PDA

View Full Version : help installing "Napoleon-total war" can someone help?

super dark33
2011-04-25, 12:53 PM
my brother brought to me the game {from a hockey camp in germany}. i was trieng to isntall it, and now it use steam for it. so i downloaded steam. but then, when i try to install it, it says that i have no free space on the disk. and yes, i do have free space on it {like 90 giga on C and even more on D]. its not even ask me wher i want to install it, it just say i dont have enogh free space. can someone help me out?

Brother Oni
2011-04-26, 06:28 AM
Have you tried checking the filepath to where you're installing it to? By extension, are the Steam downloading options configured correctly?

Are you on an administrator account? Has the profile quota option been enabled?

super dark33
2011-05-04, 09:45 AM
and how i do that?

EDIT-

the steam support say that-"This is a known Windows Vista issue. In order to install your game(s) - using the contents of the disc(s) - you must move the contents of the install disc(s) to your Hard Drive, and perform the installation from there."

the problem is- i have windows xp, plus i dont know how to do what they say.

Brother Oni
2011-05-04, 11:57 AM
and how i do that?

EDIT-

the steam support say that-"This is a known Windows Vista issue. In order to install your game(s) - using the contents of the disc(s) - you must move the contents of the install disc(s) to your Hard Drive, and perform the installation from there."

the problem is- i have windows xp, plus i dont know how to do what they say.

Doesn't matter what OS you're using, it works for both XP and Vista.

Make a spare folder on your C drive, where you'll be copying the CD contents into.

Put the CD into your drive, then right click on the disc in My Computer, select Open.

Highlight all files you see on the disc, right click, select Copy, then go to your pre-prepared folder on your hard drive and right click, select Paste.

Wait until it's all finished copying over, then repeat for all the other discs.

After that, just run the setup.exe in the folder.

In all honesty though, if you don't know how to copy the contents of a disc to your hard drive, I suggest finding someone who's more computer literate to do so.