PDA

View Full Version : Happy Black Metal Sunday!

Nameless
2011-04-23, 07:10 PM
Well, I said I'd do this, and I have! Have a grim day, everyone! :smalltongue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t1XqYgukd4&feature=related

toasty
2011-04-23, 08:32 PM
So we have Death Metal Day on Valentines and Black Metal on Easter? Entertaining...

grimbold
2011-04-23, 09:14 PM
nameless, you are truly brilliant

Nameless
2011-04-24, 05:43 AM
So we have Death Metal Day on Valentines and Black Metal on Easter? Entertaining...

It seemed appropriate. :smalltongue:

nameless, you are truly brilliant

:smallbiggrin:

Zocelot
2011-04-24, 10:05 AM
So, what day is December 25th? I think Power Metal Day is the way to go.

grimbold
2011-04-24, 10:35 AM
i think that sludge metal day might be nice on christmas

Nameless
2011-04-24, 10:50 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x203/tomshaer/Decorated%20images/BlackMetalSunday2011.png

:smalltongue:

Let the trve grim kvltness BEGIN! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm22TfYbNhY)

SaintRidley
2011-04-24, 11:25 AM
i think that sludge metal day might be nice on christmas

Sounds more like a day for folk or viking metal to me.

Zocelot
2011-04-24, 11:42 AM
It's unfortunate that there are more metal subgenres than well-recognized holidays.

Folk metal is definitely St. Patrick's day though.

Soilborn
2011-04-24, 12:29 PM
Where would pirate metal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A4GyB96RI) fall into all of this?

SaintRidley
2011-04-24, 02:16 PM
Where would pirate metal (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53A4GyB96RI) fall into all of this?

September 19, Talk like a Pirate Day

Mina Kobold
2011-04-24, 03:51 PM
What about Goth or Symphonic Metal?

Neo-classical obviously falls whenever someone tries to make a teenager liste to Mozart. :smalltongue:

Killer Angel
2011-04-24, 04:34 PM

I wonder what kind of Easter eggs' hunt we can plan...

cleric_of_BANJO
2011-04-25, 02:05 PM
What about Goth or Symphonic Metal?

Neo-classical obviously falls whenever someone tries to make a teenager liste to Mozart. :smalltongue:

...Or you could actually listen to Mozart... It's weird that you talk about teenagers listening to Mozart as a negative thing, he is one of the most talented musicians of all time. Honestly, I'd be absolutely astounded if you found a single Neo-classical metal band that could hold a candle to any respected classical composer. Seriously, metal is awesome, and I listen to metal more than any other genre, but putting neo-classical metal of all genres above Mozart is ridiculous.

grimbold
2011-04-25, 02:38 PM
I wonder what kind of Easter eggs' hunt we can plan...

i suggest a metalocalypse theme

Mina Kobold
2011-04-25, 03:08 PM
...Or you could actually listen to Mozart... It's weird that you talk about teenagers listening to Mozart as a negative thing, he is one of the most talented musicians of all time. Honestly, I'd be absolutely astounded if you found a single Neo-classical metal band that could hold a candle to any respected classical composer. Seriously, metal is awesome, and I listen to metal more than any other genre, but putting neo-classical metal of all genres above Mozart is ridiculous.

Why, my honour is insulted! Thinking my kiddings to be my true opinion? Why I would almost believe you lacked in humour!

Kidding aside, I am a Beethoven listener and do indeed plan on giving Mozart a try when I get the time. I was merely making a joke based on the common stereotypes of todays youth. :smallsmile:

Although I do like Requiem of the Fifth at least as much as Beethoven's Fith itself.

Nameless
2011-04-26, 06:01 AM
Pfft. Bach is the most brutal of all composers. Also, there's some pretty awesome contemporary composers out there, Clint Mansell being one of my favourites.

But now we're going off topic. There is a disturbing lack of grimness in this thread.

grimbold
2011-04-26, 12:36 PM
how about christmas become
Carcass Day
a day to listen to carcass for hours one end

cleric_of_BANJO
2011-04-26, 12:56 PM
Why, my honour is insulted! Thinking my kiddings to be my true opinion? Why I would almost believe you lacked in humour!

Sorry, sarcasm kind of gets lost in writing... And I have heard lots of metalheads talk about classical music in that way, so I guess I kind of assumed you were serious. Sorry bout that.

Mina Kobold
2011-04-26, 03:56 PM
Sorry, sarcasm kind of gets lost in writing... And I have heard lots of metalheads talk about classical music in that way, so I guess I kind of assumed you were serious. Sorry bout that.

That's what the ":smalltongue:" was for.

That and being blue.

You mean some people actually do that? That's a shame, classical music was the Metal of it's day and all I've heard (granted, that's not a lot) is great.

We must rage musical war on the anti-classics!

Nameless
2011-04-28, 03:58 AM
That's what the ":smalltongue:" was for.

That and being blue.

You mean some people actually do that? That's a shame, classical music was the Metal of it's day and all I've heard (granted, that's not a lot) is great.

We must rage musical war on the anti-classics!

I'll get my cravat.