PDA

View Full Version : Are Magical Instruments Also Masterwork?

Jack Zander
2011-05-01, 06:25 PM
It seems like they should be (following the all magic items must first be masterwork rule), but nothing in the individual descriptions says that they are either.

WinWin
2011-05-01, 06:30 PM
No, Magical Weapons and Armour are required to be masterwork if they are to be enchanted. Other items are required to be 'high quality.' Masterwork Instruments would certainly be eligable for enchantment and if you wanted to houserule that all magicial instruments were masterwork, it would not really be game breaking.

Jack Zander
2011-05-01, 06:57 PM
I suppose I was getting my hopes up. Some magic instruments require perform checks to use and I was hoping for that +2.

I also need ideas for spells to put into a ring of counter-spelling. I bought two of them. I was thinking dispel magic so I can't be counter-spelled. What should go into the other one?

holywhippet
2011-05-01, 07:06 PM
I suppose I was getting my hopes up. Some magic instruments require perform checks to use and I was hoping for that +2.

I also need ideas for spells to put into a ring of counter-spelling. I bought two of them. I was thinking dispel magic so I can't be counter-spelled. What should go into the other one?

Unlike weapons, I don't think you actually make musical instruments out of an exisinting instrument per se. You just need the right spell, access to parts and enough money to pay for it.

Really the other spell should depend on what you think might be thrown at you and what you are weak against. If you have a poor will save then maybe something in the dominate person spell range.