PDA

View Full Version : Overthrowing the Nine [IC]

Niezck
2011-04-30, 08:05 AM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197081)

---

Through your own path, you've each found yourselves to this place - The Bronze Citadel, Avernus. With the support of the Dragon Queen and that of your companions, however fleeting their devotion may be, you've plotted and planned this moment for years. Now it has finally arrived; you stand mere metres from Bel's main chamber where he stands even now with the Dark Eight and plots battle tactics in the hope of someday winning this inevitable defeat.

As you each stand, anxious yet prepared, equipped and nervous at the prospect of killing one of the Nine, a number of Osyluths (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/bonedevil72.jpg) march uniformly towards you. While they would surely have no way of knowing what your purpose here is, they would undoubtedly question the presence of you all here.

You've got one full round of actions before they get here. Use it (or don't use it) as you wish.

SPoD
2011-04-30, 10:37 AM
The massive mountain of woman known as Ulna Halfgreat stands, resting some of her weight on the 40-foot-long sword that, impossibly, seems too large even for her. She smiles as the osyluths approach.

"Well, now, lookee here, Siouxsie. We got us some skele-men." She reaches her hand to a necklace of tiny (compared to her) crystal sticks that she wears around her neck. She touches one, and a flood of psychic energy washes over her. She smiles at the feeling, like peppermint in her brain. She shifts her weight--an act that causes the floor beneath to rumble--and hefts her mammoth sword. A dark wave of magic seeps forth from her, coating her temporary companions. "What say we knock 'em around a bit?"

Using a djore; which one is going to be based on the answer to my OOC question. If we can be assumed to have already cast 24-hour buffs, then it's Psionic Keen Edge. If we aren't assumed to have already cast 24-hour buffs, it's Personal Mind Blank.

Then, Quickened Unholy Aura on everyone. That gives:
+4 deflection to AC
+4 resistance to saves
Blocks possession and mental influence like protection from good
Other effects not likely to come up, unless those are paladin osyluths.

If that's worse than what you have, you can ignore it and treat it as just one more spell to soak up an area dispel magic. :smallwink:

Current Active Effects: Psionic Focus, detect remote viewing, personal mind blank, psionic keen edge, unholy aura.

Ryuuk
2011-04-30, 11:29 AM
Renault's just sitting off to the side, standing as Ulna makes her intentions clear. He looks like a tall human with a strong build, one wearing a vest of blue dragonhide. Still, he stands tall and stretches.

<<Seems a bit direct, especially with the real party just inside... What the hell, we've got to start somewhere.>> He sends the mental message while cracking his neck.

Standard Action: Use Psionic Device to Activate his Dorje of Schism

His axe is a free action away in the casting glove on his right hand.
The Dorje can be used freely and is currently in his left glove.

Stance: Punishing Stance
Buffs: Schism

Currently not in Fiendish Release or Unbound Shape.

Cardea
2011-04-30, 05:33 PM
The odd-looking Drow looks on calmly as the Devils move closer to them. Disinterested in the actions of his 'comrades', he reaches to a bag at his belt, and opens it all the way, for a human-sized bird to climb it's way out. It looks once, twice, three times on the view before him, before whispering into the Drow's ear.

Miles making a Spot check, then telling me results:[roll0]
He's looking for anything that would cause concern or interest.

Zarthrax
2011-05-01, 04:51 PM
Siouzsie laughs, a sound that manages to be both disturbing and lovely all at the same time. "Interestingly enough, Ulna, we might not have to squash them, provided one of us is remarkably civil and takes the lead on the negotiations," she remarks with a rather pointed look at the drow that says "Whatever you're gonna do, make it quick...."

She continues telepathically to Ulna.

<<Besides, it'd be unwise to announce our intentions quite so soon. Why start smashing the turtles in front of you when the tigers are but a short walk away?>>

She shakes her hair in the breeze of Avernus, thick with the smell of burning corpses and the sounds of screaming in the distance. A shimmer rushes down her body, causing Siouxsie's hair to become a metallic black and all of her features to become even more refined. Even her voice becomes a bit more regulated as she says out loud "Hail, servants of Bel! What news?"

Lapses into the following stances: Grace of the Winds, Stance of Alacrity, Infernal Exemplar(half-axiom template).

SPoD
2011-05-01, 07:25 PM
Siouzsie laughs, a sound that manages to be both disturbing and lovely all at the same time. "Interestingly enough, Ulna, we might not have to squash them, provided one of us is remarkably civil and takes the lead on the negotiations," she remarks with a rather pointed look at the drow that says "Whatever you're gonna do, make it quick...."

She continues telepathically to Ulna.

"Besides, it'd be unwise to announce our intentions quite so soon. Why start smashing the turtles in front of you when the tigers are but a short walk away?"

Ulna smiles a crooked toothy grin. <<Heh, yeah, good point. I'd rather rastle a tiger any day of the week. 'Sides, we can always smash turtles on the way out if we want, am I right?>> The titan lowers her sword, though she does not loosen her grasp on it--just in case Siouxsie's not the diplomat she fancies herself.

Cardea
2011-05-01, 07:40 PM
"How correct you are, My Dearest Lady of the Strong." The Drow says, smiling at the Titan. He starts walking towards the 'turtles', waving them down with his right hand. As he gets within a sizable distance from them, he raises his arms, outstretching them. "Ah, hello there, most respected Keepers of Order. Can I assist you in anyway?"

Messed up when posting a new post. Ignore the red text.

Niezck
2011-05-02, 11:41 AM
As they approach, the lead Osyluth steps forward and looks you each up and down in turn. The five (possibly six? hard to tell) behind him begin turning to each other, likely communicating telepathically.

The leader snorts at your greetings before barking at you in a truly fiendish tone.

Infernal:

"What's a group of half-breeds like you doing hanging around outside Genreal Bel's chamber? Don't you know there's a war on?"

Ryuuk
2011-05-03, 01:08 PM
Renault

"Halfbreds..." Renault looks back to his group, pauses, considers this, and shrugs. "Allright, I guess that would describe most of us..."

"We're aware of the war, its rather hard not to be. However, we seek to speak with Lord Bel and his generals, there are matters we need to discuss with him."

He smiles, finding the leaders tone rather amusing. "I don't suppose this would be a problem? I'd hate for this to be a problem."

SPoD
2011-05-03, 01:42 PM
Ulna hears Renault's words and picks up on the plan: "Yeah, we got vital information. Top secret, only fer the general's ears. Or ear-holes. Or whatever he hears outta."

Then she smiles, "'Course, that problem thing he mentioned sounds purty good, too."

Bluff: [roll0]
Intimidate: [roll1]

EDIT: Those are the worst rolls ever.

Cardea
2011-05-03, 02:45 PM
"In fact," Valeyl says, a bow now in his hand, its dark energy pulsing. "We might have already said too much." A circle of runes appear on the ground, which warp and twist into shackles, which shoot out onto the feet of the Bone Devils. Time seems to stop for the Drow, as he unleashes a volley.

Free Action: Infusing weapon with Fate Shackles; any creatures struck by it must make a DC 31 Will Save or be unable to move 30 ft. from me by any means. This includes teleportation effects.
Full-Round Action: Time Stands Still.
Because the bow is infused with a Bane Curse, attacks deal an additional 6d6 damage, and beings who fail the save vs. the Bane, they take a -6 luck penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and damage rolls for one hour.
Swarm of Arrows twice. Hitting for Touch AC.
One
1st Shot
Attack: [roll0]
Weapon: [roll1]
Bane Curse: [roll2]
Bane Property: [roll3]
1st Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll4]
Weapon: [roll5]
Bane Curse: [roll6]
Bane Property: [roll7]
2nd Shot
Attack: [roll8]
Weapon: [roll9]
Bane Curse: [roll10]
Bane Property: [roll11]
2nd Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll12]
Weapon: [roll13]
Bane Curse: [roll14]
Bane Property: [roll15]
Two
1st Shot
Attack: [roll16]
Weapon: [roll17]
Bane Curse: [roll18]
Bane Property: [roll19]
1st Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll20]
Weapon: [roll21]
Bane Curse: [roll22]
Bane Property: [roll23]
2nd Shot
Attack: [roll24]
Weapon: [roll25]
Bane Curse: [roll26]
Bane Property: [roll27]
2nd Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll28]
Weapon: [roll29]
Bane Curse: [roll30]
Bane Property: [roll31]
Three
1st Shot
Attack: [roll32]
Weapon: [roll33]
Bane Curse: [roll34]
Bane Property: [roll35]
1st Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll36]
Weapon: [roll37]
Bane Curse: [roll38]
Bane Property: [roll39]
2nd Shot
Attack: [roll40]
Weapon: [roll41]
Bane Curse: [roll42]
Bane Property: [roll43]
2nd Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll44]
Weapon: [roll45]
Bane Curse: [roll46]
Bane Property: [roll47]
Four
1st Shot
Attack: [roll48]
Weapon: [roll49]
Bane Curse: [roll50]
Bane Property: [roll51]
1st Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll52]
Weapon: [roll53]
Bane Curse: [roll54]
Bane Property: [roll55]
2nd Shot
Attack: [roll56]
Weapon: [roll57]
Bane Curse: [roll58]
Bane Property: [roll59]
2nd Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll60]
Weapon: [roll61]
Bane Curse: [roll62]
Bane Property: [roll63]
Five
1st Shot
Attack: [roll64]
Weapon: [roll65]
Bane Curse: [roll66]
Bane Property: [roll67]
1st Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll68]
Weapon: [roll69]
Bane Curse: [roll70]
Bane Property: [roll71]
2nd Shot
Attack: [roll72]
Weapon: [roll73]
Bane Curse: [roll74]
Bane Property: [roll75]
2nd Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll76]
Weapon: [roll77]
Bane Curse: [roll78]
Bane Property: [roll79]
Six
1st Shot
Attack: [roll80]
Weapon: [roll81]
Bane Curse: [roll82]
Bane Property: [roll83]
1st Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll84]
Weapon: [roll85]
Bane Curse: [roll86]
Bane Property: [roll87]
2nd Shot
Attack: [roll88]
Weapon: [roll89]
Bane Curse: [roll90]
Bane Property: [roll91]
2nd Shot - Splitting
Attack: [roll92]
Weapon: [roll93]
Bane Curse: [roll94]
Bane Property: [roll95]

Niezck
2011-05-03, 02:54 PM
The lead Osyluth goes to reply to Renault just as Valeyl draws his bow and quickly dispatches the devils. Mere seconds later and the group is a pile of pincushion-like bodies strewn on the floor.

Once more the path stands clear to Bel's chambers.

Zarthrax
2011-05-03, 02:57 PM
Siouxsie just arches an eyebrow as the Drow switches from master manipulator to bloodthirsty archer.

"And here I thought we were being subtle."

Siouxsie immediately prepares to act, only to draw up short at his effortless dispatching of the squad.

"Well, let's not keep our host waiting, then. Shall we?"

SPoD
2011-05-03, 05:04 PM
"Hrmph!" Ulna snorts. "I see what's going on here. You just wanted to smash the turtles yourself!"

She lumbers toward the massive doorway, touching another one of her tiny crystal sticks as she does so. A nearly invisible screen of force surrounds her. "Anyone got anythin' they need doin', do it now or ferever hold yer peace." It's very clear that she intends to smash the door down if no one objects.

Using a djore of Force Screen, then waiting for the others to agree before I smash in the door.

Cardea
2011-05-03, 07:57 PM
"You misunderstand me, My Dearest Lady of the Strong. I killed not Turtles, but flies. If you break down the door in such a manner, the Turtles will cry, and the Tigers will hide away, hindering us from killing them." The Drow says, a smile on his face. He says, walking up to the woman, using his Hawk as a way of putting his hand on her forearm, to get her to relax.

SPoD
2011-05-03, 11:29 PM
Ulna gives a derisive laugh. "Save yer therapist babble fer the elf whores, drow. I'm too tall ta be talked down to. I'm just sayin', next time there are flies to swat, don't swat them all yerself."

"Now, I'm fixin' to fight, and this door's in the way. Are ya with me an' Siouxsie, or not?"

Hey, I still have a 16 in both Int and Wis here! Not genius level or anything, but not low enough for the "Bad-men-had-to-go-away" act. :smallyuk:

Ryuuk
2011-05-04, 12:49 AM
Renault

This will work fine Renault steps forward and stretches. As he does so there's a nasty crunch coming from hos body and a surge of electricity. With each step he grows more and more disfigured, his hands turn to claws, his skin becomes leathery and the vest seems to melt into it, stretching into a pair of dragon's wings. A tail with a stinger, and a nasty jaw filled with sharp fangs are the last things to show themselves. By the time he reaches the door, he could hardly be recognized as the 'human' who started the walk.

<<Lets begin then...>> As soon as the party is ready, he opens to doors leading to Bel's chamber.

Doing Fiendish Release + Unbound Shape

SPoD
2011-05-04, 06:09 PM
"Heh, nasty," Ulna comments, watching Renault's transmogrification. "See, now, this guy's got the right idea." She readies her sword in preparation for whatever is behind the door.

All-purpose just-in-case rolls:

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

EDIT: Obviously, I am doing such a thorough look-around that I forget to notice the battle starting...:smallannoyed:

Zarthrax
2011-05-04, 11:10 PM
Siouxsie shrugs effortlessly, even as the blades in her arms ratchet menacingly.

"Very well, Ulna. Go ahead and 'knock'."

OOC: Drops Stance of Alacrity for Peel Flesh and Rend Limbs. Other two stances still active. Adaptive Styles Moment of Perfect Mind back.
Initiative - [roll0]
Spot - [roll1]
Listen - [roll2]

Niezck
2011-05-05, 11:50 AM
As Renault touches the door, it begins to glow a strange orange colour and you each feel a sudden pull about your feet, as though something were trying to drag you away. Luckily, however, you're each strong enough to resist and manage to stand your ground.

Spellcraft DC 23

You can tell from the feeling of it, that was an attempt at Greater Plane Shift.

A split-second later and the door's glow shifts hue to a brilliant green colour and it begins to crack. It appears to quickly, and without warning, expand rapidly and begins a process of reconfiguring itself. Before long a pit fiend stands before you, life just returning to its eyes as it glares at you all, greatsword in hand.

Spellcraft DC 21 & 24 Respectively

Stone to Flesh

Polymorph Any Object

"Trespassers, you shall be destroyed!"

As the beast speaks, flames erupt from its mouth and it raises its weapon high.

DC 25 Listen

You can just about make out some whispering from the room ahead, behind the pit fiend. "Inform the guard, our guests have arrived."

Roll Initiative! :smallbiggrin:

I'd also like a rough positioning. Currently I'm assuming you're all clustered next to the doorPit Fiend, ready to charge in, with Renault at the front. (It's a 20ft wide corridor with a 10ft wide doorPit Fiend.)

I'll get a map up shortly.

SPoD
2011-05-05, 12:46 PM
Ulna is momentarily surprised by the kaleidoscope of colors, but her confusion turns to joy (albeit a dark joy) at the sight of something that really wants to be hit.

I don't know if you wanted me to roll initiative again. If not that's OK. I'll assume I was taken off guard by the door-to-fiend thing.

Initiative: [roll0]

Positioning: I was about to open the door when Renault beat me to it, so I should be as close to the door as I can be and still have him be able to reach the door. My space is 15 x 15.

Keep in mind also that I can make AOO's while flat-footed, and I can make AOO's for a few things that other people can't: casting defensively, using any supernatural ability, and being charged. Plus, I have 15-foot reach, so I'm sure I'm threatening this guy. I'm going to roll a few "just in case" AOOs, therefore.

First AOO:
Attack: [roll1]
Weapon damage: [roll2]
Electric damage: [roll3]

Second AOO:
Weapon damage: [roll5]
Electric damage: [roll6]
EDIT: This is a threat, so if I get to make this attack, I get to use a Titan SLA as a free action.

Third AOO:
Attack: [roll7]
Weapon damage: [roll8]
Electric damage: [roll9]

All AOO's ignore the first 20 points of any DR or bypasses as silver, Chaotic.

Zarthrax
2011-05-05, 01:35 PM
Initiative - [roll0]

Siouxsie is standing relatively close to Ulna, probably right next to her.

Will detail proper actions once I have a map to reference and an initiative order to see.

Siouxsie merely arches her eyebrow at the pit fiend.

"Easier said than done."

Ryuuk
2011-05-07, 02:37 AM
Renault

"Ah, neat little trick. You must've screwed up real bad to get demoted to a door."

"Hehe, not the first time I've heard that... probably not the last either... Just move aside, will ya?" He watches the flames spew out with a smile.

It looks like Renault is adjacent to it then. Initiative was rolled OoC

I'm a bit torn between trying to tear this thing apart or moving past it to let Ulna clobber it.

Cardea
2011-05-07, 08:25 AM
"Ah ah ah! Hold on, everyone." Valeyl says, turning towards the creature. "We are not intruders! You see, we are newly appointed officers to Bel; the Osyluths outside are too lazy, and would not open the door for us, otherwise we would not be in this ordeal."

Using Bluff to instill Suggestion.
[roll0]

Ryuuk
2011-05-07, 07:33 PM
Renault

"Officers... that means we get to set an example, right!" With that, he vanishes, reappearing 10ft behind the Pit Fiend. In an instant, tooth, nail, stinger and wings dive into the opposing devil, all surging with electricity and trying to tear him apart.

Schism Standard Action: Teleport 15ft behind the Pit Fiend

Full Round: Charge and Pounce on him from behind.

Power Attack for 9

Stinger [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + ([roll2] + [roll3]) Elec

Bite [roll4]
Damage [roll5] + [roll6] Elec

Claw 1 [roll7]
Damage [roll8] + [roll9] Elec

Claw 2 [roll10]
Damage [roll11] + [roll12] Elec

If both Claws hit: Rake for [roll13]

Wing 1 [roll14] (Touch)
No damage, channeling for Stormguard Warrior (+5 damage against him next turn)

Wing 2 [roll15] (Touch)
No damage, channeling for Stormguard Warrior (+5 damage against him next turn)

Niezck
2011-05-07, 08:54 PM
As Renault's lashes out, each of his attacks strikes true at the Pit Fiend, causing the beast to roar in pain. Its wounds seal up almost immediately however, but it still looks quite battered. Two or three more attacks like that and it'd likely be felled.

As it realises what's going on, it springs into action. Shifting slightly toward Ulna and the others, wings, claws, tail and bite are directed toward Renault in a flurry of attacks.

The great beast just manages to make contact with Renault with its bite, leaving quite a nasty green liquid in the wound. Next up are its claws, each one razor-sharp and seemingly tipped with the same liquid as it left with its bite. It manages to hit twice with each claw as the Abishai masterfully dodges the blows.

Swinging its tail around its body, it manages to land a blow with that and five more with its wings before it turns to the rest of the party. Just as you think it's all over, the tail begins to wrap itself around Renault's form, trying to squeeze the very life out of him. Fighting his way free, the Abishai manages to fend off the constricting attack.

Now free, he faces an even angrier devil which takes one last swipe with a claw. Connecting with the Abishai once more, the Pit Fiend glows a brilliant yellow colour as he looks significantly less beaten.

Martial Lore DC 24

Strike of Righteous Vitality

OOC:

Renault:
Bite: 39 physical damage (Evil, Lawful) and 2 fire damage. DC 33 Fort vs Poison.

Claws: Four hits, 37, 38, 39 and 42 physical damage and 6, 3, 1 and 4 fire. DC 33 Fort vs Poison for each.

Tail: 35 physical damage, 1 fire. DC 33 Fort. Opposed grapple vs 77, if you fail you take a further 46 physical damage.

Wings: Five hits. 28, 28, 32, 27 and 32 physical damage along with 4 fire damage on each. DC 33 Fort for each hit.

Assuming the grapple doesn't work and by factoring in your DR, that should be a total of 293 - changing to 256 with your fire resistance.

Final claw: 36 physical, 3 fire and a fort save.

SPoD
2011-05-07, 10:10 PM
"My turn!" Ulna shouts gleefully, hefting her unbelievably large silver sword. There's no finesse here, just a big woman smashing a lot of metal down on the pit fiend's head, over and over again like a hammer beating down a nail.

Obviously, I'm technically last in the initiative order, but Niezck said we could all post once the pit fiend went.
Full attack as a standard action.
Using Power Attack for -2 to hit / +4 damage.
Using Weapon Supremacy to add +5 to hit on my fourth attack.
Attacks ignore first 20 points of DR (except for DR / — or hardness, which only ignores first 10 points).
Attacks bypass Chaotic, silver, and slashing.

First Attack:
To-Hit: [roll0]
Slashing Damage - [roll1]
Electricity Damage - [roll2]

Second Attack:
To-Hit: [roll3]
Slashing Damage - [roll4]
Electricity Damage - [roll5]

Third Attack:
To-Hit: [roll6]
Slashing Damage - [roll7]
Electricity Damage - [roll8]

Fourth Attack:
To-Hit: [roll9]
Slashing Damage - [roll10]
Electricity Damage - [roll11]

Damage and attack rolls above assume that this is Lawful Evil outsider; if not, adjustments may need to be made.

Activating Robilar's Gambit as a free action.
Entering Combat Focus as a move action.
No swift action this turn.

EDIT: If everything gets through DR, that's 351 slashing and 19 electricity total.

Cardea
2011-05-07, 10:16 PM
"And a good officer knows when not to kill his subordinates," Valeyl says calmly, knocking a single arrow, aiming for the Pit Fiend's body.

Full Attack Action. This is really to make sure I hit.
Infusing Word of Binding into Bow.
I don't risk hitting Ryuuk.
If it fails its save, it cannot take any physical actions, cannot take any magical actions, and takes -10 luck penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and damage rolls for one hour.
Hitting for Touch AC. And I guess FF, since he's grappling?
Has to make a Fort Save against the penalties first, then has to make a Will Save against the effect of Word of Binding.
First
Bow: [roll1]
Bane Property:[roll2]
Malediction: [roll3]
Second
Bow: [roll5]
Bane Property:[roll6]
Malediction: [roll7]
Third
Attack: [roll8]
Bow: [roll9]
Bane Property:[roll10]
Malediction: [roll11]
Fourth
Attack: [roll12]
Bow: [roll13]
Bane Property:[roll14]
Malediction: [roll15]

Zarthrax
2011-05-07, 10:41 PM
Siouxsie narrows her eyes at the Pit Fiend as it proceeds to grapple the mouthy git in the armor.
"You don't look so good, pally."

She then grins wickedly, even as she blurs into motion.

"You're gonna look much worse when I'm done."

Her armblades shimmer as her her hands move in an almost clumsy looking weave before they flash into the flesh of the pit fiend not once, but multiple times....

OOC:

Free action- Activate Robilar's Gambit.

Swift action- Boost- Storm's Edge (Crit. range is now doubled for 5 rounds, may expend remaining time to automatically confirm.

Free Action- 5 ft. step to L3, since Ulna has reach enough to beat it down through the doorway.

Full Attack Action- will be rolled in the OOC.)

Niezck
2011-05-08, 10:16 PM
Valeyl's arrows find their way to the Pit Fiend, the great beast roars in pain as its wounds seal themselves around the entry point of the arrows. While he cannot be sure, it appears that the devil resisted the effects of the drow's curses.

Next up Siousxie strikes it with a flurry of blades, only managing to land the first five of her attacks however. Despite this, they cause considerable damage to the creature, less so than they would a typical Pit Fiend however, and forces it to its knees.

Then, as typical Titans do, Ulna swings wildly and knocks the creature out cold. While a series of blows like that should fell a Pit Fiend under most circumstances, this one appears to be supernaturally tough as its wounds immediately heal.

Ryuuk
2011-05-08, 10:56 PM
Renault

Covered in poison, many of Renault's open wounds start healing as well. It's clear that they took their toll, even if they weren't lethal. He takes a step closer to the fallen Pit Fiend. "A shame, I think we could have been at it for a while... Would have been fun." Much like the his opponent, Renault takes on a similar yellow glow, making the leftover poison on his skin evaporate and clearly giving him a second wind.

He raises his right hand and closes its grip around the handle of a large axe that appears out off thin air. It burns his flesh as he makes contact with and its easy to see why. It is made of silver, bears Kord's holy symbol and sheds a soothing, divine warmth.

He seems ready to execute the fallen foe, but stops. "I suppose now would be a good time to be 'Good Officers'? Bigger fish to fry, after all, and I suppose they heard our little scuffle..." The axe disappears.

[S]He flies down the hall almost like an animal, hoping to get to Bel's chamber door without more incidents. If he runs into more guards or traps though, he's ready to teleport back, to warn the others.

[Fly Speed of 480 (poor) at the moment, he'll go as far as he can with a single Move action, but teleport back with his Standard if he runs into any more ambushes.]

"Yeah, looks like it..." He turns to the chamber, rather disappointed. Still, he walks around it, paying attention to his surroundings, hoping to find some clue to the targets whereabouts.

[Swift: Hunter's Stance, going over as many squares of the room as possible with Blindsight (Orthos), Soulsense (Chupoclops) and Scent (Stance) active]

SPoD
2011-05-10, 02:50 PM
Ulna watches Renault's reluctance to finish the pit fiend off with puzzlement, but then soon shrugs (an action that moves 10 tons of metal). "If ya don't want 'im dead, that's fine, I guess, but I aim ta make sure he don't sneak up behind us later." She smashes her silver sword up and down on his corpse over and over again, reducing him to a slightly lumpy red gravy. "That oughta take him a while to get back on his feet," she grins.

I'm taking two full rounds of attacks on his body with maxxed Power Attack:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Niezck
2011-05-11, 11:42 AM
As the first through the door, Renault feels a strange sensation as he enters and views this magnificent room. By appearances, it's roughly 100ft by 100ft. The walls are adorned with countless exquisite tapestries and paintings depicting various great battles, each one a victory for the devils. Above these are strange green torches that seem to burn with no fuel.

Along the northern wall is a large bookcase full to the brim with dusty old tomes. Next to this stands a table with an open book on it, the page seeming to shift and change depending on which angle you view it at and apparently showing one of the layers of the abyss entirely mapped out.

The eastern wall is largely plain except for a large black box next to it about halfway along. It has no visible handles or marking of any kind.

The south wall, from which you're entering, houses a trophy collection of sorts. Various huge weapons, pieces of armour and skulls from a variety of species and cultures adorn this wall. Each and every piece of metal, however, appears to be made from Baatorian Steel.

The western wall is far more interesting than the others, as it contains incomprehensibly complex battle plans and troop lists along with a map that'd make the most intelligent illithid have a headache - each time you view it, it's a different image and even when you continually look at it, it flickers between several thousand images each second you stare. When you look away, however, and see it out of the corner of your eye ... absolutely still.

In the centre of the room sits a table, a large round mahogany table with nine thrones around it, one of which seems far more grand than the others. The table is covered with yet more maps, figures and battle plans. Yet there is nobody in sight.

Dangling from the ceiling is an impossibly black orb, crackling and fizzing with arcane energy. As you stare at it and feel its power, you begin to realise why all the metal in this room is Baatorian Steel. Your weapons, armour and any other non-Baatorian Steel metallic objects you're holding are being pulled toward this sphere with incredible force.

As Renault steps forwards, a blast of arcane energy thrusts itself up from the floor, engulfing him for a brief moment. A small, blue sigil glows briefly on the part of the floor where Renault was stood before vanishing again.

SPoD
2011-05-11, 06:14 PM
Ulna has to duck to see into the room, but what she sees, she doesn't like. All of Renault's metallic items are tugging him toward the black sphere, and some of them are flying right off of him toward it!

Ulan's eyes glow red for a moment as she stretches out her hand, hoping that she isn't too late but knowing that she probably is.

Greater Dispel Magic, targeted on the black orb. Not quickened, because why bother at this point. Ulna herself is still safely outside the room.

[roll0]

Niezck
2011-05-11, 06:21 PM
As Ulna's magic takes effect, the orb briefly glows a brilliant green colour, the same as the lamps in fact, and Ulna finds herself with a strange sensation.

You just missed the DC on the dispel, so no effect. No visible or immediate mechanical effect anyway. You do feel a bit odd though, as though your whole body just became charged.

SPoD
2011-05-11, 06:32 PM
Ulna pauses. "That felt...weird," the titan says, slowly. "Like when I rev myself up for somethin' with my mind, I guess, only not quite. I can try again, but I don't know what that tingly feelin' was, so I don't know if it's a good idea." She looks to Siouxsie in particular for guidance.

"Or, I could try to dispel that suspicious lookin' black box over there instead," she adds.

I have no Knowledge-type skills, so I'm not even going to try to figure out what that was.

Technically, I could try to dispel the orb again, but that was an 18 on the roll. The chances of getting a 19 or 20 before I run out of uses are not good enough for me to want to just burn through them all.

Zarthrax
2011-05-13, 12:53 PM
Siouxsie just offers a shake of her head.
"Don't bother, Ulna. Probably dispel-trapped for just such an eventuality."

After a moment's thought, she shrugs.
"Time for a bit of experimentation."

She reaches up and pulls a bead of her rather cheap looking necklace and flings it at the sphere....

(1 4d6 fireball from her Necklace of Fireballs expended for [roll0] damage. Items don't get Reflex saves for half, so full damage.)

Ryuuk
2011-05-14, 04:39 PM
"Son of a..." Stepping into the room makes Renault's goggles and circlet fly towards the sphere... and saving the circlet costs him a ring. With his bracers and circlet threatening to leave him any second, he fades away into the ethereal.

He takes a moment to examine the sphere and the surroundings. The prey wasn't there... That was probably to be expected. These defenses were unique, he had to admit.

After the blast of flames hits the sphere, he reappears behind the group. "Careful with that, those little trinkets were pretty valuable..." He switches some items around, placing the circlet in his left glove, and the crystal dorje that was there at his side. Then he fastens his bracers and takes on a yellow glow that treats his wounds [Heal SLA] and steps through the door once again. "Whatever we're going to do, I say we do it quickly, the piece and quiet likely won't last."

OoC

His only metal object at the moment should be his bracers, which should be much safer if he can use his Disarm check instead of a save.

If his check tells him nothing about the sphere, he'll worry about it later and pick up a properly sized weapon from the southern wall and check that black box on the eastern walls.

Knowledge Arcana ([roll0]
Knowledge Planes [roll1]

If needed: Disarm to save Bracers [roll2]

Niezck
2011-05-14, 05:26 PM
The bead streaks toward the sphere with excellent aim, exploding into a burst of fire at the target. What happens next is most fascinating, the fire re-appears once more, this time starting in a fireball and collecting inward to re-form the bead. The re-created bead is then launched straight back at Siouxsie and re-attaches itself to her necklace.

Renault, upon trying to turn ethereal, finds his ethereal magic blocked by an unknown force. The strange sensation that he felt upon entering the map room returns however, so perhaps they're related.

SPoD
2011-05-14, 06:07 PM
"I ain't walkin' in that room 'til we figure out how to turn that orb thingie off," Ulna says. "You know how hard it is to find adamantine armor in my size?"

Ulna concentrates for a moment, and in a flash of sulfur and steam, a purplish-black spider-demon, dripping in spines and ichor, appears before her. "Go open that box," she commands it, pointing at the black box in the corner.

Summon Monster IX to summon a Bebilith. If it's blocked for some reason, I'll edit my post later.

Niezck
2011-05-14, 06:35 PM
Ulna feels a similar sensation to Renault's as her summoning magic is blocked.

SPoD
2011-05-15, 07:35 AM
"Humph," Ulna grumbles. "My summonin' is bein' blocked, an' my dispellin' felt weird. I don't like this at all. Ain't there some other way around this? Do we need to go through here?"

Getting frustrated, Ulna tries throwing lightning at the orb, arcing to the box that she still thinks is involved somehow (but probably isn't).

Chain lightning at the orb and the box, although I'm pretty sure it won't do anything. I just don't have that many options against a trap that will permanently cripple my ability to contribute if I step in that room. If anyone else has any ideas, please, try something!

Niezck
2011-05-16, 06:54 AM
As the lightning hits the sphere, it begins to collect on the surface of the objects and is clearly preparing to fire back at Ulna in a similar manner to the fireball.

However, as it the secondary bolt arcs to the box, the lightning on the surface of the sphere dissipates and the tingling sensation Ulna and Renault are feeling weakens slightly.

Spot DC 25

You notice that where the lightning has hit is now a small, one-button control panel, seemingly disguised before. It looks pretty damaged.

SPoD
2011-05-16, 07:51 PM
"Hey, Renault! Go check out that button!" Ulna calls to the abishai, heartened by the unexpected progress. "Try pressin' it. If it don't do nuthin', I'll blast it again."

I can't fail a DC 25 Spot check, so I didn't roll.

Ryuuk
2011-05-21, 11:05 AM
Renault

"Ah... Goodeye." Renault focuses on the black box's control, giving it a prod to see if it activates.

If there is no visible effect, he nods, whips up his tails stinger, bathing it in arcs of electricity, and drives it into the black box, through the button.

Mythweaver's is down, but in case it's needed:

Stinger damage (Full PA for +22): [roll1] + ([roll2]+[roll3]) Elec

Niezck
2011-05-21, 11:40 AM
Pressing the button achieves nothing visible, therefore Renault thrusts his tail at the box. While Renault's attack barely has no discernible effect, the small spark of electricity it delivers is just enough go finish frying the box, causing the sphere in ghe centre of the room to audibly and visually power down, dropping all of the metal items it's holding.

Simultaneously, small section of the bookcase pulls back, revealing a badly lit, stone corridor 10ft by 10ft.

Listen DC 40

You hear whispers coming from the passageway, fiendish whispers.

Listen DC 55

Barely audible, you can hear the words, spoken in infernal, "They've found it. Activate stage two."

SPoD
2011-05-23, 01:58 AM
With the orb safely deactivated, Ulna finally feels free to enter the room. She grabs a huge sword made of baatorian steel from the rack, takes a few swings with it to sense its balance, and then stows it in her backpack.Might have need for that later, she thinks.

Then, she examines the hallway that has just been uncovered. "Damn, why all you people got to be so tiny?" she complains. "Space don't cost nuthin', why can't ya just have more of it?" She looks down the corridor to see if she can see where it ends.

Looking down the hallway with darkvision, trying to figure out if it's going to be 10' tall the whole way, or if it expands later on. If it doesn't expand, I need to use Compression to fit, and I would need to decide if I want to manifest it for 3 rounds or 3 minutes.

EDIT: Also, grabbing the largest green steel sword there is. I can wield up to a Gargantuan greatsword.

Ryuuk
2011-05-23, 02:37 PM
Renault

Satisfied, Renault likewise get ahold of his ring and goggles, and spends a few seconds readjusting it all. Noticing Ulna, he'll do the same, taking any 1-handed medium weapon, if there are any. Weather he's able to see and pick one up or not after a quick glance, he'll move towards the newly opened tunnel.

"We can bring that up with an architect once were done here..." He'd already triggered one trap, and entering the tunnel would mean taking an archer and a titan into tight quarters... He was on the clock, but he wasn't desperate just yet... "Shall we smoke them out?"

He raises a clawed hand and aims at the tunnel, and his palm begins to crackle with profane energy. After a short buildup, he fires a blast of a blue and black color. Then another, and another... In the few seconds he fires 4 times.

Using Abyssal Blast. Rapid Abyssal Blast (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76956) lets me full attack with it, Abyssal Blast Shape (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92203) lets me use it at will and turn it into a line, cone or burst.

Renault fullattacked with 4 lines (120ft), fired into the tunnel.

If it works, anyone in the tunnel must make 4 Reflex Saves:

DC 35 Reflex or [roll0]
DC 35 Reflex or [roll1]
DC 35 Reflex or [roll2]
DC 35 Reflex or [roll3]

As an aside, I'll admit it isn't clear if I can do this. A full attack with ranged touch attacks (Rapid Abyssal), sure, but not necessarily with the modified blasts. If there would be a problem here, I'll be fine with the ruling.

Niezck
2011-05-29, 12:21 PM
Both Renault and Ulna find appropriately sized weapons, as if they were placed there specifically for them.

Ulna fails to see anything but endless 10x10 corridor as far as her sight allows.

As Renault blasts down into the tunnel, it illuminates the solid green walls but seems to have little to no effect on anything else.

SPoD
2011-05-29, 01:16 PM
"Godsdamn it," Ulna swears, "I hate havin' to come down to your level." She concentrates for a moment as the room fills with a smell that could best be described as a mix of the worst smelling curry ever, and feet. She begins to shrink, ending up about 12 feet in height. Still a little tall for the corridor, but she'll have much more room to swing her weapon.

"Well, come on, let's hurry up," Ulna says to the rest, "This trick only lasts three minutes." Without waiting, she enters the corridor.

Compression, augmented with 2 extra points to increase the duration to 1 min./level.

Note that if we have to fight before she can return, I'm going to have to completely recalculate her character sheet for her new size. But I'm not doing it yet. :smalltongue:

Zarthrax
2011-05-29, 02:39 PM
Siouxsie just smirks as Ulna shrinks down to a little less than two times her height.

"Quit bitching, Ulna. It could be worse, and indeed, probably will get nothing but soon enough."

She then proceeds to follow the rest of the group as they start down the passage.

Cardea
2011-06-01, 02:22 PM
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Hide: [roll2]
Move Silently: [roll3]

"Hush, Miles." Says Valeyl, moving forward. He moves forward, hiding behind the group. Miles keeps an eye out for anything out of the ordinary, while Valeyl makes himself unseen.

Ryuuk
2011-06-01, 02:54 PM
Renault

As the others go, Renault takes a moment to test the weapon's balance. He shifts back to the human that entered the keep in a flash of lightning, takes a quick breath, and turns back to the draconic beast. He could relate to Ulna's plight.

That done, he follows the others.

Niezck
2011-06-07, 08:58 AM
Assuming marching order of...

-U-l-n-a-
Sio-- Ren
------Val

(That is, Ulna up front then Siouxsie and Renault behind with Valeyl sneaking behind the group.)

As the group advances through the tunnel, the whispers some of them heard start getting louder and louder and a light can be seen in the distance. A strange, green light that appears to be flickering like a candle.

Stopping about 50ft from the end of the corridor, you all hear a deafening shout. In the distance you can now clearly make out a room at the end of the greensteel corridor. How big it is or who's in there, however, remains a mystery.

"Who dare challenge the Lord of the First!?"

Knowledge: The Planes DC 10:

This is clearly Bel's voice.

SPoD
2011-06-07, 10:05 AM
Ulna grinned a crooked grin back at her companions, then shouted, "Guess, Bel-Bottom!" and flew down the corridor at top speed!

I presume I can't charge because I can't see a target, but 50 feet is within a move action for me for either my land speed, so I'd like to take that and see what I see before taking any actions.

In the highly likely event that I need to make a saving throw:
Fort: [roll2]
Ref: [roll3]
Will: [roll4]
And my spell resistance is 45.

Ryuuk
2011-06-10, 08:25 AM
Renault

Show time... Renault is a gentleman and lets Ulna move through the corridor first, taking another moment to schism his mind. Once done, the Abishai follows Ulna, but keeping a safe distance (say, 30ft), so as to be able to stop if anything happens to the vanguard.

Zarthrax
2011-06-12, 10:40 PM
Siouxsie frowns as Ulna speeds towards what is pretty obviously a trap, then shrugs and follows suit.

"In for a penny...."

Niezck
2011-06-24, 01:04 PM
As Ulna hits the entrance to the room, it immediately becomes clear why the group has barely seen any devils thus far - they're all in here.

Row upon row of Bearded and Horned devils stand between the titan and Bel. Just infront of the Lord of the First stand a small group of Pit Fiends, each looking fiercer than the one beside it.

Directly next to Bel stands yet another Pit Fiend, yet this one is clearly different. Equipped with magnificent armour and wielding a flaming greatsword, this Pit Fiend is obviously of some particular note.

Knowledge: The Planes DC 20

This is Dagos, Marshall of the Pits, one of the Dark Eight.

Closer to Ulna stands another unique Pit Fiend, this one adorned in flaming green robes and wielding a carved greensteel staff.

Knowledge: The Planes DC 20

This is Zapan, Minister of Immortal Diplomacy, also a member of the Dark Eight.

With the arrival of the titan, Bel, barely visible from behind the mass of fiends, shouts a single, clear word to all in the room. Those further down the corridor feel the greensteel around them shake with the ferocity of his order.

"CHARGE!"

SPoD
2011-06-24, 06:49 PM
Ulna begins laughing.

Cardea
2011-06-24, 09:33 PM
Valeyl calmly walks out from behind Ulna, pulling on the non-existent string. Instantly, red bolts come out from the air, as the Archer looks onto the room. There is quiet... and then time slows down to a stand still for him.

Move Action: Getting out from behind Ulna, to B-16.
Using Time Stands Still. Expending Curse to use Cursed Strike: Geasa. Additionally, they must make a DC 31 Will Save or take a -10 luck penalty to all attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks, skill checks, and damage rolls for one hour.
Full-round One: Swarm of Arrows
BD[/roll]
[b]BD@D7

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
BD@D9
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
BD@D11
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
BD@D13
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
BD@D15
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
BD@F15
[roll30]
[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]
[roll35]
BD@G9
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]
[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]
BD@G11
[roll42]
[roll43]
[roll44]
[roll45]
[roll46]
[roll47]
BD@H12
[roll48]
[roll49]
[roll50]
[roll51]
[roll52]
[roll53]
BD@H15
[roll54]
[roll55]
[roll56]
[roll57]
[roll58]
[roll59]
BD@J12
[roll60]
[roll61]
[roll62]
[roll63]
[roll64]
[roll65]
BD@J15
[roll66]
[roll67]
[roll68]
[roll69]
[roll70]
[roll71]
BD@L15
[roll72]
[roll73]
[roll74]
[roll75]
[roll76]
[roll77]
HD
HD@E7
[roll78]
[roll79]
[roll80]
[roll81]
[roll82]
[roll83]
HD@E10
[roll84]
[roll85]
[roll86]
[roll87]
[roll88]
[roll89]
HD@E13
[roll90]
[roll91]
[roll92]
[roll93]
[roll94]
[roll95]
HD@K13
[roll96]
[roll97]
[roll98]
[roll99]
[roll100]
[roll101]

SPF
SPF
[roll102]
[roll103]
[roll104]
[roll105]
[roll106]
[roll107]
Full-round Two: Swarm of Arrows
BD
[b]BD@D7
[roll108]
[roll109]
[roll110]
[roll111]
[roll112]
[roll113]
BD@D9
[roll114]
[roll115]
[roll116]
[roll117]
[roll118]
[roll119]
BD@D11
[roll120]
[roll121]
[roll122]
[roll123]
[roll124]
[roll125]
BD@D13
[roll126]
[roll127]
[roll128]
[roll129]
[roll130]
[roll131]
BD@D15
[roll132]
[roll133]
[roll134]
[roll135]
[roll136]
[roll137]
BD@F15
[roll138]
[roll139]
[roll140]
[roll141]
[roll142]
[roll143]
BD@G9
[roll144]
[roll145]
[roll146]
[roll147]
[roll148]
[roll149]
BD@G11
[roll150]
[roll151]
[roll152]
[roll153]
[roll154]
[roll155]
BD@H12
[roll156]
[roll157]
[roll158]
[roll159]
[roll160]
[roll161]
BD@H15
[roll162]
[roll163]
[roll164]
[roll165]
[roll166]
[roll167]
BD@J12
[roll168]
[roll169]
[roll170]
[roll171]
[roll172]
[roll173]
BD@J15
[roll174]
[roll175]
[roll176]
[roll177]
[roll178]
[roll179]
BD@L15
[roll180]
[roll181]
[roll182]
[roll183]
[roll184]
[roll185]
HD
HD@E7
[roll186]
[roll187]
[roll188]
[roll189]
[roll190]
[roll191]
HD@E10
[roll192]
[roll193]
[roll194]
[roll195]
[roll196]
[roll197]
HD@E13
[roll198]
[roll199]
[roll200]
[roll201]
[roll202]
[roll203]
HD@K13
[roll204]
[roll205]
[roll206]
[roll207]
[roll208]
[roll209]

SPF
SPF
[roll210]
[roll211]
[roll212]
[roll213]
[roll214]
[roll215]

Zarthrax
2011-06-25, 08:49 PM
Siouxsie concentrates for a moment as a vast cloud of fog and wind surrounds her now....

(OOC: Activates my Rage of the Oncoming Storm granted Fog Cloud. That's it for me until next round.)

Niezck
2011-06-25, 09:27 PM
As Valeyl releases his volley of shots, every devil he hits is felled. All except Zapan who, with a speed unlike a beast of his size, releases a flurry of hand movement as he vanishes. A split-second later, a number of the devils in the room vanish before re-appearing closer to Ulna and Valeyl. Zapan appears to have taken Dagos' place and looks completely unresponsive as he stands in the corner, next to Bel.

Spellcraft DC 19 & 18

Celerity

Dimension Step

Map after PC actions (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/BelFight-1.png)

Then, grinning wildly, Bel raises a clawed hand and points it toward Zapan. With a flash of hellfire and a scream that chills each of you to your very core, Zapan raises his head once more and appears to be fully restored of whatever condition befell him.

Spellcraft DC 24

Wish SLA

That done, the devils nearest Valeyl raise their weapons and charge headfirst. They strike with greater ferocity than you would expect them to do, no doubt bolstered by the Marshall of the Pits directly behind them.

Despite the front ranks of devils leaping into combat, the back ranks remain still, staring fearlessly at the melee ahead. Some of the Bearded Devils seem somewhat disturbed by the rate their brethren fell, but a single word from Dagos stays their fear.

"Hold."

It is said with an authority none of you have ever heard before, as if his very voice demanded obedience.

Of the 3 charging Horned Devils, all 3 hit, dealing 45, 43 and 39 damage respectively with their spiked chains. You also need to make 3 DC 27 fort saves or be stunned for 1d4 rounds per hit.

It is now Ulna & Renault.

Map after Devils & Bel. (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/BelFight-2.png)

SPoD
2011-06-26, 05:51 AM
Ulna's laughing continues as she sees so many devils drop to the floor from Valeyl's arrows. Let the drow handle the little fish, she had bigger game to hunt. With surprising agility for a pile of muscle in plate armor, she does a flipping leap over the heads of two horned devils, growing as she spins so that she lands before Zagon at her full normal size. "Heya, handsome," she grins before laying into him with a mile of silver.

Swift Action: Activating psicrown to manifest Hustle, giving me an extra move action.

Move Action: Since I'm assuming that there's not enough headroom to fly above them, tumbling (yes, Ulna can tumble) through the spaces of the horned devils at D15 and E13 and past Zagon to land in F10. DC 25 +2 for second foe, I rolled a 29 in the OOC. They don't get AOO's, and due to Lord of War, no other creature with a BAB lower than 22 can make an AOO at all.

Free Action: Dismissing Compression.

Move Action: Entering combat focus, giving me tremorsense, true seeing, and the ability to ignore mind-affecting by spending a swift action each round.

Standard Action: Full attack on Zagon. Power Attack -2/+4. Attacks are silver and Chaotic and ignore first 20 points of all DR (except DR X / -, which it only ignores first 10 points).

Attack #1: [roll0]
Damage #1: [roll1]
Bane (Evil Outsider): [roll2]
Anarchic: [roll3]
Electricity: [roll4]
Critical on a 69 or 70 67-70:
Crit Confirmation: [roll5]
Extra Crit Damage: [roll][roll6]
May activate any SLA as a swift action on a threat

Attack #1: [roll7]
Damage #1: [roll8]
Bane (Evil Outsider): [roll9]
Anarchic: [roll10]
Electricity: [roll11]
Critical on a 64 or 65 62-65:
Crit Confirmation: [roll12]
Extra Crit Damage: [roll][roll13]

Attack #1: [roll14]
Damage #1: [roll15]
Bane (Evil Outsider): [roll16]
Anarchic: [roll17]
Electricity: [roll18]
Critical on a 59 or 60 57-60:
Crit Confirmation: [roll19]
Extra Crit Damage: [roll][roll20]

Attack #1: [roll21] <--Critical Threat
Damage #1: [roll22]
Bane (Evil Outsider): [roll23]
Anarchic: [roll24]
Electricity: [roll25]
Critical on a 54 or 55 52-55:
Crit Confirmation: [roll26]
Extra Crit Damage: [roll][roll27]

Free Action: Activating Robilar's Gambit, granting anyone +4 to hit and damage against me but granting me an AOO for anyone who attacks me.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot that I had Keen Edge active, that means that the crit range is 17-20, not 19-20, which makes the last attack a threat. I will drop a Horrid Wilting on the upper right corner, which should catch everyone on that side of me, from Zagon to Bel. Dice will be rolled in next post.

SPoD
2011-06-26, 06:12 AM
As Ulna pounds on Zagon, a dark mist seeps from her sword, washing over the assembled devils and sucking up the tainted moisture from their infernal bodies.

As per above post, activating Horrid Wilting as a free action on every devil from D1 to P1 and D1 to D11:

Overcoming spell resistance: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Fortitude DC 35 for half

Ryuuk
2011-06-26, 09:37 AM
Renault

The Abishai rushes forward, sending a telepathic message to the devils around him. "No hard feelings, we're just after the big guy up there..." Once the scene is clear, he, once again, begins to build up the crackling profane energy in a clawed hand. Then he pulls it down. Off behind the devils blocking their way, 4 profane blasts erupt.

Stance: Dancing Blade Form (+5ft Reach) + Unbound Shape
Swift: Initiate Sudden Leap (Landing in A15)
Full Attack: 4 Abyssal Blasts shaped as 30ft spreads, and centered in I16

He'll tumble during the jump (+29 tumble, +79 total jump mod, do to Unbound tripling land speed), but if that is not possible he'll just take the AoOs.

AC 71 (10 Base + 8 Armor + 17 Natural + 8 Dex + 6 Insight (Vestige, Balam) + 10 Deflect (Unbound, Spirit Armor) + 12 Dodge (Unbound, Speed of the Wind)

Each spread should hit the following:

Horned: C13, E13, D15
Bearded: E12, G13, G14, G15, F14, F15
SPF (Dagos, I think): H10

DC 35 Reflex for [roll0]
DC 35 Reflex for [roll1]
DC 35 Reflex for [roll2]
DC 35 Reflex for [roll3]

Niezck
2011-06-29, 04:08 PM
As Ulna releases a flurry at Dagos, only the first blow connects. While it feels as though her swing should be stopped by some tangible field protecting him, it is not, and takes a decisive chunk out of his left arm. The rest of the attacks are deflected gracefully by his tower shield.

Renault then leaps into action, quite literally. With the message to the devils, he releases his flurry of abyssal blasts, the very nature of the attacks causing incomprehensible damage to the devils. As the energy spreads, each of the devils it impacts is felled, save for Dagos. Ulna, similarly, is caught within the radius of the abyssal energy.

Dagos roars at the insolence of Renault, to attack him with such foul energy. His footing shifts as he raises his blade high over his head, calling out in Infernal to the devils around him.

"First-six-eight!"

Martial Lore DC 18

Swarm Tactics Stance

Martial Lore DC 40

Dagos knows maneuvers from White Raven, Iron Heart and Devoted Spirit.

As each of the devils around him shifts stance accordingly, he brings his blade down against Ulna, striking her repeatedly with blade, tooth and wing. Each of his attacks strikes true as he assaults the titan, empowered by the presence of Bel and the fiends around him. Though his assault is brutal, Ulna's natural resilience makes it less than effective, reducing the damage she takes to near nothing on each strike. The last wing hit, however, deals a particularly deadly blow as it slices at her face and manages to scrape across her cheek.

Encouraged by his ally's onslaught, Zapan rises to his full height and begins chanting, his clawed feet rising up off the ground as he floats above the others. A brief second later and two crimson-black beams are sent forth from an outstretched hand - one toward Valeyl and one toward Renault. The rays strike true and the pair feel their very lifeforce sapped away by it.

Spellcraft DC 22

Twin Avasculate

Ulna - First attack hit and ignored his DR. Also make 4 DC 35 reflex saves or take 49, 66, 53 and 47 damage respectively from Renault's blast.

Dagos' full attack deals damage as follows (DR taken into account already): 17 + 7 fire, 18 + 8, 18 + 8, 17 + 7, 16 + 6, 0 + 8, 0 + 6, 0 + 5, 23 (crit) + 13.

Totalling 109 damage and 68 fire.

Renault - All but Dagos were killed, you also hit Ulna in your spread though.

Valeyl & Renault: You were hit with an Avasculate, meaning your HP is halved (round down). You also both need to make DC 38 Fort saves or be stunned for a round. Should your touch ACs be any different from those stated, let me know. He got a 34 to hit Valeyl and a 47 to hit Renault, so I believe that hits both.

MAP (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/BelFight-3.png).

Back to Siousxie and Valeyl.

Zarthrax
2011-06-29, 07:05 PM
Martial Lore - [roll0]

Here we go.

Swift Action - Activates Quicksilver Motion, moves to J11 to flank Dagos with Ulna.

Full Round Action - Time Stands Still for a double full attack, rolls to be made in the OOC.

Free Action - Activates Robilar's Gambit.

From the exterior, the fog cloud seems merely to surge forward and envelop Dagos.

Meanwhile, on the interior, one very angry Erinyes bounds to behind the General under the cover of it, barely making a sound as her blades start their dance on his hide, carving pit fiend scales away with almost culinary alacrity....

Cardea
2011-07-04, 01:08 PM
"Charge. Hold. First-six-eight." Valeyl says coldly, lowering his bow, while his eyes remain on Bel. "Such last words are so weak. You have some more time: I suggest you find better ones."

Targeting 'Dg' with Painwrack as Free Action. Must make DC 31 Will Save or take a -6 pain penalty to Constitution, as well as a -10 pain penalty to all rolls, a -5 pain penalty to armor class, and a -4 pain penalty to the save DCs of all of their spells, spell-like abilities, and/or supernatural abilities.

Full-Round Action: Firing Bow once, refreshing Maneuvers.

Hitting for Touch, Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

SPoD
2011-07-05, 11:29 AM
"Hey! Watch where you're throwin' those things!" Ulna bellows as she dodges Renault's wayward blasts.

Reflex: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1]
Reflex: [roll2]
Reflex: [roll3]

Niezck
2011-07-10, 06:10 PM
As Siousxie dives forwards and assaults Dagos, only six of her eighteen strikes miss. As she carves at the Pit Fiend, it's clear that even after the first three or four strikes, he's not going to make it through this. As the smoke clears over his body, Dagos looks mutilated beyond reason, having large chunks of his armored skin literally cut out.

Valeyl's shot is simply icing on the cake, as it strikes him squarely in the chest, causing the corpse to fall to the ground with a large thud.

Bel seems entirely unphased by this, as he merely waves a hand at Dagos' corpse and sees it rise. His other arm outstretches and Dagos is covered in crimson flames that seems to restore his body to its former glory.

Spellcraft DC 24 *2

Wish SLA

Wish SLA

Seeing their Marshal restores to his former glory, the devils recommence battle formations and maneuver around the group, attacking them whenever possible.

Siousxie with her flurry of attacks deals a grand total of 1143 damage after carving away his natural armor in the first three attacks.

Valeyl's attack lands and he restores all maneuvers.

Bel uses two actions to restore Dagos completely.

Siousxie takes 30 damage after DR from the two Bearded Devils claws. Then from the Horned Devil that was already next to her she takes 45 after DR from the claws, 23 after DR from the bite and 21 after DR from the tail, plus an instance of infernal wound. The Horned Devil that moves up to her misses.

Valeyl takes 14 total after DR from one of the Bearded Devils and the other misses.

Renault takes no damage as all attacks miss.

Ulna also takes no damage as all attacks miss.

It is now Ulna and Renault.

MAP (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g318/niezck/BelFight-4.png).

Zarthrax
2011-07-16, 10:53 AM
I get Retaliatory Strikes on all of them for hitting me, due to Robilar's Gambit being up.

Also, I forgot that my armor grants me and every ally within 10 feet of me Protection from Evil, so that bumps my AC up to 44 due to a +2 deflection bonus.

Retaliation-

Bearded Devil 1
Attack-[roll0] Damage- [roll1] [roll2]
Attack-[roll3] Damage- [roll4] [roll5]

Bearded Devil 2
Attack-[roll6] Damage- [roll7] [roll8]
Attack-[roll9] Damage- [roll10] [roll11]

Horned Devil
Attack-[roll12] Damage- [roll13] [roll14]
Attack-[roll15] Damage- [roll16] [roll17]
Attack-[roll18] Damage- [roll19] [roll20]
Attack-[roll21] Damage- [roll22] [roll23]

If an attack is a critical, threat will be rolled in a separate post, and damage for the attack instead becomes 131 damage total.

All rolls get an additional +10 from Battle Mastery (Warblade- Int. modifier to attack and damage rolls for AoOs.)

Zarthrax
2011-07-16, 10:56 AM
Critical Threat rolls-

Horned Devil 2 -both attacks-
[roll0]
[roll1]

Horned Devil -second and third attacks-
[roll2]
[roll3]

All rolls get an additional + 10 from Battle Ardor (Warblade- Int. modifier to critical confirmation rolls)