PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Society Question

Dire Moose
2011-04-25, 06:25 PM
I'm creating a druid for official Pathfinder Society games and found this odd rule in their organization guide:

During the course of a scenario, you may have one combat animal and as many noncombat animals as you like. You make this choice at the beginning of the scenario. This means if you’re a Ranger 5/Druid 5, you need to pick which animal companion is your combat animal.

(snip)

This clarification is meant to reinforce the same line of logic that prohibits the Leadership feat in Pathfinder Society Organized Play—you only have 4 or 5 hours to play and allowing multiple additional combatants only slows down play.

(snip)

As an additional bit of clarification, the summoner’s eidolon is considered an animal companion for the above considerations.

I had already decided to use my Nature Bond ability to take an animal companion, but if this means I'm not allowed to cast Summon Nature's Ally for combat purposes I will have to go with a domain instead. Can anyone clarify whether or not this rule applies to summoned creatures?

Arutema
2011-04-25, 06:41 PM
Hmm, the wording is ambiguous concerning summon monster and summon nature's ally spells. To get a definitive answer, you'd probably have to post on the official Paizo forums for PFS. (http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/paizoPublishing/pathfinder/pathfinderSociety/general)