PDA

View Full Version : Ferocious slayer form damage question.

Vuann
2011-05-01, 01:38 AM
Quick question about the shape shift druid variant class. At level 8 you get the ferocious slayer form that gives you a 1d8 primary bite attack along with 2 secondary 1d6 claw attacks. It also says you gain one size category. Question is does that increase your natural attack damage as well? The damages seem to be generic as it doesn't know what your original size before changing shape is.

With this variant you typically stay your original Druid race size while shifting unless noted. So if you were a small size druid that shifted into the Ferocious slayer form you'd become medium. As a human then I become large in that form, so does that increase all my attacks to the next size? If not it seems the large size is actually a negative as you lose AC without any benefit to the larger size.

MeeposFire
2011-05-01, 01:43 AM
It always was unclear. I took the listed damage as the damage base as a medium creature so if you are human you deal 2d6 on bites (since you increased to large size).

Vuann
2011-05-01, 01:51 AM
It seems right. I just reread the entry in PHBII and it said damages given are based on a medium Druid. So if you were a smaller Druid those damages would actually be less, then go up one size for the form. So it makes sense the damage would go up, I just wanted a 2nd opinion.