PDA

View Full Version : Size modifier Fine.

Necrus Philius
2011-04-30, 02:51 AM
Is it possible to create a PC with the size modifier of fine? Just curious as I can't seem to find a way to do it at level 1... There are higher level spells and race combos but a level 20 wizard can pretty much do anything.

SilverLeaf167
2011-04-30, 03:16 AM
Small race, permanent Reduce Person. The permanency part might be a little hard to get, but if you somehow get enough money you can pay a slightly higher-level wizard to do it.

Amnestic
2011-04-30, 03:58 AM
Sparrow Hengeyokai in Animal form are Fine size, and are LA+0 after the Dragon Magazine #318 update of some of the OA material. Being in animal form does limit your options a fair bit though. I think only Warlocks and Psions really work, though I'm sure I'm wrong and am missing some classes.

SilverLeaf167
2011-04-30, 04:16 AM
Technically, Warlocks have somatic components for pretty much anything, so I'm not quite sure about how they work in animal form.

olelia
2011-05-01, 10:55 AM
I could be horribly misremembering but I believe all of their "spells" are spell like abilities which do not have any components.

hewhosaysfish
2011-05-01, 12:47 PM
I could be horribly misremembering but I believe all of their "spells" are spell like abilities which do not have any components.

Spell-like abilities don't normally have any components but a warlock's invocations do, as an explicit exception to the normal rules.

Slight tangent, by RAW they don't have verbal components, even Baleful Utterance or Word of Changing. Trippy, huh?

Drglenn
2011-05-01, 12:50 PM
Small race, permanent Reduce Person. The permanency part might be a little hard to get, but if you somehow get enough money you can pay a slightly higher-level wizard to do it.

That would only get to tiny, 2 sizes above fine

SilverLeaf167
2011-05-01, 01:19 PM
Oops, I had a brainfart while writing that. I didn't realize until now.