PDA

View Full Version : The awaken spell and druidic

Half-orc Bard
2011-04-25, 06:54 PM
Can an awakened creature learn druidic as one of their languages?

Urpriest
2011-04-25, 07:04 PM
Not unless they take levels in Druid. Druidic is only taught to creatures with levels in the Druid class.

Half-orc Bard
2011-04-25, 07:23 PM
Okay thanks

Apophis
2011-04-25, 09:49 PM
Technically, they can be taught Druidic, but the Druid loses all class features if he does so.

Coidzor
2011-04-26, 12:12 AM
Technically, they can be taught Druidic, but the Druid loses all class features if he does so.

Unless he makes them take a level in druid...

...Wait. <_< >_> Does one unlearn a language if one is level drained?

gbprime
2011-04-26, 09:41 AM
...Wait. <_< >_> Does one unlearn a language if one is level drained?

No, an army of nymphs shows up and force-feeds you XP until you level up again.

Which, if you're into that, is cool I guess. :smallamused:

Alleran
2011-04-26, 09:50 AM
There's a spell for that.

Atonement.

Greymane
2011-04-26, 09:50 AM

Totally taking that feat.

Oh, wait. Silly me. It's just another one of the amazing class features Druids get.

The Boz
2011-04-26, 09:55 AM
There's a spell for that.

Atonement.

You need someone to cast that for you, since casting spells is kind of a class feature of the Druid.

Coidzor
2011-04-26, 11:58 AM
Totally taking that feat.

Oh, wait. Silly me. It's just another one of the amazing class features Druids get.

:smallconfused:

A bit too obscure of an injoke guys.

LOTRfan
2011-04-26, 12:00 PM
:smallconfused:

A bit too obscure of an injoke guys.

Perhaps they are referring to Nymph's Kiss, from BoED?

Cog
2011-04-26, 01:23 PM
They might be able to learn it, but they can't speak it. Languages are listed here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/speakLanguage.htm); while most of the languages have "typical speaker" entries, Druidic alone has an only speaker entry.

Apophis
2011-04-26, 02:02 PM
They might be able to learn it, but they can't speak it. Languages are listed here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/speakLanguage.htm); while most of the languages have "typical speaker" entries, Druidic alone has an only speaker entry.

I believe that that's there only because Druids are supposed to be the only speakers, not because non-druids are incapable of speaking it.

HalfDragonCube
2011-04-26, 02:23 PM

Next time I level up I am taking a level of druid, then throwing myself at the nearest wight.:smallbiggrin:

Cog
2011-04-26, 02:52 PM
I believe that that's there only because Druids are supposed to be the only speakers, not because non-druids are incapable of speaking it.
Nevertheless, they are the only speakers. Whether that means others cannot speak it or cannot learn it in the first place, that indicates there is something unusual about Druidic.

nedz
2011-04-26, 04:18 PM
Nevertheless, they are the only speakers. Whether that means others cannot speak it or cannot learn it in the first place, that indicates there is something unusual about Druidic.

Perhaps it changes with the seasons ?