PDA

View Full Version : Tin Giants Astride the World(Exalted IC)

Tavar
2011-04-29, 03:02 PM
Cresting the city walls, the Sun banishes the chilly Ascending water night. The city slowly awakens, but it's still early, and rather cold. Most remain indoors, heating simple breakfasts, and waiting for it to warm up just a bit more. You aren't even doing that much; just last night(well, early this morning) you returned from a bit of border patrol, and you're all looking forward to a bit of R&R.

Then there's a knocking at your apartment's door. Very loud, persistent knocking. Ignoring it doesn't seem to make it go away, either. Eventually, a voice joins in.

"Sir! Taimyo Teresu requires your presence at Headquarters!"

Calendar's here (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Calendar).

If I wasn't clear, each of you is assumed to have your own apartment, and the messenger has been sent to each of them. Perk of being an elite troop.

Lochar
2011-04-29, 03:12 PM
"Bleh." the tanned man rolled over, hearing the thudding, and then the shouting voice.

"I could swear there was something in that stupid regulation book that stated six hours between missions for rest and recovery."

Stumbling towards the door, he opened it and looked at the man with bleary eyes. "I could swear you had better things to do than bother people when they're trying to sleep." Turning once more, James meanders back into his apartment, leaving the door open.

"What about, anyways?" he asks, grabbing a cup of something cold, left out less than four hours ago before he'd went to crash out.

But, he played at the good little soldier boy as he waited for the messenger's answer, pulling the dark clothes on that were as close to a uniform as he ever got. If you looked close enough, there were the insignia marks for his fang, but they were darkened for a purpose, dang it.

Tavar
2011-04-29, 03:40 PM
James

The messenger enters, closing the door behind him. Reaching into his carrier pouch, he withdraws a sheet of paper, with the Taimyo's personal seal stamped on it.
"I'm sorry sir, but the Taimyo's requesting all troops in the city be present at the briefing. He did apologize for calling this on such short notice, and so soon after your return, but it's an emergency."

The paper backs up the messenger's words, though you he apparently needs it back before he leaves. Whatever it is, it has to be big; it isn't just your scale, it's for all officers in the field force.

DukeGod
2011-04-29, 03:55 PM
Once someone knocks in the door Chains quickly answers it. He didn't want to let Kairi wake up. Shushing the messenger with his finger, he steps outside and closing the door behind him. Still in most of his uniform he could withstand the cold

"What does m'lord want? And have I never requested to not make that insane amount of noise at this time? My wife is asleep you see!

He scolds the messenger in a low voice. Still dressed in his kimono he didn't have had the time to take off the shoulder-pad/half gauntlet. Nor that he ever took it away unless necessary, he was quite proud of what it signified

Working overtime was no problem. He was a soldier, and one of the elite. It was somewhat expected when things were truly necessary

Tavar
2011-04-29, 04:12 PM
Chains

A quick salute, and the messenger gets straight to business.
"Taimyo Teresu apologizes about the necessity, but he needs all officers in the fourth field force to report to headquarters right away."

If asked, the messenger produces a paper, marked with Teresu's seal, that says essentially the same thing.

Lochar
2011-04-29, 04:31 PM
James blinked. "Seriously? What the hell is going on, a full scale Realm invasion?"

Tossing the messenger back his scroll, he nods. "If it's going to be that important, give me a minute and I'm on my way."

And putting words to action, it does only take him a minute to finish getting ready and following the messenger out. As he steps out of the apartment, he grabs a twisted leather necklace that has a small gem, absently tucking it under his clothes.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-29, 05:58 PM
"Miss Kari? The Taimyo is requesting your immediate presence! A messenger came to the door, and I said I'd fetch you, and..."
"Ugh. What time is it?"
"According to what you've said before, miss, 'too early'. Quarter past too early."
"Ugh. Fine. Fetch him in, the corridors are winding enough that I can be dressed by the time you get back."
"Yes, miss."

The retainer bobs her head, and goes back to find the messenger. True to her word, Kari is dressed-although very sleepy-by the time they get back.

"The Taimyo, you say? Well, I'd better be going then. Troublesome."

Hope you don't mind that slight liberty. She DOES have Resources five, that's enough for a small palace...

Tavar
2011-04-29, 07:10 PM
James

A salute, and the messenger leaves, confident that James can find his way to headquarters.

In fact, he's there in plenty of time, reminding him of an old adage, hurry up and wait.

Kari

A salute, and the messenger leaves. If you leave now, you reach the amphitheater in plenty of time. In fact, you see James waiting around as well. It doesn't look likehis uniform's been washed, not suprising since it's only been 5 hours.

DukeGod
2011-04-29, 07:22 PM
Asking to see the order as a matter of fact Chains reads through it quickly and knows he probably didn't have much choice in the matter. He barely had changed into his own casual clothes...

"Go,I'll get dressed. And it's not about the necessity. It's that you could have disturbed my wife's sleep. That would not be good...

Entering the house again, he quickly changes into his so called uniform. While most of the Fang had a similar one his carried a personal modification. The name of the Fang was in both Old and High Realm. He puts the gold ornament again. Kissing Kairi in the cheek he leaves and walks quickly to the headquarters

Brontes
2011-04-29, 07:58 PM
Dalis had woken up in slightly more dazed than most, roused by a soreness on the side of his face and body. He got up, straightened his pants, he had only taken his armor off since last night. Still sore, he brought his hand to his face to find it slightly swollen.

"Crap, didn't think it was this bad." He grimaced, remembering the...skirmish he and the patrol had, "Don't think I can hide it either. Crap."

He jumped slightly at the knock, "Sir! Taimyo Teresu requires your presence at Headquarters!"

Dalis swore, audibly so, before completing his uniform, his Fang's name stitched into the back of his buff jacket. Parting his brown hair to make his eyes visible, he opened the door and and greeted the messenger, "Thank you. I'll head there right away."

Tavar
2011-04-29, 08:30 PM
Chains & Dalis

A salute, and the messenger leaves. You make it to the amphitheater in plenty of time, and see several other members of your fang present, as well as almost every officer of the fourth field force.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-30, 04:45 PM
Kari does in fact leave immediately, and is curious to see everyone when she arrives.

Kris Strife
2011-04-30, 05:51 PM
Azure would not be found in his apartment when the messenger arrives, instead, he'd be in the hangar, adjusting the components of his warstrider's left arm. "You were a bit sluggish yesterday... What was causing the issue? Essence relays look good... Maybe..." His speech would soon ramble off, mostly muttering to himself, occasionally a component, part or number would be audible.

Tavar
2011-04-30, 08:43 PM
Azure
A loud, brash voice cuts through Azure's musings.
"Azure! Get the hell down here!"
You can see Geomf, the logistical commander your fang reports to. Getting off the scaffolding, you see it's not just Geomf, but that there's a messenger following him. Geomf doesn't seem to upset, simply exasperated.
"You know the reg's, your supposed to be rested before working on your strider! Anyways, the messenger was looking for you. The Taimyo wants all the officers for a briefing. Head on down to the amphitheater."

Brontes
2011-05-01, 08:12 PM
Dalis looks around for someone important to talk to in the amphitheater, if only to get an idea where he should sit or go or do at this event. This call may have been last minute, but if it was important then there would be a procedure that he needed to follow.

He sees Karisa nearby. He waves slightly, but doesn't otherwise call her. He hadn't been with the fang long and wasn't sure what to think of his peers yet. Right now, he wanted to know where he was needed. Fraternization could happen later or at their pace.

That and he wasn't sure how to explain his bruises. Falling down some stairs seemed overdone, but then he was really tired after border patrol.

Kris Strife
2011-05-01, 10:18 PM
Azure gets down off the scaffolding as quickly as he can, saluting. "Sorry sir, I figured me being a little tired has far less of an impact than my strider not functioning properly. Thank you for the message, I'll report there immediately." Provided nothing is said, he gives another quick salute before heading to the amphitheater. He'd take a seat towards the back, and a little away from anyone else, letting his mind wander until someone begins speaking.

Tavar
2011-05-02, 12:49 AM
Azure
Geomf returns the appropriate salute, and falls in with you as you walk towards the amphitheater.
"Perhaps, but you've been up for a couple of days, now. I know you Strider riders like to think your invincible, but you're just flesh and blood like the rest of us. You get tired, and we do have a staff that can take care of repairs, you know.
Once you arrive, he splits off, heading towards the front, where higher ranked officers have reserved seats. Doesn't seem like there are many left, and in fact as soon as you sit some messengers play the traditional fanfare.

And then Taimyo Teresu enters. Followed by several messengers and the general staff any high officer seems to generate, he cuts an impressive and dashing figure. Tall, with short cropped dark hair, he has one of those scars that just make him all the more alluring. The blue-green tint to his skin openly proclaims his dragon-blooded heritage, just as the exceptional cut and fit of his uniform show his obvious wealth. Reaching the podium, he waits for a moment, eyes gazing out over the audience, while the conversations die down and everyone either finds a seat or a place to stand. Then, with a formal salute, hand and arm outstretched, he silences the room, and begins.

"Soldiers of Lookshy! I come to you now with dire news. Celeren was besieged, and by now is likely lost. Thorns attacked as expected, but that's not all. For the first time in over 350 years the Realms forces themselves have taken the field. Already detachments of these forces have spread throughout the land, burning and pillaging the lands of our Marukan Allies. Messages have also been sent, and it is clear this is no minor raid. This is a full blown invasion of conquest."

The amphitheater's magic natural enhances his voice, making it fill the room, but you can tell that there is more at work than just that. In fact, while you can hear some whispering, it is both less intense and more hopeful than you would have thought. Meanwhile, gripping the podium with both hands as he leans forward, seeming to look at each one of you with great intensity.

"But that does not matter. Let the decadent Realm send it's legions. We threw them back to their pitiful island before, and we did it alone. Now, though, we may remain the Confederation's shield, but they have been tempered, steadied by the time we've given them. Now is the time to cast down the shield, to reforge it into a Sword. And with this sword, we will slay the Dragon of the Isle, showing that it should have stuck with sending catspaws at us.

But time is short. We will begin preparations to march out momentarily, as will the other field forces in the city. With the situation so fluid, we do not yet have firm objectives, but the General Staff has decided that the provisional meeting point shall be Mishaka. Thus, we want to secure the area as soon as possible. Officers above Taizei rank will come for a further meeting, to discuss matters more closely, as well, as to receive and special assignments. The rest of you, gather the men, and make preparations to move out. I want to be marching out of the city before Dawn tomorrow! Dissmissed, but remember; The Seventh Endures!"

Again he salutes you, and then walks off stage. The first couple of rows all follow him out. Meanwhile, the aisles are crowded with junior officers attempting to leave.

Natural Mental Influence!
Unless you spend a 2 willpower, you gain a positive intimacy towards Lookshy, or if you already have one it is strengthened. Also, you feel hopeful and elated.

Yeah, yeah, not that important, but I figured it was in theme. Everyone knows about the inspiring pre-campaign speeches, after all. Probably isn't quite that good, but that's the idea.

The Salute is supposed to be modeled on the Roman one, because the image is pretty nice.

Brontes
2011-05-02, 08:43 PM
Spend 2 WP. Remaining: 6/8
As usual, Dalis found much of the speech tiring: The usual boilerplate of glorifying Lookshy and demonizing the Realm. Granted, the Realm was invading, but given Lookshy attitudes of their peers, Dalis could not help but wonder if Lookshy wouldn't give it a shot themselves eventually. Still, he could not help but grin at the promise of battle. The chance of fighting actual Realm trained soldiers was not one to be passed up.

But duty comes before pleasure, and as a Chozei, Dalis had to gather the troops and handle preparations. Looking around at the crowd, he could pick out a few of the other Fang members. He waved vigorously to try and get their attention and grinned viciously.

DukeGod
2011-05-02, 11:08 PM
Chains had found the speech truly inspiring. Once the Taimyo leaves, he too tries to urge some of the man. And then begings to let his mind catch up with the news

He was somewhat glad he didn't had to go to the meeting. He still wished to have some rest and talk to his wife before leaving. And make their usual promise that no matter what he would come back. Going to talk to brothrs of fang

Firsly going towards Dalis as he knew the man would find a way to call the attention of others

Lix Lorn
2011-05-03, 05:09 AM
Kari salutes back as the speech ends, eyes glimmering with pride.

Lochar
2011-05-03, 06:32 AM
Willpower spent: 5/7 remaining.

James grins along with the rest of the people, but he'd always been a bit of a loner. The Seventh would endure of course, it always had, but it wouldn't be based on any singular mortal. They'd be fielded where numbers would matter, while the dragons would go where the biggest battles would be, and the magics were required.

Seeing Dalis flagging him down, James rolls his eyes and heads over. "What's up?"

Brontes
2011-05-03, 07:31 PM
"Just trying to get everyone together," Dalis responds, still grinning, "Being Chozei and all, figure out what we need to do before tomorrow, direct our support staff, that kind of thing. Probably get our leader to talk with our Taizei when the meeting is over."

Dalis continues to try and flag the other members, "Speech didn't really do anything for me, what about you?"

Lochar
2011-05-03, 08:08 PM
"Same thing as always." James shrugs. "We will prevail, yadda yadda. While they're right, it's not going to matter which of us mortals their success builds off of."

A laugh. "Either way, we get to poke a dragon in the eye, eh?"

Brontes
2011-05-03, 08:23 PM
"Oh, yes," Dalis' grin only widens, "If they're serious, some of the Realm soldiers have to be dragon-trained, right? I'd love to sink my teeth into one of them."

DukeGod
2011-05-05, 11:09 PM
He nods to Dalis. He would talk to the Taizei later. But it seemed not everyone truly believed in the speech. James last sentence however was something he could not truly accept

"What are you talking about James?We are more than just any mortals. The Seveth may endure but we are the Steeled Fireflies. We have faced nightmares that would make the drabon-blooded wet their beds with fire and came out victorious. And in this battle we will outdo them once more. They may have all the magical power they want. We got all the one we need in our wastriders. Even if they can throw fireballs or tsunamis we will show them how do WE pilot a giant robot. And that is. PRETTY. FREACKING. DAMN. WELL!!"

Chains was someone else with his Fang and anyone he knew truly well. He was more informal to say the least...

Lochar
2011-05-06, 07:01 AM
"Oh I know that." James crosses his arms behind his head.

"But they don't care, so long as we get our objectives done, you know that. The most recognition we get is the tougher assignments."

Kris Strife
2011-05-06, 04:07 PM
Azure enjoys the speech, including the inspirational aspects of it, sitting until the crowd clears a bit. He starts for the door, stopping he sees Dalis waving. He heads over, not joining in the conversation for a bit.

When it seems to have gone quiet, he speaks softly, and a little hesitantly "Is... Is there anything anyone would like me to work on with their strider before we go? I, um... Probably won't have time for anything r-really big before we go, and most of the repair work is done already, but I, uh, might have time to make a few small adjustments. Adjust the response times, maybe make things move a bit smoother. Won't be enough to make you faster, or more accurate, but it could make things a bit more comfortable... The harnesses aren't supposed to chafe, and the enlisted mechanics tend to set everything to regulation, never fit anyone properly... Not trying to be pushy, but just show up at the hangar if you want me to do something for you."

Brontes
2011-05-09, 06:54 PM
Dalis' eyes widened at Chains' passion. Dalis hadn't been piloting long, his admittance into the Fang was due to his battle prowess and not much else. He had wanted to say something, but quickly decided against it.

"Thanks, Azure," Dalis addresses his mechanic teammate, eager to change gears, "I would like a once-over on the Mountainside. I haven't been a pilot for too long, so I might have overlooked something or overdid a maneuver in my inexperience. I don't know, it's why I'm asking."

He stretches his right arm a bit, "I am chafing at the arms when I pilot the big guy, but I think that's my fault there. I'm a bit...wild and fanciful in my technique, I don't think my Warstrider was designed for that kind of movement. Probably just need to exercise more restraint and efficiency in my own movements, y'know."

DukeGod
2011-05-12, 10:05 AM
"We don't really have time for that Azure..."

Looking once at each of his companions he decides they should follow the Taimyo's instructions rather quickly

"Let's pack our stuff and meet at the hangar as soon as possible. Once dawn arrives we have to be outside the city. Anyone who meets with Kari let her know. I'll try to talk with our commander to see if we can activate the warstriders and walk out of the city with them"

Walking around he quickly tries to reach their commander before he goes to receive the further instructions. He didn't want to disturb the meeting and was pretty sure that it would take a while. Time he didn't know wether they had or not

Tavar
2011-05-13, 01:00 AM
Unfortunately, your commander is long gone. In fact, they left for the room some time ago. On they way, however, you do run into someone familiar. Chuzei Teresu Kosu, some kind of cousin to the Taimyo. Technically he's your counterpart in Teresu's Own, another warstrider fang. Anyone who actually believed that should probably get their head examined. He doesn't show it, but he's a dragonblooded, and rumor is he's going to be moving up in ranks soon, as if the family name wasn't proof enough already.

He's obviously seen you as well, as he's already moving towards you. Making an informal salute, appropriate considering the circumstances, he addresses you with strained politeness, barely hiding the urgency in his voice.
"Chains. Not much time to talk right now. Get your men to the hanger, now. There's more going on than the Taimyo just said. It'll be explained then."

Brontes
2011-05-13, 08:18 PM
"Wait, what?" Dalis raises an eyebrow, "Does news in the Teresu household travel that loosely? If he's right, you'd think the Taimyo would want critical information like that kept more secret."

He shrugs slightly, "Eh, whatever, I guess we'll find out on our own soon enough. I'll try and find Karisa, not like I'm any good with Warstrider maintenance anyway."

DukeGod
2011-05-14, 05:35 PM
Chains sighs. Apparently he was not going to go home so early. Considering to simply go aniway and quickly to the hangar he dismisses the idea. Kosu might just be in his position due to family and being Dragon-Blooded but he still was and was probably going to outrank him anytime soon. Bad idea to disrespect potential bosses

"Fine. As soon as we find Karisa we meet you there..."

As soon as Kosu is out of his sight, he pretty much shudders. There was a chance they were goint to be on the same mission then. Kosu in a warstrider was a particulary scary thought for him. Principally Chains was nearby...

Lix Lorn
2011-05-15, 09:41 AM
Kari rolls her eyes a little, and smirks.
"To the hangar then." she drawls. "Time to prove our superiority yet again."

Brontes
2011-05-15, 04:09 PM
Dalis eyes the other two bemusedly, confused by their attitude to Kosu. The guy was willing to give them a heads up, after all, and may be more helpful once they meet up again.

Still, he hasn't been in the Fireflies long, maybe their attitude would be more apparent over time. He nods to Karisa and makes toward the hangar.

"I wonder if there will be time for a practice session or a drill or something. The promise of battle has me chomping at the bit for action."

Lochar
2011-05-15, 04:56 PM
"Likely? No. I'll give you better odds that we're shuffled out as soon as possible." James shrugs.

He then turns and heads towards the exit. "Alright, I'm heading for the hangar."

Kris Strife
2011-05-15, 04:58 PM
Azure opens his mouth to speak, but quickly shuts it when he sees someone approaching. Once Kosu leaves again, he speaks quietly. "I-it won't take very long at all Chains... No more than a few minutes, just to adjust the fit and... well, ignoring t-this could have... erm... serious consequences later... If we get deployed right now, then I w-want to work on it as soon as possible. Um... Before you do any practice while in your strider Dalis."

Brontes
2011-05-15, 05:19 PM
"Hey, I can practice outside a 'strider as much as in it. I'm still working through the patterns of a move Zelis is trying to teach me, and I would like to get them down perfectly before I meet her again."

DukeGod
2011-05-15, 10:03 PM
"Well Zalis, we really like to feel proud at our apprentices. I always like when Daemon mastered a crazy stunt I performed in the past"

He smiles and begins to walk towards the hangar, Daemon being his apprentice, Daemon Spiral, his unnoficial apprentice. He really liked the kid, had some potential

"Well if you really would like Blade. If someone bothers you tell them to go talk to me"

He liked to use "Blade" instead of "Azure"...

Tavar
2011-05-18, 09:44 PM
Nearing the hanger, you're surprised to see several groups of guards in the way. They wave you along soon enough, but it's a rather odd departure from standard procedure. Entering, you see the other fangs, plus the attendant support staff, and Geomf. As well as the Taimyo. And he doesn't look pleased, though at least it doesn't seem directed at any of you.

Taking the offered seats, you sit in silence as the last few stragglers fall in, with Kosu entering last. He doesn't go sit with the rest of his fang, however, instead moving to stand slightly behind Geomf and the Taimyo, and to the side of the easil set up there. Examining it, you realize it's a map of the coast.

As soon as he does so, the Taimyo begins. "Enough with the theatrics, then. What you just heard wasn't all that we know. The Realm is sending another force, by sea, but it was delayed in leaving due to severe storms. It was supposed to land at several points along the coast and work it's way inward, raiding as it went, before eventually consolidating here."
Teresu points to a location on the road about halfway between Lookshy and Mishaka. Still in the foothills, though.
"They'd be able to cut the road, likely forcing us to abandon Mishaka, possibly everything south of the Yanaze river. We can't afford for that to happen. Now, we could simply keep a sizeable force on the flank, to ward them off, but the general staff has decided on something a bit different. Their landing strategy gives us a unique opportunity to defeat them in detail, as well as bolster our allies courage, given the situation.

But this has to be kept relatively secret, or the force will pull back. In order to hide your movements as best we can, each field force is sending once talon of warstriders to deal with the threat, and you will pick up mortal infantry and cavalry along the way.

Overall command will go to Taizei Karal, of the First feild force. But that won't matter much, as you'll have quite a bit of ground to cover. It has been decided that each talon will be given it's own area to cover. You have been assigned this area, around the town of Kanzer's Folly. Taizei Geomf will finish the briefing. I'll see you when you return triumphant."
A salute, and the Taimyo leaves. Geomf sets forward, taking his place. Unlike the Taimyo, he takes a somewhat lighter tone with you.
"Well, the Taimyo went over the basic idea, so I'll fill in some of the details. We'll be marching out in 12 hours. You can go and tell family that you're leaving, but not under any circumstances can you tell them were you're going, besides Mishaka. If you aren't ready by then, you can go talk to the Taimyo. I'm sure he'll be delighted. We'll march for Kanzer's Folly, where I'll be setting up our base camp and supply center. Now, don't worry. I may be in command, but I'm no tin-jockey. From there, we'll divide into two forces. Red force, under the command of Chuzei Teresu Kosu, will take the southern area. Blue force, under the command of Chuzei Chains to Legends, the north. Both of those officers are free to set up a temporary chain of command, which will be followed. Also, on the march we'll firm up the exact contents of each force, but the important part is moving out as fast as we can. I know you were all looking forward to some nice R&R, but remember; the Seventh Endures.

Any questions, or are you ready to get packing."

Lix Lorn
2011-05-19, 04:28 AM
"Ready and willing." smiles Kari widely, already looking forward to it.

DukeGod
2011-05-19, 03:49 PM
Not possessing any doubts, Chains salutes Geomf before turning and dismissing most of his fang. Going towards Azure Blade with his new marching time however he asks

"I know you want to spend as much time with your family as possible right now and I ain't gonna force you into anything. It's nothing major. But if you pack up sooner than expected and have time to spare, could you do a check in our warstriders? Looks like they will be doing more work than we believed..."

Finally dismissing him too, he sees if anyone else needs him right now

Lix Lorn
2011-05-19, 03:54 PM
Kari will return home to pack, respectfully informing her parents formally of her incoming assignment.

She will then spend several minutes promising to be careful, safe, stay away from the close quarters, and remember to pack plenty of warm clothing. And cold clothing. And temperate clothing. And...
After half an hour, she will have escaped and begun packing.

Kris Strife
2011-05-19, 07:34 PM
Azure waits patiently through the briefing, nodding and then sighing at how soon the departure time is. Standing for the return salute, he waits for the crowd to disperse so he can get back to work. Azure seems puzzled when Chains walks over, waiting for him to speak.

"I... I uh... Don't have any family Chains... Only person I know outside of, of the Fang i-is my master... And, well... He'd just put me to work, repairing a warstrider anyways..." Azure shrugs and shakes his head. "L-like I, said um... before, j-just have everyone come to me, if they, uh... have an issue with their Warstrider... I can um... Only do the r-regulation repairs if they don't tell me what's wrong..."

Brontes
2011-05-19, 07:55 PM
"Well, like I said earlier, I'd like Mountainside to better accommodate my movements, if that's not too much trouble," Dalis chimes in, "I'd say more about it, but I'd like to get packed and run an errand or two. Best of luck."

Saluting Azure and Chains, Dalis heads toward his quarters. He packs what provisions he deems necessary for the trip. With that out of the way, he puts together a letter to send to his mentor.

Teacher,

Going to be away indefinitely on Taimyo's orders. Attached is my latest training log. I hope my progress is to your satisfaction. I'll try and bring you back something from my trip.

You student, Var Dalis.

Dalis frowns a bit at the letter, "It'll have to do.", before attaching it to a small book.

Dalis takes out another book, pages blank, to take with him and heads down toward the hangar. He stops at one point to drop off the letter and log.

DukeGod
2011-05-21, 06:14 PM
Not finding anyone who particularly wanted to talk to him Chains goes back to his home. Finding Kairi already awake and obviously looking worried he nervously licks his own lips. It was an old quirk. He never liked that part

"You're gonna have to go into some war mission won't you?"

He nods. Approaching he fills her in. He would have to go to Mishaka. And he could not tell the rest. Beginning to pack his things, she makes him some breakfast. He eats it purely for measure, the food tasted bad. Not because she was a bad cook but nothing in him could appreciate the following hours.

Having finished, he kisser her. Then again, this time on the cheek and heads for the door. He gets stopped as soon as he opens it

"Aren't you forgetting anything?"

Clenching his fists, and closing his eyes, he stops himself from just staying there and never showing up. Opening the eyes slowly he speaks, with renewed confidence

"I swear I will return. No matter what happens. No matter what Samsara says. Even if the sun doesn't rise. So please....wait for me"

Leaving, with his backpack and a more formal uniform. It had the Fang's name in both High and Old Realm. Heading for the hangar, the only thing in his mind seems to become "The Realm won't stand a chance!"

Lochar
2011-05-21, 10:07 PM
"Right..." James says under his breath, nodding. There was very little he needed to get ready, seeing as he moved as lightly as possible, even when tied to the Seventh.

Kris Strife
2011-05-23, 03:59 PM
Azure sighs and gets to work, finishing up with his strider before giving the rest of the Fang's a once over. Afterwards he sits and waits to see if any of them come for any custom requests, staying until lights out, or he's otherwise forced to leave.

Tavar
2011-06-05, 01:56 AM
The march to the forest doesn't take too long. Oddly enough, for a forest supposedly thick with them, no bandits attempt to attack your force. Spreading your forces out a bit, you prepare the ambush positions, with quite a bit of help from the Fist of the Fleet. You can't actually make decent paths, but with selective cuttings, your Warstriders will be able to burst through to the road with little effort. The regular soldiers have it even easier, with trenches and barricades built just a few feet into the dense brush, providing near perfect concealment.

A few more days pass, and you see a fire on the horizon. Soon, refugee's come pouring down the road. You're able to take pick up another scale of fighting men, though they're a motley bunch, surviving militia from the various towns and villages. Not hard to fit them into your plans, though, and they're eager, if nothing else.

Finally, the day dawns with word from your scouts. The enemy is approaching, and doing so in force. Your scouts weren't able to get a truly good count, but at minimum the force is three times your own's size, though the number of warstriders seems to be even. They are rather overconfident, though. No scouts to speak of, with their vanguard seemingly in place only out of tradition. Letting the wing of cavalry pass, you catch site of your true objectives: the warstriders.

Looking over them, your not impressed. the entire force seems to only have 2 noble class, the rest being common class. They also seem to be relatively simple, artifice wise. A truly extravagant amount of decorations, though. You let the first group pass so they fall fully into the trap, but the second group is right were you want them. Fist of the Fleet may be closer to two fangs, but they're fast enough to break towards you, and they're commander does have some initiative. The only question left is which strider will fall first...

So. To speed things up; you will get surprise. Essentially assume one action, then Join battle is rolled.

At the moment, we're not going to be using the mass combat rules. Or, at least, not quite. I'll deal with the statistics of the normal troops on both sides. Combat between warstriders will be treated as normal combat, with the mass combat rules only coming up if you instead attack the formations of normal troops. As for the next part,

You have a midsized Dragon of troops with you(475). The enemy has about 1,250. The Cavalry is concentrated in the Vanguard, and is about 150 men strong, which has passed a bit ahead of you. The Enemy warsriders are concentrated in the next section, consisting of about 600 men, divided into wings, then talons. Each has it's own grouping of warstriders, clustered at the head of the wing. This grouping is a mix of infantry and archers. The next section is about 300 infantry, obviously of poorer quality than the rest. In the rear is the supply and loot column, guarded by about 200 infantry of medium quality.

The Section of warstriders closest to your fang consists of 1 noble class, and 4 common class. You have the means to signal the attack to everyone else as well. This isn't an action.

DukeGod
2011-06-06, 01:54 PM
During the days that passed Chains explained the plan. He wanted to meet the bandits and maybe get their help but apparently that was no going to be possible

They let the cavalry pass. The warstriders were the biggest danger, even in the dense forest. It would't remain a dense forest if they battled on it and that would completely destroy their advantage. He knew he would have to hold back as his main weapon caused fire, so he couldn't use most of its powers.

There were 5 of them nearby. Good. He passes some commands in hand signs. He and James, would go for the Noble. Everyone else should choose a common and try to take him down in one hit. Other units should do similar. Noble enemies should be engaged by at least one Noble + anyone else and Common could be taken single-handedly by another Common or two Scouts. Cause minimum damage to the forest

Using the Essence of his Fire Lance he charges it. The next attack would carry extra power, but the flames wouldn't spread around. Moving behind the enemy's Noble he strikes

2 motes to Charge Fire Lance, straight from the thing's battery
[roll0]
22L Damage, 25L if you consider it a charge
Fire Lance 38/40

Brontes
2011-06-09, 07:15 PM
Dalis begins hopping madly from his hiding place, placing himself under some branches with a peculiar set of trees behind his newly acquired opponent.

"Target Triangulated," Dalis speaks, grinning slightly, "Avalanche Strike Commence."

His stance widens, the Mountainside vibrates as he unloads both of his bolt launchers into the enemy.

A Move and two Archery Attacks
Dexterity (4) + Archery (3+1) -2 (Multi-Action Penalty)=[roll0]
Followed by another Archery Attack [roll1]

Assuming that I get Five Dragon Blocking Technique before the surprise round. I get +1 PDV.

WP: 5
Motes: 11/20

Lix Lorn
2011-06-11, 10:40 AM
Kari brings her weapon to bear, bracing herself as it gathers essence, drawing through its hearthstone.

And she joins hostilities with a terrific blast of essence, pushing her backwards several yards, leaving furrows in the ground.

Targetting the most dangerous one that isn't within three yards of any of my allies.

[roll0]
Does 20B+sux damage to anything within three yards of the impact, and is piercing.

Tavar
2011-06-18, 04:22 PM
Bursting from the forest, you send enemy soldiers pinwheeling away. The chaos from your surprise attack is already apparent, and the enemy warstriders have only a few scant seconds before you're on them. Almost invulnerable jade alloy is tested, and fails against your weaponry. None of the warstriders fall, but the noble leading the group is heavily damaged, leg dragging.

Straining his warstrider's enhanced musculature, James draws his bow, and quickly fires several arrows at the enemy warstriders, catching the noble in the rents already opened by Chain's charge.

Chain does 5 levels of lethal damage to the enemy.

Dalis, who are you attacking?

Kari's shot does 7 levels and 6 levels of damage two common warstrider's.

James arrows do 6 lethal levels of damage.

Kris Strife
2011-06-27, 04:54 PM
Azure watches the enemy striders, waiting for his allies to cease firing their essence cannons, not wanting to be caught in the blasts. He pickes out one of the near by commons that he's noted is carrying a bow, rather than a close range weapon and turns Cerulean Goliath to face it. "Okay... Let's show what we can do..." Azure crouches down, carefully angling his strider's jump jets so they'll send him forward, rather than up. He braces his shield with his left arm and right hand before activating the thrusters.

He rockets forwards, the thruster's flames scorching the ground. Azure gritted his teeth and braced for impact even inside the reinforced armour of his strider.
The impact was tremendous, but even then Cerulean Goliath's feet digging into the soil, shield braced against his enemy as he fought to drive the target back, back and right out of the unit.

(Strength + Martial arts to clinch and knock the opponent back) [roll0]

Tavar
2011-07-08, 12:42 PM
The surprised common puts up little resistance, and you easily smash into it, sending it flying. Not far, perhaps, but it does disrupt the mortals even more.

All around you, the chaos of a successful ambush plays out. Men running from hails of arrows, right into the waiting fangs of your forces. You can tell that the entire army is on the verge of routing. Suddenly, a voice rings out, roaring from the Realm's noble warstrider.
"MEN of the REALM, to Me! Let us teach these mongrels how a true warrior fights."
You can feel the magic steeped in his words, and with a defiant, though defensive, pose, he manages to rally the army. True, their are handfuls of men here and there who continue to run, but it's clear that to break this army, you must first break that pilot. Realizing this, James snaps off another shot, but this one isn't quite as lucky. While it does hit, the damage seems largely superficial.

Meanwhile, the other warstriders seem to be gathering their wits as well.

Azure's maneuver only does 2 levels of bashing damage, but that strider remains inactive, and he did a bit more hurt on the mortal contingent.

James's new attack does 2 more levels of damage to the noble.

Tick order, crossed out means the tick has already happened, or the characters have acted.:
Tick 1:Noble warstrider, James
Tick 3:Azure, 1 enemy common
Tick 4: Chains, Karisa, Dalis, two damaged enemy commons
Tick 5:
Tick 6:The Inactive Warstrider

Kris Strife
2011-08-04, 10:28 AM
Inside the the cockpit of his Strider, Azure looked through the viewports with intense focus. As he reached behind him, the powerful figure of his strider followed suit; where he gripped only an empty handle, the fingers of the strider closed around the Daiklave. Following his motions, the armoured figure drew the sword in a smooth motion, even as it used the other hand to shove back his opponent.
Drawing a breath, his eyes narrowed as both hands settled around the handle of his weapon. Feeling the strider act in unison with him, he bared his teeth and took a step forwards, raising the weapon above his head and sweeping it downwards in a brutal chop even as he gave voice to a yell of exertion inside the cockpit.

Dex + MA [roll0]

Also, sorry about how long this took everyone. :smallfrown:

It shouldn't take this long next time.

Tavar
2011-08-04, 09:35 PM
It's sprawled nature makes it surprisingly difficult to damage, but you're still able to get a good, hard, stab in. The other Common Warstrider isn't idle, though. Charging Azure, it unleashes a flurry of quick stabs and slashes.

Azure's maneuver does 2 levels of damage to the warstrider. Pretty lucky since he only had 2 dice to work with.
The other common attacks Azure. 8, 4, 4 successes.

Azure can stunt his defense, and the next tick of participants can go.

Tick order, crossed out means the tick has already happened, or the characters have acted.:
Tick 1:Noble warstrider, James
Tick 3:Azure, 1 enemy common
Tick 4: Chains, Karisa, Dalis, two damaged enemy commons
Tick 5:
Tick 6:The Inactive Warstrider

DukeGod
2011-08-10, 08:39 PM
Chains begins to think of a better plan as the enemy summons Essence. He must've been a Dragon-Blooded...

The enemy could summon the power from the world to help him. He would neet it.

With a burst of speed Chains makes the Flaming Sword diagonally left. He waits until the last second, when the enemy is sure the attack is coming from that way and moves his sword to intercept what seems like a telephone blow and suddenly stirs to the right slipping past the weapon and attacking the unguarded belly with another charged lance attack

"THIS IS A DUEL! FIREFLIES! CRUSH THEM ALL!!"

Attacking again! Stunting goes to the attack
[roll0]
22L damage + sux (25 if that can be considered a charge. I didn't particularly see it as one)
Fire Lance: 36/40

Lix Lorn
2011-08-11, 06:03 PM
Kara rapidly scans for a target not near to any of her allies, braces her feet against the ground, and fires again!

Pretty much the same as last time, I think. I'll target the nearest enemy to me that isn't within three yards of one of my allies. If necessary, I'll move first.
[roll0]
20dB+sux damage to target and anything within 2 yards. Piercing.

Brontes
2011-08-13, 10:50 PM
Dalis grins widely as the Mountainside moves toward their new prey, a step behind his leader.

"At last," he exclaims, "Dragonblooded, real meat for the Dog!"

Like a dog waiting for his meal, Dalis follows the opening made by his leader's attack. The fire lance is soon followed by the thrust of the Dragon's Fang.

In the returning motion of his attack, the Mountainside falls back behind his leader, planting itself firmly on the ground and widening its stance.

The Mountainside stood like a wall to all comers.

Move, Attack, Blockade, -2 DV, -2 Penalty
Martial Arts + Dexterity + Acc + Specialty: 5 (+2 Warstrider)+4+2
[roll0]

Base Attack Strength (Strength +Damage): 3+8=11L
Blockade has 5 to 6 dice