PDA

View Full Version : Nostalgia Critic - You are the Man

Dr.Epic
2011-04-27, 11:30 AM
He is. And I don't declare this often. I declare maybe one person a year the Man. Last year it was that actress who played Hit Girl in Kick-Ass.

Why's he the man? Well, I just saw his latest video: Top 11 Dumbasses in Distress. His number one spot was awesome! I won't spoiler it for those who haven't seen it, but let's just say Jar Jar was pretty high ranked, and I was convinced after Jar Jar I'd disagree with anything that came after, but I was so wrong with his number one Dumbasss in Distress. Nostalgia Critic, you are the Man.

Kato
2011-04-27, 06:35 PM
Well, I went and watched the episode...

So, I guess you gotta agree with most of the characters (including Jar-Jar even though I hate him a lot less than the average person *takes cover*) some entries I might disagree with.

Number one, though well deserved doesn't take one thing into account: Twilight is directed at a... very special kind of people which doesn't include Doug Walker, me, or probably 99% of the people on this board. Not saying whatever she does is fine in any way but 17 year old girls are often... well... for the lack of effort to think of a better word... dumb. They like the idea of eternal love and romance and being ready to throw away your life for someone and... stuff. Not all, of course but enough. And that's who Bella is...
Peach... well, as people noted had her great moments in some games. I really wouldn't put her as high but meh.

Lord Loss
2011-04-27, 07:08 PM
I like Jar Jar. One of my favorite Star Wars characters. *flees*

EDIT: I watched the video. That was hilarious.

Lord Seth
2011-04-27, 08:26 PM
Peach was too high. He completely ignored her fighting abilities in Super Mario RPG and Super Paper Mario, and while she didn't fight in the first two Paper Mario games, she still did things to help out Mario even when captured. Did it make sense to put her on the list? Sure. Did she deserve to be as high as she was? Nah.

And the first choice? Honestly, I'm unsure about that. Yeah, I know, lots of reasons to hate the character that he mentions, but...how many of those are really due to being a "damsel in distress"? The reasons to hate the character just seem kinda removed from most of the criticized aspects of the character.

doliest
2011-04-27, 08:28 PM
Peach has been in a lot of games as someone in distress though. Yes, in a few she fights back, but, like with how in some adaptions, Robin and Lois are capable of fighting back, it doesn't overide just how often they....don't.

The Rose Dragon
2011-04-27, 08:40 PM
There are more important things to talk about! Such as, what was the music playing in the background during Bella's explanation? Was it the same as the one played at the end of My Pet Monster? If not, what was that one?

I need answers!

John Cribati
2011-04-27, 08:58 PM
Yeah, "Dumbass In Distress" Applies even more heavily to those who are proven to be good fighters. And Peach was pretty High Tier in Melee, IIRC.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-27, 09:07 PM
Makes me wish I could watch it. I'm still stuck on his Langoliers review because it stops loading early on and just quits, so I don't get to see the full review! :smallfurious:

Lord Seth
2011-04-27, 11:16 PM
Peach has been in a lot of games as someone in distress though. Yes, in a few she fights back, but, like with how in some adaptions, Robin and Lois are capable of fighting back, it doesn't overide just how often they....don't.I'm not saying it overrides it. What I am saying is that I think it was enough to drop her down a few places.

Tengu_temp
2011-04-28, 03:42 AM
I'd like to point out that last year, when the movies came out, Spoony made pretty much the same point in his vlog reviews of them as Doug's #1. And I bet many others had the same impression after watching them, too. So it's not like Doug's view here is super revolutionary or anything.

Greensleeves
2011-04-28, 09:10 AM
There are more important things to talk about! Such as, what was the music playing in the background during Bella's explanation? Was it the same as the one played at the end of My Pet Monster? If not, what was that one?

I need answers!

It was The River Flows in You (I think) by Yiruma. It's either in Twilight, or was supposed to be, can't remember.

Afraid I can't help about the My Pet Monster music though.

Mewtarthio
2011-04-28, 10:39 AM
Makes me wish I could watch it. I'm still stuck on his Langoliers review because it stops loading early on and just quits, so I don't get to see the full review! :smallfurious:

Try skipping ahead and seeing if it's the same with all his videos. Don't worry about watching in order: This isn't Linkara, so there's not any continuity to worry about

I'm not saying it overrides it. What I am saying is that I think it was enough to drop her down a few places.

As he mentioned in the Lois Lane section, making the DiD competent and/or intelligent is even more aggravating because you start to wonder why she keeps getting kidnapped.

In Peach's case, though, I'd say she's not really demonstrated enough competence to make things questionable. Sure, she fights alongside Bowser in Legend of the Seven Stars, but she's strictly a support character, while Bowser's a heavy hitter. Smash Bros doesn't count, either, since that's a world where Pikachu and Ganon can fight on the same arena.

I should probably also note that Bowser is a lot more powerful than most people give him credit for: Remember the plot for Super Mario World? Mario goes on vacation, only to discover that, while he was en route, Bowser took over the entire reigon, occupied every square inch with his military forces, and divided the land into eight duchies as presents for his children.

A slightly less extreme interpretation of events is that Bowser already controlled seven of those worlds and merely conquered Yoshi's Island while Mario wasn't looking, which is still pretty impressive and brings up the question of why Mario and Peach chose an island in Koopa-controlled waters for their vacation (either you have to fall back on the old Peach/Bowser shipper's "they're just screwing with the plumber now" explanation or you have to assume the Koopa empire is so massive that there is no vacation spot that doesn't share a border with it).

And let's not forget the Galaxy series. Twice he manages to forge an empire that spans the stars. In the second game, he builds an enormous space station shape like himself, and you're manage to arrive just in time to stop him from using it to eat God. The being that mantains order in the cosmos, oversees the birth of new galaxies, and (depending on how you interpret the ending of the first game) may have created the universe itsef becomes the damsel in distress when Bowser is on the warpath.

Honestly, I'm suprised Zelda wasn't on there instead. Yes, I'm well aware that "Princess Zelda" is just a style and that it's a different character in almost every game. Still doesn't make it any less annoying. You've got the Triforce of Wisdom, Princess! You should be smart enough to not take off your impenetrable ninja disguise when you're right next door to the evil god's castle!

ThePhantasm
2011-04-28, 01:41 PM
I'm not a huge fan of nostalgia critic's videos. He yells too much and I don't really find him that funny. I know lots of people like him but I've never been able to watch a video of his to the finish.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-04-28, 07:56 PM
Try skipping ahead and seeing if it's the same with all his videos. Don't worry about watching in order: This isn't Linkara, so there's not any continuity to worry about

Yeah, it's the same with most of them. And I need to catch up on Linkara's work. I promised him.

Helanna
2011-04-28, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it's the same with most of them. And I need to catch up on Linkara's work. I promised him.

Have you tried viewing them from the Blip site? (http://at4w.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc) I have no idea if that would make any difference, but it's worth a try, if you haven't.

Katana_Geldar
2011-04-28, 11:22 PM
Number one, though well deserved doesn't take one thing into account: Twilight is directed at a... very special kind of people which doesn't include Doug Walker, me, or probably 99% of the people on this board. Not saying whatever she does is fine in any way but 17 year old girls are often... well... for the lack of effort to think of a better word... dumb. They like the idea of eternal love and romance and being ready to throw away your life for someone and... stuff. Not all, of course but enough. And that's who Bella is...
Peach... well, as people noted had her great moments in some games. I really wouldn't put her as high but meh.

You forget...

...that there are grown women who want to be Bella and want poor Robert Pattinson to bite them.

Lord Seth
2011-04-29, 02:14 AM
It's funny that Doug posted this now, considering the new episode of The Vampire Diaries this week had a speech from Elena (when she's talking to Stefan when the sun sets) that felt like it was written with his complaints about Bella in mind.

Turcano
2011-04-30, 06:10 AM
As was said earlier, I would have given more props for the #1 spot if Spoony hadn't said it first.

Mewtarthio
2011-04-30, 11:11 AM
As was said earlier, I would have given more props for the #1 spot if Spoony hadn't said it first.

And he was just echoing what voices all over the internet were shouting after the books came out.

Asta Kask
2011-04-30, 11:48 AM
I like Spoony's review of Eclipse (I think), where he said that the moment that werewolf took off his shirt and you could hear all the women in the theatre go *gasp*. Like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog. Ok ladies, you can stop pretending you're here for the story now.

Otogi
2011-04-30, 03:54 PM
I like Spoony's review of Eclipse (I think), where he said that the moment that werewolf took off his shirt and you could hear all the women in the theatre go *gasp*. Like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog. Ok ladies, you can stop pretending you're here for the story now.

What, stories can't be sexy? I remember the same thing with all the guys when seeing Machete when Jessica Alba was in the shower (with an added, "Oh damn!" from one person).

Lord Seth
2011-04-30, 04:32 PM
And he was just echoing what voices all over the internet were shouting after the books came out.Not really. Most of the criticism of Twilight is either directed at Edward, the vampires (including the silly criticism of "vampires don't sparkle") and dumb parts of the plot. Comparatively, Bella doesn't seem to get that much criticism other than maybe saying she doesn't have much personality.

Turcano
2011-05-01, 02:34 AM

My favorite part of that vlog was when he actually yelled out "Now she's just ****ing with them!" out loud in the theater.

Asta Kask
2011-05-01, 06:58 AM
What, stories can't be sexy? I remember the same thing with all the guys when seeing Machete when Jessica Alba was in the shower (with an added, "Oh damn!" from one person).

Oh, absolutely. But it's rarely this blatant with women, because as we all know women have no innate sex drive. Their role in any balanced marriage is to ween the man of sex. I read that in "The Wife" (1867), so it must be true. :smalltongue:

Kato
2011-05-01, 10:55 AM
You forget...

...that there are grown women who want to be Bella and want poor Robert Pattinson to bite them.

This scares me... no, really. Well, if there are only a few but... if that's actually enough to affect the popularity... Humanity is damned.

Erts
2011-05-01, 12:43 PM
This scares me... no, really. Well, if there are only a few but... if that's actually enough to affect the popularity... Humanity is damned.

Even though I usually don't like xkcd, someone recently sent me this and it works well here.
http://xkcd.com/603/
People have always had escapism, and shallow characters, and plots like Twilight. It's nothing to fear, and it to will pass.

Kato
2011-05-01, 02:13 PM
Even though I usually don't like xkcd, someone recently sent me this and it works well here.
http://xkcd.com/603/
People have always had escapism, and shallow characters, and plots like Twilight. It's nothing to fear, and it to will pass.

Okay, putting aside I was joking about being afraid (and the fact that you dislike one of the best webcomics) I guess I was more... disappointed. Really, how can someone want to be like such a whiny little brat from a teeny novel? Hech, are women so desperate for the 'one great love'? Or what else is it? And honestly... I don't think it will pass. it will be something else but that's really something people have always been attached to and will always be. Given, I guess I'm attached to thing s as well which others would consider stupid but not something.. that bad, I dare say.

Lord Seth
2011-05-01, 03:54 PM
http://xkcd.com/603/I don't know, that seems to only tangentially relate to the topic and, as is the pattern with the later xkcd strips, is a pretty bad comic.
People have always had escapism, and shallow characters, and plots like Twilight. It's nothing to fear, and it to will pass.This is true enough, however.

That said, I don't think anyone wants to "be" Bella. The Twilight fangirls don't care about Bella, it's Edward they care about. In other words, Bella's personality is immaterial, they just want to take her place, not be her. No one cares about or looks up to Bella, or at least that's the way it seems to me.

To better explain, were you ever a fan of Power Rangers when you were a kid? Did you ever think it would be cool to be a Power Ranger? Did you ever think to yourself that it would be cool to be a particular character, or just the general idea of a Ranger? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have been thinking "oh man, I totally wish I was Jason!" I would've been thinking "oh man, I totally wish I was the Red Ranger!" The morphing ability and giant T. Rex is the important thing, not anything about Jason.

EDIT: To clarify, the last two paragraphs of my message (not counting this one) were directed at the topic as a whole, not Erts's particular message.

Mewtarthio
2011-05-01, 06:09 PM
That said, I don't think anyone wants to "be" Bella. The Twilight fangirls don't care about Bella, it's Edward they care about. In other words, Bella's personality is immaterial, they just want to take her place, not be her. No one cares about or looks up to Bella, or at least that's the way it seems to me.

To better explain, were you ever a fan of Power Rangers when you were a kid? Did you ever think it would be cool to be a Power Ranger? Did you ever think to yourself that it would be cool to be a particular character, or just the general idea of a Ranger? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't have been thinking "oh man, I totally wish I was Jason!" I would've been thinking "oh man, I totally wish I was the Red Ranger!" The morphing ability and giant T. Rex is the important thing, not anything about Jason.

Besides, there's a pretty big difference between fantasizing about something and actually desiring it to be true. Twilight fans may gush about Edward, but that doesn't mean they'd be attracted to him in real life; it just means the franchise portrays him in a fantastic light with all the nasty implications stripped away.

To take your analogy further: How many kids would have really been excited about taking on a part-time job after school? One where they would be expected to show up immediately on little to no notice at any time? And they would receive no recognition for their work outside an extremely small circle consisting of five co-workers and a disembodied head? Because that's what being a Power Ranger would really entail. Obviously, Power Rangers fans just ignore those annoying implications because the show glosses over them as well.

Erts
2011-05-01, 06:29 PM
SNIP

SNIP

:smalleek:
Well, uhhh, I never said that they do it because they want to be Bella, I agree with both of you.
And yeah, it is a pretty bad comic to demonstrate my point.

Lord Seth
2011-05-01, 08:49 PM
:smalleek:
Well, uhhh, I never said that they do it because they want to be Bella, I agree with both of you.Oh, that part of my message wasn't in response to you, it was a more general response to the thread. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

Erts
2011-05-01, 09:45 PM
Oh, that part of my message wasn't in response to you, it was a more general response to the thread. I'm sorry if you misunderstood me.

Well it was because of the fact that the first response was (on the link) and the other one wasn't. Sorry.

But I thought this episode was pretty mediocre. I usually like the top 11, but, it wasn't either informative enough or the flaws that he has (overacting, yelling) shown threw too much for my taste.

Welf
2011-05-02, 01:15 AM

Exactly. I think it's generally that main characters need to be as bland as possible to make escapist literature successful. The protagonist only gets a set of external attributes like gender or the affiliation to a certain social group (like "nerds") that conforms to the targeted audience. That way they can slip into the protagonists role and it fits them like a glove because it's empty. That's how series like Twilight work for females or Eragon for males.

And to go back to topic: Did anybody else got the vibe that NC is on team Jacob?

Lord Seth
2011-05-02, 01:37 AM
And to go back to topic: Did anybody else got the vibe that NC is on team Jacob?Not sure. He definitely likes Jacob more than Edward and in his Bum Reviews has criticized Bella for picking Edward, but at the same time I'm not sure he'd actually be for Bella/Jacob, because he dislikes Bella so much. Some people who like Jacob actually oppose Bella/Jacob just because they think he deserves someone better than Bella.

Weimann
2011-05-02, 03:47 AM
I think Bella fit well on the first spot of that list. After all, she was the only one to actively put herself in danger, just so that she can be saved. That's a whole new level of dumbass.

Asta Kask
2011-05-02, 06:23 AM

In fact, this makes Bella's lack of personality an advantage. If she drove the plot and was proactive, it would be much harder to cast yourself in Bella's place.

Fiery Diamond
2011-05-02, 10:27 AM
Exactly. I think it's generally that main characters need to be as bland as possible to make escapist literature successful. The protagonist only gets a set of external attributes like gender or the affiliation to a certain social group (like "nerds") that conforms to the targeted audience. That way they can slip into the protagonists role and it fits them like a glove because it's empty. That's how series like Twilight work for females or Eragon for males.

And to go back to topic: Did anybody else got the vibe that NC is on team Jacob?

In fact, this makes Bella's lack of personality an advantage. If she drove the plot and was proactive, it would be much harder to cast yourself in Bella's place.

Maybe I'm just weird, but this is actually not true for me. I'm unusual, I guess, in that all literature I read for enjoyment is for escapist purposes (heck, everything I do for enjoyment is for escapist purposes...I don't like real life), but this means that "empty" main characters are actually detrimental to my enjoyment. I don't want to be able to usurp a main character, I want to be able to relate to a main character - to have that character be like me, but different enough to have his/her own well developed personality. This, by the way, is why I dislike any story where the main character is completely different to the extent that I don't agree with their way of thinking or morality. While Eragon was moderately enjoyable, the main character actually detracted from the experience for me because he was so shallow, empty-headed, and stupid (stupid as in unintelligent...I don't like dumb main characters).

Erts
2011-05-02, 02:51 PM
I'm unusual, I guess, in that all literature I read for enjoyment is for escapist purposes (heck, everything I do for enjoyment is for escapist purposes...I don't like real life), but this means that "empty" main characters are actually detrimental to my enjoyment.

:smallconfused:
Even literature that is only written to convey a message? Say, 1984? Do you only read it to escape into the mindset of a perfectly average man in a dystopia? Not, you know, to be warned about the dangers of totalitarian society?
That was the first example off the top of my head of literature that has main characters that are basically completely average characters reacting to their circumstances to give a message.

I agree with Asta Kast, sometimes, when a character is bland, it shows you what the average person would feel given the scenario. But Bella isn't average. She has no personality (not average, really), and most people aren't so flitty with their emotions.

Katana_Geldar
2011-05-02, 06:56 PM
The main problem with Twilight I think it's lack of plot and it's lack of conflict. There are people shown to be some sort of threat, like the Volturi (spell?) even right up to the end of Breaking Dawn. But it all boils down to "Awwwww, look at the cute baby!"

Imagine if Rosalie was a real threat to Edward and Bella being together. Like they were promised for each other in some strange claptrap and Edward's a guy with principles who sticks to the girl he's promised to. He tells Bella they can't be together because of this.
Then you could have her father really being large and in charge and saying to her "in my house, young lady, you follow my rules" and being all the sterotypical overprotective father to keep them apart.
Finally, at the climax you have Rosalie killed by the vampire hunter and Bella saying to Edward "now we can be together forever". Except he says no, that's he's too dangerous for her and he goes away.

Writing a better plot of Twilight is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Lord Seth
2011-05-02, 07:41 PM
Imagine if Rosalie was a real threat to Edward and Bella being together. Like they were promised for each other in some strange claptrap and Edward's a guy with principles who sticks to the girl he's promised to. He tells Bella they can't be together because of this.That seems kinda goofy and doesn't really seem like an improvement over the book. Edward worrying about harming Bella might not have been handled well, but it was at least a decent concept.

Then you could have her father really being large and in charge and saying to her "in my house, young lady, you follow my rules" and being all the sterotypical overprotective father to keep them apart.I don't see how that would have either improved the book or made it worse; it's the execution, not the concept, that matters. You could've improved the execution in the books without changing his personality. Actually, the interesting thing is that it seems even a lot of haters of the books seem to like Charlie, so changing him might be a bad thing.

Finally, at the climax you have Rosalie killed by the vampire hunter and Bella saying to Edward "now we can be together forever". Except he says no, that's he's too dangerous for her and he goes away.Rosalie being killed and Bella turning a "well now we can be together!" seems extremely cold. Now I know everyone blasts Bella for being manipulative and unlikable so maybe they'd say that's actually in character for her, but I don't see how that's in any way an improvement.

There are a bunch of ways Twilight could've been improved, but I don't think these suggestions would've helped anything.

Welf
2011-05-03, 10:55 AM
Stupid Twilight taking over a decent thread. :smallmad:

btw, does anybody else dislike the Dark Nella Saga from Nostalgica Chick? I'm more interested in the reviews and the analysis, and the storyline takes too much focus for my taste.

Mewtarthio
2011-05-03, 11:57 AM
btw, does anybody else dislike the Dark Nella Saga from Nostalgica Chick? I'm more interested in the reviews and the analysis, and the storyline takes too much focus for my taste.

I haven't been watching it for precisely that reason.

Lord Seth
2011-05-03, 12:02 PM
Stupid Twilight taking over a decent thread. :smallmad:Twilight didn't "take over" the thread, it was originally about the Nostalgia Critic putting Bella as his #1 pick as a "dumbass in distress." From its very inception it was about Twilight (or at least Doug Walker's opinion of it, which is close enough). Twilight can't "take over" this thread because that was the original point of the thread.

Dragor
2011-05-03, 01:54 PM

It's dire. I love the Chick, but I never really liked Nella in the first place and now it's gone completely away from reviewing source material which could potentially be interesting. It's just not going anywhere and it's getting in the way, which is exactly what you don't want to happen in a 'Saga' set inside a review show.

Erts
2011-05-03, 02:10 PM
Actually, that's a topic I want to talk about in Channel Awesome myself with.

The storylines; are they a success, or do they retract from the show?
Personally, I think if they are going to have them, they should do it like they did in Kickassia, being completely self contained.

Usually I like Linkara... But the storylines are beginning to make it less enjoyable, as I don't really care. I come to CA to watch funny reviews, not get a story in of itself.

Kato
2011-05-03, 03:16 PM
Concerning Nella... well, I don't really care. I'll say the latest reviews weren't my favorites but I wouldn't blame it on the Dark Nella Saga. If you don't like it I guess it's annoying if they keep putting pieces of the arc in the review but with the recent Tron it was mostly 'Nella - review - Nella'. Just skip the beginning and end and you will be fine *shrug* Me... well, I enjoy some stupidness in between. Or at least I don't mind.

Mina Kobold
2011-05-03, 03:20 PM
Linkara actually did a survey or something on that and it turns out, based also on comments, that the majority of the fans like his storylines.

Personally I agree that the Dark Nella Saga is a bit odd but Linkara's story is usually just in the beginning and end with the occassional joke so if you don't like them you can just skip them. :smallsmile:

But it's really subjective, isn't it? I personally like Linkara's storylines but I understand that not everybody does. :smallsmile:

Welf
2011-05-03, 05:10 PM
Twilight didn't "take over" the thread, it was originally about the Nostalgia Critic putting Bella as his #1 pick as a "dumbass in distress." From its very inception it was about Twilight (or at least Doug Walker's opinion of it, which is close enough). Twilight can't "take over" this thread because that was the original point of the thread.

I thought it centred a little too much on Twilight. But you're right, it was how the thread started.

Actually, that's a topic I want to talk about in Channel Awesome myself with.

The storylines; are they a success, or do they retract from the show?
Personally, I think if they are going to have them, they should do it like they did in Kickassia, being completely self contained.

Usually I like Linkara... But the storylines are beginning to make it less enjoyable, as I don't really care. I come to CA to watch funny reviews, not get a story in of itself.

I'm not against storylines in principle. The various reviewers play a fictive persona anyway, a little more fiction can help to flesh out their characters and help the review. I think a good example is the Cannibal Holocaust (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bj/tcs/30593-cannibal-holocaust) review of Cinema Snob. He constructs a narrative around the review and strengthens his analysis. The first of the Dark Nella episodes "Krik vs. Picard" works for me for the same reason, but the latter reviews are only loosely connected to the background story and do not benefit from it. Also Nella is not really convincing as villain and takes too much of the screen time.

I don't really care of like the Linkara story lines, but as Keveak said they are only mentioned in the beginning and end and don't interfere with the reviews so I'm okay with them. And other viewers like them.

Erts
2011-05-03, 09:17 PM
Linkara actually did a survey or something on that and it turns out, based also on comments, that the majority of the fans like his storylines.

Yeah, I knew about that, but I worry that "hard-core" viewers would appreciate it more, but the casual veiwer who is just brought in expecting a review of some comics will be surprised at it starting with him talking to 3 alter ego's on a space ship with cheesy effects.

Jamin
2011-05-03, 11:51 PM
Those polls are very biased. The people who don't like the storylines are not as likely to post. The Lord Vyce stuff feels too mush like a vanity project to me. The Dark Nella stuff is funny IMO but Lord Vyce feels like he is there to make Linkara look cooler.

Lord of Rapture
2011-05-04, 04:29 AM
Those polls are very biased. The people who don't like the storylines are not as likely to post. The Lord Vyce stuff feels too mush like a vanity project to me. The Dark Nella stuff is funny IMO but Lord Vyce feels like he is there to make Linkara look cooler.

Though I agree that Lord Vyce is pretty dumb, I don't think it's fair to dismiss the polls off the bat just like that.

Jamin
2011-05-04, 02:54 PM
Though I agree that Lord Vyce is pretty dumb, I don't think it's fair to dismiss the polls off the bat just like that.

Why? If I make a poll on this forum asking if you OtS's later comics as much if not more than the earlier ones it is going to be biased. The people who dislike the later stripes are less likely to be here. I am using the same logic to say that Linkara's poll is very unreliable.

Mina Kobold
2011-05-04, 03:09 PM
Why? If I make a poll on this forum asking if you OtS's later comics as much if not more than the earlier ones it is going to be biased. The people who dislike the later stripes are less likely to be here. I am using the same logic to say that Linkara's poll is very unreliable.

Well, he has both his blog and Thatguywiththeglasses that a fan can comment in (he reads every comment) so it shouldn't be that hard to criticise the storylines.

Personally I think he may have notified the viewers in a video but otherwise it is really up to them whether they want to provide criticism or not and it's not like you pay him to make these videos so it can't be that horrible. ^_^'

Aotrs Commander
2011-05-06, 08:54 AM
I love Linkara's storylines, they're silly and cheesy at at the same time stupidly awesome. (And Spoony's nearly as bad, sometimes, and he's awesome too.) They can keep putting in storylines (or Phelous' sort-of-story-lines - yay Doctor Who thingies!) as much as they like, for my money. (It's not like Doug did it himself with the AVG "rivalary" himself.)

I've not been watching the Dark Nella saga, myself though (I don't tend to watch Lindsey's stuff much; it's not that she's not good ('cos she is), but it's not quite my cup of tea. Different strokes and all that.)

I really wanna see what Doug's cooking up for the anniversary, because it's gonna have to utterly amazing to top Kickassia. (Spoony's transformation sequence still makes me crack up, and it introduced me to Brad, and Phelous and Film Brain's stuff, which I now watch regularly.) I can believe he can top that (they're really a talented crowd over there), and I'm nearly as on tentahooks for that as for the last two episodes of My Little Po...um, I mean...um...ah...Thor. Yeah, Thor. Totally what I meant.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable spate of crossover vids too, seeing as they were great last year too.