PDA

View Full Version : Sensation Modification Chamber (New D&D 3.5 Artifact)

Qwertystop
2011-04-24, 03:50 PM
Here's a magic item/artifact I thought of, which needs a bit of depth beyond my description below.

An artifact which, once attuned to someone, creates a box that is the size of a large room on the inside. Inside are a few different things:
A small box with a Silent Image inside, which shows exactly what the person it is attuned to is seeing. It can only be viewed from one side on the box, as the others are blacked out.

A chamber with a Ghost Sound, which replicates the exact sounds the attuned person is hearing. The normal volume limit on Ghost Sound is removed for this chamber.

A box filled with a soft solid (think memory-foam beds). When someone lies down in it, it covers their body entirely and replicates the exact tactile sensations experienced by the attuned person. This includes damage from physical sources.

A quadruple-size model of the attuned person in a standing position. Around this model, there is no gravity, and all beings near it gain a fly speed equal to their land speed, with perfect maneuverability. Floating fixed near the ears are items which can be used to cast Ghost Sound as a caster of the users caster level plus half of their non-caster levels, rounded down. Near the eyes are items that cast Silent Image at a similar caster level. Both spells can only be targeted at the area of the model's body (So Silent Image only at the eyes, and Ghost Sound only at the ears). The attuned person will see and hear whatever images and sounds are made by the model. Also, anyone in this area can focus to create solids and liquids out of force, which are only tangible to the model, and maneuver them as wished. The person who creates the objects can control their texture and temperature. If they touch anywhere on the model's body, the attuned person feels the sensation, as though the same thing had touched them, but scaled down to their actual size. No damage is received, no matter what the object would have done if it was real, and the person cannot be moved by the objects, no matter how hard they hit.

Anyone got ideas for fluff, improved descriptions, or alterations?

Qwertystop
2011-04-25, 09:45 AM
Well, I changed the thread title... Let's see if that gets more people here.

I wonder why my threads are allways ignored at first, then people come after a single post like this?

Solaris
2011-04-25, 09:58 AM
Well, I changed the thread title... Let's see if that gets more people here.

I wonder why my threads are allways ignored at first, then people come after a single post like this?

I've had plenty where nobody posted in 'em. As someone once posted in response to a complaint like this, if there's no replies it's because nobody has anything to add. It seems like it'd be useful for scrying, but not really something for players. The chamber's about being passive, observing, not the action that D&D players prefer.