PDA

View Full Version : Dementation (Vampire: Dark ages)

Waylor
2011-04-26, 09:33 AM
Hi!, Im building a Malkavian and its the first time, so i decided to focus a lot on this discipline but as ive never seen anyone playing a malk i have no idea how to rolelplay "using" my powers.

Suggestions?

Morghen
2011-04-26, 10:23 AM
Short answer:

Think like a Kender illusionist.

Quirp
2011-04-26, 10:47 AM
Maybe you could read this: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179239&highlight=Vampire

TheCountAlucard
2011-04-26, 11:16 AM
Heh, surprised to see someone recommending my campaign journal. :smallamused: Still, that was a more-modern vampire, and this is a Dark Ages game.

Lady Tialait
2011-04-26, 01:48 PM
To start with, a Malkavian is a very tragic figure. Often times they were sane before they were embraced, this means that the madness is not natural. They are twice forced to the fringes of society. First by being kindred, never to see the sun, never to be with morals in any meaningful way. And secondly by being a Malkavian they are brushed off and mistrusted.

As for their powers, Dementation is the understanding of madness in others, I see it as a natural evolution of Auspex. You can see their madness, you have your own. All madness is connected for the Malkavians, reach out and touch it, feel it, roll it around in your hand and shape it to your desires.

Malkavians the way I see it is both a tragic figure, and a bit of hope in the eternal night. They are often time marginalized, and that is the loss of others. There is much wisdom in the ramblings of the madmen, and there is much foolishness.

Not my favorite clan, but one of them.