PDA

View Full Version : Swordsage 6 feat?

Dralnu
2011-04-30, 11:11 PM
Currently in a campaign as a human swordsage 2. My feats are Shadow Blade and Adaptive Style. Next level I'll be taking Weapon Finesse. But I have no clue what else is good to take at level 6. Any ideas?

gallagher
2011-04-30, 11:16 PM
any feat that makes the rogue better will also make you better. heck, if you play SSs like i do, you cant go wrong with improved init.

Ernir
2011-04-30, 11:33 PM
What Stances and Maneuvers do you have? Do you have any meaningful magic items?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-30, 11:44 PM
any feat that makes the rogue better will also make you better. heck, if you play SSs like i do, you cant go wrong with improved init.

Personally I think it is not needed once you factor Quick to act and that usually Dex is a Swordsage highest (Shadow Hand Sages) or second highest (the rest) stat. Swordages have great initiative.

I usually take TWF; but that is not for all... perhaps EWP: Spiked Chain?
Really without more knowledge of your character is hard to say.

Greenish
2011-04-30, 11:57 PM
The importance of reach can hardly be overstated.

Dralnu
2011-05-01, 12:04 AM
Mundane gear, currently using daggers. We're dirt poor with no guarantees of shops having what we want.

Stances:
Child of Shadow, Step on the Wind

Maneuvers:
Burning Blade, Shadow Blade Technique, Distracting Ember, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Wolf Fang Strike, Mighty Throw, Stone Bones.

We're leveling up in the middle of next session (tommorrow) and I haven't chosen my level 3 maneuver yet but I'm leaning towards Flashing Sun.

I liked the idea of playing an Avatar-style kung-fu fighter. Considered dipping Monk2 (sleeping tiger variant) starting next level to get all my unarmed striking needs and then heading into Mo9 at level 8, but I doubt the campaign will last that long. I wouldn't be able to get that neato Snap Kick feat doing that anyway. Currently content with the idea of just sticking with Swordsage as far as it goes.

Is TWF good for swordsages? It doesn't look like you can use maneuvers with it except for the odd boost like Burning Blade.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-01, 12:08 AM
Mundane gear, currently using daggers. We're dirt poor with no guarantees of shops having what we want.

Stances:
Child of Shadow, Step on the Wind

Maneuvers:
Burning Blade, Shadow Blade Technique, Distracting Ember, Sapphire Nightmare Blade, Wolf Fang Strike, Mighty Throw, Stone Bones.

We're leveling up in the middle of next session (tommorrow) and I haven't chosen my level 3 maneuver yet but I'm leaning towards Flashing Sun.

I liked the idea of playing an Avatar-style kung-fu fighter. Considered dipping Monk2 (sleeping tiger variant) starting next level to get all my unarmed striking needs and then heading into Mo9 at level 8, but I doubt the campaign will last that long. I wouldn't be able to get that neato Snap Kick feat doing that anyway. Currently content with the idea of just sticking with Swordsage as far as it goes.

Is TWF good for swordsages? It doesn't look like you can use maneuvers with it except for the odd boost like Burning Blade.

Yeah my TWF swordsages use boosts and counters mainly, with a few strikes sprinkled when a Full attack is not guaranteed or not that useful.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-05-01, 12:37 PM
Where's your Two-Weapon Fighting? Then at level 9 get Improved TWF.