PDA

View Full Version : Building Mulch Diggums from the Artemis Fowl series (3.5)

Chilingsworth
2011-04-29, 11:16 PM
Hey guys!

I've gotten myself addicted to the Artemis Fowl series and was wondering: Can any of the characters (other than Atremis Fowl himself, since he could probably be represented as a factorum, I think,) be built in D&D 3.5?

I'd like to focus on Mulch first, since he seems the hardest one to build to me.

Best I can figure is: Dwarf Rogue, max/high ranks in: Search/Disable Device, Escape Artist, Appraise, Open Lock, Bluff, Listen, and Spot

Not sure how to go about getting him a burrow speed, let alone how to allow him to shoot what amount to flatulence projectiles. For that matter, he seems to have at least short-range tremorsense, too. Plus a host of other abilities.

PollyOliver
2011-04-29, 11:27 PM
Some of this would be much better suited to d20 modern, but here goes:

I think you need a dwarf subrace with a burrow speed, tremorsense, and stinking cloud 1/day for Mulch, since this is not a skill but rather a feature of his whole race. Otherwise, I believe there's a ranger spell in SpC that can get you those first two things.

Butler's fairly straightforward, I think. Targetteer fighter with maybe some levels in unarmed swordsage or monk.

Unarmed swordsage or monk for Juliet, with snap kick.

Holly would be maybe a fey ranger with the ranged combat style? You'd need to make a fey race with cure x wounds, suggestion, invisibility, and tongues as SLAs, since these are again racial features. Otherwise, she'd need a bard dip or cleric with the trickery domain.

Greenish
2011-04-29, 11:30 PM
Mineral Warrior template gets you burrow speed. Earth Sense gives you a tremorsense of sorts.

PollyOliver
2011-04-29, 11:39 PM
Aspect of the earth hunter is the spell I was thinking of, I think. It makes you look like a bulette, but you can fluff that away. Gives burrow, tremorsense, darkvision, natural armor, and claws.