PDA

View Full Version : Parody D&D Session

Liriel
2011-04-24, 12:10 PM
Awhile ago, my gaming group was BS'ing a bunch of things that could go in a parody D&D game. Unfortunately, no one was writing any of the ideas down and I can't remember them all now. I'm trying to come up with a short (1-2 session) parody campaign with all sorts of jokes and riffs on the real thing. Any suggestions?

Lord Raziere
2011-04-24, 12:14 PM
have them find a monster shopkeeper inside a dungeon selling magic items and fighting slaves for adventurers to kill for exp since he knows that he is gonna get killed for loot and exp otherwise so he might as well start a business to cater to adventurers coming in there.

Angry Bob
2011-04-24, 12:15 PM
Have crates and barrels be CR 1 enemies with standard treasure.

Have villagers flee at the PCs' approach(Wouldn't you?).

Include a god or gods that offer the Loot, XP, and Munchkin domains.

mootoall
2011-04-24, 12:21 PM
Include a god or gods that offer the Loot, XP, and Munchkin domains.

Pun-Pun as a god? Nice idea.

Liriel
2011-04-24, 04:08 PM
Thanks. :smallsmile: Some fun ideas there.

The only few things I've remembered/thought of:

A spell called Power Word: Blah (for all the times when the party goes power word blah to fill in a NPC or a PC who wasn't "there") [No clue what it does yet though...]

The inevitable bunny from Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail. (Or make it a real bunny when everyone expects that bunny...)

An exotic weapon feat of dwarf tossing. Sure, halfing too, why not.

The gazebo!

Keep 'em coming! :smalltongue:

Morph Bark
2011-04-24, 04:12 PM
Since you're going for a parody game, would you still use the standard PC classes, or instead use NPC classes or d20 Modern PC classes even?

Because in the case of the second, depending on the starting level, you could use some of my Commoner PrCs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9183867&postcount=75). :smalltongue:

Also toss in a cult of people who have transformed into bears and whose purpose in life is to make their lives as bearful as possible, by riding on bears and having tiny bear familiars and summoning bears.

Mercenary Pen
2011-04-24, 04:15 PM
Introduce them to an incompetent commoner named Natural One.

Liriel
2011-04-24, 04:37 PM
Since you're going for a parody game, would you still use the standard PC classes, or instead use NPC classes or d20 Modern PC classes even?

Because in the case of the second, depending on the starting level, you could use some of my Commoner PrCs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9183867&postcount=75). :smalltongue:

Doubt we'll stick with full standard classes. So I'll definitely check out those. Thanks!

Vladislav
2011-04-24, 06:26 PM
Awhile ago, my gaming group was BS'ing a bunch of things that could go in a parody D&D game. Unfortunately, no one was writing any of the ideas down and I can't remember them all now. I'm trying to come up with a short (1-2 session) parody campaign with all sorts of jokes and riffs on the real thing. Any suggestions?

This was already done, and done very well. Go to YouTube, and look for "The Gamers" and "Gamers 2: Dorkness Rising".

Sir_Mopalot
2011-04-24, 06:39 PM
Put in a quest-giver who proceeds to betray them before he finishes even giving them the quest.

Don Blake
2011-04-24, 07:02 PM
The mysterious old man in the tavern is in the middle of "Wife-Swap..." with the leader of the Goblin tribe he's sending them after.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-24, 07:05 PM
The questgiver is a princess in a cave, and she hires the PCs to go rescue a dragon from an old man in the tavern.

Morph Bark
2011-04-24, 07:08 PM
The questgiver is a princess in a cave, and she hires the PCs to go rescue a dragon from an old man in the tavern.

In similar vein something DragonFable (http://www.dragonfable.com/) pulled off: rescue a princess from a dragon dragon from the princess.

Angry Bob
2011-04-24, 08:05 PM
Rescue a dragon from the princess.

Doran
2011-04-24, 08:10 PM
Get pressganged into repairing and maintaining a dungeon crawl

Darthteej
2011-04-24, 10:07 PM
Meet a wizard with an Efreet farm, and have a quest where you have to steal one to get it's wishes.