PDA

View Full Version : [MLP FIM] Bridle Shores General locations/Civic Center/Knack's farm/The Beach

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mystic Muse
2011-05-01, 10:41 PM
The Town of Bridle Shores

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/Introbulus/PonyRPbanner1.png

Far to the west of Canterlot, further still even from Ponyville, a quiet little town is quickly springing up near a large lake.

This is Bridle Shores, situated along a large lake with a natural beach. Not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.

A small business district has started to grow, with a bakery, Dress shop, Grill, Greenhouse, Dojo, Saw mill, snow cone stand, dance academy, and even a soda bar popping up for the citizens of the town.They are also experimenting with new technology such as Floppy Disk’s computer shack or the Doctor's friendship harnessing lab. In addition, there's a farm and a wizard's tower on the outskirts of the town.

Much of the forest is quiet and peaceful, but deeper within the forest lurks creatures far more dangerous…

-------------------------------------------------------------
Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10623949#post10623949)

Mane Pony Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191743&page=19)

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195043)

Locations Covered in this Thread

The Civic Center:The Civic center is where most new ponies go when they need a place to stay for the night. If they don't simply find a way to get their own house that is.

Knack's farm:Knack's farm is a large settlement outside of the town, with every type of food you can imagine. It's run by Knack alone, but he occasionally is helped by other local ponies.

General locations There are some locations that get very little traffic and so do not warrant their own thread. This will include areas such as the forest, the lighthouse, the previously mentioned houses or anywhere else that isn't included in one of the other threads.

Please mark which location your characters are speaking from to make this go as smoothly as possible.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 05:40 AM
[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House]

Minstrone wakes up, stretches his legs, and gets ready for lessons. He must learn to figure out what the symbols on his armor mean, and why there are already two activated. Minstrone will be back in 8 hours

((ooc: See you all in 8 hours.))

Sable
2011-05-02, 08:47 AM
((Figured I may as well give Cotton Sable some love since I dropped her for a short while to use Cherry Cider. I never had a knack for using 2 characters at the same time.))

[Lake/Beach]
Cotton Sable, having revently dyed her mane a light blue color, walks up to the lakeside and sighs. She needed something to do since she wasn't invited to that big party. Sitting down, she takes a look at her hoof. She would have to find Soft eventually and ask if she knew any spells to change a pony's colors. She despised the color pink.

Looking around, she saw that somebody had built a new house around here. Ponies seemed to be popping up everywhere. This town would be a major city in no time. She looked back towards the lake, lightly flicking her tail back and forther as she closed her eyes slightly.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-02, 10:35 AM
If you recall...
Joyful Skies was engaged in cuddling. Also burnt food, but the cuddling is the important part.

Trobby
2011-05-02, 10:38 AM
[Floppy's House]

Yes, burnt food and cuddling.

Lots of...cuddling.

And possibly even some sleep at some point. :smallamused:

Lix Lorn
2011-05-02, 10:47 AM
[Floppy's House]
Yes, and the 'sleep' may at some point involve sleeping. :smallwink::smallamused:

Deme
2011-05-02, 11:31 AM
Meanwhile, in Ponyville...

Mystery had been asking questions. And not getting a lot of answers. Eventually, she spotted a purple unicorn with a straight-cut forelock coming out of the library. Well, anyone knowledgable was a good start, right. She would just show her the photograph and ask, in her best ominious detective voice,

"Heya, Dollface. Tell me what you know."

The unicorn looked slightly puzzled, but seemed pleased that someone was asking her for information. At which point Mystery looked down and realized that the photo was still very much in her coat pocket.

"Well," said the unicorn, pursing her lips, "I was just studying about the life cycle of the Everfree Dung Beetle, which is really a fascinating field of study. You see, the male Everfree Dung Beetle is born from..."

... 7 Hours Later (Or maybe it just felt like 7 hours)...

"And that's what I just got done studying tonight. Do you want to know about anything else?"

The rootbeer flask dropped from Mystery's lips, where she had been keeping it for a considerable length of time, taking deep, maddeningly bored, swigs.

"...I meant...About...this pegasus..."

She took the picture out of her mouth and showed it to the unicorn. Ordinary reckless investigators got lungs full of lead. But not her, ooohhhhh no. She got lectures. But she pulled herself together.

"Lived in town about 5 years ago; I want to know if she's still living in this area."

"Sorry...I've never seen her. But I'm pretty new around here."

Moonlight Mystery snorted.

"Well, worth a shot. Thanks for your time."

She sighed and, before the unicorn could say anything, sauntered off to a nearby alley. She checked her rootbeer flask. It was distressingly empty now.

Grif
2011-05-02, 11:34 AM
((OOC: Since Endless Xaraphim is taking a break, I'm going ahead without him. Hopefully it's alright if I godmode his pony a lil'))

[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House/Night]

Silverpine galloped ahead, his curiosity getting the better of him. He came to a screeching halt in front of the house, breathing heavily. Turning around to look for chance, he suddenly realised he lost the black unicorn on the way.

Ugh, I completely forgot he was limping earlier. Maybe he had a lame leg... now what do I do?

Shaking his head, he decided to just go ahead and poke around while he's here. Sensing nothing interesting outside the house, he rapped the door of the house loudly.

"Is anyone there?" he called.

Benson
2011-05-02, 12:33 PM
Spark Chaser SOME General Location->The Beach/Lake

Later that day mama had decided that the three would go on a picnic at the lake and play at the beach. Spark Chaser looked forward to this as it would help distract him from all of this morning...plus he wanted to be the biggest and bestest sound castle EVER! Well until Cloud wanted to help and thus end up knocking it over. Drats. His mama packed a picnic basket and a quilt, while he and Cloud made sure they had their beach toys which they were going to end up neglecting in favor of playing with some rocks they'd find. Kids, typical. The one thing Spark's made sure to have was his goggles.
----

About a good thirty minutes of traveling, would have taken much less for Sparks had he been running but his mama wanted him to stay together. Drats. Didn't matter though as they were finally here. There was a house here that he wasn't sure was here be before....but then again what did he know? This was the first time he had come to the lakeside beach. It was so pretty and glistening, the way the clouds reflected in the gentle waters. He just wanted to fly so bad.

He helped his mama set up the quilt, afterwards would be play time as the three engaged in a good ol' fashion game of beach ball catch.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 01:45 PM
[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House -Night
Minstrone returns home finally from school. He sees a pony knocking on his door.
"Hello there my good fellow! Is there something I can help you with?"

Grif
2011-05-02, 02:09 PM
[Lake Beach -- Minstrone's House -Night
Minstrone returns home finally from school. He sees a pony knocking on his door.
"Hello there my good fellow! Is there something I can help you with?"

Silverpine spun around in shock. He certainly didn't expect the owner to be out in the middle of the night.

"Um, hi there. I was just wondering, were you the one building this house earlier?" Silverpine suddenly felt very out of place. What the in the name of Equestria is he doing in the middle of the night, knocking on stranger's door?

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 02:25 PM
[Lake Beach---Minstrone's House]
"Yes I did, I didn't take long, considering how I like being busy, and how much I wanted some soup that I would cook later. Plus I had some control over the earth so that helped too. Why?"

Grif
2011-05-02, 02:35 PM
[Lake Beach---Minstrone's House]
"Yes I did, I didn't take long, considering how I like being busy, and how much I wanted some soup that I would cook later. Plus I had some control over the earth so that helped too. Why?"

Silverpine was fumbling for words "... why? Well, for starters... um... why were you building a house here in the middle of the night... I mean, don't you have to get permission or something..."

Who am I kidding? I'm new to town myself and I'm minding someone else business? Better find an excuse to slink away and find out where Chance went.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 02:46 PM
[Lake Beach-- Minstrone's House]

" I don't know myself. I just hope building a house here isn't illegal. I built it here because I like the lake. Iz beautiful at night."

Minstrone stares at the lake.
"Also I just kinda got here myself, I am here to study up on magic."

Grif
2011-05-02, 02:59 PM
[Lake Beach-- Minstrone's House]

" I don't know myself. I just hope building a house here isn't illegal. I built it here because I like the lake. Iz beautiful at night."

Minstrone stares at the lake.
"Also I just kinda got here myself, I am here to study up on magic."

"I... I see." Silverpine looked at the blue pony for a moment before realising he hadn't introduced himself.

"By the way, name's Silverpine." Silverpine shuffled his hooves. "Actually... I'm also new to town. Was camping out for the night with a friend on the beach over there,"

EDIT: Ghetto edit, misread the pony type.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 03:05 PM
[Lake Beach--Minstrone's House]
Looking at the pony, the Blue Earth Pony Minstrone said:
"By all means, you and your friend are welcome to stay in my guest house. As long as you don't mind possibly being accomplises if this house is illegal to have been built here."

Grif
2011-05-02, 03:18 PM
Looking at the pony, the Blue Earth Pony Minstrone said:
"By all means, you and your friend are welcome to stay in my guest house. As long as you don't mind possibly being accomplises if this house is illegal to have been built here."

"Well, thank you kindly for the offer, mister. Unfortunately I seemed to have... err... misplaced my friend. He has a limp and I think I left him behind when I galloped ahead," Silverpine felt the guilt on his shoulders as he finished the sentence.

"Not sure if I can find him out in the dark now."Silverpine looked out across the lake. I sure hope you're safe buddy.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 03:22 PM
"Well, my momma always used to say: 'When in doubt, set a fire to help you look for your friend'. Luckily, I happen to have some flashlights within my house. I'll go grab them and then we can go looking for you friend, because my momma also used to say: 'help people'. My momma was a real nice pony."

Minstrone goes inside and comes back out a little later, with two large flashlights.

"So where should we look first?"

Grif
2011-05-02, 03:33 PM
"Well, my momma always used to say: 'When in doubt, set a fire to help you look for your friend'. Luckily, I happen to have some flashlights within my house. I'll go grab them and then we can go looking for you friend, because my momma also used to say: 'help people'. My momma was a real nice pony."

Minstrone goes inside and comes back out a little later, with two large flashlights.

"So where should we look first?"

"Thanks a lot. I would hate to lose my new friend to some accident on the day I met him." The earth pony smiled warmly at the strange pony's offer.

Silverpine looked thoughtful as he pondered the possibilities. "Hmm, we could start by the beach. We just went by there anyway. If not, then we'll have to search the woods surrounding the lake. That'll... be more unpleasant." Silverpine shudders at the thought of roaming the dark unfamiliar forest in the middle of night.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 03:35 PM

"I suggest we start looking at the beach. He might have been lulled asleep by the waves."

He begins to move towards the beach, turning his flashlight on and ducktaping it to his head.

Grif
2011-05-02, 03:44 PM

"I suggest we start looking at the beach. He might have been lulled asleep by the waves."

He begins to move towards the beach, turning his flashlight on and ducktaping it to his head.

Silverpine followed suit. Figuring Minstrone's house is as safe as any, he decided to leave his saddlepacks here as well.

"Wait up," Silverpine called as he galloped to catch up with the blue earthpony.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 03:57 PM
[The Beach]

Minstrone and the strange pony he met arrive at the beach, they see the waves rolling, a lullaby for the seacrabs. Minstrone himself cannot find hide nor hair of another pony. All he can see are deep indents that the waves themselves are filling in.

"Oh yeah, never caught your name. Mines Minstone, I am sometimes called the Delicous Trickster, how about you?"

Grif
2011-05-02, 04:04 PM
[The Beach]

Minstrone and the strange pony he met arrive at the beach, they see the waves rolling, a lullaby for the seacrabs. Minstrone himself cannot find hide nor hair of another pony. All he can see are deep indents that the waves themselves are filling in.

"Oh yeah, never caught your name. Mines Minstone, I am sometimes called the Delicous Trickster, how about you?"

"Silverpine, replacement teacher for this town. The pony we're looking for is called Chance Links, a black unicorn. He err... makes lots of chocolate chips when he teleports," Silverpine scans the dark beach, but not having any luck locating his friend.

"Anyway, I don't see any sign of him here. Let's go on further ahead, our camp isn't far from here. He could have wandered back,"

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 04:06 PM
"You lead, I have no Idea where your camp is."
Minstrone lets Silverpine lead the way.
"I hope your friend doesn't make chocolate chips when he teleports like I am thinking. And he is a black unicorn. He could be hiding from us right now with only the night as his cover!"

Grif
2011-05-02, 04:11 PM
Silverpine hadn't considered his friend's black coat. This is going to be doubly difficult finding him. We'll have to literally stumble across him just to find him now! Despite the gloomy thoughts, he redoubled his pace towards his camp on the beach.

Silverpine reached the site of his camp. Nothing seemed to have been disturbed since he left. The marks where he and Chance made were clearly visible. The orange pony double checked every inch of the camp to be sure.

"No luck. He isn't here. Guess we'll have to start looking in the woods."

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 04:17 PM
"Righteo! Now to just move all of my ranks of Craft(Cake Decorating) into Survival....... Oh sorry, old habit of mine. Well, time to follow these old hoofprints. Hopefully we won't find your friend covered in bugs or something"

Minstrone begins to follow the hoofprints, making sure that Silverpine grabbed anything he needed first before he left.

Grif
2011-05-02, 04:31 PM
"Righteo! Now to just move all of my ranks of Craft(Cake Decorating) into Survival....... Oh sorry, old habit of mine. Well, time to follow these old hoofprints. Hopefully we won't find your friend covered in bugs or something"

Minstrone begins to follow the hoofprints, making sure that Silverpine grabbed anything he needed first before he left.

((OOC: D&D in my MLP RP? :smallbiggrin:))

Silverpine took one last wistful look at the camp, and then followed Minstrone's lead. He was surprised that the blue pony was able to follow the old tracks, being disturbed as they are.

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 04:38 PM
[In the Forest]

Minstrone walked with Silverpine into the forest surrounding the lake, carefully following the footprints as best as he could. They eventually arrived somewhat near Minstrone's house while still being in the woods. They could see a unicorn like form ahead, they could also hear snores bellowing from it.

"If that is your friend, pony christ, he is LOUD"

Grif
2011-05-02, 04:42 PM
[In the Forest]

Minstrone walked with Silverpine into the forest surrounding the lake, carefully following the footprints as best as he could. They eventually arrived somewhat near Minstrone's house while still being in the woods. They could see a unicorn like form ahead, they could also hear snores bellowing from it.

"If that is your friend, pony christ, he is LOUD"

"Can't say I noticed. Then again, I was pretty much in deep sleep before your building woke me up," Silverpine replied. He stepped forward to find the black unicorn sleeping soundly in under an oversized fern. Silverpine was relived to find his friend unhurt, though he was also curious as to how he managed to end up here.

"Um, okay, now what shall we do with him?"

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 04:47 PM
"Don't worry, we will just make a stretcher and carry him into the guest house. Don't worry, I can make a stretcher....."

Minstrone concentrates on his earth power, the ground rumbles underneath Chance, and a stretcher pops under him, perfectly clean.

"Yup, modified earth power, I can move earth, and I can also find things lost in the earth. This sigil on my hoof boot somehow lets me do that(He points to the yellow sigil on his boots)"And this one lets me make small fires. It is quite awesome that I found this sigil gear, I wouldn't be able to do much magic without it. These dark ones are why I came to Bridal Shores, I need to talk to one of the ponies here that know about magic."

Minstrone grabs an end of the Stretcher.

"The quicker we get him to the guest house, the faster I will make more soup. All this work has made me hungry. And I make the best soup ever, thats why they call me Minstone the Delicous."

Grif
2011-05-02, 04:51 PM
[Forest/Night]

"Huh, okay. Let me get the other end..." Silverpine grabs the other end of the stretcher.

"I hope you know the way back. Because I'm most definitely lost in this forest. Also, soup sounds just about right now."

((OOC: Gonna deadtime soonish.))

Mindfreak
2011-05-02, 04:58 PM
"Don't Worry, My house is right up there!"

Minstrone and Silverpine lay the Stretcher down inside the guest house.

"You can just relax over there by the fireplace"
A fire lights up.
"I will go make the soup, My world famous MINESTRONE SOUP!"
Minstrone goes into the Guest House kitchen, and he prepares the soup.

Once Silverpine is settled he brings in a steaming bowl
"Careful It is hot"
Chance briefly wakes up it seems to the smell, and seems to just eat his soup then go back to sleep.
"Not one for conversation I see, eh Chance? Anyways, enjoy your stay in House Minstrone, where the fridge seems to always be stocked, the books good, and the house warm. Remember, the rooms are down that hall" He points down the hallway.
"There is a fireplace in the two rooms, they are also connected, and have fresh sheets. Hope you like it!"

Minstrone leaves the guest house and goes into his house, and eats his soup.
He goes to the yellow page section of the phone book. And sees that the pony specializing in magic should be right in town, he decides to visit her tomorrow.
He sits by the fireplace, warming himself next to the fire.
"Ah, is nothing better then a grand fireplace and a book on magic?"
And so Minstrone begins to read a book about different types of Magic Sigils.

Grif
2011-05-02, 05:07 PM
[Minstrone's House (Guest)/Night]

"Hm, the soup is pretty tasty," Silverpine compliments as he settled in. Soon enough, he finishes the bowl and lies down contently.

Well, I guess I might as well catch up on my sleep. Chance here is probably not going to wake up until tomorrow. He curls up near the fireplace and lapses into a deep slumber, worn out by his impromptu night adventure.

((OOC: Alright, deadtime for me for the next... 8 hours. Lectures and allthat.))

Trobby
2011-05-03, 07:03 AM
((Incidentally, if either of you two are looking for Somepony to post, you should poke someone in the OOC thread.))

[Floppy's House]

"Mmmgh..."

Daybreak. And there are two ponies sharing a single bed. An odd pair. One Earth Pony with a fair body and delicate hooves not befitting his masculine form, the other an athletic and talented pegasus flyer, brought to the ground by love.

This idea...amuses the stallion.

"Mmh...morning, Joy..."

Lix Lorn
2011-05-03, 08:45 AM
[Floppy's House]

"Mmmgh..."

Daybreak. And there are two ponies sharing a single bed. An odd pair. One Earth Pony with a fair body and delicate hooves not befitting his masculine form, the other an athletic and talented pegasus flyer, brought to the ground by love.

This idea...amuses the stallion.

"Mmh...morning, Joy..."
"Mmm... morning Foppy..." she murmurs, dazedly.

Trobby
2011-05-03, 11:31 AM
"I'll go make some breakfast. You rest." He smiles, kissing her upon the forehead and sliding out to the kitchen.

It has been a rather nice couple of days for Floppy...well, except...

...That except causes his smile to fade for a moment, bu the fights it back.

No...no she wouldn't want me to dwell on it...

Lix Lorn
2011-05-03, 11:40 AM
"Okay..." she murmurs, smiling happily.

Mindfreak
2011-05-03, 03:28 PM
[Lake Beach--Minstrone's House--Morning]
"Time to stretch my hooves."
He settles down in a chair in his underground library with books about magic in it. He picks up a particular one that was titled 'Magical Sigils and you: Ways to activate Some.' he had read it before, and he couldn't understand it. He decided to stay down and read this book intensively.

((Sorry guys, I got to take some deadtime off today for my girlfriend, don't have any epic adventurers without me!))

Mindfreak
2011-05-03, 06:21 PM
[Minstrone's House]
"I feel a disturbance. As if a one voice was happy and another was happy with it. I should probably check on my guests."
Minstrone walks over to the guest house, he sees that Silverpine and Chance were both still sleeping.
"Well, they do call me the Delicous TRICKSTER...."
A marker is uncapped, and then is recapped. Minstrone leaves the marker next to Chance's hooves.
As Minstrone leaves you can see markings on the wall, mostly bubbles with speech in them saying: "My name is Silverpine, and while I don't snore, my friend Chance does."

"Hehe!"

Sable
2011-05-03, 06:33 PM
Cotton Sable eventually leaves her spot by the lake and heads to her lakeside house where she lights a fire and starts reading. It's times like these that make her wish she was a unicorn since turning pages was such a hassle for her considering she has hooves and no fingers. Still, despite her "handicap", she loved to read more than anything, even though her mane constantly got in the way, making her have to blow it out of her face.

Mindfreak
2011-05-03, 06:48 PM
[Lake-- Near Sable's House]
"Well, Guess I will go for a swim....HOLY CRAP ANOTHER PONY BUILT A HOUSE HERE!"
Minstrone runs over to the house and knocks on the door
"Hello? Anyone home?"

Sable
2011-05-03, 07:44 PM
Cotton jumps at the sudden knocking on her door. Slowly and cautiously, she gets up and walks over to the door, opening it only to see that it's another pony. She let out a relieved sigh, figuring it might have been some kind of monster.

Um... can I help you?

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 09:38 AM
"Hi! My name is Minstrone! I'm new around here so I don't know your name, I just recently moved away from home and came here."

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 10:20 AM
Maraicne Trickster de Florugo arrived at the lake, unsure of where he was he looked around, and spotted his nephew. He walked up to him, he was apperently talking to a filly, Maraicne slinked away and went into Minstrone's house, and fixed himself a sandwich, making enough noise for him to be heard by the Silverpine and Chance who were staying in the guest house.

Crisis21
2011-05-04, 11:47 AM
[In the Morning after Grills Party: Windstriker's Meeting Place]

Eric and Roy were among the first to arrive at the spot that Wind had told them to meet at for the expedition. Both were in full adventuring regalia, ready for anything from a quiet expedition to all hell breaking loose.

"I'm still amazed that you could do all that on stage last night," Roy said,

"What can I say?" Eric returned. "I'm just that good."

"........You only studied magic so you could do that one-pony band trick, didn't you?" Roy deadpanned.

"Hey!" Eric said, faking offense, "I can do alot more than just that with my magic!"

".........."

"Okay, yeah, I learned it mostly so I could do cool music tricks like that."

Roy just smirked at his little brother.

Grif
2011-05-04, 01:56 PM
[Minstrone's House/Morning]

Silverpine awoke with a start, the Celestia's sun shining into his face. Yawning loudly, grateful for a good night sleep for a change, he turned around to see Chance still sleeping.

My, he must be worn out by... whatever he did yesterday. he thought, smiling lazily.

A noise from the kitchen startled him. Hm, that must be Minstrone. Better go and help out or something. After all, he let us stay overnight. Getting up and stretching his legs, he finally noticed the markings on the walls.

"What in the... Minstrone!" he blurted, as he read the scrawled words. Fully awake, he trotted into the kitchen, hoping to have a word with his new host about the prank. He stopped when he saw another blue pony in the kitchen, fixing himself a sandwich.

"Uh... you're not Minstrone right?" he asked Maraicne Trickster de Florugo.

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 03:51 PM
"Yes, I am the the Minstrone of the Future, come back to warn him about a dangorous event. Nah, I am actually his uncle."

Grif
2011-05-04, 04:07 PM
"Yes, I am the the Minstrone of the Future, come back to warn him about a dangorous event. Nah, I am actually his uncle."

"Uncle huh...?" Silverpine looked confused a moment. I wonder if all his relatives have the same blue coat.

"By the way, name's Silverpine. Pleased to meet ya," He offered a hoof.

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:13 PM
"Any friend of Minstrone's is a friend of mine." Maraicne shakes Silverpine's hoof.
"So, have you seen my Nephew wearing clothing with magic sigils on it. Two of them should have lit up by now considering what he does. My Full name is Maraicne Trickster de Florugo, and to answer your question every male pony in the Trickster Family has a blue coat. The females have silver coats. And to answer your next question of how did I know what you were thinking, it was a mind reading spell. To see if you knew Minstrone in any way."

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:18 PM
[Cotton's House]
"Ah, I am sorry, I wish I could stay to chat, but I must run."
Minstrone begins to run back to town.

Grif
2011-05-04, 04:20 PM
"Any friend of Minstrone's is a friend of mine." Maraicne shakes Silverpine's hoof.
"So, have you seen my Nephew wearing clothing with magic sigils on it. Two of them should have lit up by now considering what he does. My Full name is Maraicne Trickster de Florugo, and to answer your question every male pony in the Trickster Family has a blue coat. The females have silver coats. And to answer your next question of how did I know what you were thinking, it was a mind reading spell. To see if you knew Minstrone in any way."

Silverpine recoiled when he heard that his mind was being read. "Abit rude to read minds without permission, no?" he said pointedly. By Celestia's sun, now I have to watch what I am thinking around him.

"Anyway, I do recall him having weird symbols or sigils or whatever you call em on his clothing." Silverpine thought for a moment. "Hm... yes, I think two of those were lighting up. I assume this is important?"

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:25 PM
"Why you are a perceptive one. It is quite important young colt. You see, that clothing could be dangorous if you do not know what you are doing. I have come to teach Minstrone how to use it. Atleast I have peace of mind knowing that I have atleast told him enough that he won't accidently be setting things on fire or shaking the earth. And that Mind reading spell was only a temporary spell. I don't use it often, not really my area of expertise."

The din of them talking probably can be heard all the way to Cotton Sable's house.

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:29 PM
[Cotton Sable's House]
"Now back to talking to that filly I saw."
He knocks on Cotton's door again.
"Hello! It's Minstrone again, sorry about leaving so fast last time!"

Grif
2011-05-04, 04:31 PM

"Right... I suppose so," Silverpine suppressed a shudder as he imagined Minstrone burning the whole town down with a misplaced fireball. "Don't think I can help with any of this though. Way out of my league, this magic stuff,"

"Anyways, I better be going. I'm supposed to meet the mayor to discuss about the school here in Bridle Shores. I'll find some way to thank Minstrone later for his kindness,"

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:34 PM
"Listen young colt, I know Minstrone like I know my cutie mark. If he said you could stay here, that means you can stay here as long as you want/need. He has a tendancy to look out for others and likes making friends. You might as well leave your items here, no sense in lugging them around while your friend is staying here still. I know there is another pony here because I could hear him snoring from a mile away."
He nods respectively towards Silverpine.
"Do you mind if I come with you to see this mayor? I think he should be aware that there is a new pony in town. Especially one that is a Unicorn."

Grif
2011-05-04, 04:41 PM
"I suppose so. I just feel bad about enjoying someone's hospitality without some kind of repayment. My Ponyton upbringing I suppose," Silverpine looked slightly abashed.

"Let's go meet the mayor then. Having a companion for the trip into town would be nice," The orange colt went off to gather his saddlepacks.

((OOC: Silverpine has some pretty important stuff in that bags of his to leave lying around.))

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:44 PM
"Alright, thank you for letting me come with you."
Maraicne waits for Silverpine to gather his saddlebags.
"Now let's go! To the mayor! Wherever He or She is!"

Grif
2011-05-04, 04:49 PM
[Lake Beach/Morning]

"Well, off we go," Silverpine trotted steadily towards the direction of Bridle Shores, with Minstrone's uncle beside.

"So, what did you do before you came here?" Silverpine asked casually.

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 04:55 PM
[Lake Beach]
"Well, truth be told, a couple weeks ago I was in pony prison for 2 seconds for acciddently taking two pennies from the take a penny leave a penny. They removed prisons from the old place I lived in because they had ridiculous laws like that. Before I had gone to prison, I told Minstrone to make sure to keep the clothing he is wearing safe for me. And he did just that, while also moving to here in Bridal Shores. But before I went to prison I was the Town Bard, I played notes so sweet the trees would bend down and weep. Before that I was an apprentice under the Unicorn Majorn Majornstien, I learned much about magic from him. Then before that I delivered newspapers when I was a young colt. Now I guess I would call myself a wandering Unicorn Wizard I guess. What did you use to do?"
Maraicne continued walking beside Silverpine.

Grif
2011-05-04, 05:07 PM
"Not as colourful as yours, I assure you," Silverpine replied.

"Let's see. I studied in the Stalliongrad Institute of Teaching. Then became a teacher in Stalliongrad. Too bad I was assigned to one of the worst school in the city. The young colts and fillies there, I swear they find new inventive ways to drive you up the walls. They hardly ever listen to what you have to teach. They pull the most dastardly pranks on each other and on by-standers. And teachers."

Silverpine's face darkened at the memory.

"There's this one time, the students thought to was funny to spike my drink with some drug they found in the gutter. Turns out, it was Faust's Happy Zonk-Out elixir. I was told I threatened the school master with cupcakes and demanded that we rename the school Cookie High in honour of the Cookiethulu. After that incident, I decided to transfer out while I still have my sanity intact."

"And here I am."

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 05:10 PM
Maraicne stiffled back a laugh at the thought of Silverpine threatening a Principle with cupcakes.
"I wonder if the Mayor is busy right now, I heard time in this place flows wierdly."

((ooc: I might deadtime soon too, to work on templates in inkscape.))

Grif
2011-05-04, 05:16 PM
"I don't know about that. Haven't heard anything remarkable about this town," Silverpine replied. Which is why I choose it in the first place, he added silently.

((OOC: Alright, deadtime. We can imagine the time passed as the time they're walking to the town.))

Mindfreak
2011-05-04, 06:46 PM
[Cotton Sable's House]
Upon hearing no answer Minstrone leaves and decides to go back to town for a few before he gets tired.
I bet I could get Soft to make me a sugary drink

RdMarquis
2011-05-04, 09:24 PM

Eric and Roy were among the first to arrive at the spot that Wind had told them to meet at for the expedition. Both were in full adventuring regalia, ready for anything from a quiet expedition to all hell breaking loose.

"........You only studied magic so you could do that one-pony band trick, didn't you?" Roy deadpanned.

"Hey!" Eric said, faking offense, "I can do alot more than just that with my magic!"

".........."

From inside Wind Dancer's house, there came a loud clattering. "Ow!"

The cry of pain was followed by a lot of muttering about misplaced items. "Now where did I put that ten foot pole..." Wind Dancer's one sided conversation continued for about ten minutes before the unicorn emerged, looking disheveled, but well rested. "Good to see you. Sorry for being late late, but I needed to get in some last minute packing. I planned to be done last night, but I got held up." In a manner of speaking.

As far as Wind could tell, he had fallen asleep, and been plunged into one of the strangest dreams of his life. He was in a maze, following somepony. Or perhaps a more accurate word would be "somebody". As much as the one he was following looked like another pony, it was leaving paw prints on the ground.

Once Wind cornered the strange creature, it appeared his suspicions were correct. He was chasing a pony with the legs of some beast, perhaps a big cat. It mimicked his movements exactly as Wind approached. When they were almost face to face, the creature handed the unicorn a book. Wind Dancer offered a hoof in greeting, but to his shock, he realized he was standing in front of a mirror. Then Wind awoke.

Thanqol
2011-05-04, 09:28 PM

".........."

Charger walked confidently towards the meeting spot. She was wearing her dark blue cape, a crackler on each hoof, and wires all throughout her body, mane and tail. She was also lugging a large box that was half her own size on her back. It was making an ominous whirring sound.

"Good morning, citi - comrades," Charger said, having researched the proper term for adventuring allies last night. Reflex died hard despite this though.

Crisis21
2011-05-04, 09:52 PM
From inside Wind Dancer's house, there came a loud clattering. "Ow!"

The cry of pain was followed by a lot of muttering about misplaced items. "Now where did I put that ten foot pole..." Wind Dancer's one sided conversation continued for about ten minutes before the unicorn emerged, looking disheveled, but well rested. "Good to see you. Sorry for being late late, but I needed to get in some last minute packing. I planned to be done last night, but I got held up." In a manner of speaking.

As far as Wind could tell, he had fallen asleep, and been plunged into one of the strangest dreams of his life. He was in a maze, following somepony. Or perhaps a more accurate word would be "somebody". As much as the one he was following looked like another pony, it was leaving paw prints on the ground.

Once Wind cornered the strange creature, it appeared his suspicions were correct. He was chasing a pony with the legs of some beast, perhaps a big cat. It mimicked his movements exactly as Wind approached. When they were almost face to face, the creature handed the unicorn a book. Wind Dancer offered a hoof in greeting, but to his shock, he realized he was standing in front of a mirror. Then Wind awoke.

Charger walked confidently towards the meeting spot. She was wearing her dark blue cape, a crackler on each hoof, and wires all throughout her body, mane and tail. She was also lugging a large box that was half her own size on her back. It was making an ominous whirring sound.

"Good morning, citi - comrades," Charger said, having researched the proper term for adventuring allies last night. Reflex died hard despite this though.

"Morning," Roy said to both of them, "we haven't been waiting long, and there's never anything wrong with a little extra packing when you have the time. Who else is coming with us?"

Eric had smiled a bit at Charger's minor slip, but was otherwise deferring to his older brother.

RdMarquis
2011-05-04, 09:55 PM
Wind Dancer was still making some last minute preparations. He looked up briefly to greet the filly. "Good morning, Charger." The unicorn slung his saddlebags onto his back and pulled on a hooded black cloak. Then he did a double take. "What is that thing?"

Hawkflight
2011-05-04, 10:47 PM
Dawn Blossom was walking down the street, looking around. She was still trying to find her sister, and she wasn't having much luck. She was also looking for clues to the third harmony, but no luck there either. Eventually, she came across a small group, including Wind Dancer and her friend Charger.

"Hi guys," she said, curious as to what they were up to. Then she remembered what Wind had said about an expedition underground. "Is it time for the expedition to those underground ruins?" she asked.

Thanqol
2011-05-04, 11:37 PM
Wind Dancer was still making some last minute preparations. He looked up briefly to greet the filly. "Good morning, Charger." The unicorn slung his saddlebags onto his back and pulled on a hooded black cloak. Then he did a double take. "What is that thing?"

"Tools," Charger said with a grin. "Good morning, Dawn!" She added brightly.

Hawkflight
2011-05-04, 11:50 PM
"Morning!" said Dawn to Charger. "So, are we going into those ruins?"

RdMarquis
2011-05-05, 12:05 AM
"Yes." Wind Dancer smiled. "Do you have everything you need?"

Hawkflight
2011-05-05, 12:14 AM
Dawn Blossom shook her head. "I didn't know exactly when we were going, so I don't have my stuff. I'll be right back." She zipped offscreen, and returned quickly with the supplies she needed. "This should be fun, this'll only be my second time to an underground ruin."

RdMarquis
2011-05-05, 12:45 AM
"You don't say. Where did you go the first time?" Wind adjusted the saddlebags so that they rode more comfortably on his back.

Hawkflight
2011-05-05, 01:02 AM
"Um ... I forget," admitted Dawn. "It was years ago and we were in-between cities."

Lix Lorn
2011-05-05, 06:54 AM
"Sorry I'm laaaate!" calls Scarlet Flair, swooping in dramatically on some form of pony hang-glider, which folds up as she lands gracefully.

Obviously, not a hair is out of place.

...wait, she's a filly again? Rotten offscreen plot ending.

RdMarquis
2011-05-05, 10:46 AM
"Nice entrance." Wind Dancer waved a hoof in greeting.

"And speaking of dramatic entrances..." Now that everypony was here, however, the unicorn found himself with dilemma. "I have to admit, it's been a while since the last time I did something like this. Shall we just march off to the old sewer grate I found, or does somepony have a suitable way to begin this adventure?"

Crisis21
2011-05-05, 11:55 AM
"Considering we already met in a bar, I think we're good to go," Eric says, grinning. "Unless anypony feels this group needs a name of course."

"I vote for no name," Roy says with a mildly harassed look on his face.

Mindfreak
2011-05-05, 02:05 PM
[Forest]

"So Silverpine, how much longer do you think we will need to walk?"

Grif
2011-05-05, 02:07 PM
[Forest]

"So Silverpine, how much longer do you think we will need to walk?"

"Huh? Wha?" Silverpine train of thought was derailed by the question.

"Shouldn't be too far ahead," he said after a moment.

(OOC: The next post can be in the bar thread.)

RdMarquis
2011-05-05, 02:20 PM
[Beneath Bridle Shores]

"Fair enough. Let's be off, then." With little fanfare, Wind Dancer led them to a sewer grate on one of the main streets. "If my map is correct, the entrance should be right under here." He levitated the cover off to reveal a spiral staircase carved from stone stretching into the darkness of the underground. Lighting his horn, he proceeded down its steps. When Wind reached the bottom, he took a look at his surroundings. A wide stone tunnel stretched in two directions. The surface was cracked, and parts of it were covered in spiderwebs. It had apparently not been in use for some time.

"It's safe to come down!" he called to the others. Not that he expected to find anything here, unless those rumors about hordes of gigantic, toothless alligators were true.

Crisis21
2011-05-05, 04:18 PM
"Wow, this place is old..." Eric said as he came down, his own horn glowing. "Hope we don't run into any hostile statues down here."

"I'd rather not run into anything hostile myself," Roy added.

RdMarquis
2011-05-05, 07:42 PM
The way to the ruins was clear. One end of the tunnel just led to a wall and a ladder to the surface. Their path was uneventful and silent, save for a dripping from the ceiling and walls. Progress was marked by a gradual change in the architecture of the tunnel. It began to look like a place in which ponies would live instead of a sewer.

The walls were made of grey stone instead of brick. They were orderly and straight instead of rounded and winding. Stone had also gone into the making of the floor, which was now tiled. As they walked on, they could see that the path ahead was split into two rooms and another dead end. An arch, with a rune carved into it, hung over the doorway of each room.

Wind Dancer looked in both directions. "Does anyone have a preference, or shall I flip a coin?" Inwardly, he was feeling a little on edge. Did this place seem familiar or was it just him.

Hawkflight
2011-05-05, 08:46 PM
Dawn Blossom followed the others, looking around in a mixture of wonder and curiosity. "But why?" she asked. "Why are these ruins here? Why do they lead to the sewers? Why does nopony live here now ... wait, they are abandoned, right?"

When the reached the split, Dawn remembered something she'd read in a book once. "The left path," she said immediately. She reached into her bag and pulled out a piece of chalk, marking the direction they'd come from. "So we don't get lost."

Thanqol
2011-05-05, 09:24 PM
"The Searchlight Society!" Charger said aloud, belatedly coming up with a group name. She blinked, and realised that they'd already reached the dungeon by the time she'd come up with it. "Oh. Right."

RdMarquis
2011-05-05, 09:29 PM
"Nopony lives here as far as I know. But, then, I only heard of this place a few days ago. Perhaps the Maestro built it to house his secrets." Wind follows Dawn Blossom's lead.

At the end of the left path is a small room with a simple wooden door and a small table. On the table is a piece of paper and a quill.

Crisis21
2011-05-05, 10:04 PM
Roy groans audibly at Charger's name suggestion, prompting Eric to begin laughing all the way to the new room before he can regain control of himself.

Interestingly, Eric seems to have been laughing at his older brother, and not Charger.

Upon reaching the room, Roy promptly walks up the the table and scans the paper there to see if anything is written on it.

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 03:42 AM
The piece of paper is blank. However, as Roy approached the table the quill floated into the air like a unicorn had taken a hold of it. It hovers over the piece of paper, apparently ready to write something.

Meanwhile, Wind attempted to open the door with a hoof, only to find that it wouldn't budge. Even worse, the unicorn did not seem able to remove his hoof from the handle. "Uh...little help? Please?"

Back with Roy, the quill sprang to life. In an elegant script, it wrote down some instructions. Free him from the door, and you may continue through.

Thanqol
2011-05-06, 03:57 AM
Charger gave a "Hmph!" pout upon her suggestion being shut down, but was distracted by Wind's hoof getting stuck.

She looked at the writing on the page, at the quill, and then said, "Can you understand us, pen? If so, can you please let him go?"

Lix Lorn
2011-05-06, 04:17 AM
"Wouldn't it be easier to just help him out?" asks Scarlet, her horn glowing as she tries to free him telekinetically.

Thanqol
2011-05-06, 04:35 AM
"Wouldn't it be easier to just help him out?" asks Scarlet, her horn glowing as she tries to free him telekinetically.

"If the door's made out of sticky goo, then pulling him out stands a chance of getting everypony trapped," Charger said.

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 04:36 AM
Scarlet managed to pull Wind Dancer back toward her, but he remained tethered to the door by a single hoof. The door creaked in protest, but didn't budge. "Can't you just ask for a password like all the other magic doors?" Wind scowled at his captor. He removed a crowbar from his saddlebag and began prying at the handle, to no avail.

Despite its lack of a face or any other body part, the quill managed to express its surprise quite clearly. W-what did you say? The letters were less elegant this time, and the pen moved shakily.

Thanqol
2011-05-06, 04:39 AM
Scarlet managed to pull Wind Dancer back toward her, but he remained tethered to the door by a single hoof. The door creaked in protest, but didn't budge. "Can't you just ask for a password like all the other magic doors?" Wind scowled at his captor. He removed a crowbar from his saddlebag and began prying at the handle, to no avail.

Despite its lack of a face or any other body part, the quill managed to express its surprise quite clearly. W-what did you say? The letters were less elegant this time, and the pen moved shakily.

"I asked you if you could please help Mr. Wind out of the door, sir," Charger said to the quill. She'd once read a story about a magical pen named the Scribus and knew that they needed to be treated with politeness.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-06, 04:40 AM
"...IS the door made of sticky goo?" she asks, walking over to it.

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 04:57 AM
"I don't think so," Wind said, examining his trapped hoof. "Something is keeping me from moving my hoof away, but I can't see it." He began to weigh the pros and cons of using a saw to extract himself. I wonder how difficult it would be to get around with a hunk of metal and wood for a left hoof...

Well, well. I was beginning to think there were no courteous ponies left in the world. The quill calms down, in a manner of speaking, returning to writing in beautiful letters. It gives Charger the feeling that it would be smiling if writing utensils had mouths. And of course, one good turn deserves another. So, I will tell you that the answer is within your grasp. In a manner of speaking, you've already hit upon it.

Thanqol
2011-05-06, 06:49 AM
"Ah. Are you saying I should put the paper in the door? Or that I should ask the door itself?" Charger said to the floating quill. "I was thinking of knocking, though that seems risky. Or maybe there's a doorbell..."

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 07:06 AM
The quill is less forthcoming this time. Now, what fun would it be if I just gave you the answer, especially when you figured it out not one minute ago?

Thanqol
2011-05-06, 07:20 AM
"Well, if you say so, but I don't think it's very polite or fun to keep Mr. Wind trapped there while I figure out your riddle," Charger said, mildly reprochfully, but turned to the door and said, "Excuse me, Mr. Door, would you mind letting Mr. Wind go so we can go through?"

She didn't feel silly talking to inanimate objects given that at least one was talking back

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 08:22 AM
The door complied, swinging open and sending Wind Dancer skidding across the floor. He got up unsteadily, brushing himself off. "Thank you, I suppose."

Behind the door stood another small table with a similar piece of paper and a key on it. Or, to be more accurate, there was half a key. It appeared somepony had managed to slice a key in two vertically. A reminder was written on the new piece of paper. Force is not the only way to reach one's goal. Sometimes, a kind word can get you further than a hard hoof. Then again, if you're reading this, you probably already know that.

Thanqol
2011-05-06, 08:29 AM
The door complied, swinging open and sending Wind Dancer skidding across the floor. He got up unsteadily, brushing himself off. "Thank you, I suppose."

Behind the door stood another small table with a similar piece of paper and a key on it. Or, to be more accurate, there was half a key. It appeared somepony had managed to slice a key in two vertically. A reminder was written on the new piece of paper. Force is not the only way to reach one's goal. Sometimes, a kind word can get you further than a hard hoof. Then again, if you're reading this, you probably already know that.

Charger preened. This questing thing was right up her alley. She reflexively checked her hindquaters in case she'd gotten her Cutie Mark, just as she did after every time she successfully did something. "Do you want to come with us, Pen? And may I ask your name?"

Benson
2011-05-06, 10:28 AM
General Location (Fox Trot's Home)

Fox Trot Current Morning

The sleepy little dancer awoke feeling a little achy as they lazily dragged their hooves to the bath. They didn't even notice that the pajamas weren't such a loose fit anymore. As Fox Trot's eyes were closed from the sleepiness they still had yet to notice the change and not being all quite here helped some too in the obliviousness. It was only after setting themselves into the bath tub with a bottle of potpourri, the very same that was purchased at the Green House, it was very lovely actually. Anyhoof it was then when the pony began to scrub themselves that for a brief second they opened an eye.

"Wha? I...huzzah...I am me again!" Such joyous occasion, the elation in the colt's red russet eyes. By George...he's got it! Insert reference here! Well that made the colt's morning.

Crisis21
2011-05-06, 10:44 AM

"A dungeon with a sense of humor," Eric said, before grinning, "I think I'm going to like this place."

Hawkflight
2011-05-06, 11:48 AM
Dawn Blossom watched the proceedings with curiosity. She hadn't been expecting sentient, animated objects. She had been about to try courtesy, but Charger beat her too it. She gave a polite bob to the quill and door. "Thank you very much," she said. Then, remembering something else, she asked the quill, "By the way ... what was down the other path? Had we chosen to go straight as opposed to left?"

Benson
2011-05-06, 03:10 PM
General Location-The Chaser Home

Spark Chaser

Yesterday young Spark Chaser had a fun time at the lake with his momma and even that darn Cloud, who was trying to slip his secrets...sorta. Cloud confused him sometimes...like she was hiding something...like she wasn't a dumb four year old. Whatever. He had gone swimming in the pretty crystal clear water and found a really cool shiny coin at the bottom. It had all kind of neat markings, but he didn't tell mama or Cloud and he didn't know why he just didn't tell them. But whatever, it'll be fine. The young colt went through his morning exercises 'cause he had to make sure to stay in tip top shape, build his leg muscles, cardio at what not. What made this morning better was that he wasn't a silly filly anymore but his colt self again...so it was all good.

He knew he had an agenda today, go work at Tinker's farm, find ponies who'll want him to run errands for, get a gift for his crush, and...maybe actively seek Smoothie...and um...apologize or something.

Mindfreak
2011-05-06, 03:41 PM
[Minstrone's House]
Today, Minstrone woke up.

And decided it was time for an adventure.

He walked out of his house, and saw the lake, oh how it shined! He did what his Uncle would consider customery, and tossed a coin into the lake. The coin it self was made of Obsidian, and imprinted with the twin heads of truth.

And then, Minstrone walked.

He walked and he walked. Letting his feet decide where to go. And he eventually ended up in a clearing. He saw a path that was on the other side of the clearing. Worn into the dirt by use, but seemed to have not been used in maybe hundreds of years. He saw a ruined wall next to a large patch of flowers nearby, and when he looked at it, saw something shining in it. He walked over, and saw that it was a mirror, with vines growing over. He quickly took away the vines. He looked into the mirror. In it he saw himself, a powerful wizard, ruling over all of the world peacefully, making there be only happiness. He saw that he was rich, that he was popular. He sighed, knowing that none of these were true. He wrote next to the Mirror:

"Here lay the Mirror of Dreams, for if you look deep into it, you see what you truly desire for."

Minstrone looked around for other relics, By an apple tree he found a small deer carving, with silver on its horns. It glittered so finely in the light, that he put it in his satchel to bring back home. He looked harder, and found underneath the patch of flowers, Blueprints for a castle, and the spot where it would lay. And he walked onto the path he saw ahead to the castle.

Part 2:
Minstrone arrived at the ruins of what appeared to be a large castle. According to the blueprints, it was called: "Pony La Mer". He went into the castle and admired the remains of a painting of what appeared to be a beautiful young pony with a Silver coat and a Silver mane.
"Wow, what a beauty"
"I was more beautiful in when I was solid you know"
Minstrone spinned around, and was face to face with the same filly that was in the painting. Except for one major difference.
She. Was. a. Ghost.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please don't leave, I haven't seen another pony for centuries." Said Dreamrunner, seeing the look of fear in his eyes. The look subsided, and he became calm again.
"Who are you?"
"My name is Dreamrunner, and I used to be a pegasus pony. Until an accident in my Uncle's lab here turned me into a ghost."
"Do you know what caused it?"
"No, and I cannot look, for something won't let me get into the lab. Would you be able to check inside for me to see if there are any clues?"
__________________________________________________ _______________
Minstrone bolted, and ran from the castle, the entire way he could hear the ghost pony asking for him to come back. He would be back. Later, with friends.

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 06:11 PM
Dawn Blossom watched the proceedings with curiosity. She hadn't been expecting sentient, animated objects. She had been about to try courtesy, but Charger beat her too it. She gave a polite bob to the quill and door. "Thank you very much," she said. Then, remembering something else, she asked the quill, "By the way ... what was down the other path? Had we chosen to go straight as opposed to left?"

Lacking paper, the pen resorted to writing on the walls. Search me. I was created with the sole purpose of guarding the other path. If you want to find out, you'll have to see for yourself. As for my name...I don't have one.

Benson
2011-05-06, 11:51 PM
Spark Chaser Now in Town somewhere

WELL...later that morning his "work" hours were up and done with but his mama's weren't. So the colt proceeded to take himself and his little sister to town where they'll hang out and do stuff I guess until mama came by, she promised lunch at that new restaurant run by that one pony, Grills or something.

Spark Chaser wondered if there were any ponies who wanted some good old fashion...errand running...but he wasn't sure if he should just announce it aloud as that was kinda silly.

"Hey....anypone' wants some errands did?" Cloud said aloud very loudly in the middle of town by the fountain. Spark made a grimaced expression looking embarrassed at the same time.

Crisis21
2011-05-06, 11:53 PM
Lacking paper, the pen resorted to writing on the walls. Search me. I was created with the sole purpose of guarding the other path. If you want to find out, you'll have to see for yourself. As for my name...I don't have one.

"Well, Mr. Quill," Roy said, referring to the pen by its form due to lack of a name, "is there anything about this place that you could tell us? We would greatly appreciate any information you could provide."

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 12:12 AM
"'Mr. Quill'," mused Dawn Blossom, trying to think of a good name. "I mean ... it's a good name, but it sounds kind of ... odd, doesn't it? It would be like calling you 'Mr. Pony'." She quietly mused to herself, trying to think of a better name. "Quillopolis? Dr. Quillington? Arthur Pendragon....?"

RdMarquis
2011-05-07, 01:00 AM
I like Quillopolis. Arthur Pendragon seems a bit...grandiose for my tastes. For a being without ears, the newly named Quillopolis appeared to have excellent hearing. Now, I wasn't told much about my home, but I can say that many obstacles lie before you. The pony you know as the Maestro built this place to keep his secrets from anyone without the skill to retrieve them.

"Like a test of speed?" Wind Dancer pointed at the doorway to the other room. It had suddenly sprung to life and grown a door similar to the one which had held the unicorn temporarily captive. The door was opening and closing quickly, as if daring somepony to venture through. Wind stared at this new development. It seemed familiar to him, somehow.

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 01:08 AM
"I see...." Dawn seemed to think for a moment, then turned back briefly. "Be right back!" she said, stepping into the previous room. She picked up any blank paper or parchment she could find, and returned to the others. "There we go, Dr. Quillopolis, paper! That way you won't have to write all over the walls."

RdMarquis
2011-05-07, 01:45 AM
Many thanks. Dr. Quillopolis wrote. Though, I'm afraid I haven't much to say at the moment. You'll have to rise to this new challenge without my guidance.

Wind Dancer continued thinking about the moving door. Well, he certainly wasn't going to touch it, let alone try stopping it with his hooves. He didn't want to wind up on the wrong end of another magical door. Of course, the good thing about being a unicorn was that you didn't have to touch things to move them.

Wind's natural telekinesis was not strong enough to do much more than slow the door down a little, so he tried another tack. Taking a deep breath, he whistled a single high, sustained note, his horn glowing in response. It appeared to work. The door slowed even more, finally freezing in place.

The unicorn's face began taking on a blue tinge as he motioned for the others to go through.

(Deadtime. See you tomorrow.)

Benson
2011-05-07, 11:11 AM
Spark Chaser Middle of Town by the Town Fountain

"Gosh...Cloud...you're such a pain sometimes," The young colt exasperatedly said lapping up a drink of water from the town fountain fixture. "Sometimes I think you're out to embarrass me..." He called the breakfast scene from yesterday. Cloud only smiled in a dopey way nuzzling against her "grieving" brother. "NO PDFA!" He quickly exclaimed. Yep...in her own way he just knew that Cloud was trying to embarrass him. No, Spark, I believe you do that more well on your own.

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 11:18 AM
Thunderbolt trotted through town, looking about. He'd left his scooter at the bar, he was pretty sure nopony would steal it. Ponies are good like that, in general. He was carefully looking around, seeing if there was anypony worth challenging, but he couldn't find anypony who looked up to the task.

Benson
2011-05-07, 11:38 AM
Spark Chaser

Ten Minutes later

"Alright...I have the message all in my head...I'll get her that message lickety split Mr. Buttermilk." The colt gave a slight nod of determination. After going about for nine minutes asking individual ponies if they wanted help with anything...Cloud stepped in working her calculated moe. So now he was to a deliver a message to a pony way across town.

"Okay...Cloud...stay by the fountain and don't go wandering off...I'll be back before you know it," He gave her an assuring wink not that Cloud needed it. Spark put his Wonderbolt goggles over his eyes as he recalled the exact location and repeated the message in his head. He turned to a canter then a full blown gallop as he was gone only a blur to the eye that was not paying heed.

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 11:50 AM
Thunderbolt was about to give up on finding an opponent, when he found his attention being brought to a young pair of pegasi. He was about to turn away when the older brother (he presumed) dashed off at a fairly impressive speed. Thunderbolt narrowed his eyes. Perhaps ... yes, he thought. He broke into a full gallop, drawing level with the other pegasus.

Grif
2011-05-07, 11:59 AM
[Mayor's House/Morning]

Silverpine trotted up to the distinctive house, eager to finish his business with the mayor and get on with the rest of the day.

He rapped smartly on the door. "Hello? Anypony there?"

Benson
2011-05-07, 12:01 PM
Spark Chaser [General Location-Town]

The young colt kept his eyes forward keeping them straight ahead. The wind lapping against his firebrick fur, his burnt orange mane and tail blowing behind him. Behind the goggles were a pair of gold green eyes with grim determination...upon chancing on seeing some colt foal at run level with him. Spark raised a brow as he picked up his speed putting a decent distance between...this challenger.

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 12:08 PM
A small smirk formed on Thunderbolt's face. Perhaps this colt was a worthy challenger after all. He picked up his pace, using his wings to give him just a little push forward.

Benson
2011-05-07, 01:11 PM
Spark Chaser

The colt recalled that as a trick that Mister Tinker had showed him two days ago thus put that to use as well propelling him ahead again. This was a bit exciting going head to tail against this unknown colt foal. Unfortunately the fun was coming to an end as Spark's destination was coming around the bend considering the speeds the colt was going at. Duties came first before leaving colts in his dust. He started to slow down and ease into a stop because his target was out in her front yard watering some flowers and he didn't want to startle her with a sudden screeching halt inches away from her. Because to Spark that was just plain crass behavior to put on a mare.

Grif
2011-05-07, 01:19 PM
[Mayor's House/Morning]

Silverpine waited patiently for half an hour. Evidently no one was home, so he began trotting back to the general direction of the town, not willing to waste his time waiting for the absent mayor.

Mindfreak
2011-05-07, 01:24 PM
"So, what do you wanna do now Silverpine?"

Grif
2011-05-07, 02:14 PM
"I guess we might as well head back to town, maybe we can find your nephew there,"

Mindfreak
2011-05-07, 02:25 PM
"Good idea!"
He follows Silverpine back into town.

Hawkflight
2011-05-07, 04:17 PM
As the other pony slowed down, Thunderbolt blew right past him, turning the corner out of sight. Then he leaped up onto the roof of a nearby building and watched from there.

Benson
2011-05-07, 04:40 PM
Spark Chaser

Hmmph Was went through the mind of the fire brick red colt as that colt foal just dashed past him. But soon he cleared his mind as to recall the message.

"Hello ma'am," He approached the pink furred mare with blonde hair who looked mildly surprised. "I have message for you from a Mr. Buttermilk." He cleared his throat as he repeated the message from memory. The message was mostly about how this Mr Buttersmilk would be late for their little date by an hour because of work, and that she not worry that he did not show up at the original time.

"Oh..my, well thank you young sir," The mare said pleasantly if not mildly disappointed that the date would be later.

"No problem ma'am," He bowed his head with a courteous smile. "I hope that your date still goes well even with this minor delay." With that he turned and left the mare's yard.

Mindfreak
2011-05-07, 07:40 PM
[Castle Pony la Mer]
Inside the castle, on her bed(Which luckily was also Intangible) Dreamrunner prepared to fall asleep. She knew that she just might get more visitors.
And then she fell asleep.

Benson
2011-05-08, 12:17 AM
Spark Chaser

The colt looked around seeing if that colt was anywhere near by, Spark was moderately curious. However he did not see the other colt so he shrugged, adjusted his Wonderbolt goggles and dashed back to town to go get his sister.

Hawkflight
2011-05-08, 01:40 AM
Thunderbolt watched from the rooftop as Spark Chaser dashed down the road, back to find his sister. So ... perhaps he had found a worthy opponent after all....

He turned and headed back towards the bar.

Orzel
2011-05-08, 06:28 AM
The Legs Shop/house

You need hammer? I have hammer. Good price. You know how much this bishbagabo guy over there charge you. 5 bits. And what you get? Piece a garbage! said an old orange stallion to the pony on the other side of the counter. In old country we no have hammer. We use rock. And we not have rock farm. We have only one rock. Whole village have share rock.

The green pony scratched his head. So, how much do you charge for a hammer." Green Pepper said in his monotonous voice.

The orange pony slammed a long wooden pole hard onto the counter. His voice roared in his stange accent You use pole o' bartering! I, Orange Legs, use hoof o' shopkeeper. We kabang. Undertand you head?

"Wait.. what? I am confused. What I supposed to do with-?" the robotic pony replied

Before the customer counter, the orange pony cocked his arms back and swung. Kabang! He knocked Green clear out the shop via the window.
I, Orange Legs, am victor. Hammer cost 10 bits! You pay now!

Benson
2011-05-08, 12:57 PM
Spark Chaser

As one of the few ponies who were not inside the soda bar, Spark had just returned to his sister heard the sound of breaking glass. He twitched his ears trying to pick up the exact location for a second then spotted the scene in the distance. He dashed..more out of curiosity at first then at mild concern.

"Are...you okay Mister?" Spark asked nudging the body of a green pony. "Well...obviously you're not "ok ok" but still.." Not to far behind Cloud could be see taking her leisurely pace to catch up.

Orzel
2011-05-08, 01:39 PM
Spark Chaser

As one of the few ponies who were not inside the soda bar, Spark had just returned to his sister heard the sound of breaking glass. He twitched his ears trying to pick up the exact location for a second then spotted the scene in the distance. He dashed..more out of curiosity at first then at mild concern.

"Are...you okay Mister?" Spark asked nudging the body of a green pony. "Well...obviously you're not "ok ok" but still.." Not to far behind Cloud could be see taking her leisurely pace to catch up.

Green lost his single toned voice once more Considering a crazy old pony hooved me through a window, I'm not to bad. I'm luvky the window was open. He wobbled on his way up, still rattled by his "flight".Now where can get a hammer to fix the back stairs to the house. he whispered to himself.

Green turned to the young pegasus Hey colt, you know where I can find a hammer or a half decent carpenter 'round here?

Orange Legs the pony dashed out of his shop. I good fixer of things. In old country, I make shed with 5 piece a' wood, rock, and a pile o' radish. With flu!.

Benson
2011-05-08, 01:50 PM
Green lost his single toned voice once more Considering a crazy old pony hooved me through a window, I'm not to bad. I'm luvky the window was open. He wobbled on his way up, still rattled by his "flight".Now where can get a hammer to fix the back stairs to the house. he whispered to himself.

Green turned to the young pegasus Hey colt, you know where I can find a hammer or a half decent carpenter 'round here?

Orange Legs the pony dashed out of his shop. I good fixer of things. In old country, I make shed with 5 piece a' wood, rock, and a pile o' radish. With flu!.

"Um...well no...I'm still new here myself and haven't met that many ponies...but...I do have a um...friend sorta, he's a farmer who works it mostly all by himself. He might have a hammer and some carpentry skills as he must have to make repairs at some point and he's apparently a jack of all trades pony..." The colt scratched his head trying to recall what Mister Tinker may have told him. He looked at the old orange pony who in a way was kinda intimidating to Spark.

Hawkflight
2011-05-08, 01:53 PM
Thunderbolt finished his drink at the bar, and went back to wandering the town. He actually did have a few errands to run, but they didn't need to be done until sunset. As he walked down the street, he noticed a commotion coming from inside one of the shops. Peeking through one of the windows, he saw a green pony get thrown out by a more elderly pony. He then saw the pegasus foal from earlier rush over to see if the green pony was okay, and decided to do the same.

"Yeah. You're also crazy," Thunderbolt said dryly.

Benson
2011-05-08, 02:12 PM
"Psst.." Spark whispered amused at what this other colt said, "For some reason I can't help but feel that he won't take lightly to being called crazy." Spark tried not to smirk/chuckle right now.

Mindfreak
2011-05-08, 02:20 PM
[The legs Shop/ Home]

Minstrone sees the crazyness ensuing over there and debates whether or not if it is worth it to get the metal plating he needed.
"Uhhhhh, if anyone of you run the store up ahead, would you happen to sell any metal plating?"

Orzel
2011-05-08, 02:26 PM
Green Pepper backed away from the old pony Oh no. Oh no. Not you! You are crazy, pony! He waved his hooves in fear. Green turned his head to the pegasus though his eye were trained on Mr. Legs. Where is this handypony you speak of, little colt? Where is this farmer?

Orange Legs laughed merrily. Crazy. I not crazy. M'brother Muddy crazy. He eat bad dirt pie. Think he was rooster. Hahahaa!

Mr Legs overheard another pony's request and couldn't help himslf. He had to sell. Selling meant life in old country.
Metal? You want metal? We have good metal. Bronze metal. Silver metal. First place gold metal. You win big?

Mindfreak
2011-05-08, 02:39 PM
"Ah, I win big in Building if that helps. And soups If only there was an event for soup making, I'd get gold for sure,But, if you have any iron or steel, or the extremly hard to find Titanium, I would pay up to 30 bits per 2 pounds."

Benson
2011-05-08, 02:47 PM
Green Pepper backed away from the old pony Oh no. Oh no. Not you! You are crazy, pony! He waved his hooves in fear. Green turned his head to the pegasus though his eye were trained on Mr. Legs. Where is this handypony you speak of, little colt? Where is this farmer?

Orange Legs laughed merrily. Crazy. I not crazy. M'brother Muddy crazy. He eat bad dirt pie. Think he was rooster. Hahahaa!

Mr Legs overheard another pony's request and couldn't help himslf. He had to sell. Selling meant life in old country.
Metal? You want metal? We have good metal. Bronze metal. Silver metal. First place gold metal. You win big?

"UH...well...as there was a disturbance in the time space continuum or something...time shifting plane stuff and alternate presents stuff, I'd wager his farm, way south of town." The colt answered.

Orzel
2011-05-08, 03:01 PM
"UH...well...as there was a disturbance in the time space continuum or something...time shifting plane stuff and alternate presents stuff, I'd wager his farm, way south of town." The colt answered.

Thanks! the green earth pony said as he speed off in a northern direction. Then a southern one.

"Ah, I win big in Building if that helps. And soups If only there was an event for soup making, I'd get gold for sure,But, if you have any iron or steel, or the extremly hard to find Titanium, I would pay up to 30 bits per 2 pounds."

Iron. We have iron. Waffle iron. Curling iron. Nine iron. You play golf? the old pony turned towards his house.Wife! Bring iron for nice pony.

A soft flurry of foreign words spewed from the shop. Mr. Legs replied back in the strange language. Back and forth the two ponies shouted in the new tongue. The only pony words heard were "banana", "casserole" and "the shinky hard thing in the back."

You want rust. Rust extra bits.

Mindfreak
2011-05-08, 03:10 PM
Iron. We have iron. Waffle iron. Curling iron. Nine iron. You play golf? the old pony turned towards his house.Wife! Bring iron for nice pony.

A soft flurry of foreign words spewed from the shop. Mr. Legs replied back in the strange language. Back and forth the two ponies shouted in the new tongue. The only pony words heard were "banana", "casserole" and "the shinky hard thing in the back."

You want rust. Rust extra bits.

Knowing that nothing will happen if he doesn't take charge, Minstrone decides to try to explain it in their accent.

"No rust. No rust double bits. I play golf, no Nine iron. Ship Iron, Iron that goes on ships. Bring that. Maybe Waffle Iron. I buy waffle iron for 20 bits. Bring me metal, any type of metal, I pay 20 bits each. and a Casserole. I like Casserole."

sildra45
2011-05-08, 03:38 PM
Knack Tinker

Out on his farm as usual, Knack was checking over his storehouse, door having been fixed from a previous encounter with a rambunctious pony. The water mill was turning as it ground out some wheat flour as he was working over the storehouse.

"Let's see 'ere. What do I need most for the fresh plowed field? Gotta plant summat soon before it's too late."

Orzel
2011-05-08, 08:52 PM
Knowing that nothing will happen if he doesn't take charge, Minstrone decides to try to explain it in their accent.

"No rust. No rust double bits. I play golf, no Nine iron. Ship Iron, Iron that goes on ships. Bring that. Maybe Waffle Iron. I buy waffle iron for 20 bits. Bring me metal, any type of metal, I pay 20 bits each. and a Casserole. I like Casserole."

A old orange mare walked out of the shop. Carrying a load four times her size.
Have metal.
Rusty metal. Take out. He don't want.
He not want rusty metal. That crazy! the old mare said before dropping the metal by her hooves.
I know! Crazy! Orange Legs turned bac to his customer. Since you not want rusty metal. I give you good price. 200 bits.

Crisis21
2011-05-08, 09:35 PM
Many thanks. Dr. Quillopolis wrote. Though, I'm afraid I haven't much to say at the moment. You'll have to rise to this new challenge without my guidance.

Wind Dancer continued thinking about the moving door. Well, he certainly wasn't going to touch it, let alone try stopping it with his hooves. He didn't want to wind up on the wrong end of another magical door. Of course, the good thing about being a unicorn was that you didn't have to touch things to move them.

Wind's natural telekinesis was not strong enough to do much more than slow the door down a little, so he tried another tack. Taking a deep breath, he whistled a single high, sustained note, his horn glowing in response. It appeared to work. The door slowed even more, finally freezing in place.

The unicorn's face began taking on a blue tinge as he motioned for the others to go through.

(Deadtime. See you tomorrow.)

Roy went through first, motioning the others to follow behind him. The corridor beyond sloped down, twisting and turning deeper into the ground.

((If the others who are in the Ruins will PM me, I have a couple of ideas I'd like to run by you.))

Thanqol
2011-05-08, 09:37 PM
Roy went through first, motioning the others to follow behind him. The corridor beyond sloped down, twisting and turning deeper into the ground.

((If the others who are in the Ruins will PM me, I have a couple of ideas I'd like to run by you.))

Charger followed close behind, holding a whirring electric lamp in her mouth that was attached to the battery on her back by a variety of wires.

Sable
2011-05-08, 09:49 PM
Knack Tinker

Out on his farm as usual, Knack was checking over his storehouse, door having been fixed from a previous encounter with a rambunctious pony. The water mill was turning as it ground out some wheat flour as he was working over the storehouse.

"Let's see 'ere. What do I need most for the fresh plowed field? Gotta plant summat soon before it's too late."

Cherry Cider ran around town until she came around the most farm-looking place around. She figured this must be Knack's farm. She trotted along, taking in the sight of the magnificent farmland.

Mr.Tinker! Are you here?? It's me, Cherry Cider!

Hawkflight
2011-05-08, 11:05 PM
Dawn Blossom followed suit, casting a worried glance back at the pony holding the door open.

sildra45
2011-05-08, 11:23 PM
Cherry Cider ran around town until she came around the most farm-looking place around. She figured this must be Knack's farm. She trotted along, taking in the sight of the magnificent farmland.

Mr.Tinker! Are you here?? It's me, Cherry Cider!

[ FYI: Knack's farm is semi-far south of town, so it'd be a trip out of town to find it. ^^']

Knack TInker

The farm was without a doubt HUGE.

Farm Description on Bottom (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10713435&postcount=251)

She could see the buildings for the farm not too far off. But the light noise of the rivulets likely covered up her call. But where else would the pony be except maybe the house?

Sable
2011-05-08, 11:25 PM
[ FYI: Knack's farm is semi-far south of town, so it'd be a trip out of town to find it. ^^']

Knack TInker

The farm was without a doubt HUGE.

Farm Description on Bottom (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10713435&postcount=251)

She could see the buildings for the farm not too far off. But the light noise of the rivulets likely covered up her call. But where else would the pony be except maybe the house?

((Sorryyy. Didn't know lol. Thank you for telling me)

Cherry gave herself a little tour of the farm, but didn't go to far into it since she had to find Knack. She eventually decided to try to main house. Trotting up to the front door, she gave it a few good knocks with her hoof.

Benson
2011-05-08, 11:42 PM
Spark Chaser In Town outside the Legs Junk Shop

"Hi...name's Spark Chaser," Spark introduced himself to the colt who had sorta kinda raced him earlier. Little Cloud soon caught up but walked right past the boys to go check out the junk shop out of curiosity. She window shopped at the window that wasn't broken.

Hawkflight
2011-05-08, 11:51 PM
Thunderbolt observed the other pegasus colt curiously for a moment. "Thunderbolt," he introduced himself. "....You race well."

sildra45
2011-05-09, 12:04 AM
((Sorryyy. Didn't know lol. Thank you for telling me)

Cherry gave herself a little tour of the farm, but didn't go to far into it since she had to find Knack. She eventually decided to try to main house. Trotting up to the front door, she gave it a few good knocks with her hoof.

Knack Tinker

Knack heard a knockin' on his door, and went to investigate, today having been a rather slow day for the farm. Nothing today was ready for picking, the apples were staying in the trees...for now, and the watering was done for the day.

Opening the door, he saw Cherry and nodded.

"Howdy doo ma'am. How can I help ya'?"

Sable
2011-05-09, 12:10 AM
Cherry blinked a few times, swearing that Knack was a female last time, but then shakes her head. Since she's unaware of the lack of things to do around here today, she's pretty eager.

Hey there! It's me! I'm here for work! What do you want me to do? What do you want me to do??? Anything! Anything!

She was jumping up and down excitedly.

Benson
2011-05-09, 12:17 AM
Thunderbolt observed the other pegasus colt curiously for a moment. "Thunderbolt," he introduced himself. "....You race well."

Spark Chaser
"Guess you're my rival," Spark eyes him suspiciously. Spark read his shonen sports comics. Two young colts with a need for speed, competition between the two is such a given. "Now that we got that trope out of the way..." Spark knew he was going to add more to that but soon forgot..hauh...

Hawkflight
2011-05-09, 12:41 AM
"A pony can only race at his best when he has a worthy opponent," said Thunderbolt, observing this other foal. "....Besides, doesn't the rival usually win? Unless the match gets interrupted or something, I mean."

sildra45
2011-05-09, 12:42 AM
Cherry blinked a few times, swearing that Knack was a female last time, but then shakes her head. Since she's unaware of the lack of things to do around here today, she's pretty eager.

Hey there! It's me! I'm here for work! What do you want me to do? What do you want me to do??? Anything! Anything!

She was jumping up and down excitedly.

Knack Tinker

"Well ma'am, how about calmin' down firs' ? I might 'ave somethin' fer ya if'n ya settle fer a moment."

He smiled a warm smile.

Benson
2011-05-09, 12:47 AM
"A pony can only race at his best when he has a worthy opponent," said Thunderbolt, observing this other foal. "....Besides, doesn't the rival usually win? Unless the match gets interrupted or something, I mean."

"Not necessarily. You're the rival of my story and I'm the rival to yours, its very tricky this way on who wins and who loses," Spark brought his hoof to his chin. Very tricky indeed as neither pony player wants to see their pony lose. Very tricky.

Mindfreak
2011-05-09, 05:37 AM
A old orange mare walked out of the shop. Carrying a load four times her size.
Have metal.
Rusty metal. Take out. He don't want.
He not want rusty metal. That crazy! the old mare said before dropping the metal by her hooves.
I know! Crazy! Orange Legs turned bac to his customer. Since you not want rusty metal. I give you good price. 200 bits.

Minstrone checks over the metal.
"Alright, deal."
He takes out his pouch of bits and counts out 200 bits, he places them in Orange Leg's hoof.
"Good bye and thanks for the metal!"
Minstrone walks away with the bag of metal, not stuggling at all. For he is a young colt.

Orzel
2011-05-09, 06:15 AM
Minstrone checks over the metal.
"Alright, deal."
He takes out his pouch of bits and counts out 200 bits, he places them in Orange Leg's hoof.
"Good bye and thanks for the metal!"
Minstrone walks away with the bag of metal, not stuggling at all. For he is a young colt.

Vunga! Wife, no dirt pie tonight. We eat mud stew!
Fancy smancy.

Sable
2011-05-09, 08:42 AM
Knack Tinker

"Well ma'am, how about calmin' down firs' ? I might 'ave somethin' fer ya if'n ya settle fer a moment."

He smiled a warm smile.

Cherry's face felt hot with embarrassment as she stopped jumping around so much, looking up at Knack with a nervous smile.

Oh.. heheh... s-sorry. I'm just.. really excited, mister. This is my first job since I left the town of Ponyville. I'ma hopin' this'll be a little more fittin' for somebody like me. I'm ready!

sildra45
2011-05-09, 10:53 AM
Cherry's face felt hot with embarrassment as she stopped jumping around so much, looking up at Knack with a nervous smile.

Oh.. heheh... s-sorry. I'm just.. really excited, mister. This is my first job since I left the town of Ponyville. I'ma hopin' this'll be a little more fittin' for somebody like me. I'm ready!

Knack Tinker

Knack nodded and cantered out, the door closing behind him as he headed towards the storehouse, which towered over all the other buildings, even the two story house.

"Well, ah got just about the largest variety on this farm in all Equestria, and that ain't a joke. You'll 'ave to get versed in all the plants on this 'ere farm if'n you wanna stay long. Ah got two workers already. One to keep as many of mah apples'n'other tree fruit from gettin' bruised, and the other to watch all the differen' plants fer me to keep track of their ripening."

He opened the sliding door of the storehouse, and gestured for her to enter.

Sable
2011-05-09, 03:52 PM
Cherry hesitated at first, but soon walked into the storehouse. She looked around the impressive building, never seeing one of this size before in her life. Not even the one in her hometown was nearly this big. She turned to face Knack.

What do ya mean by "versed"? You mean... Ah should become familiar with... ALL of these plants?

Hawkflight
2011-05-09, 06:59 PM
"Not necessarily. You're the rival of my story and I'm the rival to yours, its very tricky this way on who wins and who loses," Spark brought his hoof to his chin. Very tricky indeed as neither pony player wants to see their pony lose. Very tricky.

Thunderbolt just quirked an eyebrow at Spark. "I suppose," he said.

Mindfreak
2011-05-09, 07:27 PM
[Knack's Farm]
Hmmmm, a farm! I bet Minstrone would love some watermelon!
"Helllooooo? Is anypony here? I would like to buy some fruit!"

RdMarquis
2011-05-09, 08:59 PM
As soon as the last pony made it through the door, Wind sprang through and released the spell. He breathed heavily for a few moments, trying to catch his breath. "That *gasp* was the longest *gasp* I've ever held a note. What's the *gasp* record?"

On the other side of the moving doors was a large stone corridor, lit by torches. Something shiny at the other end sat on a pedestal. But before anypony could make out what it was, three stone walls came down to block their way. At the center of the first one was a square with a musical note inscribed into it.

Wind stared at the symbol for a moment. Was the obvious solution the correct one? "I think my lungs deserve a break," he said, removing his guitar from a saddlebag. Wind Dancer strummed it with a hoof, producing sour notes that were almost painful to hear.

"What? I just had you tuned..." But try as he might, the unicorn could not produce a song. With a sinking feeling in his stomach, he turned to look at his flank. Something told him the answer lay with his cutie mark. Or, to be more accurate, his lack thereof. "It's gone!"

Almost in a panic, Wind looked at the ponies who developed cutie marks of their own. Their flanks, too, were blank.

Thanqol
2011-05-09, 09:14 PM
Charger reflexively checked her own flank in the possibility that she had developed a Cutie Mark instead of losing one. There was not, which was disappointing.

"So all we need is some music, then?" Charger said, flipping her cape up to one side to reveal a set of speakers built into the whirring, ominous looking mechanical device strapped to her back. The device crackled with electricity and began to play a recorded rock song.

Hawkflight
2011-05-09, 09:40 PM
Dawn Blossom shook her head confusedly. "What? But that's ... that's impossible!" she said. She remembered the lectures her teachers had given her and her class on cutie marks. "There's no magic in all of Equestria that can summon, change, or banish a pony's cutie mark! The only thing that can truly change that comes from within. It must be an illusion."

Grif
2011-05-09, 09:47 PM
[Silverpine/Town/Morning]

Silverpine wandered aimlessly across the small but busy town, slowly taking in the sights and sounds of his new home. He was surprised at the amount of shops to be found here, considering Bridle Shores was supposed to be some quiet hamlet off the middle of nowehere; at least according to Stalliongrad standards.

One particular shop caught his eye as he trotted past.

Legs Junk Shop.

Legs? What kind of name is that? he thought to himself amusedly. He could hear a pair of pegasus ponies conversing outside the shop, but paid no attention to them.

RdMarquis
2011-05-09, 10:04 PM
"I hope this doesn't mean I've been replaced." Wind remarked casually. To the unicorn's surprise, his fear over suddenly losing his cutie mark had subsided. That something which told him to check his flank in the first place also seemed to remind him the loss of his ability to play music was temporary. But everything didn't fall into place until Dawn Blossom mentioned cutie marks could not be erased.

Wind Dancer tried to remember the first song he ever learned. It was clear as day in his mind, as were all the other tunes. On a hunch, he tried whistling again. Nothing but atonal sputtering came out, even though Wind was sure his mouth movements were correct.

Then the first wall began rising, guided by the sounds of Charger's device. Almost in response, Wind's sputtering became a weak melody. The melody returned to normal once the wall was completely gone. And sure enough, the black and white horseshoe on his flank had returned. "You're right, Dawn." He found himself saying. "They haven't been banished. Taking certain actions might be a different story, though."

The next wall had a horseshoe with wings on it.

Hawkflight
2011-05-09, 10:15 PM
"Wow, book learning FTW," said Dawn, honestly surprised that Charger's plan worked. "Though I wonder if we're not cheating just the tiniest bit...."

She stared at the mark on the next door, wondering what it could mean. She looked up, down, and all around wondering if maybe there was some hint as to what it meant. A winged horseshoe ... did it mean speed, she wondered? But didn't they already have a challenge like that?

Thanqol
2011-05-09, 11:09 PM
Charger was enormously smug when she flipped her cape back over the contraption on her back. Awww yeah.

"Does... this mean we have to find a Pegasus?" Charger said, looking at the winged horseshoe. This one stumped her. "What do you think, Quillopolis?"

RdMarquis
2011-05-09, 11:11 PM
It appeared that the dungeon had decided to repeat itself. The mark jutted out of the wall like an enormous button, and a ladder leading up to it emerged from the ground. Of course, with the giant button came yet another obstacle. Bolts of magical energy began shooting from the walls.

I believe the meaning is quite obvious, actually. The quill wrote. Run.

As if some god of booby traps had decided to put the finishing touches on this new challenge, everyponys' hooves began feeling very heavy...

Thanqol
2011-05-09, 11:17 PM
"I see," Charger said.

She decided to try taking off one of her horseshoes and throwing it at the button before running a potentially lethal gauntlet of magical doom.

Hawkflight
2011-05-09, 11:23 PM
"....Ah," said Dawn Blossom. She saw Charger take off one of her horseshoes to throw at the button, and agreed that it was a good idea. Just in case she missed, however, she took off her own shoe and threw it at the button.

sildra45
2011-05-09, 11:42 PM
Cherry hesitated at first, but soon walked into the storehouse. She looked around the impressive building, never seeing one of this size before in her life. Not even the one in her hometown was nearly this big. She turned to face Knack.

What do ya mean by "versed"? You mean... Ah should become familiar with... ALL of these plants?

Knack Tinker

Knack nodded.

"Eeeyup! If'n you ever get yer own farm, you'll know how to grow anythin' ya want once yer done 'ere. Vegetables, fruits, beans and nuts, spices, you name it, ah prolly got it somewhere on this farm."

[Knack's Farm]
Hmmmm, a farm! I bet Minstrone would love some watermelon!
"Helllooooo? Is anypony here? I would like to buy some fruit!"

The farm was huge, and the buildings were likely too far for anypony to hear Minstrone over the constant noise of the rivulets that crisscrossed the entirety of the farm.

[Mindfreak, please do look over the info for Knack and his farm so you get an idea of just where he's standing: The Info (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10713435&postcount=251)

RdMarquis
2011-05-09, 11:57 PM
The horseshoes bounced off the giant button. Before they hit the ground, they met with the magical bolts, and by the time they landed, each had exactly four scorch marks burned on them.

Struck by a sudden thought, Wind began tapping his hoof rhythmically.

He moved just a little closer to where the bolts emerged from. Although the unicorn had no intention of running, not being able to made him feel strange. "Could somepony do that again?"

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 12:05 AM
The horseshoes bounced off the giant button. Before they hit the ground, they met with the magical bolts, and by the time they landed, each had exactly four scorch marks burned on them.

Struck by a sudden thought, Wind began tapping his hoof rhythmically.

He moved just a little closer to where the bolts emerged from. Although the unicorn had no intention of running, not being able to made him feel strange. "Could somepony do that again?"

"Three more times, sir," said Charger, tossing her second horseshoe.

Benson
2011-05-10, 12:09 AM
Thunderbolt just quirked an eyebrow at Spark. "I suppose," he said.

"Well this conversation is....engaging..." Spark raised a brow but then shrugged. "By chance do you know where the local watering hole is at?" The colt inquired as he himself was not that well versed with the town and didn't know that this colt was new as well but it never hurt to ask.

Hawkflight
2011-05-10, 12:20 AM
Dawn Blossom nodded, and pulled off her own horseshoe. Replicating the previous throw, she threw hers just slightly after Charger threw her own.

----

Thunderbolt pointed towards the bar. "Yes. Two streets down, take a right. It's on your left."

RdMarquis
2011-05-10, 12:36 AM
The horseshoes hit the symbol with the same result. Two more of them with almost identical scorch marks lay on the ground.

"It's a pattern. They bolts are firing in a pattern." Wind tossed one of his own horse shoes. Sure enough, it happened again. But now, the unicorn could see how the bolts were firing. Four groups of three, shooting in a row. First the second closest to the ponies fired, then the farthest away, then the closest, then the second farthest.

Wind Dancer reported his findings. "But how do we get past these without running?"

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 12:39 AM
The horseshoes hit the symbol with the same result. Two more of them with almost identical scorch marks lay on the ground.

"It's a pattern. They bolts are firing in a pattern." Wind tossed one of his own horse shoes. Sure enough, it happened again. But now, the unicorn could see how the bolts were firing. Four groups of three, shooting in a row. First the second closest to the ponies fired, then the farthest away, then the closest, then the second farthest.

Wind Dancer reported his findings. "But how do we get past these without running?"

"It looks to me if I just maintain constant, slow speed I can walk all the way to the end. Look," Charger sketched the pattern on the ground with her hoof.

1 3
2 1
3 4
4 2

"If I can just keep walking the bolts will fire right in front of me, and then right behind me." Charger said, walking up to the start of the course. "Wish me luck."

RdMarquis
2011-05-10, 12:49 AM
"Wait!" Wind held up a hoof to stop her. "Let me do it." He looked back at Charger's sketch. "Just keep walking, right?"

Benson
2011-05-10, 12:54 AM
Thunderbolt pointed towards the bar. "Yes. Two streets down, take a right. It's on your left."

"I see. Well thanks." He glances over in the direction then back at Thunderbolt. "If you ever want to play...or race when I'm not busy...I live on the outskirts not too far...you'll know what house it is because the front yard is unkempt." Spark nodded good-bye to Thunderbolt and went over to get his sister to follow. Spark's reason to go to the soda bar was simple...with ponies in essentially one location it would be easier to find out what ponies needed errands to run....until his mom came back to town that is.

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 12:55 AM
"It's too dangerous for you, Mister Wind," Charger said stubbornly, "It's my idea, and I wouldn't feel right sending anypony to do something I wouldn't do myself," Heroing meant leading by example, being brave and self sacrifice. Charger tried to move so she was facing the corridor alone and hedge Wind out.

Hawkflight
2011-05-10, 01:00 AM
Dawn Blossom stepped forward to face Wind. "Let her do it," she said. "She can handle herself."

----

"I would be a rather poor rival if I didn't challenge you," said Thunderbolt with a smirk. He turned around and dashed off in the opposite direction.

Sable
2011-05-10, 01:01 AM
Cherry gulped. She had decent knowledge of plants and crops, but not an impressive amount. Sighing calmly, she nodded. She wanted a job and she was willing to do anything to get it.

Okay, Mr.Tinker. Ah reckon ah can do that. Are ya sure ya don't mind hiring a little filly like mahself? Ah mean... I'm just in kindergarten. Ah figured you'd be looking for... older help.

RdMarquis
2011-05-10, 01:08 AM
Wind was about to protest more, but he thought of a compromise. The unicorn stepped forward, stopping just short of where the bolts were firing. "Why don't we both go? That button could be too heavy for you to push on your own." What he didn't mention was his intention of protecting her with his life if things got dicey.

Hawkflight
2011-05-10, 01:30 AM
"Isn't that a bit risky though?" worried Dawn Blossom. "What if one of you trips the other up?"

Benson
2011-05-10, 01:34 AM
Spark Chaser In Town going to the Soda Bar

The colt gathered his sister who was had busied herself with window-shopping...there was some neat junk she wanted but that would have to wait. Spark would have ran but he had to make sure his little sis got there safe and sound. SO, the two made their way to the soda bar though it would be some time due to the small wobbly strides made by Cloud.

Gwynfillion Outskirts of the Town to the South going to Tinker's Farm as mentioned in that OTHER thread

The plum pony Gwyn leisurely went about in a four beat gait...she wasn't going to run or trot that was JUST unladylike. She had her beret...because to me glasses and a beret are cute and running let alone trotting would make her lose her hat...plus....the icky sweating involved.

She had to admire the serene beauty of the countryside here even for a citypony such as herself. The road wound up on a slight hill and upon reaching the top she looked down seeing the expanse of farmland below that seemed to go on for miles...much to Gwyn's chagrin. She grimaced knowing that she had to walk that whole length...to the center or wherever that farmer had his home. From where she stood on the road-hill she could barely make out the biggest structure. She sighed...but four beat gaited on...

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 01:37 AM
Charger's eyes narrowed at the suggestion she wouldn't be strong enough to push a button. "Mr. Wind, the point of me going is so you won't be put in danger. Please stand back. I can handle this."

Without waiting for further discussion, Charger began walking down the corridor. She closed her eyes and willed herself to be brave, trusting that as long as she kept moving she'd be safe.

RdMarquis
2011-05-10, 01:48 AM
Wind Dancer decided if he could not help Charger complete this task, he would at least encourage her. He brought out the guitar again, and although it was the only instrument anypony could see him playing, they would be able to hear a veritable band, playing a fast, energetic melody to help her along.

None of the ponies needed to have worried. Charger walked past the magical bolts unscathed. They stopped firing as soon as she pressed the switch.

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 01:51 AM
"You know," Charger said, tossing her mane proudly, "I think I'm a natural at this dungeon crawling thing."

For the third time in half an hour she checked her flank in case saying that had given her her cutie mark. Nope.

Hawkflight
2011-05-10, 02:16 AM
"Just don't hog the spotlight," said Dawn Blossom in a kidding tone, with a wink. She trotted towards the other foal.

"One thing confuses me though ... what exactly did that symbol mean? I mean, that certainly wasn't a test of speed. Was it a red herring?"

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 02:32 AM
"Just don't hog the spotlight," said Dawn Blossom in a kidding tone, with a wink. She trotted towards the other foal.

"One thing confuses me though ... what exactly did that symbol mean? I mean, that certainly wasn't a test of speed. Was it a red herring?"

"Don't worry, when they sing songs about me I'll make sure you get a verse," Charger said with a grin, "Maybe it meant courage?" Charger speculated but she didn't understand the winged horseshoe. On that note, she put on both of her own slightly scorched horseshoes back on.

sildra45
2011-05-10, 02:33 AM
Cherry gulped. She had decent knowledge of plants and crops, but not an impressive amount. Sighing calmly, she nodded. She wanted a job and she was willing to do anything to get it.

Okay, Mr.Tinker. Ah reckon ah can do that. Are ya sure ya don't mind hiring a little filly like mahself? Ah mean... I'm just in kindergarten. Ah figured you'd be looking for... older help.

Knack Tinker

Knack chuckled and shook her head.

"I look for anypony willing to help, young, old, or really old. Everypony can do something on a farm, and it looks tah me like you'll be the learnin' type. If yer willin' tah learn, willing to work, yer a farm hand if'n ya wanna be. Ah'll of course start ya off on easy tasks like Sparks, my other young helper. He's tha one catchin' apples'n'such fer me, though it's easy fer him because of 'is speed as a Pegasus."

He gestured at all the containers in his storehouse.

"Now, what kind of work yah lookin' fer? Gatherin', plowin', waterin', pest control, store keeping, repairs, mill work, or even sellin'n'tradin'!

Gwynfillion Outskirts of the Town to the South going to Tinker's Farm as mentioned in that OTHER thread

The plum pony Gwyn leisurely went about in a four beat gait...she wasn't going to run or trot that was JUST unladylike. She had her beret...because to me glasses and a beret are cute and running let alone trotting would make her lose her hat...plus....the icky sweating involved.

She had to admire the serene beauty of the countryside here even for a citypony such as herself. The road wound up on a slight hill and upon reaching the top she looked down seeing the expanse of farmland below that seemed to go on for miles...much to Gwyn's chagrin. She grimaced knowing that she had to walk that whole length...to the center or wherever that farmer had his home. From where she stood on the road-hill she could barely make out the biggest structure. She sighed...but four beat gaited on...

As she exited the town, the road became more hard packed dirt than anything else, though it was very smooth and, upon hitting the farm, just a tiny bit damp, preventing the dust from rising as she traversed the distance to the center of the farm.

The tinkling of the rivulets beat a rhythm of their own, offering a small cacophony of bubbling music all around, the swaying breeze amongst the different plants a nice way to make a day along the road.

RdMarquis
2011-05-10, 03:30 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"]"One thing confuses me though ... what exactly did that symbol mean? I mean, that certainly wasn't a test of speed. Was it a red herring?"

"Well, we couldn't walk...and I couldn't play my guitar. Maybe they are signs for what we can't do? But then, why did our cutie marks disappear?"

The second wall lifted and the staircase sunk back into the floor, revealing the third wall. Its symbol was a detailed sketch of a pony's open mouth.

"And what do you think that means?" At least, that was what Wind tried to say. His mouth moved, but words did not come out. If Quillopolis hadn't transcribed the words, Charger and Dawn Blossom might never have learned what he was trying to say. Meanwhile, something sat in the shadows cast by torchlight, watching the ponies.

(Deadtime. Enjoy the cliffhanger. :smalltongue:)

Thanqol
2011-05-10, 03:36 AM
Another sound puzzle? Charger immediately turned her speakers back on, getting some vocal music going.

Mindfreak
2011-05-10, 05:00 AM
eh, Guess I will just wait for the farmer here to put up a stand or something on the side of the road. Besides, where would I put a melon anyways?
Mairacine continues walking towards his nephew's house.
[Minstrone's House]
Finally! I am here!

Mairacine puts down the metal inside and relaxes.

Sable
2011-05-10, 05:53 AM
Knack Tinker

Knack chuckled and shook her head.

"I look for anypony willing to help, young, old, or really old. Everypony can do something on a farm, and it looks tah me like you'll be the learnin' type. If yer willin' tah learn, willing to work, yer a farm hand if'n ya wanna be. Ah'll of course start ya off on easy tasks like Sparks, my other young helper. He's tha one catchin' apples'n'such fer me, though it's easy fer him because of 'is speed as a Pegasus."

He gestured at all the containers in his storehouse.

"Now, what kind of work yah lookin' fer? Gatherin', plowin', waterin', pest control, store keeping, repairs, mill work, or even sellin'n'tradin'!

Anythin'! I'm willin' ta do anythin' as long as I'm able ta do it... so ah don't think plowin's really up mah alley... or repairs heheh.. hm.

She thought for a moment at what she would be good at.

Well, ah don't want ta tread on Charger's job. I think ah can probably handle store keepin' or pest control... and whatever ah I have to do for mill work.

sildra45
2011-05-10, 08:53 AM
Anythin'! I'm willin' ta do anythin' as long as I'm able ta do it... so ah don't think plowin's really up mah alley... or repairs heheh.. hm.

She thought for a moment at what she would be good at.

Well, ah don't want ta tread on Charger's job. I think ah can probably handle store keepin' or pest control... and whatever ah I have to do for mill work.

Knack TInker

Knack 'hmm'ed and tapped a hoof to his chin as he thought.

"Well then, let's start wit' pest control, shall we? Ah could allus use somepony to chase away the critters that try to make of with unearned vittles."

Sable
2011-05-10, 09:13 AM
Cherry nodded and trotted around Knack a few times, feeling excited again.

Alrighty then! Imma ready! How do ah start? What do ah use? What pest our we talkin' about? Are they big critters? I reckon' they must be pretty annoyin' pests! Are they parasprites? Are they cute?
She had so many unecessary questions, but she was simply curious. She didn't want to mess her job up, even though everybody makes mistakes when they're first starting out.

sildra45
2011-05-10, 11:48 AM
Cherry nodded and trotted around Knack a few times, feeling excited again.

Alrighty then! Imma ready! How do ah start? What do ah use? What pest our we talkin' about? Are they big critters? I reckon' they must be pretty annoyin' pests! Are they parasprites? Are they cute?
She had so many unecessary questions, but she was simply curious. She didn't want to mess her job up, even though everybody makes mistakes when they're first starting out.

Knack Tinker

"Fer now it's mostly jus' rabbits and Squirrels ah need chased off. Losing too many nuts and carrots to the varmits."

Mindfreak
2011-05-10, 02:48 PM
[Knack's Farm]

Mairacine walks around Knack's farm until he finally finds the pony he was looking for. A filly seemed to be trotting around him.
"Excuse me! Are you the farmer here? I was wondering if I could buy some vegetables. Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Corn, and Water Chestnuts if you have them! I need 10 of each of them."
He says this all to Knack, he sees the filly.
"Heyyyyyyy! I know you! You were that Filly I helped stop twitching that was twitching all on the floor from the sugary drink of Soft's! It looks like you got some good rest from your sleep!"
Mairacine looked back to Knack
"So, are you willing to sell me something?"
__________________________________________________ __________
[Castle Pony La Mer]
A strong wind began to blow.
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
and it caught Dreamrunner by surprise, and whisked her away, far away from the castle, and while going through the air she saw that she was heading right for a building.

Sable
2011-05-10, 03:56 PM
Knack Tinker

"Fer now it's mostly jus' rabbits and Squirrels ah need chased off. Losing too many nuts and carrots to the varmits."

Ha! That'll be easy! Ah can do that! Those squirrels and rabbits won't even see me comin'! Just you wait, Mr.Tinker! I'll take care of them little critters for ya! Can ah start now? Huh? Huh?

[Knack's Farm]

Mairacine walks around Knack's farm until he finally finds the pony he was looking for. A filly seemed to be trotting around him.
"Excuse me! Are you the farmer here? I was wondering if I could buy some vegetables. Potatoes, Carrots, Onions, Corn, and Water Chestnuts if you have them! I need 10 of each of them."
"Heyyyyyyy! I know you! You were that Filly I helped stop twitching that was twitching all on the floor from the sugary drink of Soft's! It looks like you got some good rest from your sleep!"

She turned her attention away from Knack when another pony approached them.

Oh.. right. I remember you.

She looked down, feeling embarrassed since she probably looked pretty ridiculous twitching on the floor like that.

Mindfreak
2011-05-10, 04:44 PM
"You were pretty brave taking on Soft's drink without a sugar to sparkles spell. I have to use the spell so crazy things don't happen. You are braver then I Cherry"

Benson
2011-05-10, 11:14 PM
Gwynfillion

After 'some' RL world time passed Gwynfillion FINALLY made it the big structure that stood out amidst these stretches of fields. Gwyn hated this walking long distances nonsense...she much preferred teleportation as it was quick and to the point, as she was most of the time. Her hooves hurt and they were...dirty to top it all off. However as got closer and saw other ponies she quickly cast a prestidigitation spell and had it clean herself up in a spiffy. Appearance, appearance, appearance. She adjusted hat and glasses and approached them.

"You...farm pony," She referenced Knack Tinker in a tone that came off a little forceful. Outside of Grills now, she still retained difficulty with her tone of voice even if she initially doesn't mean for it to come out that way, bad habit really.

sildra45
2011-05-10, 11:41 PM
[Knack's Farm]

Knack Tinker

Knack made a face at the stranger that looked a little annoyed.

"No offense sir, but ah prefer introductions before business. 'Tis not proper to conduct business without knowin' the name of the pony you're doin' business wit."

He shook his mane and nodded to the new pony.

"Name's Knack Tinker, Bridle Shores' main farm mastah an' pony-of-all-trades."

Ha! That'll be easy! Ah can do that! Those squirrels and rabbits won't even see me comin'! Just you wait, Mr.Tinker! I'll take care of them little critters for ya! Can ah start now? Huh? Huh?

She turned her attention away from Knack when another pony approached them.

Oh.. right. I remember you.

She looked down, feeling embarrassed since she probably looked pretty ridiculous twitching on the floor like that.

Knack nodded back to Cherry.

"An' you can start right now if'n ya want. Ah'll pay ya by day."

By now, both ponies would have noticed the simple fact that Knack didn't have a cutie mark, despite his obvious age!

Gwynfillion

After 'some' RL world time passed Gwynfillion FINALLY made it the big structure that stood out amidst these stretches of fields. Gwyn hated this walking long distances nonsense...she much preferred teleportation as it was quick and to the point, as she was most of the time. Her hooves hurt and they were...dirty to top it all off. However as got closer and saw other ponies she quickly cast a prestidigitation spell and had it clean herself up in a spiffy. Appearance, appearance, appearance. She adjusted hat and glasses and approached them.

"You...farm pony," She referenced Knack Tinker in a tone that came off a little forceful. Outside of Grills now, she still retained difficulty with her tone of voice even if she initially doesn't mean for it to come out that way, bad habit really.

Knack's annoyed look returned for a moment.

If this town gets a new teacher, I'm going to ask that etiquette be among the classes.

"Howdy again ma'am. Knack, if you please. How can ah be of assistance?"

Sable
2011-05-11, 12:06 AM
Knack nodded back to Cherry.

"An' you can start right now if'n ya want. Ah'll pay ya by day."

By now, both ponies would have noticed the simple fact that Knack didn't have a cutie mark, despite his obvious age!

Cherry smiled as she nodded.

Thank ya kindly, Mr.Tinker! Ah won't let ya down!

She noticed the absence of a cutie mark on Knack's flank, but since he seemed pretty busy at the moment with the people coming in, she decided that she would ask about it later as she started to trot out of the store house.

Benson
2011-05-11, 12:15 AM
Gwynfillion

"Yes, yes Mr Tinker," The plum pony adjusted her glasses with a hoof with a stern looking expression...her default expression when its not twitching with distraught-ness. The walk was most definitely not pleasant. She did her best to soften her expression, especially when dealing with vendors. She acknowledged the other two ponies but she didn't care to greet them, they weren't important to her right now.

"Yes, yes....I recall you at the party just vaguely, as your little hat did stand out there, and from our previous meeting. I'm Gwynfillion, I'm sure you can recall that from that previous meeting you said you might have been able to aqcuire ground mica," The plum pony said trying to keep her composure. Sure the spell cleaned her up but she was still tired from the very, very long walk, and parched.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 12:22 AM
Cherry smiled as she nodded.

Thank ya kindly, Mr.Tinker! Ah won't let ya down!

She noticed the absence of a cutie mark on Knack's flank, but since he seemed pretty busy at the moment with the people coming in, she decided that she would ask about it later as she started to trot out of the store house.

Knack Tinker

Knack nodded to her.

"Jus' be careful not to slip in the rivulets. Tha rocks are mighty slippery, smooth as they are."

Gwynfillion

"Yes, yes Mr Tinker," The plum pony adjusted her glasses with a hoof with a stern looking expression...her default expression when its not twitching with distraught-ness. The walk was most definitely not pleasant. She did her best to soften her expression, especially when dealing with vendors. She acknowledged the other two ponies but she didn't care to greet them, they weren't important to her right now.

"Yes, yes....I recall you at the party just vaguely, as your little hat did stand out there, and from our previous meeting. I'm Gwynfillion, I'm sure you can recall that from that previous meeting you said you might have been able to aqcuire ground mica," The plum pony said trying to keep her composure. Sure the spell cleaned her up but she was still tired from the very, very long walk, and parched.

"Ah sure can ma'am Gwynfillion. About 'ow much ya need?"

Benson
2011-05-11, 12:31 AM
"A good two pounds," Pithy and to the point she was, idle talk was a no. She withdrew her satin coin pouch from her saddle bag with her magic readying whatever bits she would require.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 12:57 AM
"A good two pounds," Pithy and to the point she was, idle talk was a no. She withdrew her satin coin pouch from her saddle bag with her magic readying whatever bits she would require.

Knack Tinker

Knack held up a hoof to wave the money away.

"Ah don't work tha' way ma'am. I don't get paid 'till the item is in hoof. Ah'll git a message to yah once I got enough. Two pound might take me a small time to collect, depending on if ah can fin' a good source nearby."

Benson
2011-05-11, 01:04 AM
Gwynfillion Knack Tinker's Farm

Horse apples The plum pony mentally cursed. "Wait...you're telling me you don't have it on hand at the moment somewhere in your..wherever you possibly store all your wares?..." It was really more of a rhetorical question if anything and now Gwynfillion felt irritated, it showed in a minor eye twitch. She collected herself and forced a smile. "How...long to you wager that would take?"

sildra45
2011-05-11, 01:06 AM

Horse apples The plum pony mentally cursed. "Wait...you're telling me you don't have it on hand at the moment somewhere in your..wherever you possibly store all your wares?..." It was really more of a rhetorical question if anything and now Gwynfillion felt irritated, it showed in a minor eye twitch. She collected herself and forced a smile. "How...long to you wager that would take?"

Knack Tinker

"Well ma'am, Ah'm mainly a farmer, so collectin' mineral and ore isn't much on demand. Shouldn't take more'n a day or two, now that ah got workers to help on tha farm."

Benson
2011-05-11, 01:14 AM

"A day or two?" Gwynfillion mentally groaned, closed her eyes trying not to let her frustration show. "I see." The plum pony adjusted her glasses, the light glinted off them for a second. "Very well."

Sable
2011-05-11, 01:15 AM
Knack Tinker

Knack nodded to her.

"Jus' be careful not to slip in the rivulets. Tha rocks are mighty slippery, smooth as they are."

Cherry made sure to remember that. The last thing she needed was to slip and hurt herself on her first day of work. The filly trotted around the farm, looking for the carrots while looking at all the trees she passed for squirrels. There were none at the moment, but when she came across the carrots, she immedietly saw a rabbit about to take a bite out of one.

Hey!! Git outta here! There'll be no carrot-eating while Cherry Cider's around!

She darted forward, startling the rabbit as it ran off. She smirked, feeling accomplished as she checked the carrot the rabbit was about to bite into. Inspecting it closely, she saw that it was fine and that she had gotten to it just in time.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 01:19 AM

"A day or two?" Gwynfillion mentally groaned, closed her eyes trying not to let her frustration show. "I see." The plum pony adjusted her glasses, the light glinted off them for a second. "Very well."

Knack Tinker

Knack rubbed a hoof under his hat.

"Are you on a short time ma'am? Ah can git the mineral itself fairly quickly. It's the grinding that takes time. How fine do you need it?"

A bit of dust managed to tickle his nose, and with a rather hefty 'aaaCHOO'....Knack was suddenly a filly again.

"Wait...WHAT? How the....oh you 'ave to be kiddin' meh!"

Though she was still about the same size, she was certainly nice looking as a filly, and didn't seem to lose too much of her musculature, though it was much leaner.

Benson
2011-05-11, 01:36 AM
"Soon, as in actually right now soon but if...one or two days is what you can manage....then...fine," The plum pony said her annoyance slipping through. Then poof, before her eyes the stallion farmer turned into a mare. Gwynfillion would be fettered had it not been her familiarity with this nonsensical genderbending spell.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 01:47 AM
"Soon, as in actually right now soon but if...one or two days is what you can manage....then...fine," The plum pony said her annoyance slipping through. Then poof, before her eyes the stallion farmer turned into a mare. Gwynfillion would be fettered had it not been her familiarity with this nonsensical genderbending spell.

Knack Tinker

Knack sighed and shook her mane, hat flopping over her other ear in the process.

"Times like this ah wish ah had wings. Ah'd find that mica in an hour from tha air. Not one flight spell 'as worked on meh yet though."

Benson
2011-05-11, 02:03 AM
Knack Tinker

Knack sighed and shook her mane, hat flopping over her other ear in the process.

"Times like this ah wish ah had wings. Ah'd find that mica in an hour from tha air. Not one flight spell 'as worked on meh yet though."

"I see..." The plum pony said cocking a brow. She was mildly interested but not by much, thus she wasn't going to involve herself in this particular topic. "Well then...I suppose I'll take my leave unless you have any more personal wishes to tell me for no particular reason." Unless Knack does have anything else to say in regards to whatever, she'll simply blink out and teleport away.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 02:10 AM
"I see..." The plum pony said cocking a brow. She was mildly interested but not by much, thus she wasn't going to involve herself in this particular topic. "Well then...I suppose I'll take my leave unless you have any more personal wishes to tell me for no particular reason." Unless Knack does have anything else to say in regards to whatever, she'll simply blink out and teleport away.

Knack Tinker

"Well, since yer a mage'n'all, might you know any wing or flight spells? I can find yer Mica faster if'n it works, and ah'll not charge yah fer it."

Benson
2011-05-11, 02:32 AM
Knack Tinker

"Well, since yer a mage'n'all, might you know any wing or flight spells? I can find yer Mica faster if'n it works, and ah'll not charge yah fer it."

"Uh..." Gwyn didn't have a flight spell, she didn't find it a necessary spell for her to have because it was a novelty spell compared to ability for spontaneous teleportation. She was a sorcerer/alchemist, not some wizard who could pull any spell out their flank conveniently. Yes she did not like having a set spell list with a set number she could have. She was impaired with the fact that if she wanted to learn a new spell she'd have to drop one she already knew and spend hours to days learning the new one depending on the difficulty. Yes...the Great and Powerful Gwyn...was not so...great but...she had to be, she had to.

The plum pony cleared her mind and looked at the farmer pony. "I'm...afraid...I did not select that novelty spell to be part of my...repertoire," She admitted. She scowled for a moment but it was too late to take it back.

...Her cutie mark is a Cauldron for a reason and not something more akin to wizard 'images'. *chuckle*

sildra45
2011-05-11, 02:34 AM
"Uh..." Gwyn didn't have a flight spell, she didn't find it a necessary spell for her to have because it was a novelty spell compared to ability for spontaneous teleportation. She was a sorcerer/alchemist, not some wizard who could pull any spell out their flank conveniently. Yes she did not like having a set spell list with a set number she could have. She was impaired with the fact that if she wanted to learn a new spell she'd have to drop one she already knew and spend hours to days learning the new one depending on the difficulty. Yes...the Great and Powerful Gwyn...was not so...great but...she had to be, she had to.

The plum pony cleared her mind and looked at the farmer pony. "I'm...afraid...I did not select that novelty spell to be part of my...repertoire," She admitted. She scowled for a moment but it was too late to take it back.

...Her cutie mark is a Cauldron for a reason and not something more akin to wizard 'images'. *chuckle*

Knack Tinker

"Aw well. A day or two it is then. Ah'll git beck to ya soon as ah can. Though if you find something, maybe even a potion for temporary wings, ah'd be grateful."

Mindfreak
2011-05-11, 05:16 AM
"Ah, excuse me. My name is Mariacne, most people call me Mariacne, I would like to buy 10 carrots, 9 potatoes, 3 onions, and a watermelon."
Mariacne pays Knack however much he wishes for the vegetables and the watermelon and then Mariacne will canter away back to Minstrone's house where he will put the produce in the fridge.

Benson
2011-05-11, 08:37 AM
Knack Tinker

"Aw well. A day or two it is then. Ah'll git beck to ya soon as ah can. Though if you find something, maybe even a potion for temporary wings, ah'd be grateful."

Gwyn had a cross look on her face but really it was just a moment of thinking.

"I'll be back." She simple stated as she disappeared.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 09:31 AM
Knack Tinker
Knack sold the produce to the pony as he asked, and didn't charge much at all.

Gwyn had a cross look on her face but really it was just a moment of thinking.

"I'll be back." She simple stated as she disappeared.

Knack head tilted and blinked.

"Could she really?"

Benson
2011-05-11, 01:09 PM
Gwynfillion-Returning from her foray in her tower/THAT one thread.

Now let's ignore the space-time continuum where in Gwyn's tower at least an hour or so past when here at the Farm not much has changed, lol.

"You, farmer-pony...I mean...Mister Tinker, here take this, drink it, its potent, should last you ten hours being so," Her tone was forceful and direct. She really didn't need it to be ten hours but, I'll leave this sentence unfinished. She handed him the five vials but really he only needed one.

"Now I'm not doing this because I give a manure about your wish to have wings but because I want that ground mica soon. I'm not doing you a favor, I'm doing me a favor," The haughty pony declared. But really Gwynfillion...why give the genderbent farmer four extra vials then? You're such a confusing pony Gwynfillion. She kept a scowl on her face for good measure.

sildra45
2011-05-11, 01:24 PM
Gwynfillion-Returning from her foray in her tower/THAT one thread.

Now let's ignore the space-time continuum where in Gwyn's tower at least an hour or so past when here at the Farm not much has changed, lol.

"You, farmer-pony...I mean...Mister Tinker, here take this, drink it, its potent, should last you ten hours being so," Her tone was forceful and direct. She really didn't need it to be ten hours but, I'll leave this sentence unfinished. She handed him the five vials but really he only needed one.

"Now I'm not doing this because I give a manure about your wish to have wings but because I want that ground mica soon. I'm not doing you a favor, I'm doing me a favor," The haughty pony declared. But really Gwynfillion...why give the genderbent farmer four extra vials then? You're such a confusing pony Gwynfillion. She kept a scowl on her face for good measure.
Knack Tinker

Knack looked at the vials, then back to Gwyn..vials..Gwyn...lather, rinse, repeat...ahem.

Knack's face lit up like a bonfire, her filly side managing to win over as she did the 'omgomgomgomg' routine...then she settled down long enough to say "Did I really just do that?".

She shook her mane and quickly took the vials into her home, stashing four safely away, while coming back out with one.

"Ten hours ya say? Well, here goes nothin'."

She popped open a vial and drank up, not too worried about what it might taste like....

Benson
2011-05-11, 01:40 PM
Knack Tinker

Knack looked at the vials, then back to Gwyn..vials..Gwyn...lather, rinse, repeat...ahem.

Knack's face lit up like a bonfire, her filly side managing to win over as she did the 'omgomgomgomg' routine...then she settled down long enough to say "Did I really just do that?".

She shook her mane and quickly took the vials into her home, stashing four safely away, while coming back out with one.

"Ten hours ya say? Well, here goes nothin'."

She popped open a vial and drank up, not too worried about what it might taste like....

They don't taste that good but then against this isn't culinary science, its Alca-Science or whatever. Probably tastes like paper.

Gwyn just raised her brow and rolled her eyes waiting for it to take effect on the pony.

RdMarquis
2011-05-11, 09:21 PM
Another sound puzzle? Charger immediately turned her speakers back on, getting some vocal music going.

The wall remained, unmoved by the music. Wind tried to tell Charger to make it louder before giving up and communicating his request by pantomime. He held both hooves to his mouth as if he was yelling, then he made lifting motions with them.

The watcher, meanwhile leapt from one shadow to the next. Although he had started from the back of the room, he was slowly, but surely getting closer to the explorers.

Hawkflight
2011-05-11, 09:50 PM
Dawn Blossom sat there in thought for a moment, trying to puzzle out this ... puzzle. She glanced up, looking around for anything that would help, and as she did, she spotted a ... a figure, in the shadows, watching them. She walked over to Charger and have her a sharp nudge, pointing out the figure to her and Wind.

Thanqol
2011-05-11, 10:06 PM
Charger turned the volume up as requested, and then dropped into a wary crouch when Dawn pointed out the monster. The device on her back whirred a bit louder as all her buzzers charged with electricity.

RdMarquis
2011-05-11, 10:39 PM
Wind shakes his head and points down, indicating that Charger should lower the volume. It appeared his hunch was wrong. The unicorn tried to come up with another solution, but it was hard to think when something possibly hostile was staring at you.

Sharp claws extended from the creature's hands as it slunk further back into the darkness.

Hawkflight
2011-05-11, 10:42 PM
Dawn Blossom frowned, taking point. If this creature tried to attack her or her friends, she'd judo throw it across the room. Then she had an idea, remembering Quillopolis transcribing what one pony said earlier.

"Dr. Quillopololis?" she tried to say. "Can you transcribe what I'm saying?"

RdMarquis
2011-05-12, 12:03 AM
The quill scribbled those words onto a piece of paper. In short, yes.

Meanwhile, Wind strummed his guitar, readying a blast of sound.

Orzel
2011-05-12, 12:03 AM
Rainbow/Streets

The pink filly ran and ran toward the farm. She galloped so fast see didn't see her sister in front of her. Ooof Owweee

The purple pony slid back a little from the impact. Where ya going so fast lil sis?

Rainbow collected herself and got up. We ran out of onions. Going to the farm.

Grills sent you alone. Well I'll come with. And the two ponies cantered away to Knack's Farm.

Purple & Rainbow/Farm

It didn't take them long to get there. The place was large and they didn't know where Knack was, Anypony here? We want to buy some onions.

Thanqol
2011-05-12, 12:06 AM
Charger suddenly facehoofed. She turned the music off and turned to Quillopolis, trying to vocalise, "I get it. Quillopolis, could you please ask the monster to push the button for us?"

RdMarquis
2011-05-12, 12:12 AM
I could, but I doubt it would do much good. It has to be forced to do so.

At the same time Quillopolis wrote those words, Wind "said" them, without any idea of why they would need to do so.

Thanqol
2011-05-12, 12:18 AM
"Each of these challenges are overcoming a deficiency... if we're not able to talk to the thing then we'd naturally fight it and screw the puzzle up. We have to talk it around, somehow," Charger said to Quillopolis, certain she'd figured out the pattern in these puzzles.

sildra45
They don't taste that good but then against this isn't culinary science, its Alca-Science or whatever. Probably tastes like paper.

Gwyn just raised her brow and rolled her eyes waiting for it to take effect on the pony.

Knack Tinker

Knack coughed a couple times at the taste.

"Augh! It's like medicine....though the worse medicine tastes, the stronger it usually is...and that was just...ack!"

She shook her mane again, wriggling her shoulders and twitching her tail.

"Wow, that feels really weird."

And a few seconds more of shoulder wriggling, she sprouted translucent red wings to match her coat, and she 'eeped' at the feelings they produced. Looking back, and seeing the wings, she tried flapping them, and succeeding, 'acked' and wriggled even more.

"oh..ohohoh. That's soooooooooo weird!"

Hawkflight
Dawn Blossom thought for a moment. "How can you understand what we're saying?" she asked Dr. Quillopolis.

Rodny
2011-05-12, 12:21 AM
Bridle Shores Outskirts

Rodny Al'Dar had been ashamed of himself for the entire journey to Bridle Shores... Lady Celestia and a few of his friends had forced him to go on vacation.
He looked at the tiny village that resembled the one near Lady Celestia's castle. He then simply started slowly walking towards the village, with his backpack on his side.

Benson
2011-05-12, 12:25 AM
Knack Tinker

Knack coughed a couple times at the taste.

"Augh! It's like medicine....though the worse medicine tastes, the stronger it usually is...and that was just...ack!"

She shook her mane again, wriggling her shoulders and twitching her tail.

"Wow, that feels really weird."

And a few seconds more of shoulder wriggling, she sprouted translucent red wings to match her coat, and she 'eeped' at the feelings they produced. Looking back, and seeing the wings, she tried flapping them, and succeeding, 'acked' and wriggled even more.

"oh..ohohoh. That's soooooooooo weird!"

"Yes....yes...well I trust that you'll eventually get the hang of them yourself as I don't care to provide an instruction manual," She snorted for a moment, also chuckled a little that it tastes like yucky medicine. "Well...I'm not going to stay here all day...I'll give you four hours...or five..probably four, only because I know you'll first have to get used to them before you can go off to flying and looking for the mica."

If Knack doesn't say anything or asks a question that regards her, she'll just teleport away.

sildra45
2011-05-12, 12:33 AM
"Yes....yes...well I trust that you'll eventually get the hang of them yourself as I don't care to provide an instruction manual," She snorted for a moment, also chuckled a little that it tastes like yucky medicine. "Well...I'm not going to stay here all day...I'll give you four hours...or five..probably four, only because I know you'll first have to get used to them before you can go off to flying and looking for the mica."

If Knack doesn't say anything or asks a question that regards her, she'll just teleport away.

Knack Tinker

"Uh...ok...Four hours it is then ma'am...oh, how DO these things work?"

She was flapping them all whichways, trying to get used to their feelings.

"Oh, this is not at all what I imagined."

[yes....I DID make that reference. ^^ ]

Orzel
2011-05-12, 12:33 AM
Bridle Shores Outskirts

Rodny Al'Dar had been ashamed of himself for the entire journey to Bridle Shores... Lady Celestia and a few of his friends had forced him to go on vacation.
He looked at the tiny village that resembled the one near Lady Celestia's castle. He then simply started slowly walking towards the village, with his backpack on his side.

Orange Legs

Orange was rummaging through the bushes. He was looking for fine twigs for twig soup. He headbutted a tree over and shook in his teeth. Fruit flew everywhere. No twigs. Vashugana tree! he shouted.

The old stallion spotted the pony heading to town. Orange asked him a question the nicest way his accent allowed. Hey pony. You have twigs?

RdMarquis
2011-05-12, 12:36 AM
I am a magical item designed to aid in communication. Translating words into a form my master or mistress will understand is my primary duty.

Wind thought back to an old myth about a unicorn bard. If he recalled correctly, the musician from ages past charmed stones into breaking themselves into bricks and arranging themselves into a wall. Could he use a similar trick here? Wind Dancer played a mellow, slow tune, drawing paper out of his saddlebags with magic.

"Keep the monster distracted please. I have an idea." They didn't need a wall that would hold off an invasion. Just something to keep the shadowy creature at bay for a moment.

Rodny
2011-05-12, 12:39 AM
Orange Legs

Orange was rummaging through the bushes. He was looking for fine twigs for twig soup. He headbutted a tree over and shook in his teeth. Fruit flew everywhere. No twigs. Vashugana tree! he shouted.

The old stallion spotted the pony heading to town. Orange asked him a question the nicest way his accent allowed. Hey pony. You have twigs?

Rodny looked at the orange stallion and said suprised, Twigs?

Benson
2011-05-12, 12:39 AM
Knack Tinker

"Uh...ok...Four hours it is then ma'am...oh, how DO these things work?"

She was flapping them all whichways, trying to get used to their feelings.

"Oh, this is not at all what I imagined."

[yes....I DID make that reference. ^^ ]

"I don't know I'm not a pegasus but continue to practice flapping them and controlling them, hence why I alloted two extra hours as you said you could probably find mica in two hours." She was slightly annoyed but did her best to be civil. "If you'll excuse me I can't help but have a bad feeling about my tower. Good luck, miss/sir whatever." With that she blinked out and disappeared.

Orzel
2011-05-12, 12:45 AM
Rodny looked at the orange stallion and said suprised, Twigs?

You know. Twig. How you say? "Small Tree" Good in soup. Good in bread. Throw at ursa. Orange tried to explain. Unfortunately normal ponies don't eat twigs like he does.

Rodny
2011-05-12, 12:48 AM
Rodny looked at the stallion and said. Um... No, sorry. Why don't you try the forest? Rodny was hoping that this wasn't a "ordinary" Briddle Shores citizen.

Orzel
2011-05-12, 12:53 AM
Rodny looked at the stallion and said. Um... No, sorry. Why don't you try the forest? Rodny was hoping that this wasn't a "ordinary" Briddle Shores citizen.

You new? I, Orange Legs, own junk shop. You need stuff. I sell stuff. You buy. You buy. Orange said as he shoved the pony into town in the direction of his house and shop. He was a bit heavier than most ponies he pushed to his shop. You heavy. You army or something.