PDA

View Full Version : Exporting PM box

pendell
2011-04-27, 03:27 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I can't immediately find the answer.

My PM box is once again up to 93%. I wish to export the contents offline in some format so I can easily read it. HTML would be preferable, but I would accept .CSV or some other mechanism.

Is there an easy way to do that with the forum software?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Elder Tsofu
2011-04-27, 03:34 PM
Can't say anything about the forum-software, but if you want to read your pm's easily I recommend downloading them as XML and using the offline-pm viewer (http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/MHS/PM_Viewer.exe) to read them.

Works splendidly when you get loads of pms. (it also comes with a search function)

pendell
2011-04-27, 03:36 PM
At the risk of sounding like a complete, utter, and total moron, how would I download my PMs in XML format?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

FyreByrd
2011-04-27, 03:39 PM
At the risk of sounding like a complete, utter, and total moron, how would I download my PMs in XML format?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

At the bottom of your Pm box is a line that states something along the lines of:

"Download All private messages as:"

And then gives you three options XML, CSV, TEXT

XML is preferred for the viewer mentioned above.

Elder Tsofu
2011-04-27, 03:41 PM
At the bottom of the pm-box page there is a link which says XML, click it and it will download it for you.
You can also mark the messages you want to download and then chose "download as XML" from the roll-down menu at the bottom (marked move to folder)

pendell
2011-04-28, 05:25 PM
Thanks!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

HalfDragonCube
2011-04-30, 02:45 PM
Thanks!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

And you might want to sig that bit on the end while you're in the user CP. Much easier than typing it every time.

Roland St. Jude
2011-04-30, 05:58 PM
Sheriff: Problem solved and thread locked!