PDA

View Full Version : Gray (and Higher) Slaadi CR

Nich_Critic
2011-04-29, 01:52 PM
Hey all. I'm not sure if this should be in homebrew. It's a simple monster modification, and I'm asking more about the impact then suggesting it as a change for everyone.

I was wondering what the CR adjustment on a gray slaadi (and the higher level ones, but greys specifically) if I gave them the following ability:

Waves of chaos (Aura, suppressable):
Grey slaadi are surrounded by an aura of the chaos that makes up their home. They are automatically considered to be under the affects of Magic Circle against law. Additionally, objects within 20 ft are automatically animated as the spell animated objects. The objects remain animated while they are within 40 ft of the Slaad, but become inert (and another object is animated) when they leave the radius. The objects are not under control of the Slaad, but will never attack it (instead attacking the nearest non Slaadi, or if nothing living is in range, damaging the nearest crafted object).

The goal is to reduce the action cost of the animate object ability of the grey Slaadi, and make them a more credible threat to my level 12 party. Also, to make fighting these beings of chaos more chaotic.