PDA

View Full Version : Change to PvP

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-28, 06:47 PM
So we've been playing a game for a few months now, and a "friend" is joining in and he's dead centered on trying to enslave my character, which in my mind makes this PvP (I mean, I could just let him do it, but who the Hell would do that?). What do I do? Kill his character before he enslaves me?

As of now though, there's still hope for DM intervention telling my friend he can't.

Velaryon
2011-04-28, 06:54 PM
I'd say the first thing you should do is tell him in no uncertain terms that you don't want his character to try and enslave yours. If you've already done that, then it's worth reiterating once more just to make sure he understands that you're serious.

Even if he won't back down, you probably don't need to go straight to trying to kill his character.

What kind of character is he going to play? Is the rest of the party evil? Trying to enslave another character is definitely a fast-track to an evil alignment, so if the rest of the party is good or at least neutral, chances are you can get them to stand with you against this.

Katana_Geldar
2011-04-28, 07:00 PM
Tell the DM before you do anything. Is he okay with having PvP in the group? Not everyone is. I'm usually not okay with it.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-28, 07:24 PM
Tell the DM before you do anything. Is he okay with having PvP in the group? Not everyone is. I'm usually not okay with it.
I'm thinking he won't be, I'm just planning ahead.

I'd say the first thing you should do is tell him in no uncertain terms that you don't want his character to try and enslave yours. If you've already done that, then it's worth reiterating once more just to make sure he understands that you're serious.
He understands, I'm still hoping for DM salvation.

What kind of character is he going to play?
A slaver and a sniper.

Is the rest of the party evil? Trying to enslave another character is definitely a fast-track to an evil alignment, so if the rest of the party is good or at least neutral, chances are you can get them to stand with you against this.
Everyone in the game is True Neutral. We're playing in a Post-Apoc d20 future. Everyone's fighting for survival, so no-one really cares what happens (in-Game) as long as it doesn't effect them or their livelihood.

Epsilon Rose
2011-04-28, 10:02 PM
Out of curiosity, why is this "friend" out to enslave your character?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-29, 06:35 AM
Out of curiosity, why is this "friend" out to enslave your character?

He likes to pretend he dislikes me. (Yes, I know this to be true.) We talk and stuff in private, but in groups he likes to mess with me.

Warlawk
2011-04-29, 11:10 AM
Now... you've told him you don't want him to do this and he's doing it anyways? Make sure he understands you're not kidding and it's pretty rude and disrespectful. Out of respect for the fact that I don't know you and your friend I'll just leave it at that and move to a different approach.

If your DM doesn't like having pvp/party conflict in the game just point that out to him. Let him know "Hey, the DM does not want this kind of stuff going on in game, you need to knock it off because you're screwing up the game for everyone." If that doesn't get the point across he needs to not be part of the gaming group because he's just being selfish and disruptive.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-04-29, 03:16 PM
Now... you've told him you don't want him to do this and he's doing it anyways? Make sure he understands you're not kidding and it's pretty rude and disrespectful. Out of respect for the fact that I don't know you and your friend I'll just leave it at that and move to a different approach.
Well, I'll definitely remmind him of that pre-game assuming the DM doesn't step in (which is still likely. I only see the DM on Game Days and wasn't really thinking about the DMs personality when I typed up the OP). Knowing the player and thinking about it a little more, as long as he doesn't capture me, it could lead to some fun/ny role playing... I do think it's best we let it go though. I don't want it to get in the way of the plot.

If your DM doesn't like having pvp/party conflict in the game just point that out to him. Let him know "Hey, the DM does not want this kind of stuff going on in game, you need to knock it off because you're screwing up the game for everyone." If that doesn't get the point across he needs to not be part of the gaming group because he's just being selfish and disruptive.
Noted.