kiryoku
2011-04-29, 10:01 PM
any with fire rage, enhancements, or fear based abilities

i am a barbarian5, psychic warrior 4, and warforged paragon 1 gestalt
i plan on taking pyrokineticist

i dont like anything that gives you the fire subtype

Hirax
2011-04-29, 10:05 PM
Champion of Gwynharwyf (Book of Exalted Deeds), runescarred berserker (Unapproachable East), berserk (Deities & Demigods), fist of the forest (Complete Champion), and though not a prestige class, warblade (Tome of Battle) is a good option.

edit: Since nobody else posted yet, just in case I'll also post the obvious one: frenzied berserker from Complete Warrior. Also, frostrager and primeval are from Frostburn, and bear warrior from Complete Warrior might also be of interest. If you take bear warrior or primeval, warshaper (also Complete Warrior) is definitely worth looking into.

kiryoku
2011-04-29, 10:10 PM
thats alot of options thanks i could use more if anyone else has some.

Urpriest
2011-04-29, 10:12 PM
What do you mean by "enhancements"?

In terms of fear, Ghost-Faced Killer and Avenging Executioner aren't bad. They aren't strictly barbarian Prcs, but they don't do badly with a barbarian chassis.

Darth Stabber
2011-04-29, 10:16 PM
Well if you want to circumvent the weakness of fire subtype I recommend the feat from frostburn that gives you the cold subtype while raging, and the one from sand storm that gives you the fire subtype while raging. You become flaming ice while raging!

Bear Warrior is my default answer for barbarian prcs, you get turn into a bear while raging. There are some good bonuses there. And you probably already meet the prerequisites.

Combine both and become an angry freezeflaming bear!

Also, totemist is absolutely bonkers for gestalt meleers.

kiryoku
2011-04-29, 10:35 PM
by enhancement anything that helps rage or makes me do fire damage.
increases fear of me stuff like that.

edit: you know what items feats or any thing else too.

Bang!
2011-04-29, 11:24 PM
If you can use the Hyperconscious book (third party, but probably the best supplement 3.5 psionics has), there's a decent PrC called Cerebral Rager that combines rage with manifesting.

It gets some Intimidate bonuses, the ability to manifest in a Rage-like state and gets to be so angry that badguys take fistfuls of d6s when it looks at them.

Darth Stabber
2011-04-30, 12:00 AM
Perhaps someone could help me with name and source, but I believe that there is a feat that allows barbarian to make a free intimidate check (with some sort of range, like 30') when they begin raging.

The two feat I mentioned in previous post give you immunity to cold and fire damage respectively. The bear warrior gives you huge bonuses while raging and claw claw bite natural weapons. There is a prc in frostburn that gives your fists cold damage while raging, you might be able to talk you gm into letting you switch the cold for fire and refluff it. There is a lot of really cool barbarian stuff that focuses on unarmed combat. With the right build you get more weird abilities than a monk and you get to actually be good at punching people.

Greenish
2011-04-30, 12:06 AM
Perhaps someone could help me with name and source, but I believe that there is a feat that allows barbarian to make a free intimidate check (with some sort of range, like 30') when they begin raging.That would be Intimidating Rage, from CW.

TroubleBrewing
2011-04-30, 04:41 AM
Check Eldariel's signature for his "Being Bane" guide. Not only is it some of the funniest stuff ever, but it's got a lot of good tips for barbarians.

Kaeso
2011-04-30, 06:58 AM
That would be Intimidating Rage, from CW.

That still requires a standard action though. However, if you combine intimidating rage with immedeate rage and the skill trick "never outnumbered", you can intimidate multiple targets within range before it's even your turn.
If you have some lucky rolls you can shut down the enemy in one turn, something that only most spellcasters can equal.

Greenish
2011-04-30, 10:48 AM
That still requires a standard action though.No, it doesn't: "you designate a single foe within 30 feet of you that you can attempt to demoralize as a free action".

Whether you get to use free actions outside of your own turn is also a point of contention, so the immediate rage trick might not work.

Kaeso
2011-04-30, 11:36 AM
No, it doesn't: "you designate a single foe within 30 feet of you that you can attempt to demoralize as a free action".

Whether you get to use free actions outside of your own turn is also a point of contention, so the immediate rage trick might not work.

Ah, I was confused on intimidating rage then, but immedeate rage allows you to rage as an immedeate action, which also means you can rage when it's not even your turn.

Greenish
2011-04-30, 11:42 AM
immedeate rage allows you to rage as an immedeate action, which also means you can rage when it's not even your turn.I know, but Intimidating Rage is still a free action, and there's a good argument to be made for not being able to use those when it's not your turn. :smallamused:

flabort
2011-04-30, 05:35 PM
Here's a question:
How many barbarian PrCs still work with the whirling frenzy ACF?
If a DM allowed Whirling Frenzy to be used to qualify for PrCs requiring Rage, what kinds of awesome builds could you make (Whirling Frenzy+frenzied berserker? "Whoo! I'm SUPER FRENZIED!")?

Greenish
2011-04-30, 05:44 PM
Here's a question:
How many barbarian PrCs still work with the whirling frenzy ACF?!")?I should think Champion of Guahfauiuahrkabfkljbeglabigilabfgoafhi works. Likewise, Frostrager, Fist of the Forest, maybe Bear Warrior.

flabort
2011-04-30, 05:51 PM
That's a pretty cool image.
"I'm so fast, I turn into a bear!"

dgnslyr
2011-04-30, 06:42 PM
Bear Warrior is pretty much the best barbarian PrC ever, because, as stated before, you become so angry you become a BEAR.

Fist of the Forest is also good if you like unarmed strikes, which can be used with Bear Warrior's natural attacks under some interpretations. Even if you don't care for punching people to death with your bare bear hands, you still get CON to AC, which can actually make your AC go up when you rage.

Barbarian definitely has some of the most fun PrCs for core melee-types.

kiryoku
2011-04-30, 07:19 PM
are there any prc that use weapons instead of unarmed or natural weapons.

Hirax
2011-04-30, 07:48 PM
are there any prc that use weapons instead of unarmed or natural weapons.

Uh, what do you mean? Around half of the classes in my first post don't have any abilities related to unarmed strikes.

dgnslyr
2011-04-30, 08:11 PM
Besides, what's wrong with natural attacks? I'd imagine Psywar claw-based powers would work well with your very own set of bare bear claws. Even better, Expansion makes you an even bigger bear! Sounds like a pretty fun gestalt combo.

What's wrong with a Pyro bear? Is there a reason you can't Weapon Afire your claws? Or Hands Afire your knee or elbow or forehead, if you care for unarmed strikes? Sounds like a hilariously awesome character, this flaming bear.
I'll be sad if Hands Afire requires setting your hands specifically on fire, instead of any Unarmed Strike-appropriate body part.

Urpriest
2011-04-30, 09:06 PM
Besides, what's wrong with natural attacks? I'd imagine Psywar claw-based powers would work well with your very own set of bare bear claws. Even better, Expansion makes you an even bigger bear! Sounds like a pretty fun gestalt combo.

What's wrong with a Pyro bear? Is there a reason you can't Weapon Afire your claws? Or Hands Afire your knee or elbow or forehead, if you care for unarmed strikes? Sounds like a hilariously awesome character, this flaming bear.
I'll be sad if Hands Afire requires setting your hands specifically on fire, instead of any Unarmed Strike-appropriate body part.

He might be wanting to abuse the touch attack whip-thingy with Power Attack.

If so, the mechanically best choice is Frenzied Berserker, though it's a devil to make it work without killing off your friends. Probably the most straightforward way is to just spend all of your frenzies when you're alone before anything can trigger them, so you reduce the class to basically just the Power Attack boosts.

Beyond that, I'm going to recommend Ghost-Faced killer again, since it offers nice fear and Power Attack synergy, which seems to be one useful avenue for you.

IthroZada
2011-04-30, 09:15 PM
I'm thinking the OP does not want natural attacks because Balrogs use swords and whips generally, and this character sounds very much like the one where he was asking how best to turn a warforged into a Balrog.