PDA

View Full Version : Best spells for a Tippyverse style trap Boulevard?

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-28, 10:38 AM
Hi there, I was wondering what everyone thought were the best spells for a Tippyverse-style 'trap boulevard' in a major city, that people could walk down, which would take care of most physical necessities for people.

This is what I've figured out so far:

Start with a Good Hope trap (You have a pleasant feeling of well-being, and are more willing to go through the rest of the walk!), then Prestidigitation (Cleaning - you're effectively bathed!) trap, followed by an Endure Elements (you don't need shelter!) trap, followed by a Make Whole (your gear and clothes are fixed!), Followed by a Lesser Restoration (You don't have to sleep, and some ability damage is healed!), followed by a Panacea (cure misc ailments and do some wound healing!), followed by a Create Food and Water (STEW for your bowl!), followed by a Purify Food and Drink (longer-lasting stew!), followed by a Prestidigitation (Flavoring so you have tasty stew!) trap.

Undercroft
2011-04-28, 10:44 AM
Perhaps one of the emotion affecting spells (can't remember any off the top of my head), essentially something to project comfort and happyness to keep the peons complacent and your iron will unchallenged.

Other than that, not really sure.

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-28, 10:51 AM
Maybe Good Hope?

Edit -- added to the mix.

The Glyphstone
2011-04-28, 11:12 AM
You forgot Mindrape.:smallwink: Daily reinforcement of their unquestioned loyalty and a compulsion to do it again tomorrow.

Undercroft
2011-04-28, 12:31 PM
Happiness is mandatory citizen!

Calm emotions i think would be the best low budget choice. 2nd level cleric spell, but has the advantage of keeping targets from initiating hostile actions

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-28, 12:52 PM
Anything especially useful from the psionics rules?

Also, Calm Emotions doesn't last very long... *checks* neither does Elation.

I think a minute or two of Good Hope for a nice little buzz at the end might be enough?

Edit -- added.

nedz
2011-04-28, 02:50 PM
Hi there, I was wondering what everyone thought were the best spells for a Tippyverse-style 'trap boulevard' in a major city, that people could walk down, which would take care of their needs.

I'm not sure I can post the answer to that one here. Most mundane cities seem to have such streets anyway.:smallbiggrin:

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-28, 03:02 PM
I'm not sure I can post the answer to that one here. Most mundane cities seem to have such streets anyway.:smallbiggrin:

Oy, right... I gotta edit the post, ya pervert...

Curious
2011-04-28, 03:10 PM
You forgot Mindrape.:smallwink: Daily reinforcement of their unquestioned loyalty and a compulsion to do it again tomorrow.

. . .
I must now create a city of mindless peons under the complete control of a despotic overlord (me) via this method.

Doc Roc
2011-04-28, 03:20 PM
Probably some basic stat-buff spells, since they have fairly long durations. A boost to Int would be fairly traditional for a utopian game.

How long does improvisation last?

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-28, 03:40 PM
Improvisation lasts a round a level. Maybe a long duration skill buff...

*checks* Looks like a level 3 Divine Insight, lasting 3 hours until expended, giving a +7 to a check would probably be most useful!

Wait, it's a Personal spell. I wanna stay away from Personal spells as much as possible... I need to check if any in the list are Personal spells...

*checks* Nope, none found. Besides, Good Hope gives bonus on skills for a LITTLE bit...

The Glyphstone
2011-04-28, 04:59 PM
Is there any rule that prevents Metamagiced spells from being put into a trap?

Gavinfoxx
2011-04-28, 05:55 PM
Is there any rule that prevents Metamagiced spells from being put into a trap?

I've no clue, really... what were you thinking of doing?

Anyway... stuff to add... some vision enhancers, maybe? Superior Darkvision, Low Light Vision?