PDA

View Full Version : MRQ2,help me stat out a Pixie :)

bansidhe
2011-05-02, 06:50 AM
Ok,after long deliberation,I have decided too buy MRQ2 for my family too play.

One catch,i relly need a pixie/Faerie type for my 8yr old daughter too play,reading up while waiting for the books too arrive I happened across Timinits[sp?],specifically the mayfly type one...now that almost sounds like a MTG fey too me ,and,if it makes her happy...I,ll adapt it.

Dunno what book its in atm,as i said still waiting for the basics too arrive so i thought I would run it past you lot,if you cant come up with something,no-one can!

So,D&D Pixie converted too MRQ2...any advice and ideas ,more than welcome!

Need career,origins the lot!

Must be able too use a bow and do spells![shes reading over my shoulder :D]

Thanks in advance!:)

UserClone
2011-05-02, 11:07 AM
It would help if I had any idea what MRQ (2 or otherwise) was...

bansidhe
2011-05-02, 01:43 PM
Mongoose runequest 2,I thought that was the standard abbreviation for it?

UserClone
2011-05-02, 01:55 PM
Oh. In that case, I have no idea how to stat up anything. I only have Runequest 1, the mongoose version, and I still haven't ever fully read it, let alone played it. I guess it didn't really grab me.

randomhero00
2011-05-02, 02:15 PM
As far as MRQ2 I have no idea. But pixies have high dexterity, low constitution. With some sort of magical way to hide.

UserClone
2011-05-02, 02:46 PM
Also, while it is tangential to the point of your OP, have you considered a game like Faery's Tale? That game rocks, is great for kids, and let's your daughter be a tinkerbell style pixie. PDF is 10 bucks I believe, dead tree version 20. Can't recommend it highly enough as a family game.

bansidhe
2011-05-02, 08:27 PM
Got that,we,re moving on ,partly at her request.She likes maths and i can sneak in some greek/roman/dark ages history.She is going through a fairy period atm though.

After some browsing the web,i may just adapt one of the elves for her,she,s already painting the mini for it! and wants too watch "clash of the titans"...again! :)

Tanngrisnir
2011-05-03, 11:39 PM
She sounds awesome, by the way.

bansidhe
2011-05-04, 07:11 PM
She is,scarily so some times EG:

Me:Ok,your pixie is grabbed by the giant!,what do you do?

Her:I zap it with my wand!

Me:Oh no your wand goes "fizzle" because you,ve used it too much today!,what do you do?[thinking in my innocence that she would pull her knife or something]

Her:Oh..ok..is it tryin too put me in its mouth?

Me:Yes,im afraid it is ..quick ,what do you do?

Her:I stick my wand in its eye!

Me:.....?!