PDA

View Full Version : Firefox search function question

Warlawk
2011-05-02, 04:42 AM
Well, I didn't really see any boards that would be a better spot for this but GiTP is one of the more high traffic boards I hit up so I figured it was worth a shot.

Using the most recent updated firefox search functionality, by this I mean the ctrl F search function to find things on a page. Is it possible to search for more than one term at the same time?

For instance if I wanted to search for:
Barbarian
Berserker
Rage

to find all instances of those words on the page, is that possible? I've not been able to make it work, but I'm a pretty casual user so it's very possible there's a function somewhere that might exist. I use the ctrl F search to find things on a page pretty frequently and it would be great to be able to search more than one term. Could work if it was an addon as well I suppose. Anyone here got any insight on this one?

Ranger Mattos
2011-05-02, 07:05 AM
Yes, I just tested it. Just type all the terms in, nothing else. For barbarian, berserker, and rage, you would type "barbarian berserker rage".

Spartacus
2011-05-02, 07:22 AM
Doesn't that search for all the places those three words are next to each other, not where each of those three individual words appears?

factotum
2011-05-02, 12:09 PM
Doesn't that search for all the places those three words are next to each other, not where each of those three individual words appears?

Yes, it does...try doing a search for "firefox search" in this thread and you get no results, despite both words appearing in it!

Warlawk
2011-05-02, 12:51 PM

Yes it does, that being the issue. Also tried out , and ; between terms and got nothing. Not a big deal, just would have been a convenience thing so I figured I would toss it out there and see if anyone knew of a feature like that.

Ranger Mattos
2011-05-02, 09:37 PM

Huh, that's true.

And I just checked the Firefox web site. Not possible, unfortunately.

grimbold
2011-05-05, 01:53 PM
this new version of firefox hurts my head

nedz
2011-05-07, 11:10 PM
this new version of firefox hurts my head

Well I'm still using 3.6.17 and its no different.
Maybe there's a plug-in you can download ?

Well I've had a quick look, but I didn't find one. There are several hundred PlugIns out there though so do have a look.