PDA

View Full Version : IC Lost Oasis

Gibbertron
2011-04-28, 05:35 PM
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10882920#post10882920)

PART ONE: THE ROAD

The caravan trundles down the pilgrims road toward Silver Springs. You departed two nights ago following the northward road through the arid badlands. All around you are rocks and twisted pillars of stone, some shaped and painted into cruel faces a macabre scenery by the goblin tribes of the region. The road winds through a twisted maze of canyons and gorges. You set out with six wagons loaded with spices, wines, ales, pottery, ointments food stuff and other trinkets. The big wagons lumber behind pairs of Kanks, large beetle like creatures whose hungry mandibles munch at desert grass and weeds.

Orthos sits at the head of the party on a canopied and cushioned wagon drinking wine and flirting with a duo of nubile slaves. Behind the train of wagons trails a ragged line of slaves followed by taskmasters whose whips urge them forward.

The days have been long and hot, your mouth is dry and your lips are eternally chapped and cracking in this arid heat. The sun is high this day and beats down cruely on you and your party. "This has got to be one of the hottest summers in ages or 'm a kanks backside" spits one of the other caravan guards. "And nary a wisp of wind neither" The voice belongs To Halak a towering half orc, his face is a sickly network of scars and scabs and his yellow eyes seem to ooze puss continually. He wears the ash coloured robes of an earth priest and guzzles water hungrily as he talks.

Behind you one of the slaves drops from exhaustion. She is barely fourteen and her breath come in ragged gasps. From behind her you hear one of the taskmaster bark "up you dog." His long barbed whip cracks across her back she moans feebly but makes no move to rise.
"I SAID UP" he cracks her again his hand rising and falling rhythmically drawing rivulets of blood.

Ninjabob
2011-04-28, 06:07 PM
Fanhorn takes one look at the slave being whipped and walks up to the taskmaster. He grabs his arm as the whip is coming down and says:
I think whipping her will not make her get up faster. I tell you what, how much does this slave cost? She is obviously of no use to you, and you can make some copper out of it. What do ya say?

Gibbertron
2011-04-28, 06:37 PM
The mans eyes narrow as you clutch his hand. The other slaves and camp followers turn to stare at the standoff. Suddenly the man throws back his head with a great laugh "your pity will be the death of you young master." He looks you up and down "lets call it an even ten pieces, though you'll have to carry her and I doubt she is worth the bother."

Ninjabob
2011-04-28, 06:56 PM
10 pieces it is. He says, handing over the money. He goes over to the girl and says:
I just bought you. I have no need of you so there is only one thing to do.
He picks her up and carries her to Victor.
Victor! I just saved this girl from the whip. Do you have a cart I can put her on until she regains her strength?

Aron Times
2011-04-28, 07:49 PM
"A seemingly noble gesture, but it only serves to perpetuate the cycle. By buying her off of him, you only encourage him to get more slaves." Victor drones on and on. "Much like stealing from the rich to give to the poor, but I digress." Victor pauses for a bit as tries to sense if the girl has any spellcasting ability, waiting until he is done before replying to the question.

Gibbertron
2011-04-28, 08:05 PM
Halak Follows as Fanhon makes his way to Vicotrs cart "I must agree with our friend here, it was a kind thing you did lad but foolish. Keep your eyes on her. I was there when they picked her up from the knife pits of Nibenay, she'd as soon slit your throat as thank you." He draws his finger across his throat as he says this.

OOC
@victor
Please make a spell craft check to discern if she has any magical talent

Ninjabob
2011-04-28, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the advise. I think I will take my chances. If one can be saved, so can many. Besides, she reminded me of my sister.
He says with a pained look on his face. He looks at the girl, with a distant look in his eyes, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

Aron Times
2011-04-28, 10:22 PM
"Your loss, friend. Can't you smell the noble blood within her? She's a sorcerer, and we'll fetch quite a sum to her when we turn her over to the Templars." Victor puts on as evil a grin as he can. "Maybe next time, you wouldn't be too hasty to get rid of a diamond in the rough?" Victor winks at his companion to signal deception.

Spellcraft - Take 10: 15, if Take 10 is not applicable, [roll0]
Bluff - Take 10: 17, otherwise, [roll1]

If the girl is not a sorcerer, Victor of the Sands will trick the half-orc into thinking that he got a bad deal, just to spite him, since Victor doesn't like slavers. If she is a sorcerer, please ignore the second roll.

Gibbertron
2011-04-28, 10:44 PM
@victor
After carefully examining the girl it is apparent that she has no latent magical talent

@joseph occ
I think you may have misunderstood. Halak is a cleric and guard with the caravan he was not the taskmaster whipping the young girl, that was a different as yet unnamed npc. My apologies if my description was unclear.

Halak barks a laugh "She was not my slave lad, and sorcerer or no she's dangerous. If she's as you say best to slay her now and sell the blood. Tisn't wise to meddle with knife fighters from the pits, 'specially ones that can cast a hex while you sleep."

Aron Times
2011-04-29, 08:03 PM
"Well, I guess we better be moving on."

Ninjabob
2011-04-29, 10:53 PM
Agreed. Hopefully she gets better so we can talk to her some more. Fanhorn says, carrying her gently, like a baby in a mother's arms. You can see a look of tenderness in his face, and a wistfull smile upon his lips.

Gibbertron
2011-04-29, 11:43 PM
The caravan continues on its way through the rocky badlands. Sheer rock walls rear up unevenly on either side of the trial blocking the sun at times and drawing long shadows.
You notice a stillness in the air and the circling of buzzards up high over head. The kanks seem restless and their handlers twist the reigns hard to keep them on track. In the distance you hear calls like the yapping of wild dogs but they are odd more like speech then animal calls.

Perception rolls to decide surprise:
Jakken [roll0]
Victor [roll1]
Fanhon [roll2]

Only Victor is surprised this round, you may take no action and are considered flat footed. Please still roll you initiative

Suddenly a shadow darkens the sky, as you gaze upward you see a rock the size of a mans head sail through the air toward one of the caravans. The rock shatters the wood walls of the wagon sending a spray of splitters and apples chunks though the air.
Your eyes follow the trajectory of the missile and see a large hairy humanoid standing atop one of the ledges not 50 feet away. The beast stands nearly seven feet high and its slack jawed mouth dips long lines of drool. Its pelt is patched and mangy and even from this distance you can see purplish scabs from where the beast has scratched its fleas.
As your eyes lock on the beast it bends down picks up another rock preparing to throw.

OOCevery one please roll initiative. Then declare your action and roll for the result. Once I have every ones actions I will conclude the round.

Also I have yet to hear from godgoblin. If he has not posted by the time every one else has I will control his character

GodGoblin
2011-04-30, 09:51 AM
Until now Jakken has remained silent on the journey, only speaking to help avoid any hidden dangers within the desert. With the debris flying around him the old man grips his staff tightly and heaves himself up and off the cart. Now standing he calls out to his canine companion and squints into the distance to try and identify the attacker fully. "Kane! Kill it!" the withered man spits from dry lips.

Initiative- [roll0]
Can I identify the creature and its abilities/flaws ect? I have a +7 knowledge nature. Would roll it but its a passive check like spot so its probably best to leave it to you.

Using the attack trick to order Kane to charge in at the attacker.

Aron Times
2011-04-30, 03:38 PM
Too slow to react, Victor fumbles for his trusty crossbow as the enemy closes.

Initiative [roll0]

Gibbertron
2011-04-30, 08:15 PM
@Jakken
Knowledge nature 1d20+7

OCC
Please also roll your attack and any attack your companion might make. In future make these rolls at the same time you roll for initiative. That way I can compile all the actions, put them in the correct order and end the round quicker.
Also do you also plan on charging the beast?

OOCThe creature stands atop an 8 foot rocky ledge. Any one attempting to approach him and enter melee must make a double move action which includes a climb check (DC 12).

Gibbertron
2011-04-30, 08:17 PM
@Jekken
Ok lets try this again.
Knowledge Nature [roll0]

Peering through the sand and the spray of wood you study the creature atop the ledge. You take in it's great hairy muzzle more like the great dune bears of the south then a man. Two tusks erupt from the beasts lower jaw giving it a tremendous underbite and allowing a steady stream of drool to fall to the ground. All of this already leads you to your conclusion but it is the ears that really give it away. Long and elfish but worn and ragged with yellow vains rimming the inside. Ears like that can only belong to a Bug Bear.
Two things immediately enter you mind as you realize the beasts true nature. One: that Bugbears never hunt alone. No doubt it has minions buzzing about these hills. And two: these creature never run, never surrender and never give up chase. Your only hope is to kill the thing quick.

Ninjabob
2011-04-30, 11:11 PM
Fanhorn, realizing he has no chance of beating the enemy in ranged combat, he puts the girl down and pulls out his sword while running towards the creature.

Gibbertron
2011-05-01, 08:06 AM
@Fanhon
You forgot to roll your initiative and climb check to reach the Bugbear. I will roll these for you this time. Please remember to roll these when you declare an action in the future.

Fanhon Initiative:[roll0]
Fanhon Climb:[roll1]

OOC

Just a note on how I would like to run combat:

Step 1: I will call for initiative.

Step 2: players roll for Initiative. At the same time they declare character action and roll for the outcomes.
Example: Player1 Initiative 12. Declares that he will jump the gorge and attack the dragon (rolls for Jump 15/ rolls for attack 27 /rolls for damage 8.

Step 3 Once all players have posted their actions and appropriate rolls I will describe the action and conclude the round.

Step 4 any rolls the player fail to make while declaring actions will be rolled by DM

If we follow the above it will tremendously speed up combat.

Note: Also please feel free to describe in detail the actions that your player is taking. I will take care to include your descriptions in mine.

Wargor
2011-05-01, 09:26 AM
OOC: Darnath's Description
Not many people has seen Darnath's face in recent years; it's usually hidden by his turban, the long tail of which is wrapped round his face until only his piercing green eyes are visible. He dresses in dark coloured flowing clothes that hide as much skin as possible, over which he wears his armour for when he must fight. Those who do see him without his headgear would find his hair to be long and black, and his skin to have a naturally dark tan.

Darnath stands smoothly from the cart he had been sat on, where he had been silently scanning for an attack. Positioning himself, he pulls an arrow from the quiver at his belt and nocks it, sights along the bow, and lets it fly at the creature.

Initiative roll - [roll0]
Knowledge to recognise it - [roll1]
Attack Roll - [roll2]
Damage Roll - [roll3] (Including my favoured enemy bonus)

Aron Times
2011-05-01, 09:00 PM
Victor hurries to dive behind cover, from which he can incapacitate a bandit or three with a Sleep spell.

Surprise Round: Flat-footed - No action.
Round 1: Take cover behind the wagons and cast Sleep (4 HD, Will negates DC 14) on the nearest group of two or more hostiles within range.

Gibbertron
2011-05-01, 09:54 PM
Enemy initiative
Bugbear [roll0]
?? [roll1]

Initiative list

Darnath
Jekken/??
Fanhon
Joseph/Bugbear

Gibbertron
2011-05-01, 10:23 PM
Surprise Round Results

Darneth lets loose an arrow which sails through the air with deadly purpose. It strikes the bugbear in the neck bringing forth a gout of blood and a howl of bewildered rage from the beast.

Kane charges from Jekkens side toward the bugbear with a snarl. The hound bounds up the rock wall with a mighty leap.

kanes climb check

At the same time nearly a half dozen stocky creature erupt out of the cracks and crevices of the gorge. They are armed long crooked knives and hooks which they wield with deadly efficiency.
They cause pandemonium in the camp slashing at slave and wagon master alike. Their dog like snarls echo in the gorge as they chase their quarry bitting and howling wildly.
Two of the creatures swarm on Victor as he looks on with stunned surprise. Another two head toward Darneth and Jekken.

Attacks on victor Att 1 [roll1] damage [roll2]
Att 2 [roll3] dam [roll4]

Attack on Darneth [roll5] dam [roll6]

attack on Jekken [roll7] dam [roll8]

Cruel barbed hooks poke and tear at Victor drawing blood.

Fanhon Charges the rock wall with a powerful leap. He grasps the edge of the ledge which gives way dropping him back to the bottom of the dusty gorge.

The bug bear recovering from his wound rears up rock in hand and launches it toward Fanhon

Bugbear attack against Fanhon [roll]1d20+3 DaM 1d6+2

Gibbertron
2011-05-01, 10:26 PM
Bugbear attacks take 2
[roll0] Dam[roll1]

The rock sails over Fanhons head and shatters on the crevice floor.

Surveying the battlefield you can see six of the stocky dog like creatures running around the wagons. Two currently swarm over Victor, another two are engaged in combat with Darnath and Jekken. The final two scurry around the caravan slashing at slaves and wagon drivers.
Halak Stands off to one side of the caravan clearly stunned by the initial attack. However, it appears that he is getting his wits back and has begun to mutter the beginnings of a prayer.

Every one can know declare and roll for any actions for round one. I am also still waiting on any action that Jekken may have taken during the surprise round.

Ninjabob
2011-05-01, 11:18 PM
Fanhon flinches as the rock flies over his head. He decides that the things on the ground are of a more immediate threat. He turns and charges the one that is closest to him

Charge on closest enemy(other than bugbear) 1d20+ 5 AC-2 for this turn
Damage [roll0]

Ninjabob
2011-05-01, 11:20 PM
let's try that attack again [roll0]

Ninjabob
2011-05-01, 11:22 PM
dang 60 second rule. lets go for that attack again... again [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-02, 01:57 AM
"Bah you wretched mut!" Jakken spits as the Bug bear slices at him. He steps back from the creature, raises his staff and thrusts it forward with an inaudible shout as he summons aid and a snake bursts forth from the sands to attack his foe. Kane, his companion continues his assault on the first creature.

Casting Summon natures ally I in place of Calm Animals.
Snake attack- Bite:[roll0] Damage:[roll1] Poison DC10. Con damage Primary:[roll2] Con damage secondary:[roll3]

Kane attack- Bite:[roll4] Damage:[roll5]

Wargor
2011-05-02, 08:06 AM
Darnath smoothly takes a step back, putting some distance between himself and the attacking creature. Calmly nocking another arrow, he aims and lets it loose at the thing that had attacked him.

Free five foot step back
Knowledge to recognise it as I'm guessing these aren't bugbears? - [roll0]
Attack Roll - [roll1]
Damage Roll - [roll2] - I haven't included my favoured enemy bonus here, if I should have then please add it on.

Gibbertron
2011-05-02, 10:10 AM
@Darneth
The vile and constant barking of these little creatures can only be that of Kobolds also known as desert dogs by your people. You harken back to past battles with these demons of the desert; you remember their use of sharp-edged weapons crude and simple; designed for maximum pain not martial efficiency. You also remember their intense love of fire and the tiny vials of alchemical fire they carry with them at all times. No sooner has this thought occurred that you see one of the desert dogs reach for it's belt and pull forth a thin cylinder filled with milky liquid.

Gibbertron
2011-05-02, 01:40 PM
Round One Results

Halak Initiative [roll0]

Halak hurries toward the bugbear whispering words of power. As he arrives at the ledge he stops at the bottom pointing his hammer toward the great beast. He sends forth a wave of divine energy which staggers the lumbering creature.
Bugbear Will save against Doom [roll1]

The bugbear shakes his head groggily ignoring the effecting of Halaks incantation.

Darneth steps back letting loose another arrow at the scurrying kobold. The tiny creature tries to leap out of the way but barley has a chance to turn when the arrow pierces his skull; flying straight through and embedding itself in a wagon.

Jekken utters the word of a spell; in a burst of divine magic he calls forth a cobra which rears back and lunges at the Kobold. The desert dog dodges the attack as he thrusts his spear toward Jekkens heart.
Kobold attack on Jekken [roll2] dam [roll3]

Kane leaps toward the bugbears throat but is backhanded away before he can bite the bugbears neck.

The kobold continue to circle Victor taking turns poking at him with their long curved weapons
Attacks on Victor [roll4] dam [roll5]
[roll6] dam [roll7]

One kobold spotting Fanhons charge grabs a vial from his belt and hurls it toward the oncoming fighter. As he hurls the vial Fanhon barges into him crushing his skull with one swift swing of his hammer.
Ranged touch attack [roll8] dam (fire) [1d6]

Jekken shouts words of power. Arcane energy swirling around him like a dust devil. He sends the cyclone of arcane wind to envelop the kobolds that surround him.
Kobold will save vs sleep [roll9]
[roll10]

Both the kobolds stagger before falling over one another in a heap.

The bugbear emits a howl of rage and draws his massive morning star the top of which is stone and spiked with bones. He whirls it around his head brining it down on Kane.
Bugbear attack vs kane [roll11] dam [roll12]

Gibbertron
2011-05-02, 01:43 PM
fire damage on Fanhon[roll0]
You are now on fire and take 1d6 damage every round unless you take a full round action to put out the flames

Rd one complete you can now call and roll for actions in rd two

Ninjabob
2011-05-02, 01:46 PM
Fanhon realizes that Victor needs his help. He charges one, screaming at them all to get their attention

attack[roll0] -2 AC
Damage[roll1]

Wargor
2011-05-02, 04:08 PM
Beneath his face wrap Darnath smiles a grim smile at the Kobolds death. With the immediate danger gone, he turns his attention back to the Bugbear. He draws, nocks and lets lose in one smooth motion.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] - Includes my FE bonus.

Aron Times
2011-05-02, 05:36 PM
All three strikes hit the pottery merchant, but he manages to let loose a Sleep spell before going out cold.

Victor is currently at -1/8 HP and bleeding.
Stabilization Roll: [roll0]

91 to 100 stabilizes (10%).
Edit: Victor stabilizes at -1/8 HP.

GodGoblin
2011-05-03, 07:00 AM
Jekken reels back from the blow and once again calls out to the elements to send aid, resulting in a large hyena to burst out from the desert sands.

Kane continues to gnaw away at the Bugbear.

Casting summon natures ally once again- Summons a Wolf.
Attack- [roll0] Damage- [roll1]. If successful will trip as well. Trip attempt- [roll2]

Kane- Attack- [roll3] Damage- [roll4]

Gibbertron
2011-05-03, 08:06 AM
Round Two Results

Darneths third arrow streaks toward the bugbears heart; the beast lifts its morning star and bats the arrow from the sky before it can strike him down.

Halak once again points toward the beast on the ledge. He finishes a prayer and then shouts as loud as he can. The resulting scream shakes the chasam walls. Everyone within a stones throw clutches their ears at the piercing noise. A wave of sonic energy blasts forth striking both the Bugbear and Kane.
Sound burst damage [roll0]
save vs stun dc 15: Bugbear Fort save: [roll1]
Kane fort save:[roll2]

A hyena bursts forth from the sand before Jekken and leaps toward the startled Kobold. The hyenas teeth lock around the little creatures neck; you hear a tiny crack as the kobold goes limp. The hyena tosses the body aside and scans the battle field.
Kane wobbles uneasily and seems rooted in the spot by the effects of Halaks spell
Kane is stunned till next round, he gets no action this round.

The one remaining conscious Kobold looks up from the slave it just cut down and peers around horrified. "Progo no sign up for 'dis"she barks in her crude tounge before dashing off; tail between her legs and yapping maddly"yipe yipe yipe yipe"

Fanhon charges toward the unconscious kobold sleeping before the prone Victor. Fanhons body still burns; green flames lick at his cloths and hair. He is a horrifying sight and the caravan followers leap out of the way of his ferocious charge. He easily crushes the skull of the nearest sleeping kobold.
Fire damage on Fanhon [roll3]

The bugbear enraged at seeing its minions run swings its great weapon at the Jackal.
Attack on Kane [roll4] dam [roll5]
Kanes ac is 12 for this round due to the stun effect.

Ninjabob
2011-05-03, 08:17 AM
Fanhon realizes being on fire is not good for one's health, so he beats out the flames

Wargor
2011-05-05, 10:59 AM
The only sign of Darneth's annoyance at missing is a slightly tightening round the eyes. He calmly draws another arrow from his quiver, nocking it and drawing it back in one smooth action. He takes a moment to get the creature in his sights before loosing the arrow.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sorry, hadn't realised another round had started :smallredface:

GodGoblin
2011-05-06, 03:57 AM
Jekken remains where he stands while barking at Kane "Kill it you old mut!" while still on the look out for other enemies.

Ordering Kane to keep attacking- Attack- [roll0] Damage- [roll1]

Gibbertron
2011-05-06, 08:00 AM
Darneth squints through the dirt and the dust and fires off his final arrow.

The bugbear pounces back and forth swinging wildly without finesse or grace. He lumbers around the growling jackal shouting curses in orcish and goblin; suddenly his face contorts in confusion. He only has a moment to look down and see the end of Darneths arrow sticking from his gut before Kane is upon him tearing as his throat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking around the battle field you see the survivors climbing out from behind wagons or rocks; bleary eyed and still trembling. The dead lay in ragged heaps but thankfully there are few of them. Many more are wounded and their groans echo in the ravine. You spot Victor; he is pale and breathing shallowly it appears he has lost quite a bit of blood.

From under the lead wagon you see a pudgy shape wiggle forward and stand up. Orthos brushes sand and dust from his expensive silk ropes; in his hand he holds a wine skin which he lifts to his lip; when nothing comes out he peers into it with one eye shut before tossing it to the ground. He then adjusts his turban and puffs his chest in an attempt to look regal. "Right then jolly good work lads" he shouts at no one in particular. He peers around the ruined wagons before continuing "Don't think we'll be getting anywhere before sun fall tonight. Halak! Give me a report on the dead and wounded. Falin!" a thin sharp nosed man steps forward "I want a full reprt on how many slave we lost and what thats gonna cost me. And you guards" he points to you I want my tent set and ready before the hour is out; AND SOME ONE BRING ME SOME BLOODY WINE

The camp begins to carry out Orthos orders. Halak turns and spits into the sand as he heads toward the wounded "old salt tongue will have us wiping his backside before the trip is out, you mark me."

Halak comes to Victor first; he grimaces as he lays his hands upon the pottery merchant. Begrudgingly he whispers a healing spell over him.
cure light wounds [roll0]

As Victor wakes Halak pulls his hand away in disgust "That the last favor I do for you Maleficarum" He spits the last word; "next time I leave you to bleed out."

Halak is not the only one who looks on victor with disgust and fear. Many of the other caravan followers give him a wide berth and whisper softly as they see him wake:"best to let the desert take him",
"Tis a bad omen to have a sorrecer with us","why would Orthos bring such a man on our journey, he will no doubt eat our souls while we sleep."

OOC
Please take this opportunity to flesh out your characters as much as possible. You will be camped for the remainder of the day into the night. Now is a great time to build relationships and interact with the various Pcs/Npcs. Now would also be a good time for any flash back scenes if you feel so inclined.

GodGoblin
2011-05-06, 08:25 AM
"Kane! Here!" The old man shouts to his companion followed by a spluttering cough. He kneels down and scratches its head on its return "See you still got life in those old bones"

Jekken looks over to Victor at the talk of Sorcerers, wandering towards him he begins to speak "Sorcerer? Hmm get up boy let me look at you" Jekken eyes Victor up and down and gazes directly into his eyes "Well certainly doesnt look like a Defiler to me, and I wouldnt worry about your souls. Spend enough time out here and it you wont have a soul worth eating. He chuckles to himself.

Aron Times
2011-05-06, 11:53 AM
Victor laughs. "It seems there is at least someone here who can tell the difference between a Preserver and a Defiler." He looks at each of his fellow heroes from head to toe. "And none of you are Defilers yourselves. I thank you, by the way."

"So, gentlemen, since I've been outed prematurely, I was wondering if you would be interested in helping make the world green again. Imagine, Athas, as it once was, a lush, verdant paradise where 3/4 of the surface is covered by water! A world where you never have to labor under the hot sun!"

"I have some... friends... who are interested in those willing to make the world a better place by punishing those who destroyed it. If all the Defilers are dead, then their stolen energy will return to the world, and IT. WILL. BE. GLORIOUS. AGAIN!"

/ham

Wargor
2011-05-06, 12:11 PM
Darnath keeps a contemptuous eye on the sorcerer but mostly ignores the madman's ravings, you never could trust them. Especially when they're fighting for a cause. Men who fight and kill for money, they're easy to understand, but when it's for a cause? Well, that just makes them unpredictable. And nothing is more unpredictable than a man on a mission with a head full of spells. Nothing. He stops his line of thought with a snort as he calmly walks the battlefield, looking to see if he can retrieve any of his arrows. He also checks the bodies of the creatures for anything valuable that he might be able to sell.

OOC
Just want to make it clear, when I use italics and no speech marks then it's just thoughts.

Ninjabob
2011-05-06, 02:42 PM
Fanhon says I don't care about politics. I Just want to find my family's killers. When I do, they will be sure to suffer the same way my family suffered.
He walks over to the girl he bought and checks to see if she is alright

/ooc
Is she awake? I have some questions for her.

Gibbertron
2011-05-06, 07:31 PM
@Darneth
Knelling over the fallen bodies of the kobold you dig throughout their belts and pouches. They hold little of any value aside from the cruel looking knives they carry; a few twigs crudely tied together to make bizarre symbols, bits of bone and pelt, smoothed and polished rocks of varying texture and about 25 bits.
Looking about the Bugbear you find much of the same thing. Only two items jump out at you; one is a small delicate wand no more then a foot and a half in length. It is topped with a small fragile sphere of glass; inside the glass is filled about half way with a dull milky liquid.
The other item is a holy symbol etched in obsidian and inlaid with silver. It depicts three wavy lines on top of another in a neat stack.

@Fanhon
It has only been a few hours since she fainted under the taskmasters whip and the small girl still lays unconscious. Her breathing is steadier then it was earlier but she will need at least till night fall to gather her strength.

OOC

Every one please collect 265xp.

Please let me know when you are ready to make camp and bed down for the night and I will move the story along. Otherwise please continue to interact with each other and the NPCs. The relationships you build now will impact the direction of the campaign

Ninjabob
2011-05-06, 08:05 PM
Fanhon picks up the girl and carries her over to his next stop, Halak. He asks "I got hurt in the battle, would you kindly heal me? And don't worry about the sorceror, I will keep an eye on him. One false move and whump! He tries to illustrate his point but ends up flailing wildly, because he could not move his arms well while carrying the girl.
I shouldn't have done that. He says, his face flushing with embaracement.

Aron Times
2011-05-06, 08:38 PM
Victor of the Sands grins and winks. "Oh, you're going to keep an eye on me, are you, handsome?" He then goes through the dead bandits with Detect Magic, in the hopes that their attackers brought some magical trinkets with them.

Spells
0th-Level: 4/5
1st-Level: 3/4

Ninjabob
2011-05-06, 10:04 PM
Fanhon turns to face Victor and winks, letting him in on the deception, saying "Ya, I'll keep an eye on you, so keep your toes on the line!/

Gibbertron
2011-05-06, 10:12 PM
@Fanhon

Diplomacy Roll on Halak [roll0]
The +2 is a situational modifier for helping the slave.
Halak face contorts in disgusted rage at your request. "Ack, get away from me lad and stop your pesterin. Can't you see I've got enough on my plate as is, cant be spoilin spells on every bootlick and rider that comes a callin. Now leave me be and tend to that whelp of yours"he says pointing to the girl in your arms. Halak walks away grumbling and cursing under his breath.

@Victor
The only item that lights up before your eyes is the wand that Darneth stole off the bugbears body. It glows a pale blue under your spell and the liquid in its glass seems to pulsate.

Aron Times
2011-05-06, 10:23 PM
Victor calls out to Darneth. "Excuse me, good sir! Those two items you picked up are magical. May I examine them?"

Ninjabob
2011-05-06, 11:05 PM
Fanhon pours some water down the girl's throat. He goes over to Jekken and asks "Could you check up on her? I'm afraid I'm not to skilled in such matters."
He leaves here there and checks up on Darnath, saying "I have some skill in judging the worth of items, let me have a look."
appraise check [roll0]

Ninjabob
2011-05-06, 11:06 PM
reroll because it didn't work. [roll0]

Wargor
2011-05-07, 05:15 AM
Darneth slips the wand and the holy symbol into a pocket and leaves the bodies to rot, making his way back to the centre of the caravan. As he passes a slave master he stops and turns to him. "Get some of your people to remove the bodies, we wouldn't want scavengers coming down in the middle of the camp." His voice is soft but deadly, and he locks eyes with the man, showing him how serious he is, before carrying on walking.

At Victors shout he stops again, considering the offer. "You may. But know this, try and steal them from me, and I will kill you." His voice offers no empty threat; he is deadly serious.

GodGoblin
2011-05-07, 07:47 AM
"Fine let me look at her" Jekken lays the girl onto the cart and begins to tend to her wounds and generally keep an eye on her. "Young ones! Bring me some bowls, after that we are all in need of some water"

Heal Check- [roll0]

Bring me some containers and I can cast Create water :smallsmile:

Gibbertron
2011-05-07, 08:16 AM
@Jekken
A few slave hurry off to fetch you bowls before disappearing to to take care of other camp business. You spend the next half hour or so tending to the girls many wounds in the peace and quiet of one of the covered wagons. Amid crates oranges from Nibenay and stacks papyrus from Draj you clean and stitch the girls wounds.
You take the time to study her a little closer. She is young but battle hardened; a long ragged scar makes its way from her neck all the way across her left eye leaving it opaque and functionless. She is clearly half elven judging from the ears; though one is tattered as if bitten by some beast. He skin is dark and leathery and you have no doubt she has spent much of her life traversing the wastes.
As you clean the wounds you notice that her right hand is clutched tightly around something.
Perception Vs Slight of hand
Girl [roll0]
Jekken [roll1]
I will award the tie to Jekken

You peer closer noticing a tiny shard of pottery clutched in her hand. As you discover this the girl leaps up swinging at your face. Warned by your discovery you lunge backward and the shard misses your face by inches.
The girl scurries to the back of the wagon huddling amid crates. She shakes like a tumble weed in the wind."Come no closer to Kia or she spill winkled man"

Aron Times
2011-05-07, 03:59 PM
Victor analyzes the potion. He takes a whiff of it and tastes a drop.

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]

Next comes the wand. What spell does it contain?

Knowledge: Arcana [roll1]

Gibbertron
2011-05-07, 08:48 PM
@Victor

ooc
The wand is topped with a small glass vial filled with liquid they are not two separate items. I will use your first roll to determine your success.
Taking the wand you peer deeply into the swirling fluid atop it. Its looks and reacts very similar to healing potions you've seen brewed by clerics and sorcerers you've studied under. The wand itself is clearly elven make and carved from the petrified wood of a very ancient tree. The vial adorning the staff is slightly less then half way full; telling you that the wand has been used before and does not carry as much magic as it once did. Holding it aloft and chanting an elven prayer will no doubt invoke it's magic; at least that is how other wands of this make are used.
It appears the bugbear did not know what treasure he held or else your battle with him would have been longer.

oocFor game purposes it is a wand of cure light wounds with 10 charges left.

Aron Times
2011-05-07, 09:21 PM
"It's a wand of healing," Victor explains to the man. "Not something I can use, though I'm sure the old man and the half-orc priest are able to."

GodGoblin
2011-05-08, 06:33 AM
Jekken chuckles lightly under his breath "Foolish girl, no need for violence. I was simply tending to your wounds" Jekken passes his hand over a collection of empty bowls, filling them with summoned water. "Now sit down and drink, but try that again and I will set Kane on you." With that he sits down again on the cart and begins to sip from a bowl, Kane by his side.

Gibbertron
2011-05-08, 09:26 AM
@Jekken
The Girls eyes narrow on you; she edges toward you and quickly snatches up two of the bowls before darting back to her corner. She keeps one eye on you at all times and her tiny weapon is always up before her. She drinks hungrily and quickly downs both bowls of water.

Her eyes are shifty like a desert rats; they dart around the the wagon and she jumps at every noise. Still eying you she fishes out an orange from one of the crates and lustfully bites into it; gobs of pulp and juice run down her chin. She stops and bites her lower lip she looks at the orange and then at you before grabbing another orange and rolling it across the wagon toward you.

"You let Kia go now. She go to bleed the ugly man who did this to Kia" She points to her scar lined back. "Kia do not want to hurt wrinkled man, but wrinkled man must let Kia go." She brandishes her shard in both hands and points it toward you.

Wargor
2011-05-08, 09:33 AM
"My thanks." Darneth snatches the wand back and starts over to the old desert rat where he is tending to the girl, though it now looks like she is hiding from him. "Hermit! I'm told you might be able to make use of this." He shows Jekken the wand, but doesn't let him take it yet. "The sorcerer says it is a wand of healing, and that you can use it. Can you?"

GodGoblin
2011-05-08, 11:48 AM
"Bleed him? You wont do much with that pebble young one. If you want revenge use this" Jekken throws his bronze dagger to floor in front of the girl. "Only the strong deserve justice, so go claim yours." He says while turning back to drink from the bowl. "Oh and dont let the others see you, they will not be as understanding. Return to me when its done and you will be looked after."

He sees the green eyed man walk in "Ah yes I could make use this, just leave it on the side ill examine it later. Water?" He offers one of the containers to him.

Wargor
2011-05-08, 03:06 PM
Darneth eyes the water with suspicion before walking over and taking a bowl, placing the wand down as he does so. He unwraps his headscarf just enough to reveal his mouth and takes a deep drink, before placing it back down. "Thank you old one." He eyes the girl as well, a brief smirk crossing his lips before he wraps his mask back around his face. "Be quick and be silent girl, no mess no fuss, that is the way to kill."

Ninjabob
2011-05-08, 03:46 PM
Fanhon walks over and sees her with the two, a dagger at her feet. He says "Glad you are up. I bought you and now I have one thing I want you to do. Be free. Live your life to the fullest, maybe kill that slaver who whipped you, but if you do it, be silent for I don't think we can save you again.
He picks up the dagger and hands it to her, hilt first.

/oochow many of the guards and slave masters are there, if things do go sour, I want to know whether it would be feasible to side with the girl.

Gibbertron
2011-05-08, 06:15 PM
@ninjabob
There are only five guards; the four of you and Halak. There are about ten slavers including the one Kia seeks to kill, but they are not much of a fighting force. There are an additional ten wagon drivers (two were killed in your previous battle) and eighteen slaves (seven were killed in the previous battle.)

Kia snatches the knife from Fanhon and casts a suspicious glance at the three of you. She turns as if to leave before turning back and signing quickly in the air. Only Darneth catches its meaning; an ancient elven sign of peace and shade. She disappears leaving through a flap in the wagons cover.

The sun begins to fade drifting behind the ravine walls and a chill night air moves through the camp. You hear Orthos call echo through the camp"Where are those be damned guards? My tent should be up by now and where is my wine? Guards?"He shouts into the air "GUARDS?" he bellows a second time. He is about to let loose a third shout when a new voice rings up "GUARDS!" One of the slavers rushs forward he looks harried and fear stricken. "Guards come quick." He runs forward toward Orthos and the rest of the group "Someone has killed Gillem!"

Ninjabob
2011-05-08, 07:44 PM
Fanhon says to the fellow guards, other than Halak, and says If she is captured, I say we take this caravan. Wait until tommorow and we strike.Fanhon ignores the slaver and sets out to put up Orthos' tent.

Aron Times
2011-05-08, 11:11 PM
Victor of the Sands was inspecting his wares when the rest of the group goaded the girl into killing the slaver. Not that the man didn't deserve it, but killing one slaver accomplishes nothing in the long run. Still, having a small band willing to get its hands dirty will come in handy.

Victor approaches the heroes of the caravan and speaks to them in a low voice. "Gentlemen. I assume one of you was behind that stunt? I have some friends who would appreciate the services of those willing to do the right thing, even it means getting one's hands dirty." He ends his carefully-rehearsed speech with an unspoken offer of employment.

bladescape
2011-05-09, 12:45 AM
Rinard slowly approached the caravan, under cover of mostly darkness. He attempts to approach without making noise, so as to observe without disturbing.

Stealth. Therefore Move Silently. [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-09, 03:18 AM
"Excuse me? A man has been murdered and you are blaming us? We are all sitting in a tent, you on the other hand were roaming outside the caravan alone. Who knows what you could have been up to. I would not start throwing blame around Sorcerer as it often finds a way to settle on people such as yourself." The old man almost spits the last sentence to Victor before composing himself once again.

"Now excuse me I must find that slave I sent to fetch me some bedding. No doubt you will blame her also." He says while hobbling out of the tent collecting the wand on the way. Jekken then goes outside to find Kia.

Wargor
2011-05-09, 04:54 AM
Darneth stands from his seat by the fire and pushes past Victor as he leaves the tent. "It would be good of you to be silent about your cause, Sorcerer. When fanatics are around, and a man is killed, well then the blame seems to start flying. Be subtle." He steps out, intent of patrolling the perimeter of the camp, bow in hand.

Gibbertron
2011-05-09, 07:43 AM
The day fades and night sweeps over the camp. The camp was scoured all that eve but no sign of Gillems killer was ever found. Orthos was furious and he shouted and spat as he paced back and forth. He screamed about the money he had lost and the heat of the summer always calling for more wine. Eventually his temper cooled and he set you guards to watch the camp.

The wagons have been arranged in a wide circle to protect you from the chill south eastern wind that has begun to blow. The sumer is truly cursed for the warmer the days get the cooler the nights are . The wind carries with it small clouds of eddying sand that makes its way into the camps tents and bedrolls.

@Darneth and Jekken
You have no doubt the wind will continue to rise and a sand storm will be upon you tomorrow.

Outside the light of the camps fires you can hear the hoot of a desert owl, and the scurries of some a nocturnal beast as it edges round the camp. The wind whistles though the ravine and you could swear once or twice that you hear a voice.

Darneth
Perception [roll0]

As you prowl the edge of the camp you hear the sound of foot fall behind some rocks nearby. Moving nearer you see a shadowy form creeping slowly toward the camp. Whatever it is it appears to be taking great pains not to be heard.

Rinard
You edge toward the camp, stopping only briefly behind some rocks before quietly tiptoeing toward the fires.

Wargor
2011-05-09, 08:14 AM
Darneth silently slides an arrow from his quiver and nocks it, drawing the string back and sighting at the shadowy figure as best he can. With a slight exhalation of breath he lets the arrow fly.

Attack - [roll0] +1 if it's within 30 feet.
Damage - [roll1] I haven't added FE damage here, please do if it's appropriate.

Gibbertron
2011-05-09, 08:22 AM
@Rinard
Suddenly you feel an intense pain in your leg and it goes white hot.

ooc
see Darneths post for hit and damage

You let out a grunt and look up to see an elf standing over you preparing to knock another arrow.

GodGoblin
2011-05-09, 09:57 AM
"Hmm very interesting, looks like our small friend has fled. She is strong but she wont last long out there by herself." Jekken says to Kane looking at the tracks.

He sets off back to the tent and collects one of the bloodied bandages before going to find Darneth. "Hunter! I have found something you may want to see" He shouts as he walks towards him.

Now whats going on here I wonder..

Aron Times
2011-05-09, 11:27 AM
Victor is oblivious to all the action going on, as he decided to go to sleep early to refresh his magical arsenal.

Ninjabob
2011-05-09, 11:51 AM
Fanhon had not seen the girl in a while and goes out looking for her.

perception, if needed [roll0]

bladescape
2011-05-09, 06:52 PM
Rinard grimaces slightly, but puts on a slight smile. "You need not try to end my life, Elf. I pose no harm to this encampment." He spreads his hands wide, as an indication that he has no weapon drawn.

Maybe I don't need a diplomacy check, but here goes anyway. [roll0]

Gibbertron
2011-05-09, 10:47 PM
@Fanhon
The activity of the camp has died down and many have headed off to their tents for an uneasy sleep. Many grumble about murderers and eye the other campers with fear and suspicion; more then once you hear Victors name metioned in hurried wispers; It's that sorcerer; he's the problem I hear they drink the blood of babies they do".
"do you tink it was em what killed Gilly?"
"Shhhhh. Quiet you lout you want him to hex us. I dunno what e's up to; alls I know is that if the sorcerer weren't 'ere gilly would be." The wagon riders look at you suspiciously as you pass and go on whispering.
Dust is in the air now and you pull your cloak tight around your face to keep out the clouds of blowing sand. Despite how long you look you find no trace of the girl.

Ninjabob
2011-05-09, 11:15 PM
Fanhon goes to Darneth in hopes that he might be able to find the girl. He goes up to him and says "Hey Darneth! I was thinking that maybe you cou... Why are you holding your bow taught and who is that? He's hurt, did you do it?
He turns to the stranger and says "Who are you and why are you alone in the dark near our camp?

GodGoblin
2011-05-10, 02:45 AM
Seeing Fanhon arrive also Jekken puts the bloodied rag out of sight, and stands there watching to see the answer to Fanhons questions.

Wargor
2011-05-10, 06:17 AM
"I caught him sneaking into the camp, so I loosed an arrow at him. He say's he's no harm to us...I say we kill him and be done with it." Darneths voice is cold as the desert night and twice as deadly, as he pulls the bow-string back even further.

GodGoblin
2011-05-10, 07:08 AM
"Sneaking in? Come here let me look at you." Jekken steps close to the man. "So what brings you to our camp? And why did you think sneaking in was a good idea? Seems strange behaviour for someone meaning no harm." He says eyeing the man looking for signs of deciept like an old vulture leering at its prey,

Sense motive up in here- [roll0]

bladescape
2011-05-10, 08:45 AM
"I was looking for someone, but got attracted by the commotion earlier." He replies, a smile creasing his scarred face. He does not seem overly bothered by the arrow pointed to kill him.

OOC:
I think my 19 for Diplomacy for before stands.

Wargor
2011-05-10, 08:54 AM
Darneth relaxes his stance slightly, but keep his arrow nocked just in case. He looks to Fanhorn before speaking. "Grab him, we shall take him before Orthos and let the Dwarf decide his fate." Darneth waits for the others to lead the way before following them to Orthos' tent, his arrow trained on the prisoner.

Readying an action to shoot at the first sign that he's trying to escape.

GodGoblin
2011-05-10, 09:52 AM
"Very well, you youngsters do that. I however have something that needs my attention." The old man turns around and heads back the way he came. "Come along Kane!".

Once out of sight of the others he offers the rag to Kane and allows him to sniff and taste it, he then leads the jackal to where he last saw the tracks. "Come on, lets find the little one."

Using Kane's track ability. I have ranks in survival too if you need me to do the tracking instead for whatever reason. Either way we should have it covered :smallsmile:

Aron Times
2011-05-10, 11:30 AM
Victor dreams of an owl who fell in love with a bear, after the latter saved him from a pack of ferocious puppies. The puppies had wings and shot eldritch blasts from their eyes, and the owl had a hard time deflecting their attacks with socks filled with mashed potatos. The bear comes to the rescue by transforming into the girl Victor's companions had rescued earlier, wearing a leather outfit with lots of spikes and holding a whip in one hand and chains in the other. The beargirl then uses her whip to lasso the wicked puppies and she then sings them to sleep with a lullaby while spanking their bottoms. The owl then transforms into Victor of the Sands, and they lived happily with lots of man-eating owlbear babies ever after.

Gibbertron
2011-05-10, 08:25 PM
@Jekken

OOC
I will roll one for each of you
Kane Track [roll0]
Jekken Track [roll1]

The ground is hard and does not hold a print very well; the blowing clouds of sand don't help much either. No more then an hour out and the trail runs cold.
The wind has picked up much quicker then you would have anticipated; your vision is obscured to no more then about ten feet in front of you and you have to squint to keep the sand out of your eyes. Kane too seems to have lost the trail, he wanders in circles sniffing the ground but stops after a few minuets and sits down. He looks up at you with ears pulled against his head and lets out a bashful whine.

@Darneth, Fanhon and Rinard
Darneth and Fanhon walk slowly behind the cleric as they lead him toward Orthos tent. Along the way the three of you pass the half orc Halak who sips at a skin of foul smelling liquid.He looks at the new comer long and hard before taking another swig a losing himself in some thought. The half orcs eyes follow as you enter Orthos tent.
Even before you part the tent flap you can hear the sounds of merry making within. Two casks of wine sit close to Orthos bedding; The dwarf lounges on dozens of plush feathered pillows drinking from ornate cups. A trio of scantily clad slaves feed the merchant grapes and fetch him wine. In the corner a young elfish slave plays a merry tune on a set of wood pipes. The smell of incense and tobacco mingle in the air.
The music and laughter stop as the three of you enter with Rinard in the front. The dwarf makes his way drunkenly to his feet; his turban is lopsided and he is stripped to the waist. He glares at you and puts his hands on his hips. "'What's the meaning *hiccup* of this. How dare you barge in *hiccup* on a man in the midst of merry making." He teeters before falling back onto the pillows with a rolling belly laugh. "I jest! Come have some wine and grapes. Boy! more music" The pipes start up again. What is it you want lads and who have you got with you?"

GodGoblin
2011-05-11, 04:35 AM
Jekken wraps his head scarf tight around his mouth and nose, and motions for Kane to follow him back. Poor thing, nothing more I can do. The waste has her now. He thinks to himself while making his way back to camp to turn in for the night.

Ninjabob
2011-05-11, 05:06 AM
Fanhon looks at Orthos with disgust This man is focused on slaves and happiness. He should look at the world around him more ofter.
He says We found this one outside of camp, in the shadows. What should we do with him?

Wargor
2011-05-11, 05:56 AM
Darneth looks sidelong at Fanhorn from where his position slightly behind them. "I think you'll find I found him, sneaking into camp. You can't fool elven eyes though, so I shot him. He says he means us no harm, but I think we should just kill him and be done with it. He's just another mouth to feed."

Gibbertron
2011-05-11, 08:56 AM
@Rinard Darneth and Fanhon
The dwarf laughs and turns as if speaking to his slaves "Wouldn't want to on the wrong side of his bow eh?" He laughs again and turns his gaze onto Rinard "Alright lad *hiccup* better make it quick and convincing before my elf here skewers you."

GodGoblin
2011-05-11, 09:55 AM
Upon safe arrival back at the camp Jekken heads back to his tent and beds down for the night, Kane follows and rests his head on Jekkens chest, the 2 old creatures lie there snoring in unison.

bladescape
2011-05-11, 06:26 PM
Finally allowed to stop, Rinards first reaction is to crouch down, pull out the arrow, and touch the wound. His hand surrounded by green light as the small injury closes over, as if it never had been there. Then he stands up and smiles at the dwarf. "Ah, I was searching for someone when the sounds of battle drew me this way, it was farther away then I'd thought, and I didn't want to find myself in a hostile camp. Oh, and on that matter, none of you would've happened to meet a man called Victor, would you?"

Diplomacy check! Again. [roll0]

EDIT:In the OOC thread, since it doesn't seem to be working here.

Gibbertron
2011-05-11, 06:51 PM
@Darneth, Rinard and Fanhon
The old dwarf snorts "Victor Eh? Just so happens we've a man by that name in the camp. Right then *hiccup*; we will have a little chin wag with Victor in the morning and if he will speak for you then you may be welcome in our camp. Until then your hands will be bound and you will bed with the slaves."
Orthos lets out a blech and then yawns as if board with the conversation. He turns to Fanhon and Darneth "Until morning he's your problem and don't trouble me again tonight. Now get lads *hiccup* I've drinking and wenching to do."

OOC
Please let me know when you are ready to sleep and I will go on to the next scene.

Wargor
2011-05-11, 07:32 PM
"Very well, come Fanhorn." Darneth steps out of the tent into the cold desert night. "You deal with the prisoner, I'll go back to my watch." Darneth stalks away into the night, intent on patrolling. In another few hours time he will find a safe tent to settle down in and go into his night trance.

bladescape
2011-05-11, 07:37 PM
Rinard will happily go to sleep where he is indicated. He takes the slave-like treatment with no reluctance, but rather a simple acceptance. He is pleased that he has managed, through this nights misunderstanding, to locate Victor at least.

Ninjabob
2011-05-11, 08:16 PM
Fanhon leads the prisoner to the slaves, ties him up, and heads to bed.

use rope check[roll0]

Aron Times
2011-05-11, 08:30 PM
Fanhon leads the prisoner to the slaves, ties him up, and heads to bed.

use rope check[roll0]

Use rope. Kinky. :smallbiggrin:

Gibbertron
2011-05-11, 09:41 PM
Your sleep is fitful and you wake often to the howling of the wind. Sand gets everywhere; in your tents and bed rolls your water skins and boots. Several times during the night you wake hacking and coughing with sand in your mouth and eyes. More then once you think you hear a voice on the wind but it is hard to tell what you dreamed and what you heard during the night.

When morning comes it is browned out; thick clouds of grit and sand whip through the air stinging any exposed skin. Huge dunes have formed around the wagon bottoms and it will take some digging before you can move them. The wind blows and whistles through the ravine as the camp followers begin to rise and get the caravan ready for the days march. A huge blast of wind rips through the camp blowing over a few of the tents. You are not sure but you think you hear a faint whisper as it passes

You hear a groan from under the thick canvas of a fallen tent. A small figure emerges draped in a cloak. Orthos slowly makes his way to wobbly feet; his turban is gone and for the first time you see that he is bald. He places a hand to his head before leaning over and vomiting. He wipes his mouth with the back of a hand. "Alright you louts lets get a move on the wagons aint gonna dig themselves out! Halak! I've need of your salve and broy,* bring me broy!"

*(fermented kank nectar)

ooc

Recover hp equal to level+con mod for the nights rest.

Every one please make a fort save (DC18) or take 3 non lethal damage from the sand storm.
You may make a survival roll (DC 15) prior to this to give you a +2 on your fort save.

Ninjabob
2011-05-11, 09:54 PM
Fanhon wakes up with sand in his mouth. He spits it out in several hacking coughs. He wheezes out Victor, somebody came tried to sneak into the caravan during the night. He was looking for you he says, pointing at the captiveI will get him and bring him to Orthos, meet me there.
He goes to the prisoner, nudging him once with his foot. Wakey wakey sleepy head. We have some questions for you, follow me. Fanhon says, lifting the prisoner to his feet

Aron Times
2011-05-11, 09:55 PM
Life is hard for frequent travelers in the wastes, and although Victor of the Sands has traveled countless times, he can never get used to the searing sands of the wounded world.

Survival [roll0]
Fortitude [roll1]

Ninjabob
2011-05-11, 10:05 PM
oops forgot the save and roll
survival [roll0]
fort save [roll1]

bladescape
2011-05-11, 10:51 PM
Survival:[roll0]
Fortitude(+2 if I succeed in the Survival):[roll1]

Rinard wakes quickly, not overly bothered. Although he doesn't look like he's had the best of nights.

GodGoblin
2011-05-12, 04:25 AM
Survival- [roll0]
Fort- [roll1] +2

Jekken pulls himself up after a rather rought nights sleep "Gah curse these old bones..." He mutters as he pulls himself to his feet and kicks the dog awake. "Come on Kane, lets see whats happening outside"

Jekken and Kane walk out and survey the area before heading to Orthos' tent, or what remains of it.

Wargor
2011-05-12, 07:16 AM
Darneth comes out of his trance quickly, alert and refreshed. He is unsurprised by the sand, he had been expecting a storm after-all, and he pulls himself upright and walks out of his tent, heading over to where Orthos is making a fuss.

Survival Check - [roll0] vs 15

Fort Save - [roll1] vs 18

Gibbertron
2011-05-12, 07:39 AM
@Darneth

Knowledge nature [roll0]
The others are distracted by the blowing sands and harsh winds and don't seem to notice the odd way in which the wind moves. It seems to come from every direction at once and at other times it seems to come from above you or below. That is not the only oddity; bending down you lift a fist full of sand. Mixed in with the tan grains are tiny black granules; the black sand. The black sand region from which the black granules takes its name is far away to the south east and seldom does it's sand travel beyond the boarders of that region. No natural wind that you know of could have pushed the grains so far north.

The five of you come before Orthos. The merchant is busy kicking through the runins of his tent and grumbling "Now where did I leave that turban." As you approach he turns; startled. "Ah! what do you think your doing sneaking up on a man like that." The dwarf glares at you before leaning over and vomiting again. When he finishes he look up and his cheeks colour slightly "Must've eaten something that didn't agree with me. Now what can I do for you and who is that you've brought with you?" He says pointing at Rinard.

Wargor
2011-05-12, 08:03 AM
Darneth is blunt and gets straight to the point. "This is no natural storm, something or someone is causing this. There is black sand here, and no normal wind could have blown it all this way. This is some kind of sorcery." He finishes, looking pointedly at Victor.

GodGoblin
2011-05-12, 08:11 AM
"Black sand? Most unusual.. Tell me, what else did you notice about the storm?" Jekken hobbles closer to Darneth as he speaks, the whole while keeping an eye on the sorcerer. He is not an ignorant man or one to jump to conclusions but its always better to be safe than sorcerer food.

Wargor
2011-05-12, 08:24 AM
"It moved oddly, the wind came from all directions, which should not be possible. It was unnatural." Darneth see's where the old mans eyes point to and places a hand on his bow, and another on his quiver, just in case.

GodGoblin
2011-05-12, 08:30 AM
"Interesting.. One of you bring me stool, you all have young bones. I need to think for a moment." Jekken barks at the others while he meditates on what the Elf has told him.

Do I know anything about this due to my knowledge Nature? Its one of those passive things so ill let you do the rolls.

Gibbertron
2011-05-12, 08:37 AM
@Jekken

Knowledge nature [roll0]
perception [roll1]

You were distracted at first by the whipping sand and the abrasions it cause you. Now that you have been informed of the situation it is hard to see how you missed it in the first place. You learn little more about the bizarre weather but you do focus in on the wind.

The gusts no longer sound like the howl of wind but the chant of some fell voice. It is deep and black and you ears ache as you focus in on the sound. The words are unintelligible and spoken in some ancient arcane tongue. The words resound in the ravine and make your head swim. You shake you head and the voice fades to a whisper. You are not sure who or what the voice was but you can be sure it was not your companion Victor.

@Darneth

Perception [roll2]
You stain to listen to the wind but your elf ears fail you and you hear nothing but soft whispers fading in the wind.

GodGoblin
2011-05-12, 08:53 AM
"Oh my.. Something is wrong here, very wrong.. Dark speech is coming in on the winds, its old and arcane. One thing for sure is thats its not from Victor. If only it were that simple." He says sullenly he continues to ponder it all further.

Wargor
2011-05-12, 08:57 AM
"This place is cursed! I can only hear a soft whispering on the wind but it is plain to see that this storm is unnatural. We must leave, quickly!" Darneth starts to pace, obviously agitated by these turn of events.

GodGoblin
2011-05-12, 09:17 AM
"Calm yourself hunter, it is bad but if the black sands can reach us from here running will have little effect on our safety. We should continue on as normal but be extra vigilant, once we have more clues we can act but for now I fear we are prey being stalked by something far bigger than we are ready to face."

Aron Times
2011-05-12, 12:27 PM
Victor coughs violently, having inhaled a bit of sand. He looks at Orthos and then at Rinard. "This is Rinard, my contact in the city. I was supposed to meet him there, but for some reason, he has decided to find me ahead of schedule."

Ninjabob
2011-05-12, 02:24 PM
Fanhon, having heard about the sand pulls up his shield to cover his face and moves against a wagon, after telling all the wagon drivers not to dig out.

bladescape
2011-05-12, 07:07 PM
"Ah, Victor. You travel with such a hospitalitous group." Rinard grins slightly, his scarred face alight with humour. "And forgive me for being a touch impatient, it is one of my fatal flaws."

He nods to you and looks at the elf and the old man, who seem to be discussing something about the sandstorm.

Gibbertron
2011-05-12, 08:18 PM
The dwarf stares at Victor and Rinard "Right; well as long as he can work I don't give two bits who he is. What say you boy? If you can lift a shovel there's ten pieces* in it for you. Other then that drink little and stay outta my way. What say you?"

During this time a slave girl runs up to each of you and hands you two stone cups. The first is filled with a sickly stew made of Neep* and betel nut paste; A bland but filling stew it is thick mushy and orange in colour. The second cup is filled with muddy looking water the slave looks ashamed as she hands you each your cups"I sorry my lord sand got in the water barrels. We can only afford to give you one cup today" She cowers as if awaiting a strike.

*10 cp
* An orange root vegetable.

ooc

Any one drinking less then 2 cups a day must make a fort save (DC 15) or become fatigued.
Please let me know when every one has bundled up and prepared for the road.

Ninjabob
2011-05-12, 08:28 PM
Fanhon accepts the bowls and helps to prepare the caravan to leave.

Aron Times
2011-05-12, 10:05 PM
"Ah, very good, young lady." Victor takes the cup and drinks it all up. "Off you go, then."

bladescape
2011-05-12, 11:30 PM
"Hmm, I think I can do better than lift a shovel. I can help you with your water problem." The soft appraising voice of Rinard as he considers his meal and water carefully.

I knew there was a reason I prepared Purify Water/Food this morning!XD

GodGoblin
2011-05-13, 03:57 AM
Jekken accepts the bowl of Neep and begins to sip but declines the dirty water, instead taking a swig from his water skin. "Impressive young one" He says to the Cleric. "If you can clean our current supply and I can summon more once we get low I think we should be fine. Well for water at least." He says looking back into the distance, the black sands playing on his mind.

Wargor
2011-05-13, 05:40 AM
"Let's get dug out and get moving." Unwrapping his face mask, he drinks the dirty water in sullen acceptance; it hadn't been the first time and it wouldn't he the last. The Neep is accepted more readily, as it had always been a favourite of his. After finishing his meal he leaves the tent, re-wrapping his face mask as he goes, shouting at the slaves to get digging.

Gibbertron
2011-05-13, 09:01 AM
"Great"says the dwarf "well hop to it the slave will show you to our water berrels. In the meantime I'll be napping in the wagons wake me when its time to go." The merchant stumbles off clutching his throbbing head.

They day wears on and the wind shows no sign of abating. The digging is wearisome work; each time you remove a layer of sand a new one blows in to take its place. Finally around what you guess to be high noon the wagons are freed and ready to take to the road.

As the wagons prepare to leave a trio of slavers cautiously approach Victor; Each draws a long curved bone knife as they approach. The obvious leader steps forward toward Victor "Alright witch man the lads and I 'ave bin doin some tinkin and we decided we ain't travelin with no witch!" The other men shout words of agreement behind the first but approach no closer.
"First you done and killed Gilly and now you bring dis accursed storm on our head. Well we ain't 'avin it. As me pappy used to say 'you mustn't suffer a witch to live.'"" The rest of the camp has stopped to watch the exchange as the men begin to circle Victor.

OOC
The men are cautious and in no rush to attack. Any pc wishing to take an action (including talking) may go first.
If you choose to attack please roll initiative along with your attack and damage.

GodGoblin
2011-05-13, 09:18 AM
"Back down you fools, ive told you he isnt the cause. With this dark omen above us his powers will of help to our survival." Jekken says as he walks closer to the group.

He stops about ten feet from the men "So to put it simply, killing him will lower our chances of getting through this. However killing you will give us three less mouths to water, go back to your caravans young ones. There is still much to do." He continues as Kane stands in front of him growling and ready to attack.

Ninjabob
2011-05-13, 09:29 AM
Fanhon steps next to Victor and says:I think thay you are mistaken. Do you really think that he is the cause? Your ignorance makes you weak. Learn and accept, and you will thrive.

Wargor
2011-05-13, 09:32 AM
"The old one is right, the loss of you is far more acceptable than the loss of him." Darneth states, his fingers brushing over the arrows in his quiver.

Gibbertron
2011-05-13, 10:02 AM
Jakken Diplomacy vs DC11
[roll0]

The two men in the back look at each other before sliding their knives back into their belts "It ain't worth it Yag let's just leave em be"
Yag looks from Jakken to the men behind him "cowards" He spits the word but puts up his hands.
"You got lucky this time wizard but your friends won't always be around." The man says as he slowly backs away.

GodGoblin
2011-05-13, 10:26 AM
"Hmph.. Damn fools. Now someone get me a stool my joints are throbbing." He says looking to the others.

Aron Times
2011-05-13, 01:26 PM
"All of you, coming to my rescue?" Victor speaks with a sense of amusement. "I could've handled that myself, but I thank you. All of you."

Ninjabob
2011-05-13, 02:21 PM
Don't mention it! Fanhon says, patting the sorceror's back.
Now you should keep an eye open in your sleep, you never know when they might get you

GodGoblin
2011-05-13, 06:01 PM
"Dont flatter yourself boy, a fight now would just delay us and we need to get moving, now start digging!" He squawks to the rest waving a hand at them as he does so.

Aron Times
2011-05-13, 06:33 PM
Victor starts digging, using cantrip and shovel to free the wagons from the sand.

bladescape
2011-05-14, 06:03 AM
Rinard raises his eyebrows slightly at the help for Victor. "It seems you've become quite the popular one, my friend." He grins once, then goes to see about decontaminating some water.(8 gallons at first level, if I remember correctly, that he can purify.)

Gibbertron
2011-05-14, 09:00 AM
@Rinard and Jekken
The two of you work to restore the camps water supply. It takes you mere minuets to restore the drinking water to its drinkable state. The camp is over joyed and you receive many thanks and pats on the back from riders and slaves alike.
You have provided this group with some hope on an otherwise gloomy day.

After hours of digging the wagons come free and you set off along the road. As the day fades into evening the storm begins to abate. The blowing sand and howling wind die down and give you some respite.
As the twin moons of Athas rise Orthos gives the call to make camp. It is a cool night and a northernly breeze cools you from your long days march. The stars above twinkle like distant torches which make you think of your destination; silver springs.

Silver springs is an Elven compound long held by the silver spring elves. It is one of the largest oasis in the table lands and the only one to be open to all people of Athas (as long as they can spare the coin). You have never been there but you have heard tales of its open pools in which pilgrims come to swim and mystics to pray. It is said the water has healing properties and every year hundreds of sick and dying flock to the spring to bath in its waters. The settlement also boasts trees dozens of lush palm trees loom over the pool providing shade and sweet fruits.

Your thought is suddenly interrupted as you notice a thick plume of black smoke rising to the south west no more then a mile off the road. The column of smoke is far to big to be any camp fire.

Aron Times
2011-05-14, 11:24 AM
"Something's wrong. Do we investigate, or do we evade?"

GodGoblin
2011-05-14, 11:27 AM
"Just when we though we had found respite... We should go check it out, may be connected to this vile storm that been following us." Jekken looks round to the others "But im not walking, lets take a cart."

Ninjabob
2011-05-14, 04:48 PM
I say we go on foot, so Darneth can scout it out for us. Fanhon says, jumping off the wagon.

bladescape
2011-05-14, 07:00 PM
"There's no harm in finding out what's the problem, in fact, we can be of help that way." Rinard replies to Victor's question. He has no particular opinion on whether to take cart or foot.

GodGoblin
2011-05-15, 06:42 AM
"Not all of us are as young and spritley as you Fanhon, now show some respect for your elders and find me a cart, thats a good lad." Jekken says to obviously trying to be as patronising as possible.

Wargor
2011-05-15, 06:48 AM
"I'll go ahead and see what I can see, make your minds up and catch up with me." Darneth hops off the cart and sets off at a light jog towards the smoke, bow in hand, ready to try and hide at the first site of trouble.

As soon as I see something I'll try and stealth.

Gibbertron
2011-05-15, 08:08 AM
Darneth slinks off toward the smoke as the rest of you continue to argue about your method of travel.

@Darneth
As you approach the column of smoke you slow your gait and slip into the shadows.

Sneak [roll0]

As you near you destination the lad becomes a little less rocky the ravines and gorges break away leaving only hoodoos and standing stones. The terrain is rough and hilly and you Crest one of the hills you see a horrific sight.

A huge pile of smoldering bodies lay in front of you. This is the source of the smoke. The bodies are mostly men but you do see a few women and children mixed in. Cook fire have been set up nearby and bits of arms and legs have been skewered roasted and eaten.

Nearby you see two overturned wagons. Both have been hacked apart and most of the valuables have been plundered. A few sacks of grain have split and spilt onto the sand. Whatever animals was carting these wagons is nowhere to be seen. The harness were cut and broken.

Survival track [roll1]

dozens of tracks crisscross here and it is hard to make out what happened.

Near by three stones have been dragged and set up around this grizzly sight. On the stones three men are tied each has been stripped off all clothing and each has been horrifically branded. On their heads each has been branded with a skull and crossbones an elvish sign of warning. On their chests each bears a different brand; one a crescent moon another a silver eye and the third has two unfurled batwings. The burns are still fresh; pink and puckered, they ooze and puss. All three men hang limply in their bonds at the sound of your approach the one to the left lifts his head and lets out a wet raged cough before collapsing again..

Except for the dead no other creature is here.

Wargor
2011-05-15, 08:20 AM
Darneth steels himself against the horrific sight, before slipping away, back towards to others. Once he rejoins them he stops and takes a sip of water from his waterskin. "It is not good. The townsfolk, or so I would assume, butchered. Eaten. Cooked and Eaten. Three were still alive, hung up and branded. We should hurry." All throughout his voice is cold, detached, emotionless.

Ninjabob
2011-05-15, 04:25 PM
Fanhon's jaw drops. All of them? The women? The children!? He stammers.
Who would do this? What would do this?

GodGoblin
2011-05-15, 05:36 PM
Jekken seems unfettered by the news as he looks about him for a cart or some other mode of transportation. "Hmm that is most depressing but now we know what the source is it will be most wise to continue on our journey. Avoiding that area if possible"

Wargor
2011-05-15, 06:29 PM
"There were some still alive, we should question them. Leaving the knowledge of who attacked them unknown is just asking for them to kill us as well." Darneth argues, his voice frosty.

GodGoblin
2011-05-15, 06:49 PM
Jekken stops and thinks for a moment before replying "A very good point my friend, perhaps that would be best. I am far too used to keeping my head down it seems."

Aron Times
2011-05-15, 10:40 PM
While everyone is getting ready to investigate the survivors, Victor of the Sands pulls Rinard the Grower to one side. "Our mutual friends told me that you have news to report. Something about a resurgence in local plant life?"

Gibbertron
2011-05-16, 09:32 AM
@Jekken
The wagons are all laden with good and Orthos will not let you take them He does however let you take one of the kanks. The wagon riders unharness a kank and hand the reigns to you. It's unwieldy to ride and slow, but it beats walking" the man says as he hands it over.

OOC
Kanks are large slow and make lots of noise. They can carry three.

GodGoblin
2011-05-16, 09:41 AM
Jekken takes the reigns and clumsily climbs aboard the large beetle, sitting just behind the creatures head. He calls for Kane to hop up also, the old dog scrambles up and nestles in his lap. "Right now I am ready to go, come along then" He says trying to lead the beast in the direction of the attack.

Wargor
2011-05-16, 09:44 AM
Darneth follows, bow in hand, jogging lightly along with the creature. "So much for stealth."

GodGoblin
2011-05-16, 09:49 AM
"Oh quit your moaning, hop on if you like. Plenty of room up here!" He says with a noticable 'jollyness' to his voice, he obviously was enjoying the chance to ride a large beetle.

Ninjabob
2011-05-16, 10:30 AM
Fanhon stays on the ground If we are attacked, I should probably stay where I coud do the most good He says, unlimbering his shield.

Aron Times
2011-05-16, 02:30 PM
Victor silently follows the rest of the group.

Gibbertron
2011-05-16, 05:02 PM
The twin moons hang high and full overhead as the five of you approach the scene. You can see the fire has died down and now the pile of bones and flesh simply smolder giving off a foul and noxious stench.

the man chained to the rock on the left raises his head slightly and opens his eyes. He is caked in vomit and red rims his mouth from where he has coughed up blood. His lips are chapped and white rimmed. He opens his mouth to speak and you hear the wispered word "water...."

He appears to be the soul survivor of this grizzly attack.

Ninjabob
2011-05-16, 06:01 PM
Fanhon hurries to the man "What did this to you? Here, let me get you down. He says, attempting to burst his chains.

Strength Check [roll0]

Gibbertron
2011-05-16, 09:31 PM
The chains are made of bronze and you easily shatter them. Bronze is not easy to come by who ever the raiders are they clearly have resources.
As you pull the figure down you notice he is elven. He ignores your question and continues to mouth the word water.

ooc
I didn't notice if anyone has knowledge local or heraldry so I didn't roll to see if you recognize the emblems branded on the mens chest. If I am wrong please roll and I will update.

Aron Times
2011-05-16, 10:06 PM
Victor silently offers the victims water.

bladescape
2011-05-16, 11:24 PM
While everyone is getting ready to investigate the survivors, Victor of the Sands pulls Rinard the Grower to one side. "Our mutual friends told me that you have news to report. Something about a resurgence in local plant life?"

"Ah, yes." The small smile flits across Rinards face, despite the disturbing scene. "It isn't much, but it grows every year. In small increments. I would like to study it more closely before I make a prognosis, but this is the most encouraging thing I've heard yet."

Wargor
2011-05-17, 04:58 AM
Darneth surveys the scene, walking amongst the disgusting destructions, looking for any kind of clue and to who had done this. "It can't be a small band to have done this."

Search check - [roll0]

GodGoblin
2011-05-17, 06:12 AM
Jekken stays mounted on the Kank and nudges Kane off his lap to follow along side. His face is stern, the joy of the ride has most definately gone. "Hmm this is most disturbing, you survivor! Who was it that attacked you?" He asks without sympathy while directing the Kank towards him.

Gibbertron
2011-05-17, 07:56 AM
Victor kneels by the prone man and raises a water skin to his lips. The man feebly sips and water pours down his chin. When he has drank he begins to cough; spasms wracking his frail form.

The elf opens his eyes at Jekkens question and moves his lips "Must......warn.......why?.......working together.....killed them all.". His eyes flutter and he seems to stare off in the distance his eyes unfocused. Another wave of wracking coughs hits the man; he spits up blood onto those nearby. It is obvious that you will get no more from this man till he is tended to.

Meanwhile Darneth searches the ground in vain. Animal tracks mix with man tracks and it is too difficult form him to make out any thing in this mess.

bladescape
2011-05-17, 08:17 AM
Rinard goes to work, attempting to heal what he can of the injured man.

Heal check: [roll0]

Gibbertron
2011-05-17, 09:56 AM
The man suffer badly from dehydration and heatstroke. The burns themselves are not so bad but he will be scarred for life. Rinard places cooled rags on the mans head and underarms and places a steaming cups of water on his chest to relieve congestion.
After about a half hour the man sits bolt upright with a scream before falling back. He is weak but awake. "Who...who are you?" The mans eyes fall on Darneth and he scurries backward his face pale."No,no,no please no. They've come back to finish the job, leave me be do not kill me." He raises his hands to cover his face and recoils from Darneth.

bladescape
2011-05-17, 10:18 PM
"Hush, calm yourself. We do not seek to kill you, but to find out who did this." Rinard replies in his calmest and most soothing voice.

Aron Times
2011-05-17, 10:48 PM
"Are you saying that you were attacked by elves?"

Gibbertron
2011-05-17, 11:54 PM
The man relaxes slightly after Rinards comment and his eyes seem to focus as if coming out of a delirium. "No, of course not they would never travel with men. Yes we were attacked by elves but I see now this one was not among them" The elf looks Darneth in the eye "I am sorry brother I have been through allot. He bows his head and suddenly snaps to attention "We must get to Silver springs at once, they must be warned, my brother Regulus must be informed!" He sways a little before stumbling over his head still swooning from the heat stroke.

GodGoblin
2011-05-18, 02:51 AM
"Most disturbing, here climb aboard. Save your strength." Jekken offers a hand to the elf to help him aboard the Kank. If he accepts he also offers him his water skin but not before taking a swig of his own.

Wargor
2011-05-18, 07:22 AM
Darneth bows his head to the man, accepting his apology. "What elves attacked you?" He asks, as he starts off along side the Kank.

Gibbertron
2011-05-18, 08:06 AM
The man struggles to mount the kank and takes long drink of water before answering Darnaths question. "We were attacked by members of the three tribes of the region; the silver seekers, the night cloaks and the swift wings. They came out of nowhere and slew my men, butchered our women and children even our slaves". The elf pauses here to wipe away a tear.

"They said it was a warning and that for too long we had grown water fat and soft off of their land and labour. It makes no sense we have long had peace with the tribes, uneasy though it may have been there was always peace." He stops again lost in thought before shaking his head and continuing.

"It is most disconcerting; the three tribes working together. They have never before joined forces and they fact that they do so now can only mean one thing, they march to war.."

GodGoblin
2011-05-18, 08:46 AM
"War? Bah! An act of cowardice that spreads like a disease over the land. Defilers are one thing but war, well that will sunder the earth in worse ways my friends." Jekken spits as he remembers a darker time.

Ninjabob
2011-05-18, 08:47 AM
This can't be good. If they are going to war, who is going to stop them? Why have they chosen to go to war? We should warn the others, then get to the bottom of this. Be on the lookout. I don't like this. Fanhon says pulling out his weapon and shield.

bladescape
2011-05-18, 07:43 PM
"Neither do I" Mutters Rinard, staring off into the distance.

Gibbertron
2011-05-18, 10:40 PM
"I don;t like this either my friends. Perhaps we will be swift and arrive before them." The six of you set out under a starry night sky back toward your camp. The man behind you begins to drift into an exhausted sleep when his head suddenly perks ups.
"By the four winds where are my manners. I am Pyter of Silver Springs and brother to Lord Regulus; Emir of Silver springs, may his tongue never dry" He kisses his fist and puts it to his head as he lists his brothers honorifics.

GodGoblin
2011-05-19, 03:48 AM
"Well thats good to know, but now its time to rest." Jekken says the the man while guiding the kank back to the camp.

Sorry miss read post, said I was bedding down for the night, edited to make sense.

Aron Times
2011-05-19, 08:06 PM
Victor raises an eyebrow at the mention of the man's nobility, thinking that making a good impression with the local authorities will help make things a lot easier.

Gibbertron
2011-05-19, 11:39 PM
Pyter looks crestfallen at your lack of acknowledgement. "Will none of you grace me with your names? I owe you a large debt and would very much like to know the names of my saviors. I am sorry if this is presumptuous of me but a man must know the names of those who have spilt water for him."

bladescape
2011-05-19, 11:46 PM
"Not at all presumtious my friend. I am Rinard, known as the Grower."

Wargor
2011-05-20, 06:12 AM
"Darneth." He states, as he trudges along beside the Kank.

GodGoblin
2011-05-20, 06:34 AM
"I am Jekken and the old mut down there is Kane" He says motioning down past the Kank to where Kane is walking.

Aron Times
2011-05-20, 09:49 AM
"Victor of the Sands is my name."

GodGoblin
2011-05-20, 10:44 AM
"Rinard the Grower, Victor of the Sands? Tell me young ones when did we all stop using surnames?" Jekken says with a chuckle.

bladescape
2011-05-20, 10:47 AM
Rinard merely smiles and raises an eyebrow at Jekken. He is slightly amused by the comment.

Aron Times
2011-05-20, 11:44 AM
"Well, 'Victor of the Sands' is my actual name. At least, that's what it translates to in Common. If you really must know, my actual name is 'Mananaog sa Bas*.'"

*Literally Conquerer of Sand in my native tongue, which should give you a clue as to what Victor is trying to accomplish.

Wargor
2011-05-20, 11:52 AM
"Interesting. My name means Whispering Wind in Elvish." Darneth supplies, sounding no more interested than he usually does.

Gibbertron
2011-05-24, 08:27 AM
The rest of the trip back to camp is uneventful and you fall into a peaceful slumber when you arrive.

The Sun rises hot and heavy the next morning and you wake covered in a thick sheen of sweat. Out side you can already hear Orthos barking orders to the slaves and workers.

You are once again brought a sickly looking stew. This time it is Neep steeped in kank fat and the top glistens brightly in the morning sun. Pyter wakes beside and appears to have mostly recovered from his ordeal yesterday. He has wrapped a cloak about him and makes sure to keep the hood low covering the brand on his forehead.

The Caravan Get moving about an hour after you wake. The sun sits high overhead now an beats down on you cruelly. Your skin burns and cracks in the heat, this must be the hottest day so far.
Every one roll a fort save 15 or become fatigued from heat

The caravan continues through the blasted badlands which have begun to break away to your right leaving an open field of stones and hoodoos. To your left lies a long rock wall which follows your path.

Suddenly arrows speed toward you from various directions. The first strikes one of the wagon drivers; it passes right though his neck and he gags before slumping forward dead. Another imbeds it self in the side of a caravan and a third whips toward Darneth
Attack on Darneth [roll0]

You hear Orthos scream and dive under the caravan as the others follow his lead diving for cover as fast as they can.

Quickly scanning the rocks you see no movement.

OOC
Before you can attack a target you must make a perception roll DC 20.
Climbing the rock wall is DC 15.
PLease roll initiative and actions. Once I have every ones actions I will post the battle map.

GodGoblin
2011-05-24, 09:15 AM
"Gah not again! Kane, sniff them out!" Jekken shouts as he tries to find some form of cover to hide behind. Kane sets off towards the direction of the arrows and tries to locate what is shooting at them.

Init: [roll0]

Save for heat fatigue: [roll1]
So Jekken moves to hide behind cover and Kane is searching for the attackers.

Kane Listen- [roll2], spot- [roll3]

Aron Times
2011-05-24, 09:30 AM
Victor takes cover behind the wagons and scans the area for hostiles. He grabs a fistful of sand, charging it with magic and using it to cast Sleep in the general direction where the arrows came from.

Perception [roll0] Automatic failure.
Fortitude [roll1]
Victor blindly casts Sleep where the arrows are coming from.

Victor of the Sands (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=293957)
LG/LN Human Sorcerer, Level 1, Init +0, HP 8/8, Speed
AC 10, Touch 10, Flat-footed 10, Fort +1, Ref +0, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 0
Light Crossbow (20 bolts) +1 (1d8, 19-20/x2)

Abilities Str 8, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 16
Condition Fatigued (-2 strength and dexterity, can't run or charge)

Ninjabob
2011-05-24, 09:40 AM
Fanhon tries to climb the wall yelling TAKE COVER! while pulling out his hammer.
rolls
fort save [roll0]
perception [roll1] instant fail
climb [roll2]

Ninjabob
2011-05-24, 09:42 AM
and I knew I was forgetting something.
initiative roll [roll0]

Aron Times
2011-05-24, 09:53 AM
Initiative [roll0]

Wargor
2011-05-24, 10:47 AM
Darneth nocks an arrow and scans around for any sign of their attackers; if he see's one he'll let the arrow fly at it.

Fort Save (Heat Endurance gives me +4 to this I think)
[roll0]

Initiative - [roll1]
Perception - [roll2]

Attack - [roll3] (+1 if within 30 feet)
Damage - [roll4] (not added FE bonus, +1 if in 30 feet)

bladescape
2011-05-24, 08:24 PM
Fort Save:
[roll0]

Initiative:
[roll1]

Perception:
[roll2]

Gibbertron
2011-05-25, 07:10 AM
Round One Results

Rinard scans the surrounding rocks almost in shock. He stand still waiting for something to happen.

Kane bounds from Jekkens side and heads toward a pile of rocks near by. He sniff the air and begins to bark in the direction of a pile of rocks.

@Jekken
Don;t forget we combined listen and spot to form the PERCEPTION skill.

Victor dives behind one of the caravans and begins to mutter an incantation. Sand whips and billow around him as he draws arcane power to him.
@victor
PLease pick a square to center your sleep spell on. It will come into effect just before your turn next round

Fanhon Scurries up the rock wall with a yell he looks around the rocks but can detect no enemy to take out his wrath on.
As Fanhon crests the wall another volley of arrows flys through the air. They come from all different directions ands it is difficult to pinpoint the arrows trajectory. Two arrows streak toward Fanhon while a third is aimed at Darneth.
See next post for attack rolls

Darneth knocks an arrow but can see no enemy to shoot.

Attackers
Initiative 1d20+4

@Rinard
You gave me no action or descriptions when you gave me your rolls. I have no Idea what you would like to do in this round. In the future please declare your actions when rolling initiative.

Battle Map
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/Gibbertron/Picture2.png
Green squares are the caravans. Black squares are the rocks. The letters correspond to the first letters in each of your characters names.

OOC
This concludes round one. Please declare and roll for actions in round two.

Gibbertron
2011-05-25, 07:30 AM
Attackers rolls

@Fanhon

Att [roll0]
Dam [roll1]

Att [roll2]
Dam [roll3]

@Darneth

Att [roll4]
Dam [roll5]

Aron Times
2011-05-25, 05:02 PM
Victor aims his spell right a about 10 ft. in front of Fanhon, missing him completely but hopefully hitting some of the hidden attackers.

bladescape
2011-05-25, 07:34 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I was going too, but was in so much of a hurry I ended up forgetting.

Cast Entropic Shield, move to E7

Rinard suddenly snaps out of his stupor, his hands waving, weaving magic into the air in front of him. It seems as if transparent branches now surround him as he moves to stand next to Darneth. "Do you lads get attacked a lot like this?"

Ninjabob
2011-05-26, 04:18 PM
Fanhon charges along the cliff towards the rocks, screaming "Come and get me!

GodGoblin
2011-05-28, 01:41 PM
Jekken stays where he is to avoid the arrow fire. If Kane can find an enemy he will attack.

Kane-
Perception [roll0]

Attack [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Wargor
2011-05-29, 07:44 AM
Darneth scrambles off the cart and ducks behind it, trying to use it as some kind of cover. He nocks an arrow and searches for a target. If he finds one he lets the arrow fly.

Perception - [roll0]

Attack - [roll1] +1 if in 30 feet
Damage - [roll2] FE bonus not included

Gibbertron
2011-05-31, 12:11 PM
Round Two Results

The five of you continue to scan the rocks in vain. Rinard runs forward weaving a magic circle about himself like a cocoon. Kane dashs back and forth barking and sniffing the air but he comes up with nothing. "Would sombondy shoot these damn fools already!" You hear Orthos shout from benath one of the wagons

Only Darneth spots something as he dashs behind one of the caravans, up on the cliff side behind some rocks near Fanhon he sees an elf drawing back his bow and aim at the warrior.

Another volley flys from behind the rocks

Attackers rolls

@Fanhon
Att [roll0]
dam [roll1]

Att [roll2]
Dam [roll3]

@kane
Att [roll4]
dam [roll5]

Darneth takes aim and fires at the hiding elf but his arrow ricochets off the cliff side and lands harmlessly.

OOC
PLease declare and make rolls for round three

Gibbertron
2011-05-31, 12:14 PM
Battle Map
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k614/Gibbertron/Picture3.png
Yellow is the sleep spell.

GodGoblin
2011-06-01, 04:04 AM
Jekken looks over to see Darneth shoot into the distance, He is not the type to shoot on just a hunch... He thinks while scrambling over to him and resting behind the the same cart. Jekken then leans over the top and thrusts his hand in the direction of the enemy archer, envigorating the area with an abundance of life energy causing roots and vines to erupt from the desert sands.

Moving to square 9G and casting Entangle (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm) centered on 4Q

Kane continues to sniff around for any sign of an enemy, charging in and attacking upon sight.

Perception- [roll0]
Attack- [roll1] Damage- [roll2] (Including +2 dmg from charge, Kane is at AC14 if the attack goes ahead)

Wargor
2011-06-01, 05:18 AM
Darneth's face thins in anger at his miss, but he nocks another arrow and sights carefully at the elf, taking a deep breath in, and releasing it slowly as he releases the string.

Attack - [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Ninjabob
2011-06-01, 09:42 AM
Fanhon moves in on the elf that he can see and attacks him, careful to block any further arrows.

Perception[roll0]
Attack[roll1]
Damage[roll2]

Aron Times
2011-06-01, 10:17 AM
Victor loads a bolt into his crossbow and shoots at the exposed enemy.

Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1] piercing damage.

bladescape
2011-06-01, 06:46 PM
Rinard slowly amble's forwards, looking non-chalant as he picks up three different rocks. He seems somewhat dissatisfied and drops two to pick up another, and again. After he has finished doing this he looks back up, smiling.

The rocks he holds in his hands now glow with an inner magical light.

Move to I5, pick up rocks and cast Magic Stones.

I can heal anyone who gets seriously injured, just to remind everyone.