PDA

View Full Version : Adeptus Evangellion: The blood of Martrys

profitofrage
2011-04-29, 10:26 PM
It has been 15 years since Second Impact.
An explosion in Antarctica vaporized the entire continent. The resulting tidal waves killed billions worldwide and flooded coastal regions of every continent. Worse yet, the very axis of the Earth itself was permanently shifted, causing a global climate change that devastated crops and added incredible strain to already decimated regions.
In the following devastation, many countries and governments collapsed entirely as the
United Nations struggled to hold humanity together. Rioting and war became common as vital
resources disappeared virtually overnight. The months following Second Impact left no one unscathed, and all told only half of the human race survived the disaster and our resulting fear-induced stupidity.
That was 15 years ago.
It was years before the situation stabilized enough for the UN to mount an expedition to
ground zero to investigate the explosion. A report was published, proving that Second Impact
was the result of a 4-inch meteorite traveling at 95% of the speed of light, much too small and traveling far too quickly to have been detected before its devastating collision with the Earth’s South Pole. To this day, all but the most well -informed of individuals believe this.
In truth, Second Impact was caused by the awakening and subsequent defeat of a powerful being since labeled “Adam”. A being older than life on Earth, and of extraterrestrial origin.
Adam was the first. He was not the last. Humanity is under threat again, and if even a single battle is lost it could mean the end of the entire human race.
That fate of the world is in your hands. Don’t **** it up. -Adeptus Evangelion introduction

The Current Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4dE0VJ-2nI <----compulsory
The Angels have come...Sachiel was spotted rising up out of the ocean and began heading for nerv. It completly wiped out a coastal town that was nearbye...collateral damage was huge.
The UN immediatly responded with full force, Indeed the Japanese government was shocked to find the equivelant of an invasion force suddenly on there doorstep and sending entire wings of aircraft to intercept.
Unsurprisingly the Angel manefested its AT field and waded through unchecked and unharmed.
Indeed It was only after huge losses did they finally transfer control of the situation to Nerv High Command. The Commander immediatly issued the order to drop an N2 mine on the enemy which only served to slow it down. The shock and horror of the world was finally realised...but Nerv was already in its various stages of preperation.

The Pilots were all assembled..and after brief introductions and meetings with Commander Takana were sent to the first official breifing they would be given. Indeed this is the first time any of the pilots have met each other or there Operations Director.
The Commanders 'Right hand man' so to speak known only as Briggs is at the scene to stand in for the Commander..who is currently consolidating the control given to him by the UN.

The Area

http://www.evacommentary.org/appendix/map_hakone-region.gif

http://www.evacommentary.org/images_production/environs-map.jpg

http://www.evacommentary.org/images_production/tokyo3.gif

The Characters

Commander Takana - The current Nerv Commander...nothing is known of his as of yet except for his great use of short cutting sentances fondness of dark forboding rooms...and the aura of unmistakable authority from which he exudes.

Briggs - Techniqually a "consultant" for the commander although would be immediatly promoted to command in case of Takana's absence. He is the good cop to Takana's bad cop.

The Enemies thus far
[Redacted]

Sachiel is currently in a state of hyper Regeneration, it is unclear of his abilities beyond being able to close catastrophic cross shaped explosions. Nothing has gotten past his AT field to this date except the N2 mine so estimations on his approximate strength and durability is unclear...unfortuanatly the Magi system possesses little data for which to compare this angel with..and as such estimations on strength and abilties are limited.

Mechanics

Ok basically the pilots have been taken and thrust into a briefing room with Briggs and the OD. The Magi system has managed to estimate that its only a matter of hours before the Angel is regenerated and continues its beeline path to Tokyo 3.
Its possible to intercept the Angel at the point of Regeneration but everyone would need to leave immediatly, the area itself reduced to a large crater due to the N2 mine.

Intercepting it along its given path would mean choosing the condition of your battle, though structural support would be absent anywhere but the Tokyo 3 area.
The UN forces are still in the area and are likely to lend support should conventional forces be required, however one should take care in the consequences of beseaching outside organisations for aid...this is Nerv's first shot afterall...they need to been to be effective beyond reproach.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-04-29, 10:48 PM
-Satoshi Musashi-
A bespectacled young man with black hair does his best to blend in to the background of the scene. This is made somewhat more difficult by the skin-tight grey-and dark blue jumpsuit he is wearing, with the number 03 emblazoned on it at the collarbone in block lettering. He occasionally glances across the room at the commander, his eyes not giving away any emotion. Or, for that manner, anything at all. His eyes seem half dead, missing a sort of spark that you would normally associate with live people.
"So," he says, his voice dripping with sarcasm, "Why are we here, anyone going to tell me?"

Norpfang
2011-04-29, 10:48 PM
"Here Sir, ready and waiting for your orders. What would you have me do?" A tall, brown-haired boy stands stiff near the door ready at moment's notice do rush to his EVA. "... I see we have other expendable souls in this room. Nice to meet you I am Akira Tendo,"

DrWeird
2011-04-30, 04:17 AM
It was never possible to go without glancing at his face from the moment you met him. Simply being in the same room with the softspoken youth was more than enough to produce an odd stirring - ranging from being curious to feeling disturbed.

The young man of platinum hair that looked otherworldly bright in the fluorescent lighting had said nothing. He had stood at the side betwixt the small assembly of pilots and the Commander, but one would only note the silent child if they actually turned their heads to look. He never failed to greet a look with a thin smile, as if he saw in your eyes a pleasant dream. For most others the nonchalant form he presented would have been pretentious. For him, however...it just made him look like wall decoration.

He says nothing, and the only thing marking the unusual lad as anything but off-putting is the plugsuit he wears, the skintight form revealing a physique that spoke of the greek's perfection of the slim young male human form, only in this case, wrapped in a skintight suit the color of very recently dried blood.

ninja_penguin
2011-04-30, 07:45 PM
Amber Dickson

"I hope that your situational awareness is better then your situational comprehension." Amber said in a reproachful tone to Satoshi.

"And all of you are the farthest thing from expendable." She added to Akira, before glancing over at Stephen. "Mostly."

"Anyway," she added, turning her attention to Briggs and the commander. "We need to finish this briefing quickly and get the units deployed before we waste too much time.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-04-30, 08:42 PM
-Satoshi Musashi-
Satoshi raised his hands in a gesture of mock apology, "I was kind of bodily dragged into the cockpit...entry plug...whatever, and arived here less than two hours ago. Why on earth should I believe I'm fighting something that previously only existed as an internet rumor previously tossed around by conspiracy theory whack-jobs?"
He rolled his eyes, and did his best to look over the other pilots. Let's see, he thought to himself, miltary brat, refers to others as 'souls'. Satoshi mentally filed him under 'not likely to be a problem'. The other one, though, sent a bit of a shiver up his spine, and he had, to his surprise, no idea why. That smile... He was also, apparently, guessing by the doctor-lady's comment, more expendable than himself and the nut job. Whatever that meant.
"Brief on, Doctor, I'm not stopping you," He says, keeping his voice at the same volume throughout the relatively acidic comment.

profitofrage
2011-04-30, 09:04 PM
The Commander shot one sharp look at Satoshi and said a single word.
"Enough" He didnt need to say anything to Amber...she already knew well that somethings should not be said.
The man was no longer in shadows, instead sitting on a chair behind yet another desk in the briefing room with Briggs standing next to him.

Briggs wasted little time walking out and starting the introductions.
"Some of you probably have already had access to the Informational pamhlets on Nerv..others of you might not have...if not youll get them later...basically..Pilots..this is your Operations Director Amber Dickson...you are to follow her orders to the letter much like you would the Commanders." He said before nodding to her and smiling perhaps a little to long before sitting down.
"Please everyone sit...you may have to when you see the footage" He said motioning everyone to the table normally capable of seating a dozen or so diplomats and military personel.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-04-30, 09:18 PM
-Satoshi Musashi-
Satoshi seems to suddenly deflate at the commander's words, and his gaze falls to somewhere on the floor in front of him.
He silently takes a seat as far away from the commander as possible.

Norpfang
2011-04-30, 09:27 PM
"At last we start. Ready and waiting for your commands. Oh, and pleased to meet you, Ma'am," He says, sitting down at the table at the seat closest to the door. Akira reaches into his pocket, grasping tightly on to a small object, the slightest touch of anxiety reflect in his eyes. "Could we keep this briefing short? I would very much like to gut this unnatural beast, sir,"

DrWeird
2011-05-01, 02:57 AM
The boy of odd complexion - pale would be incorrect, as he seemed to be a sheer tone of white not found in the worst of introverts and cancer patients - had lingered almost as if he were a fixture of the room since the other children had arrived, and it seemed appropriate he was the last of them to take a seat, barely making a sound as his slight form found its place in his chair, and allowed his pleasing smile to scan the faces of all present with him, before his knitted fingers supported his chin, and his face vanished towards their shared objective presentation. The view of his shock of platinum hair did nothing to subtract from his appearance.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-02, 11:16 AM
Amber Dickson

Amber pulled out a remote, dimmed the lights, and started playback of the the footage of the angel attack. "The target has, for purposes of common nomenclature, been designated Sachiel." She said, narrating over the otherwise silent footage of Sachiel emerging on the coastline of Japan near Tokyo-3. Early detection of Sachiel's approach meant that there was a literal mass of weaponry pointed in its direction. "As you can see, it's physical structure is generally unarmored on its extremities and it's major point of protection is around its central body mass."

The images sped forward, some live footage from forces on the ground, some of them from aerial footage. "The only known qualities of Sachiel are that its AT field is of sufficient strength to ignore any conventional weaponry. It also possesses the ability to create large explosions of a cross shape."

The footage jumps to satellite footage of the explosion of the N2 mine. "An N2 mine was dropped on the target, but has only incapacitated it. MAGI analysis has indicated that it is in a state of regeneration and has almost completely repaired the damage from the N2 strike."

Amber paused the video. "Any questions so far?"

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-02, 05:06 PM
-Satoshi Musashi-
Satoshi blinks a few times at the apparent invulnerabilty of the kaiju/angel/internet-rumor-made-flesh, somewhat surprised at its apparent lack of reaction to the firepower currently deluging it.
The thing took an N2 mine and wasn't much the worse for it? He thinks. This is insane.
"Yes, one question. If an N2 mine can only force it into temporary dormancy, then what do you expect us to do?"

Norpfang
2011-05-02, 06:00 PM
"Nothing is invulnerable, Ma'am. We will find away to take it down," Akira continues to stare intently at the Ops Director.

DrWeird
2011-05-02, 09:38 PM
"We must fight them."

The sound of the boy's voice is thin like the call of small bird, but the sheer alarm of the foreboding doll of a human actually speaking.

"We must fight them...in kind...Satoshi." His words are without any hint of sentiment; no arrogance, nor sarcasm, or the respectable focus of Akira. Simply statements, as blank as the top of his face. All eyes were met with a relaxed smile.

profitofrage
2011-05-02, 09:58 PM
Briggs said very little after he sat down, instead keeping a calm cool composure as the footage of the Angel tearing apart whole tank formations with ease.
Indeed the Commander was even more detached, instead tapping away at a small pad, looking up only when people spoke.

"As you can all see..the Angels are no small threat...If there are no questions...then well get to the battle plan Miss Dickson has developed." Briggs said calmly, noting that time was not on there side.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-02, 10:12 PM
Amber Dickson

"The difference here is that we now have the Evangelion units available for deployment." Amber said as she resumed the video footage. "With each of you in your respective units, you will be capable of generating an Absolute Territory field in response to Sachiel. MAGI analysis indicates that properly exposing an Absolute Territory field in close proximity to another causes them to cancel each other out. Units-01 and 02 would probably be the most optimal at working together to neutralize Sachiel's AT field and allow the conventional forces and Unit 03 to breach the field successfully and damage the body. Your objective will be to locate and destroy the organ that is providing Sachiel's regeneration, it's life functions should cease at that point."

Amber flicked another switch, ending the looping footage and bringing the lights back to normal. Given Sachiel's line of attack was direct toward Tokyo-3 and the Geofront, we have determined that it's likely path would take it through cities that are not properly fortified. This risk is unacceptable given Sachiel's destructive abilities that it has displayed. Because of this we will be transporting the Evas in their dormant state to the crater to engage Sachiel immediately on activation. This means that the Evas will have a very short operational window, so speed and effeciency will be of the essence." Amber pulled out a cigarette and lighter, flicking it once to light the end, and puffed it gently to get it started. She took a slow inhale, looking over at Takana and Briggs, the unspoken knowledge that the crater would also serve as a more politically acceptable drop zone if the Eva units failed."We will need to leave almost immediately."

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-03, 08:23 AM
-Satoshi Musashi-
Satoshi almost jumps out of his seat when the odd boy opens his mouth.
"Jesus!" He shouts, raising both hands to cover what he assumed to be vital areas.
"Okay, so it looks like I'm running in and killing the thing after its' shields are down then. Okay, so what kind of weapons do I have in this Unit-03, then?"

Norpfang
2011-05-03, 02:07 PM
"Count yourself fortunate you're on the offensive, friend. 9 people before me couldnt handle the front-line stress of Unit 02. When do we head out, Ma'am?"

DrWeird
2011-05-03, 02:50 PM
The first among them simply sat with his hair framed against the flickering white of the video screen, wordless in consideration of it. He had burrowed his eyes into the faces around him, but now he was gone again, another staple of silence; he had become another stark white accessory of the room, and the Director's briefing took greater precedent over examining the youth. His eyes soaked up the video in front of him, and by comparison to the rest of the meeting so far, he was taking great interest. He seemed perfectly absorbed in picking it apart as he saw it.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-03, 06:19 PM
"Oh, this just gets better and better. First there's a giant robot, then there's a huge monster apparently come to kill us all, and now you're telling me people can't handle piloting these things?! Are you [REDACTED]* kidding me?" Satoshi leapt up, apparently having finally lost any tolerance for the crazy stuff he was certain he was going to be put through. "Not to mention I don't even know what I'm supposed to be fighting with!"

Don't mind my destruction of the posting order. I shall try and adhere to it whenever possible.

*Bleep.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-03, 06:38 PM
Amber Dickson

"Your Evas each will be equipped with a Mark 1 progressive knife for melee usage, and we will be airdropping in one Pallet gun each. Unit-03 has also been equipped with a hand cannon in it's secondary wing slot for immediate usage." Amber said, before taking another draw on her cigarette. "And don't worry, Mr. Musashi, your preliminary synchronization testing suggests your chance of mental instability is within acceptable limits."Another quick pull on the cigarette."We leave immediately."

profitofrage
2011-05-03, 09:23 PM
OOC:
The posting order is only there so that people are not left behind or overly ignored, dont worry about sticking to it to much just be conscious of everyone else :). Combats will be different of course, that we will need to stick to the initiative order.

Briggs stood up in a calm collected manor, The Commander however seemed to stand abruptly before adressing the group.
"Remember...Failure is not an option" he said his eyes glued to Amber for a few moments before giving a quick but no less meaningfull look at Stephan.
With that said he walked out rather promptly, leaving Briggs to handle things.
"Ah yes, as the Commander says...theres little room for error in this battle...Collateral damage is to be reduced as much as possible....Thankfully fighting in a smokng crater means theres nothing left to destroy...should you be defeated and it leave the area however...well the damage will be huge."

Norpfang
2011-05-03, 09:38 PM
"Yes, Sir. I am ready and willing to suffer any amount of pain required for the greater good. I will not fail you, Sir," Akira stands up. "I don't mean to sound harsh, but isn't there a hostile entity attacking us right now. Permission to suit up, Sir,"

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-04, 08:18 AM
"Great," Satoshi muttered under his breath, "Knives too. I hope you're getting satisfaction out of this, you bastard,"
And what the heck did 'acceptable limits' mean?

DrWeird
2011-05-04, 10:57 AM
Stephan was the second of them to stand up; the dreamy look in his eyes gave the appearance of a sleepwalker.

"Shall we?" He gestured to the door politely, like an estranged manservant, and watched the other pilots. He carried no authority, but it sounded quite innocently as a pure suggestion, and a courteous one, at that. He momentarily turned back to look upon Ms. Dickson's face, veiled in the shroud of cigarette smoke, and looked to be lost in thought once again.

profitofrage
2011-05-06, 01:37 AM
With that the world of these young teens was shattered and made anew. Soon they would be facing a Terror unlike anything the world had experienced and they would have to win lest the fate of mankind be destroyed.

They hung in the air like soaring eagles, the large Carrier planes rocketing them through the air as they sat snugly in the LCL fluid filled capsules housed in the Biomachines spine. Indeed it was a long trip before the massive circular crater could be seen.
The power of the N2 mines were absolute, easily capable of matching the devestating power of nuclear weaponry but without any of the unwanted side effects...Where as Nuclear arms reduced cities to ash..N2 mines required the world to redraw its maps.

Amber was at the Nerv HQ command deck, indeed everything the Pilots saw so did she, as well as numerous other angels provided by the huge collection of conventional forces that was guarding the Evengellions on there interception mission.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-06, 06:12 AM
Amber Dickson

"All right,"Amber said as she watched the various camera takes of the procession headed toward the crater. "Get the mobile support structures into place, and somebody pull their drivers the hell out of the way. I want the tank squadrons ready to enter the crater once the evas engage, VTOL wings on standby for when the AT field comes down."

profitofrage
2011-05-06, 08:01 AM
N2 Mine deployment zone.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7535/n2minesite.jpg

The devistation of the N2 Mine was horrific. There was nothing left but torn apart forestry for miles, the closer one got to the point of impact the less and less seemed to have survived. That was untill you got to the crater.
Indeed thats exactly what it looked like..dirt scorched and torn apart. Indeed the Mine had left a cruel pox mark on the earth itself. One it would never recover from.

The Mobile support structures and tank squadrons all barreled through the torn terraign as the Vtol's flew over head. They got to the very edge of the crater before slowly making there way down its steep slope.
Indeed they managed to approach safely down...the threat was out of range at the blasts center.
From the Evengellions there target looked like a black smudge down below, the tanks and Vtols tiny insects.
Soon they would descend..then drop. There Evengellions already prepared to land without much imput from the pilots.
Then they would connect themselves to the mobile support structures...then wage war.

BLUE PATTERN DETECTED!
http://www.evageeks.org/images/game/nge2_ps2_seele-end_03.png
Sirens and alarms began to blare throughout the command center. Blue pattern detected....a sudden influx in its AT field.....It was awakening...It felt threatened. Curiously the beast did not move...physically to any extent. The Magi Systems starting there endless cycles, to deduce the likelyhood of its activation before the Eva's could land and set up.
The result was inconclusive..50/50 shot.

The Mobile support structures were ground to a halt in there designated locations, The crew ferried off in Jeeps that had rolled in along side them.
The Vtols on standbye...the Tank Squadrons lined up and primed.
All that was left were the Evengellions.
The Ships dipped down through the clouds and the crew prepared to make there drops.

Drop they did, the Three Evengellions spiralling out of the aircraft and dropping like spread eagles down to the earth quickly approaching them.
The BioMachines spun and the stabilisers in there legs went off, bringing them upright and having them land down the softer areas of the crater.
When they finally came to a stop, they were crouched and ready to activate, all they had to do was reach out and equip the mobile support structures Umbilical cord.

OOC:
Initiative is as follows.
Amber
Angel
Satoshi
Stephan
Angel
Akira

Battle Map will be up shortly

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-06, 09:33 AM
-Unit-03-
-Pilot: Satoshi Musashi-

Unit-03 landed in a crouch, looking uncannily like some sort of beast, restrained as best as humanity could. It's blue-white face was mostly dominated by a huge rictus grin, far too large for the size of the thing's head, and its' orange eyes seemed to glow.
Inside the entry plug, Satoshi was doing his best to restrain his panic. His hands were half-wrapped around the butterfly controls, and he was doing his best to familarize himself with the somewhat alien controls.
"How do you work these things!?" He said, hoping there was some sort of audio link in the plug.

Do I have to test for [REDACTED], profit?

OOC
Wait, the angel acts twice? :smalleek:
Oh, and I hope you don't mind the flavor post, I'll jump into initiative order when the fighting starts.

Norpfang
2011-05-06, 02:24 PM
Unit 02 lands in the front, crouching low, its' extra-thick armor causing the earth to shake. Drawing his Battle Rifle, Akira immediately proceeds to scan his suroundings for advantages in the surrounding terrain.

Inside the plug was a different story. Akira seems completely still, like a deer caught between running and staying to see if something interesting is going to happen. Aomething is clearly keeping him on edge, although it could well be the increased alertness that comes with danger coming into play.

DrWeird
2011-05-06, 05:25 PM
Last amongst them, the lanky form of Unit 01 meets the earth with a shudder of glassed soil beneath the massive feet. The titanic creature gleams an unholy crimson color in the harsh sunlight, traced by articulate scripts of neon yellow as if the Eva's codename had been taken to a literal standpoint - the form, however, lacked any biblical charm, and menaced as a lanky devil from a bygone age, the head armor in a dangerously-edged crown bearing jewels of five massive telescopic blue lens-eyes, a single largest one adorning the front.

Inside the cockpit, the boy is unnaturally still and calm. He seems to sink into the seat, the plugsuit of crimson blanketing him against the grey metal surrounding him.

"..." The boy says nothing, staring flatly ahead.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-07, 12:08 AM
Amber Dickson

"All units, secure your umbilical to a mobile support structure, and get your AT fields up, code blue confirmed, the angel is finishing its regeneration!" She said into the comm link. Tank Squadrons alpha and delta, begin advance into the crater!"

crunch:

Two half-actions to move two tank squadrons into the crater.

profitofrage
2011-05-07, 07:10 AM
The Tank coloumbs began to roll down the slopes of the massive crater the fear and awe of the crew kept from the ears of the pilots. Amber however got to hear everyword.
The Angel was unlike anything anyone had ever seen, Indeed everyone who stood before it was quaking in there boots.

Akira was the most active of the three, however his tactical mind came up with little. The terraign was barren, indeed nothing but the petrified waves the N2 mine had made of the dirt and rock.
It was no wonder Ambe had chosen this site, there would be nothing for the Eva's to damage or destroy accidently during battle. So long as they kept the angel here in this area collateral damage would be next to nothing.

The Command room was alive with frantic motion.
"The pilots are all fine, no damage to the Eva's during the drop...All systems functional....Battery countdown has begun." Luitenant Baku Koumura informed Amber.
"Tank Squads Alpha and Delta are making there advance, Vtol's report there in position and awaiting orders" Luitenant Akinori Koumura replied shortly after.

"The Angel's AT field is fluctuating...but no movement has been detected.."Luitenant Mako Sugimoto in a wary tone.
"Its waiting?"

Crunch:
Ok the Angel isnt doing anything noticeable at the current moment. Your on a rather boring crater in terms of battlefields go, its flat everywhere except the sides which are steep slopes.
Im just talking with Ninja about the location of the MSS's and where your Eva's where actually dropped in relation to the Angel, Ill update when its sorted

EDIT: Posting is ok now, your all worked out.
Thank you Ninja for the picture. here are you locations with approx distances from Sachiel.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/shallorwain/rect3289.png

Unit 2 - 20dm
unit 1 and unit 3 - 40dm
Your all next to your MSS or so much so that you can link to there umbilicals immediatly if desired.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-08, 06:41 PM
-Unit-03-

Unit-03 does its best to attach the umbilical cord, which it manages to make seem extremely difficult. Any impression of menace that it might have given is quickly ruined by the sight of the evangelion attempting to plug the cord into the small of its back, which, apparently, is harder than the other pilots make it look.
"How does. this thing. plug in," Satoshi growled, irritation written across his face. "What idiot designed this thing?"
Outside the EVA, one of the wings popped ope, and Unit-03 drew what appeared to be a massively oversized revolver.

Crunch
Attach umbilical cable, then draw hand cannon.*

*Because [REDACTED]

Norpfang
2011-05-08, 07:32 PM
Still in silence, Unit-02 picks up the umbilical cord, attaching it with just a brief moment of hesitaion. With the other hand, he hefts the battlerifle that had* been dropped along with him, and brings it to bear on the angel. He overcorrects for the weigt of the rounds, however, and they land somewhere behind the angel.
Attaches Cable and fires his gun, (that he drew upon deployment) [roll0]DC57
[roll1]
*Earlier, I think.

OOC: Grammar Nazi who edits Norpfang's posts here. You go after Stephan, Norpfang. FYI.

DrWeird
2011-05-09, 11:48 AM
(Gonna steal from Kiran here)

The blood-dyed Evangelion pauses thoughtfully for a moment before massive hands move with an unnerving calm to attach the umbilical, leaving the wide-crowned head to stare listlessly ahead.

UNIT-01: BELPHEGOR

"...And you, Belphegor?" Anyone listening on the pilot's channel for tactical feedback and assessments could only sit back and scratch as the gentle pilot spoke inquisitively to...his Evangelion.

"...Yes."

It was safe to ignore the first child's seemingly aimless and decidedly one-sided conversation against a readout that spoke of perfectly regular vitals across the board - even his odd brainwaves, monitored by sensitive individuals, read as they were told to be normal. Finally, after an eternity of trifled seconds charged with eerie electricity, the bloodied giant advances in front of both Satoshi and Akira in an unexpected lead - his slow charge preceded by a flare of orange about him.

Unit-01 picks up and attaches his umbilical before advancing towards the Angel to his maximum distance, half spreading his AT Field.

Correct me if I'm wrong on pulling this - I'm not familiar with the action economy of DH.

profitofrage
2011-05-09, 08:20 PM
OOCDrWeird's post
(Gonna steal from Kiran here)

The blood-dyed Evangelion pauses thoughtfully for a moment before massive hands move with an unnerving calm to attach the umbilical, leaving the wide-crowned head to stare listlessly ahead.

"...And you, Belphegor?" Anyone listening on the pilot's channel for tactical feedback and assessments could only sit back and scratch as the gentle pilot spoke inquisitively to...his Evangelion.

"...Yes."

It was safe to ignore the first child's seemingly aimless and decidedly one-sided conversation against a readout that spoke of perfectly regular vitals across the board - even his odd brainwaves, monitored by sensitive individuals, read as they were told to be normal. Finally, after an eternity of trifled seconds charged with eerie electricity, the bloodied giant advances in front of both Satoshi and Akira in an unexpected lead - his slow charge preceded by a flare of orange about him.

Unit-01 picks up and attaches his umbilical before advancing towards the Angel to his maximum distance, half spreading his AT Field.

Correct me if I'm wrong on pulling this - I'm not familiar with the action economy of DH.

The action economy is based on full, half and free actions. You only have 1 full action per round. Meaning you can do 1 full action OR 2 half actions in a round accompanied by as many free actions you like (there are exceptions to this, as any action can only be preformed ounce)
This means you can only move this turn, next turn you can use to either half spread your field or fully spread it. (can implement it in your next turn)

Aside from Satoshi the Evengellions were acting as a solid unit.
Granted given the exceptional circumstances of only barely being briefed to the Eva's workings on the trip to the battlefield even he was doing remarkably well.
The eyes of the world were on this moment, despite control being given directly to Nerv HQ there were numerous satelites and spy planes flying over to keep the situation well documented.
Every nation in the world wanted to know the exact moment the Angels were either proved defeatable..or Nerv an expensive waste.

The moment the Angel was fired upon AT patterns flared up considerably, It had thus far not been threatened...seemingly laying content to gain a few extra moments of regeneration before pressing its attack.
The monstrocity began to rith and move before finaly getting up and standing on its two feet...It matched the videos of the previous engagement almost entirely...however its face had split in two forming what apeared as twomasks conjoined.

It was a horrific site ounce seen...

Crunch:
Angel has awoken and will now use its turns to the fullest. Everyone must take a Willpower test for fear, consult the shock tables e.t.c and note the results in your next post, starting with Amber as its her turn.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-10, 06:15 AM
Amber Dickson

At the sight of Sachiel's new form, Amber's response inside the command unit was one long pull on the cigarette and a slow blink before she was right back into everything. "Sachiel's regeneration has altered its structure; Mako, how long before MAGI can get us a reading on that!" Amber looked down at the display showing the conventional forces and the evangelions; how were the young pilots going to react to this? "Tanks squadrons, halt advance, let's get both wings of VTOLS on the approach!."

crunch:

Two half actions to call out both VTOL wings into action

profitofrage
2011-05-10, 06:54 AM
Akinori answered back almost immediatly when the order was given.
"Vtol's Advancing, tank squadrons Aplha and Delta have haltered just within firing range, Squadrons Beta and Charlie are awaiting orders."
However a responce was not quick enough to come.
The angel had no sooner turned its face to its new enemy when its eyes flashed a bright purple and a terrible explosion tore through the earth itself towards Unit 02.

Luckily the Spartan was well aware of his enemy and managed to leap out of the blasts line of fire. The energy attack tore between Unit 02 and Unit 01 narrowingly missing the MSS and cabling, instead exploding into a furious t shape many hundreds of meters past them.

"The Magi system has concluded a rough estimate on the damage and range of the attack...nothing new so far..." Mako finally responded.
"The Magi Systems have to little to work with...It needs more time before we can predict possible mutations from its previous form"

Crunch:
Angel launched a Cross blast, which due to the dodge roll of 1! I concluded missed both the Eva and the MSS, instead exploding to its full extent far behind it. The range of the blast was 60dm's which is the same range the tank Squadrons are sitting at....as you know everyone well within this range. The damage of the blast was rather large at 1d10+8E attack. Howeve this isnt new, you would have seen such things in the breifing..though not this close up.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-10, 08:29 AM
-Unit-03-

"It's moving!" Satoshi screamed, "Helpful people on the bridge! What do I do?" He was barely keeping the upcoming panic attack under control, and was desprately hoping there was some sort of communications device in the entry plug.
Satoshi was not a person for whom panic came naturally. In fact, he usually kept something of an iron leash on his emotions. It was, he believed, the professional thing to do.
"Okay, screw this!" Satoshi shouted, raising the hand cannon, desprately hoping it worked like in an arcade game. He flinched a little bit when the cross blast exploded, but it didn't effect his aim, or his determination all that much. The fact that he had no idea how to aim a real gun, and that he ignored the conveniently placed HUD sights on the EVA probably did, though.

Crunch
Aim and fire, single shot.
Medium range + Aim + BS = [roll0] vs 44, I think
Damage: [roll1]

And that's a miss.

profitofrage
2011-05-10, 08:40 AM
"Satoshi, Calm down we are here...your not alone."
Briggs said, sitting in the chair above the command deck that would normally hold the Commander.
"Listen...we need you to concentrate, the Eva's dont move because you pull and squeeze those triggers in the **** pit...they move because of your thoughts to move...the equipment are just triggers to help you time the actions...concentrate..."
He said before cutting the com and looking at Ms Dickson.
"Even with a high synchronisation ratio hes not going to do any good without a proper induction...We need to give him a crash course..NOW"

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-10, 10:13 AM
"Okay, I think I've got it. Do I have a communication link with the other two?" Satoshi paused for a little bit, "Sir," he added.
He grit his teeth and prepared to fight.
"Bring it on," He growled. "Think you're hard enough?"

OOC: Not a combat post, so the initative order is a bit ignored.

Norpfang
2011-05-10, 01:34 PM
"Crap, why wont you die already, you freak of nature!" Akira roars, his face suddenly coming to life.

Unit 02 charges towards the angel, staying just out of the range of its arms, then fires salvo of repurposed artillery.

Crunch:
Battle rifle [roll0]DC57 if hits [roll1]
Akira seems to vibrate with rage, bring his face closer to the screen as though trying to further antagonize the angel. "I WILL NOT FAIL, YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF EXTARATERESTRIAL CRAP! I WILL WIPE WHAT LITTLE PIECES OF YOU REMAIN ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH FROM EXISTANCE AFTER I'M DONE RIPPING YOU APART!" Akira prepares to expand his AT Field, losing any verneer of professionalism and tactics he might have been maintaining.

DrWeird
2011-05-10, 02:57 PM
(Norpfang, try and preserve initiative order.)

Unit 01 marches upon the glassed earth towards the morphing, horrible visage of the extraterrestrial aberration, as beneath its massive feet the charred crater shatters into colossal footprints in the floor of the crater arena. It gives no pause, even as the wild Crucifix of light obliterate the very air around it and flies wide of his unflinching unit. His heart patterns don't even register at a higher pace as Stephan closes upon the Angel within the massive sentinel, and the orange field of Absolute Territory blooms around him.

Stephan, now at the edge of neutralization range of the Angel's AT Field, fully spreads his AT Field against it at an ATS of 5.

I can't really see the grids on the map - I'll have to check when I get home and can see linked images and give you an exact space.

Norpfang
2011-05-10, 03:27 PM
(im after Kiranvonstrom arent I)

Grammar Nazi: No, Norpfang. You are not. How did you hack my account/ sry missed init

profitofrage
2011-05-10, 08:47 PM
OOC: Dont worry, ill just implement the actions in Initiative order, but it does help if you keep to initiative. Free actions such as speaking can occur out of initiative order because thats just friendly in character stuff :)
Initiative is as follows.
Amber
Angel
Satoshi
Stephan
Angel
Akira

"Unit 01 has advanced and spread its AT field....The Angels AT field is dipping...Nuetralisation estimated at 63%...Its vulnerable!" Mako responded gleefully as her readings ran across the main screen.
However the Angel was not content..
The monstor turned to its new attacker and began to advance.
Crunch
Sachiel moved to within charge distance of Unit 01 putting it at 18 Dm
Ill make a new map shortly, but that basically leaves the other units at a distance of Unit 02 at 25dm
Unit 03 at 40 Dm
still in range of the Tank squadron.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-10, 09:07 PM
Amber Dickson

"FIRE!" Amber ordered to the tank squadron that was in range. "Second tank squadron, advance into range! What's the VTOL status?"

"Satoshi, listen to me. You need to raise your AT field." Amber said after those orders, her voice immediately switching to a lecturing tone. "Your synchronization to the Evangelion unit allows you to expand your own personal AT field through the Evangelion, allowing you to neutralize the Angel's defenses. Think about physically moving and stepping; the controls are there to provide mechanical reinforcement to your actions."

Crunch:

Half action to FIRE!: [roll0] vs 60
Damage: [roll1]
Half action to move up another tank squadron

profitofrage
2011-05-10, 10:04 PM
The Tank Squadrons aimed and fired at there target, however there shots missed perhaps by only a fraction due to the Angels Sudden Charge.

"No damage...The Angel is engaging Unit 01!" Mako Mako shouted, the visual's of Unit 01 coming onto screen, the Image of the Angel barreling forwards.

"Vtols are on approach and ready for orders...Tank Squadron Beta moving up."
And with that the Visuals of Unit 01 flared up, the Angel had halted just in front of the Evengellion and laucnhed its arm forward, out of its palm a Long powerful bright spike launched out.
Luckily the shot was poorly placed, and when combined with the quick side step from Unit 01 the strike failed.

Crunch:
Vtols are ready and are where the Tank squdrons Alpha Beta and Delta are i.e 60dm from the target.
Sachiel moves to within 3dm of Unit 01 and launches his Arm Ram [roll0] target to beat is 50 (+30 for pointblank range)

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-11, 10:34 AM
"Just charge in, then? Seems like a good idea, put the guy with no idea what's going on in an important role. What could possibly go wrong?" Satoshi said, furrowing his brow. His voice fairly dripped with sarcasm.
The EVA stood up, somewhat unsteadily, and put one foot out forward. With a loud crunching sound, the foot stuck several feet in the ground. Satoshi almost smiled.
"Okay, then," Satoshi said. The Unit took another awkward step forward. "Now just stop for a...screw this," He pushed the butterfly controls as far forward as he could get them, and Unit-03 launched into a sprint.
Satoshi gritted his teeth, preparing for a rather abrupt stop.

Crunch
Charge move to the angel.

What's your stance on gun kata-esque moves, i.e. discharging a firearm as a melee weapon?

profitofrage
2011-05-11, 10:40 AM
OOC:
The rules state that you can use Pistols in Melee...The charge manuver however says you get a +10 bonus to WS tests..not BS tests. ILl let you fire the pistol as part of the charge at a -10 penalty since it would naturally be difficult and you would not get any bonuses from range. This is of course untill I find a better ruling so dont expect it to happen again.
also whats your charge distance? you need at least 18 to make the charge.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-11, 11:28 AM
OOC
I'm AFB at the moment, but my AG bonus is 5, so I think I should be able to make it.

Norpfang
2011-05-11, 04:51 PM
Noticing Unit 01 is holding an AT field Akira shoots again at the angel hoping to It will work.
1d100DC57 if hits [roll0]Pen 2

This time with a perfect shot the Eva's shoulders seam to lower and relax.

Norpfang
2011-05-11, 04:52 PM
Sry it didnt go through [roll0] OMG a 1 is that a crit

profitofrage
2011-05-12, 05:44 AM
Crunch for satoshi.
Rolling for Satoshi's pistol charge [roll0] target is 34
[roll1] for possible damage.

Crunch for Akira.
There are no Crits for rolls to hit in DH, instead you can score extra hits. You do this by firing either single shot, burst or full auto. Im going to pretend you fired full auto but next time your going to have to be specific, its important.
What you CAN get crits on (or rightous furies) is your damage rolls, score max and you gain an extra which can explode into further hits if you roll max again.
Overall, because you fired full auto (this time) you scored all 4 hits (-20 firing into melee) with your roll of one. ONE of which did 7 damage. Ill roll your other damages now on my random dice roller..since editing in rolls I think is impossible?

Results including +2 damage: 9(original) , 11 , 11 , 9
these hits are in the head, head, Larm, body respectivly
Leaving Sachiel with NO NATURAL ARMOR left anywhere but his core.
Your lucky that the angel failed his deflection rolls

The Angel easily dismissed Satoshi's attack, taking its attentions away from Unit 01.
However its no doubt deadly counter attack was cut short with a mass collection of rounds pelting its body. Akira had torn into the beasts flesh with several good shots, leaving the Angel bleeding a clear looking orange like liquid in the wounds to its face and arm.

"Angel has been damaged!...Its armor is losing structural integrity...Its bleeding!...Magi is making an analysis...The Angel is weakened but not to a debilitating point...If we focuss fire the Magi predicts we can destroy the head!" Mako shouted.

"No Damage thus far on the Evengellions or the pilots." Baku mentioned.
"Heart rates and stress within acceptable levels....Except Stephan's...his is uh...there must be a mistake with the systems..Rescanning" He said trailing off.

Crunch: Not giving you exact Health of the bad guy, but you know the head is crit 0 and the arm and body is weakened.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-12, 08:49 AM
Amber Dickson

"Tank squadrons, continue firing center mass!" Amber ordered. "Satoshi, Akira, you need to help finish collapsing that AT field! And then aim for its head, it's starting to show significant damage in that region!"

"What are you getting?" Amber asked, directing her attentions to Baku. "Is Unit-01 still functional?"

Crunch:

Two half actions for each tank squadron to fire
Squadron 1:
[roll0] vs 60
[roll1]
Squadron 2:
[roll2] vs 60
[roll3]

profitofrage
2011-05-12, 08:57 AM
The Tank coloumbs Fired ounce more into the now swirling Melee and attempted to hit the Angel.
The barrages either failed to hit entirely or bounced harmlessly of the figures terrible form. Indeed It seemed that even when Weakened an Angel was above and beyond mortal weapons.

"Unit 01 is fine...better then fine...Stephans vitals are just....where as the other pilots have fluctuations across the board...Stephan's Vitals are static...no fluctuations..nothing. Its like hes at home out there..." He replied quickly.

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-12, 10:19 AM
-Unit-03-

Satoshi grit his teeth, and hopes the gun will work again this time. Otherwise, he might have to-
He abruptly cut himself out of that train of thought. This was going to take a bit of work, and that last thing he wanted would be that getting in the way. His eyes seemed to narrow, if possible, even further.
Outside the entry plug, Unit-03 seemed to have somehow contributed to the shimmering interplay of A.T. fields, apparently responding to something in the pilot's subconcious.
Satoshi growled as Unit-03 brought the massive revolver up again for another shot, this one perhaps a little more accurate as he began to adjust for the weight of the round and the recoil.
Satoshi's lack of formal training was showing through, though, and he missed, if that was possible, even more than last time.
"Idiots. Who the hell do they think I am, Kamina?" He said, sarcastic as ever.

Crunch
Half spread and a shot.
BS 44 [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
:smallannoyed: Seriously? Seriously?

DrWeird
2011-05-12, 10:55 AM
-UNIT 01: BELPHEGOR-

The sudden lash of black, terrible flesh flew wide from the red hulk's form. Such a massive being of thousands of tons of metal couldn't, by any conceivable means, move with any grace within the power of earth's gravity - and yet, just as the other two Units, the terrible machine had an unmistakable human agility as the entire form merely shifted away from the blow in the entangled vibration of blue and orange AT.

The boy said nothing, but seemed less of an unflinching sentinel from the to-headquarters feed, but more of a half-dozing child in thought. As the massive form shifted, so did he, without even a blink as the viewscreen blackened with the rolling ichor which missed him by a mile. Stephen sat there, wrapped in the steel of the beast's breast, maintaining the intertwined AT Fields.

Stephen maintains the Neutralization field and does nothing else - not like he has anything else he can really do.

Norpfang
2011-05-12, 02:13 PM
Akira laughed, sounding like an insane hyena. "TAKE THAT, YOU VILE WORM! PREPARE TO FEEL THE WRATH OF A TRUE! GOD! OF! WAR! YOU STAND NO CHANCE AGAINST ME! I HAVE WALKED AND FOUGHT AS A GOD! I HAVE STOOD AMONG MEN, AND BESTED THOSE WHO HAVE THOUGHT THEMSELVES ENOUGH TO FACE ME! I HAVE SURVIVED HELL! I AM AKIRA TENDO, LAST SURVIVOR OF THE -bzzzt-" Akira's sound feed suddenly dies, cackling into static as he roars at the angel.

Crunch
Spread A.T. field. (Full)

profitofrage
2011-05-13, 05:01 AM
The Angel was begining to feel the pressure and it could be seen by its sudden burst of aggresion. It lashed out at Unit 03 with its deadly forever sharp claws.
Luckily Satoshi was barely capable enough to evade the potentially crippling strikes.

Crunch
All out assault +20 on attack roll

DC 60
Damage [roll1]

roll to dodge as you cant parry without a melee weapon
And no AT field is up.
[roll]1d100 DC50

If thats a fail, Unit 03 takes 4 wounds to the body (armor and toughness taken into account already) leaving you with 5 wounds in the body left.

EDIT: forgot you cant roll through an edit. No damage taken.

ninja_penguin
2011-05-13, 05:53 AM
Amber Dickson

"Continue with that barrage!." Amber ordered the two tank squadrons. She was rather surprised that that pair had managed to avoid notice from the Angel up to this point, compared to how the last fight against the angel had gone. "What's our status on the power supplies on the mobile support structures?"

Crunch:

More tank shooting!
Squad 1
[roll0] vs 60
[roll1]
Squad 2
[roll2] vs 60
[roll3]

profitofrage
2011-05-13, 06:31 AM
The Tank Squadrons tried there best to aim into the swirling Melee ounce more. Indeed it was hard enough tracking the moving target let alone also timing the movements of the allied Evengellion.
With a mighty roar the cannons fired and again the incompetance of the Conventional Military came to the fore.
The giant Beings pounded and rampaged about in steps of hundreds of meters. Indeed it was understandable of the troopers who fired and blasted away the dirt and rock where the angel had been.
What was unacceptable was the friendly fire.
The tanks cannons were unfortuanatly well placed and cause the Leg of Unit 03 to erupt in an explosion. Fortuanatly it remained in a useable condition despite the damage incurred.

They say bad luck comes in threes, and indeed now it was becoming more and more apparent. The Umbilical Cords on all the Eva's quickly ejected, the whirring and roaring of the Mobile support structures fading to a dull hum as the stored energy within finally gave out.

"Power Just ran out on all Evengellions. Cutting Umbilicals."
"Unit 03 just sustained damage to the Knee from friendly fire!...We believe it was Delta Squad that fired the rounds!.....Vtols are still awaiting Orders"

Kiranvonstrom
2011-05-15, 08:45 PM
-Unit-03-

Satishi screamed, grabbing at his leg. On the list of things he had been expecting, that had not even come up. The entry plug lit up wih a red-colored timer counting down from five minutes.
5:00:00
His head snapped back to the screen, his eyes blazing behind his glasses. That angel had to die. The thought prevaded every every fiber of his being, overriding the pain in his leg.
4:94:56
The evangelion flipped the gun in its' hand, grabbing the barrel like it was some sort of weapon. Raising it like a club, the evangelion charged at the angel, ramming into an almost-pyrotechnic series of concentric hexagons in front of the creature.
4:66:03
Satoshi roared, and the EVA seemed to be trying to do the same, straining at the locks that kept its' jaw in place.
4:40:19
The eva seemed to be doing its well best to rip the A.T. field in front of it open, despite the seeming lack of response from the aforementioned A.T. field.
4:01:08
And the hand cannon, ill-designed though it might have been for its current role, smashed down at the angel, connecting with its unnatural flesh.

Crunch
A.T. field switched to neutralize. the rest of the action is spent runnng at the angel. I'll roll to hit in melee if I can with the improvised weapon. (the hand cannon)

Rolls on OOC.

OOC
Sorry about the delay. :smalleek:

Norpfang
2011-05-15, 09:38 PM
Oblivious to his surroundings, Akira, ignorant of harm, and in a stone cold furry charges forward until the Battle Rifle in hand is but three meters from the angels already damaged head with a click he launches a fully automatic attack at point blank range.

Crunch:
-20 for attacking into melee, +20 for full automatic, +30 for point blank
[roll0] DC 87 if hits ill roll on OOC thread for damage