PDA

View Full Version : Generic townsfolk, and NPC's

GeekGirl
2011-04-29, 02:09 PM
Greetings everyone. Does know a quick way to make generic NPC's? Nothing complicated, just stuff like the town mayor, or a merchant they meet. I just wanted to see, if anyone had a faster way, than me just sitting down a making them. I know it wont take that much time and I can reuse them, I just can't bring myself to make them :(

Analytica
2011-04-29, 04:59 PM
Do you mean how to make them stat-wise, or plot out personalities/attachments etc?

My suggestion is to just create a few generic stat sets. L1/L5/L10 Commoner/Expert/Warrior/Aristocrat. No-one will notice that their stats are cloned, because they will come up so seldom anyway. Swap out a feat or a skill at a moment's notice if necessary.

If you want to avoid making these in the first place, there are generic Class X at level Y stats... in the DMG, I think. Don't know if these exist for NPC classes as well though.

Otherwise... just wing it, assume all stats 10, all relevant skills maxed at level + 3? There should be equivalent formulas for saves, attack bonus and HP just from level.

GeekGirl
2011-04-29, 05:34 PM
Thanks, seems kinda what I figured.. I know the DMG has NPC with class level stats, i was hoping for something similar. Or atleast a faster way to work them out stat wise. Thanks again

Thurbane
2011-04-30, 09:43 PM
P.S. If you can find a copy for sale, Everyone Else: A Book of Innkeepers, Farmers & More (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=16606&it=1&filters=0_0_0_0&manufacturers_id=87) is just plain awesome as a source of stats for NPCs. Sure, it's all stuff you could easily come up with yourself, but its a helluva timesaver.