PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder bad guys [IC]

Doomboy911
2011-04-25, 11:49 AM
After receiving your notes you head out to the lovely town house of Shona. She's informed you that she's requesting your assistance in her latest political endeavor. Answering the door is a very large humanoid adorned in black clothing concealing all of his skin and his face. He's the same one you saw delivering your notes with a bit of a growl he bows and motions you inside.

Norpfang
2011-04-25, 02:13 PM
Hey there friend. The tide of blood has washed me upon this rock of war. Typhus ready and willing to spread the chaos in Lady Shona's name. Thyphus follows with a Grim smile on his face.

Havelock
2011-04-25, 03:59 PM
Angeline was dressed up in a practical bourgeois outfit, in keeping with her cover as an architect, she carried a long scrollcase, along with her satchel. if anyone was to ask questions, it would be about why Shona wanted a bigger house. She ignored the "door man" as one would ignore a servant, yet studying him closely using her peripheral vision.

Doomboy911
2011-04-25, 04:39 PM
Behind you the servant is looking at you. He raises two fingers and gives the I'm watching you gesture. Than he rings a bell to let his Lady know that guest have arrived. After waiting a moment he heads out to begin gardening for the day.

Norpfang
2011-04-26, 07:48 AM
Typhus sits down on the most luxurious seat at relaxes clearly enjoying the situation.

Acanous
2011-04-26, 10:59 AM
a petite, mousy haired human woman in a somewhat plain dress walks into the house, nodding to each of the other guests in turn. She looks about the interior room expectantly.
[This is hall, of course. Anone with True Seeing can see she's a green skinned tiefling with tiny horns and a whiplike tail, and her dress is much more extravagant]

Norpfang
2011-04-26, 08:06 PM
Huhh what are all you Morons do'en 'ear. I though I was given a privet invite.... Well I suppose Lady Shona has to surround herself with minions to get the job done. Any way where is that women. I thought this was a job not a book club! Typhus pouts when he sees others enter the room.

Acanous
2011-04-27, 08:28 AM
Hall glances at Typhus nervously, before going back to being a wallflower

Greystone
2011-04-27, 09:10 AM
Shona walked into the room that she normally used as a greeting room. Shona was always an attractive woman, and the accident that changed her skin from tan to a pale green did not change that. She wore a simple black satin shirt, and matching black leather pants. She took a seat in what she considered 'her chair', a simple yet comfortable recliner in a position where she can see the entire room.

"Ah, my guests, you ave arrived" Shona tapped her knee with a hand "It is time that we begin our takeover of this town. The Mayor is a fool, and so are the rest of the council. Each of you have a certain set of skills that will be quite useful to my cause." She arches a delicate eyebrow "Before I tell you what I need, I need to know... are you willing?"

She smiled with a shrug "Far be it from me to force any of you..."

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 02:07 PM
Ahh good Shona you made it. Take this town over you say. This will be fun. This will be the perfect outlet to start the foot hold of war.

Havelock
2011-04-27, 02:48 PM
Angeline was slightly disturbed about the ideas this halfling was seemed to have, but she knew better than to let such emotions, any emotions for that matter, be readable on her face.

What is to gain and what is the risk?

That was all she needed to know for now.

Greystone
2011-04-27, 03:29 PM
"We could gain everything" Shona says with a small smile "But what is to lose is a matter of opinion. It really depends how good we are at our jobs. Luckily for you I am a bit of an expert"

Without a word, her cohort leaves tea on the room's small cofee table. "Tea?" Shona asks brightly.

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 03:33 PM
If that tea comes from somebodies arteries then yes.

Greystone
2011-04-27, 03:54 PM
Shona quirks an eyebrow at the halfing "I hope you aren't quite so... outspoken in public. That could cause quite a stir before the time is right. Also no, I can assure you the tea is very expensive but otherwise perfectly normal"

Havelock
2011-04-27, 04:28 PM
Angeline does not taste the tea before her hostess does.

So let us say that we succeed, what role will each of us have?

Acanous
2011-04-27, 04:55 PM
Hallmark takes her offer of tea, and sips slowly. "I can accompany the Halfling, if you wish. I'm known to have somewhat of a.. calming presence. As for what we're gaining and what we're risking, you certainly came to the right wizard. Sign me up if it means funding for mage colleges and spell research. What do you need me to do, and what's the overall plan?"

Hall considers her words for a moment, then seems satisfied with them.

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 05:26 PM
No worries to spread chaos you must hide the chaos. Hmmph. I see what I can do about "replacing" the local guards. should be simple enough. Of course if that is your wish Shona.

Doomboy911
2011-04-27, 05:35 PM
Angeline you hear the same whisper you heard last night "It'll be dangerous, the chance of death can not be ruled out"

Greystone
2011-04-27, 05:48 PM
Shona takes a drink of the tea, which turns out to be a heady rasberry flavored brew. "You may have heard of the Duerger and Drow, to opposing forces who have been vying for the cities trade. I feel that if we can pick a side in this conflict, we can easily gain their support"

She eyes the halfling "The guards can wait for the moment, though that is certainly an important goal"

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 05:55 PM
I vote Duergar. Elves let alone Drow give me the creeps.

Acanous
2011-04-27, 06:32 PM
Hall smoothes out her dress. "The Drow have some history with my family. While I don't expect that to count for anything, I know they can be negotiated with. So long as the objective can be painted mutually beneficial."

Havelock
2011-04-27, 07:25 PM
What exactly would we gain from taking sides there anyway?

She sampled the tea, and that was the tiny little sip she'd make of the cup, she didn't like that kind.

As for the watch, they are among the most handy tools of control available, it would be best not to aggravate them.

Norpfang
2011-04-27, 09:32 PM
On second thought the Duergar wont be so happy with my reputation.

Greystone
2011-04-27, 09:34 PM
" If we can get rid one of the factions, we can perhaps use it to solidify a alliance with the other faction- as far as we can trust either of them. Also, members of the council favor one side or another... and I can use that knowledge to my advantage" Shona takes another drink.

Havelock
2011-04-27, 10:06 PM
There may be a third way, assist both in making things destructive for the other. All the while preparing to move in and take over the assets they leave behind. It might perhaps be best if both Drow and Duergar are eliminated from the equation.

Acanous
2011-04-28, 07:22 AM
Hall nods thoughtfully, then looks up to her host.
"I trust this area is private? If not, I can make it so."
(Almost done Hall's sheet, just need to know how much "Time" we had to get to lv 10, for purposes of buying spells and crafting traps)

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 07:31 AM
I agree with this plan also.

Greystone
2011-04-28, 11:56 AM
"Not a bad plan, especially if we can get some of the so called 'heroes' of this town to help us in the endeavor. Maybe get themselves killed in the process."

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 02:11 PM
Yes should we check out the local tavern or similar area. I have a disposable Item that would lure the adventurers in has a so called reward Typhus pulls a belt with the symbol of a Bull and a human arm out of his backpackThis little guy can be real fun its a belt of Gender change. We get lackies and we get chaos.

Doomboy911
2011-04-28, 04:08 PM
A hearty laughter is heard throughout the room. You suddenly notice a man dressed in a red and white striped jacket with a porkpie hat on his head. He has legs crossed with his feet on the table. "I have to say you little mosquito that was hilarious" he said in slender voice like velvet. The man looks up showing his green eyes "I must say" holding a gem to his eye "this is a wonderful group; a politician who's gone green, a tiefling, a mosquito and.." scanning over Angeline a bit "an architect right?"

@Angeline you recognize the voice it's the same one you heard last night.

He holds out four little dolls the size of his finger all tied onto four strings. "This is your enemy" he says pointing to the four featureless dolls "You don't much about them so I have to ask how are you going to take them down when you couldn't spot them in the crowd?"

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 04:14 PM
Hey who you callen a Mosquito. Give me that. Typhus reaches out to snatch on of them What is this some kinda vodoo doll To test his theory Typhus pokes at his with his sword. Ohh and to catch a man you need to offer a quest and a reward Typhus ends his rant gesturing at his cursed belt.

Havelock
2011-04-28, 05:00 PM
Enemies, really? Angeline raised an eyebrow.

Doomboy911
2011-04-28, 05:14 PM
"As long as your work is done their will be people working to undo it" The doll you stabbed springs to life swatting at the knife. It rushes over to the man who hands the figure a card. The doll begrudgingly takes the card to Shona make sure to keep it's non existant eyes on Typhus . The card reads "Jack Trades: Immortal Bard,Master Manipulator, actor, Tap dance instructor"

Havelock
2011-04-28, 05:16 PM
Who are you anyway?

Doomboy911
2011-04-28, 05:48 PM
"Moi?" he says moving towards Angeline "The name is Jack Trades"

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 05:54 PM
So that card reads your professions, am I right. Interesting. If you have some on our enemies we could easily discover their location.

Doomboy911
2011-04-28, 06:09 PM
Jack shrugs "A war is going on don't you think the good guys are going to try and end it? Find the two sides and ask them if anyone tried to stop them. Although they may kill you on sight" he throws a card to Typhus "That's a decent wizard who can whip something up to get rid of the danger"

Havelock
2011-04-28, 06:14 PM
And what's your interest in all of this?

Norpfang
2011-04-28, 06:14 PM
What did you say War.. Good guys trying to stop. Im on it sir. You guys call your self evil sitting hear discussing what to do we must act. Lets find the Wizard. Typhus pockets the card.

Doomboy911
2011-04-28, 06:28 PM
Jack raises an eyebrow "I like to watch things escalate, this is not for any business venture or deep seated revenge I merely like to watch" he looks to Shona "Consider this political funding"

Havelock
2011-04-29, 04:12 PM
I don't call myself evil. Angeline was amused. Though I suppose a Paladin would, if I did not block his detection abilities-

Acanous
2011-04-29, 04:42 PM
(Again, how much time do we have for pre-adventure crafting? Or do I have to buy everything at book price?)

Hall regards the bard cautiously. "So, not private it is, then."

Hallmark then casts Mage's Private Sanctum and rolls initiative if neccesary;
[roll0]

Doomboy911
2011-04-29, 07:59 PM
Jack moves in closely slinging his arm around Hall's shoulder. "I'm not much for privacy or personal space or improper trickery" pulling out his gem of true seeing "If you want to disguise yourself try polymorph next time and if you wish to fight make sure you have the means to make sure I don't come back" he turns to Angeline and Typhus "These two have what it takes strength and subtlety" he turns to Shona "and patience" giving a small bow "I must apologize for rudely interrupting I just felt like giving a bit of an edge"

Acanous
2011-04-29, 09:36 PM
(True seeing actually sees through Polymorph. Hall is "Alter Self"'d Human, which is actuallly a polymorph effect. Weather the Bard knows that, however ;) )

Norpfang
2011-04-29, 09:39 PM
Guys lets not argue about our ohh so "special" magic and get to work. So Jack my friend do you have any tips.

Doomboy911
2011-04-29, 10:01 PM
((Dang I thought true seeing saw past just illusions.))

"Heh" a smile on his face "Know your limitations for now" the dolls begin to move towards the edge of the table "because you have to be sure that when you take those leaps of faith" the dolls leap over the side the strings attached to them wraps around their necks "you're able to reach the ground unharmed " the dolls grab at the string at their neck as though the life is being sucked from them.

"Also stacking an illusion over an illusion over a disguise kit never hurt anyone."

Acanous
2011-04-29, 11:26 PM
(I'm just going to assume I can buy whatever spells and such at book price for now, then. Will do my other crafting in game. Hall's sheet is mostly done Here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=250163), just down to equiptment)

Doomboy911
2011-04-30, 02:47 PM
((If you've lost track of the OOC http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10891787#post10891787 try to post this stuff in there okay. Like I said if you have the ability to craft something than you do. I'm going to allot you all a certain amount of gold say 20k to set up defenses in your houses you can say your house is whatever you feel it is within reason. That 20k is only for your houses okay.))

Doomboy911
2011-05-01, 07:59 AM
The card shows three featureless men holding hands. "Lawrence Dublei: The immortal wizard" on the back are his directions, a small shop in the magic district. "You best do as he said it cost me quite a lot to have him take outside help."

Norpfang
2011-05-01, 10:23 AM
Alright we best get to work. Typhus gets too his feat.

Doomboy911
2011-05-02, 03:12 PM
"Before you go take this" he hands you all a silver whistle "If you need my help or require information, just blow" with that he steps through the sanctum and is gone.

Norpfang
2011-05-02, 08:40 PM
Typhus looks at the whistle briefly considering blowing it right then just for the fun of it. So guys I dont know about you but im ready to spread some chaos.

Havelock
2011-05-03, 06:37 AM
Spreading chaos for what end?

Acanous
2011-05-03, 03:49 PM
"Well, I'll be at my estate if you need me. Before I go, though, I'll need to mark any of you who wish to visit me there. So the traps don't kill you, you understand."
Hall will Mage Mark anyone in the Evil party who is willing so as they can bypass her traps.

"Also, if you're willing to part with a pint of blood, I'm willing to craft Humunculi. They're rather useful."
She gestures to her own, which has been following her silently.

(I plan on doing a good deal of crafting. Mostly traps :3)

Doomboy911
2011-05-03, 09:23 PM
{You know dude you could've just said you crafted all of this ahead of time.}}

Acanous
2011-05-05, 09:52 AM
(Oh, I am crafting a bunch of things ahead of time, but for the other party members? Hall just met them. Also I need their blood if they want a humunculus, not something I can trade ahead of time :/)

Norpfang
2011-05-05, 02:07 PM
Typhus grabs the nearest of the others at stars heading for the Drow base Come on fools you call yourselves evil

Doomboy911
2011-05-05, 05:37 PM
You know that the Drow have a base hidden out in the mountains surrounded by forest.

(Someone please get Greystone to post)

Acanous
2011-05-07, 02:45 PM
"Well if HE's going to be our ambassador to the Drow, I'd best go to ensure they don't come looking for US after"

Hall follows the chaotic halfling, prepped for a fight.