PDA

View Full Version : True nature of Malack

Fire
2011-04-28, 10:23 AM
I was looking at former comics for hints if Malack can be a mole for Nale (and Durjon opposite) and I've found somenthing different: is he a vampire?

He is albino (easy way to conceal undeath complexion), he has peculiar dietary needs, that he has to consume in his room, (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0743.html) and may have a different way of having children (just need to find the right person, not mate companion, and will have a "special bond" with them). (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0764.html)

Yet we apparently see him in direct sunlight. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0750.html)

Just Red herrings?

MesiDoomstalker
2011-04-28, 10:29 AM
Since The Giant does not follow D&D rules and guildlines to a T, this is a possiblity. Not extremly likely in my opinion, as I think Malack is N or LN, but still a possibility.

Deliverance
2011-04-28, 10:42 AM
I was looking at former comics for hints if Malack can be a mole for Nale (and Durjon opposite) and I've found somenthing different: is he a vampire?

NOT AGAIN!

Okay, the short answer is: we don't know. The long answer is: doesn't seem likely. The extra-long answer is: yes, of course we can construct a case for Malack being a vampire who doesn't look like the Roy-vampire imagined earlier in the comic and doesn't speak with an undead speech bubble and survives sunlight and so on and so forth, but... we already did so.

Look back a few months in the archives when Malack was first introduced and you'll find several threads dealing with this issue in way more detail than you are likely to want to stomach. :smallbiggrin:

ThePhantasm
2011-04-28, 11:57 AM
NOT AGAIN!

Okay, the short answer is: we don't know. The long answer is: doesn't seem likely. The extra-long answer is: yes, of course we can construct a case for Malack being a vampire who doesn't look like the Roy-vampire imagined earlier in the comic and doesn't speak with an undead speech bubble and survives sunlight and so on and so forth, but... we already did so.

Look back a few months in the archives when Malack was first introduced and you'll find several threads dealing with this issue in way more detail than you are likely to want to stomach. :smallbiggrin:

Yes indeed. This was brought up before and discounted a number of times. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, but there are a number of things that point toward him NOT being a vampire.

G-Man Graves
2011-04-28, 12:02 PM
Yes indeed. This was brought up before and discounted a number of times. Doesn't mean it isn't possible, but there are a number of things that point toward him NOT being a vampire.

First and foremost of these is that he did not sparkle even ONCE when he was out in the sun.

EpilepticWombat
2011-04-28, 02:49 PM
You know, it took an extended and very geeky conversation in Spanish class today for me to realize that a vampire lizard priest is actually kind of incredibly bizarre.

Weirdness myopia? Apparently so.

Xacal
2011-04-28, 06:51 PM
He's no mere undead vampire... He's the LIZGREAPER!!!! :smallfurious:
:smallbiggrin:
Seriously, though, I guess he COULD be. Just one of those theories that neither has supporting evidence or evidence to the contrary. He'll probably be slain by Durkon's magic, though, if I had to guess. And then, being a vampire or not probably won't help too much.