PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf: The Apocalypse Metis question

tcrudisi
2011-05-02, 12:45 AM
The book says that homids undergo their first change between 10-16 years old. Lupus do it between 1-2 years. It makes no mention of Metis.

How old are Metis when they gain the ability to change shape? Also, how old are they when they join a pack?

Thanks in advance!

LibraryOgre
2011-05-02, 01:57 PM
From my understanding, Metis are able to change from birth. Since their natural form is crinos, they have to be able to switch to "hide", though I imagine changing a young metis is something of an adventure in and of itself.

"Tonight, your pack has a very special duty: Babysitting. There are three metis cubs in your sept (much to EVERYONE's shame), so you have to keep them from killing the kinfolk as they wrestle."

WinWin
2011-05-02, 05:01 PM
Yeah, metis are raised by a caern/tribe. They join a pack whenever they complete the relevant Rite, or simply when their character is made and joings the 'party.'

I'm not clear on how and when they reach physical maturity. You could use the parents as a guideline, or split the difference and call it 9-10.

stainboy
2011-05-02, 06:41 PM
From my understanding, Metis are able to change from birth. Since their natural form is crinos, they have to be able to switch to "hide", though I imagine changing a young metis is something of an adventure in and of itself.

"Tonight, your pack has a very special duty: Babysitting. There are three metis cubs in your sept (much to EVERYONE's shame), so you have to keep them from killing the kinfolk as they wrestle."

Bonus points if your caern is urban. Even if it's six months old and looks like a mutant chihuahua it still triggers the Delirium.

LibraryOgre
2011-05-02, 07:33 PM
Bonus points if your caern is urban. Even if it's six months old and looks like a mutant chihuahua it still triggers the Delirium.

"I don't know what the hell it was, but it gnawed on my ankles and piddled on my shoes... and I couldn't stop screaming." :smalltongue: