PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Naming Some Things

Gourtox
2011-04-28, 05:30 PM
In a sort of pet project of mine I'm building a world (For a story possibly), but as always I need some help naming some things.

First off we have Shamans to rename. Shamans are magic users who can summon elementals and gain power from those elementals.

Warblades are also in desperate need of a new name. Warblades are magic users who channel magic through their weapons(Not all actually have a blade).

Also I would like some names for countries. I currently have come up with Coalition of Tribal states, Draictha(Draistha), Germor(gere-more), and Salany(Sala-nee).

Shpadoinkle
2011-04-28, 06:25 PM
Um... I seem to be missing something. What exactly are you asking for help naming? Do you want to rename the shaman and warblade classes, or are you looking for names of significant persons with those classes, or what?

Gourtox
2011-04-28, 06:36 PM
Um... I seem to be missing something. What exactly are you asking for help naming? Do you want to rename the shaman and warblade classes, or are you looking for names of significant persons with those classes, or what?

I apologiize for the confusion. I want to rename the shaman and warblade classes.

alchemyprime
2011-04-28, 07:04 PM
In a sort of pet project of mine I'm building a world (For a story possibly), but as always I need some help naming some things.

First off we have Shamans to rename. Shamans are magic users who can summon elementals and gain power from those elementals.

Warblades are also in desperate need of a new name. Warblades are magic users who channel magic through their weapons(Not all actually have a blade).

Also I would like some names for countries. I currently have come up with Coalition of Tribal states, Draictha(Draistha), Germor(gere-more), and Salany(Sala-nee).

TO SEVENTH SANCTUM!

Evoker Heretic... hm... Evoker sounds not too bad, but maybe... kadji? Clever men? An oceanic shaman term.

As for the warblade... hm... Templar is a favorite word. Maybe make them all have their own types. So... Draictemplar, Gertemplar, Salatemplar. Maybe?

Gourtox
2011-04-29, 03:19 PM
TO SEVENTH SANCTUM!

Evoker Heretic... hm... Evoker sounds not too bad, but maybe... kadji? Clever men? An oceanic shaman term.

As for the warblade... hm... Templar is a favorite word. Maybe make them all have their own types. So... Draictemplar, Gertemplar, Salatemplar. Maybe?

I kind of like evoker, but I'm not too sure about Templar. Doesn't quite fit with the feel of Warblades. One other name I have thought of was Beckoner for the shaman.