PDA

View Full Version : Low-level Tibbit Warblade

ILM
2011-04-30, 05:11 PM
I'm statting up a pair of Tibbit Warblades. Their one main role is to provide extra actions to another character via White Raven Tactics, but they'll be seeing CR20 fights... and at level 5, they'll have trouble lasting very long.

They must be at least Warblade 5, and they may have another level or LA on top if you can find good ones. I heed help with feats and maneuvers to make them last in battle while still being able to use WRT every other round. Anything's good: stealth, mobility, raw staying power (yeah right), or any other tricks. Any ideas?

danzibr
2011-04-30, 05:26 PM
So basically you want lvl 5 Tibbit Warblades to be as durable as possible? I made a Warblade once but he was way on the aggro side.

What kind of things do you want them to do? ONLY survive while supporting another character? Or do you want them capable of other things?

Blackjackg
2011-04-30, 05:33 PM
Could this character that they are supporting afford to provide them with magic items that grant incorporeality? That may help them survive some sorts of attacks, or at least make them unattractive as targets.

Ravens_cry
2011-04-30, 05:37 PM
Wait, wait wait.
Why the @%$# are they level 5 when facing CR 20 threats?!:smalleek:

Blackjackg
2011-04-30, 05:46 PM
Wait, wait wait.
Why the @%$# are they level 5 when facing CR 20 threats?!:smalleek:

If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably followers.

ILM
2011-04-30, 06:03 PM
So basically you want lvl 5 Tibbit Warblades to be as durable as possible? I made a Warblade once but he was way on the aggro side.

What kind of things do you want them to do? ONLY survive while supporting another character? Or do you want them capable of other things?
Pretty much, yeah. Like I said, their main shtick is White Raven Tactics; to use that they must have a swift action available and be within 10' of the main character they're supporting. The rest of the time, I don't care if they're 200 miles away or 30' underground. Anything else they can do is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned. Speaking of which, Crusaders also get access to White Raven maneuvers, but I don't like the recovery method so much.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably followers.
And you would get a cookie! :smallsmile: (and in case anyone wants to bring up the old 3.0 rule that followers with PC levels are treated as 2 levels higher: assuming it's been reprinted somewhere in 3.5 - and I couldn't find any hint of that - I'm ignoring it anyway)

I know ECL 5 in CR 20 battle is stupid. Just in Core, there's probably like 4 spells that shut down anything below 6 HD with no save. Plus, one well-aimed fireball and they're likely to be toast, let alone some monstrous AoE spell cast by a decently optimized guy. Also, as tibbits they can't fly, and their miserable WBL (13K, woot) doesn't let them buy anything significant, which means anytime the main character needs to fly, they stop being useful at all. And the list goes on: they're ECL 5 (6? Convince me) and they're in fights 15 CRs above them, which means it's dollars to donuts they won't make it anyway.

I'm not trying to make them invincible, I'd just like to improve the odds as much as I can. Think of it this way: your DM gives you a level 5 tibbit warblade and tells you "You'll be taking part in a fight between level 20 guys. Your main role is to buff, not to deal damage. How do you stat the character and what do you do in order to make it to the end?"

@Blackjackg: I like the way you think. Main character's pretty tapped out but the main problem is that I can't think of any item that provides full-on incorporeality for any meaningful duration and that doesn't cost like a fifth of an ECL20's WBL.

Ravens_cry
2011-04-30, 06:21 PM
Well, they can be cats, so Feline Feats anyone (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fools/20030401c)?
With so many, this could be useful.