PDA

View Full Version : Chameleon class and crafting

vageta31
2011-04-25, 02:55 AM
I just had a few questions regarding the Chameleon class and how the caster levels worked with creating magic items. I have a Factotum 5/Chameleon 2 character with craft wondrous item feat and had some questions regarding how crafting would work with him.

1. My chameleon caster level is 4, so if I took practiced spellcaster feat as my bonus feat I should be able to make wondrous items up to CL 8th? Not to mention for either Divine or Arcane spells.

2. I take Craft Wand as a bonus feat for another day and make some wands. When making said wand I can create it with any caster level I choose as long as it's high enough to cast the spell. (That's how I understand it anyways)

If I wanted to make a wand of whirling blades, and my Int is high enough to get the bonus spells to be able to cast level 2 spells as a first level Chameleon, do I get to make the wand with a caster level 2 price since I can actually cast the spell at CL 2? Chameleon caster level = 2x class level. This would mean it'd be cheaper for the Chameleon to make than a Wizard.

Some grey area here and I'm just trying to find out what is legit and what is total cheese hehe.

Cog
2011-04-25, 06:59 AM
1. My chameleon caster level is 4, so if I took practiced spellcaster feat as my bonus feat I should be able to make wondrous items up to CL 8th? Not to mention for either Divine or Arcane spells.
Practiced Spellcaster is capped by your HD, so your CL would be 7. Other than that, yes.

2. I take Craft Wand as a bonus feat for another day and make some wands. When making said wand I can create it with any caster level I choose as long as it's high enough to cast the spell. (That's how I understand it anyways)
With any caster level no higher than 7 (until you level), adjusting the cost accordingly, yes. You cannot use a CL higher than your own.

If I wanted to make a wand of whirling blades, and my Int is high enough to get the bonus spells to be able to cast level 2 spells as a first level Chameleon, do I get to make the wand with a caster level 2 price since I can actually cast the spell at CL 2? Chameleon caster level = 2x class level. This would mean it'd be cheaper for the Chameleon to make than a Wizard.
Correct.