call, "Yea, Ralphy, I'll take the job. Send over 100gps over to Big Tony's place and I'll repay you out of my fee when I get back." >>

waking up quickly and getting ready for trouble Jake thinks to himself, "Maybe I should have taken that divorce case after all..."

Jake slides out of bed, puts his back to a wall, draws his pistol and points it at the Orcs and saying, "I recommend that you should rethink your plans for this compartment there boyos..."

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-23, 09:45 PM
Jake jerks awake quickly, he takes just a moment to orient himself to where he is

<<flashback: several days ago to when he was last awakened in the middle of the night. Tony had called(see post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10846175&postcount=12). Jake had slowly wrenched himself off of his office couch, rubbed his bleary eyes and made a call, "Yea, Ralphy, I'll take the job. Send over 100gps over to Big Tony's place and I'll repay you out of my fee when I get back." >>

waking up quickly and getting ready for trouble Jake thinks to himself, "Maybe I should have taken that divorce case after all..."

Jake slides out of bed, puts his back to a wall, draws his pistol and points it at the Orcs and saying, "I recommend that you should rethink your plans for this compartment there boyos..."

You have successfully intimidated the orcs with an awesome one-liner. You get +1 to hit the orcs due to sheer awesomeness.

Greylond
2011-04-23, 09:57 PM
With his heater pointed at the center of the lead Orc's torso, Jake smoothly burns powder sending hot lead his way.
(Firing Handgun at lead Orc, +3 Dex Missile Attack; +1 from intimidation)

[roll0]

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-23, 10:11 PM
With his heater pointed at the center of the lead Orc's torso, Jake smoothly burns powder sending hot lead his way.
(Firing Handgun at lead Orc, +3 Dex Missile Attack; +1 from intimidation)

[roll0]

You easily hit the orc. Roll 1d8 for damage (roll again if the result is 8 and that the second result to that 8).

Greylond
2011-04-23, 10:26 PM
The slug drills into the Orc

[roll0]

bloodymage
2011-04-24, 12:08 AM
OOC: Dunno, if you're familiar w/ my spell, but those buggers should probably be running in fear! And I saw where you posted that you would be handing out supplies, but never saw any listing. She doesn't use normal weapons anyway, but the "heater" took me a bit by surprise, though I'll admit it shouldn't have.

Sorry, but I'm constantly in catch-up mode.

Greylond
2011-04-24, 12:17 AM
Bloody, this game world is a "Modern/Fantasy" world. Modern Tech stuff mixed with HM standard magic and fantasy races.

Nihilistic_One, if you need a copy of that spell Bloody is using, plz let me know...

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-24, 02:35 AM
OOC: Dunno, if you're familiar w/ my spell, but those buggers should probably be running in fear! And I saw where you posted that you would be handing out supplies, but never saw any listing. She doesn't use normal weapons anyway, but the "heater" took me a bit by surprise, though I'll admit it shouldn't have.

Sorry, but I'm constantly in catch-up mode.

Let's assume you're still casting the spell, for all actions in a round occur at the same time.

Thane of Fife
2011-04-24, 07:42 AM
Jasira leans up slightly to figure out what's going on. Her eyes widen as she sees the invaders, and she sputters "Huh.. whuh... what's going on?"

She sits stupidly for a moment, before Jake's gunshot startles her from her confusion. She scrambles for her own gun before remembering, vaguely, that it's in her pack. Her fingers close upon her staff instead....

firemagehao
2011-04-24, 03:42 PM
Ulthar wakes, perfectly alert, drawing his sword immediately. He then looks for a way to get behind the attackers so that they would not see him coming.

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-24, 04:20 PM
Ulthar wakes, perfectly alert, drawing his sword immediately. He then looks for a way to get behind the attackers so that they would not see him coming.

You see a small compartment behind the orc in the back. Roll a DEX check to see if you can roll into it without the orcs noticing.

ShadowySilence
2011-04-24, 06:15 PM
Alan pretended to continue sleeping with his eyes mostly hidden under his headband, after seeing that the orcs were indeed a threat he took aim at the orc to the right of (from his point of view) the one Jake shot and pulled the trigger on his handgun.

Tell me if I am doing this correctly, I don't believe I have any modifiers for handgun:

[roll0]

OOC: P.S. How do my talents/skills play into fighting and such from the recruitment page?

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-24, 07:09 PM
Alan pretended to continue sleeping with his eyes mostly hidden under his headband, after seeing that the orcs were indeed a threat he took aim at the orc to the right of (from his point of view) the one Jake shot and pulled the trigger on his handgun.

Tell me if I am doing this correctly, I don't believe I have any modifiers for handgun:

[roll0]

OOC: P.S. How do my talents/skills play into fighting and such from the recruitment page?

You missed the lead orc by a long shot, alerting them to your presence.

ShadowySilence
2011-04-24, 08:05 PM
Alan cusses to himself and stands up, might as well be ready if things get even messier making sure his club is ready at his side as well.

firemagehao
2011-04-25, 03:31 PM
Ulthar rolls into the small compartment behind the orcs.[roll0]

bloodymage
2011-05-02, 01:07 PM
OOC: Am I missing something or are we just not progressing quickly? Do I need to check another thread?

Greylond
2011-05-02, 04:42 PM
Check out the OOC Thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196349

bloodymage
2011-05-19, 04:40 PM
Guess this game has stopped. Most o' mine are on hold as well.

firemagehao
2011-05-20, 02:23 PM
Want to make this PVP?

bloodymage
2011-06-13, 10:50 AM
I was looking forward to getting some HM 4e going again with an especially interesting character, but like everything else in my life...