PDA

View Full Version : SWSE Pilot Build Advice

Timballisto
2011-05-01, 01:47 PM
I'm working on a character for an Old Republic campaign. The concept is a Duros Spacer, someone who is a crack pilot but can also handle themselves in a fight. The campaign will take place during The Great Hyperspace War, characters start at level 4, here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=294816) is what I have so far. I chose Duros for the + to INT and DEX, and I like it flavor-wise. I don't want insane min-maxing but I do want a somewhat optimal character. The gm said the game will ideally progress to level 20, but he expects to end it at level 16.

The campaign isn't heavy into the ship battles, but when I pilot, I hope to shine. As of right now I'm not a big help in ground battles; to alleviate this I might want to dip a level of soldier to get rifle proficiency and become a sniper.

The ship I pilot is 578-R Space Transport from the KotOR campaign book. I'm wondering what starship maneuvers would be most suitable for my situation.

Any insight is appreciated.

Timballisto
2011-05-04, 07:22 PM
Bump for justice.

Jack Zander
2011-05-04, 09:59 PM
I'm not too familiar with building pilots, but if anyone else in the party is a Jedi, ask them to grab Skilled Adviser if they can spare a talent. It'll allow them to not be completely useless in a star ship battle as they can be your copilot and give you a +5 to all your pilot checks (or +10 when you really need it).