PDA

View Full Version : Godsblood Spelltheft Recommendations

Diarmuid
2011-05-02, 10:39 AM
I'm building a Spellthief with Godsblood Spelltheft (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606)/Sorcerer using the Divine Companion ACF from Comp Champ for a nice Arcane Rogue build with some divine flavor.

I'm considering also taking the Domain Access Sorc ACF from CCHamp at Sorc lvl 5.

What I'm having a hard time with is deciding with Deity to venerate and what domains to pick for GDST and Domain Access. I'd like to stick to mostly Good/Neutral gods if possible, and the DM has said I do have to stick to the list of gods in the GBST feat writeup.

Pechvarry
2011-05-02, 12:55 PM
I'm not very capable of advice on this front, but I can try to give you a fixed link: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606

Diarmuid
2011-05-02, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the assist on the link. I fixed the one in the OP.

So, anyone have any domain recommendations?

Pechvarry
2011-05-02, 10:07 PM
Me again. I'm just looking at domains instead of deities, since I'm not too hot with the Faerun pantheon. My first 2 suggestions: Healing and Magic. Healing because it's a whole new role -- if you have an ally wizard, for example, this provides a very decent means of turning excess spell levels into party endurance.

>.< I just realized how few times you can do that. Ugh, this feat wouldn't be overpowered if it were unlimited. You still have to find the spell levels, afterall. Back to my list...

Magic domain just seems like fun for a spell-thief. I think I like it because it allows you to harass a mage (steal spell) and use the fruits of it to harass the same mage further (dispel magic). Plus, one must wonder if it's legal to use Imbue With Spell Ability to dump stolen spells. I think most of the rest of it is quite nice for surviving the chase against casters.

War domain gets divine power! Fin

In general, I think the less sor/wiz spells on the list, the better... but if you can find a domain with a particular spell that you expect to WANT more than you expect to find, then that would be the best pick.

Diarmuid
2011-05-03, 09:45 AM
The other side of it is the Domain Access Sorc ACF where I'll actually get the domain's granted power as well.

Healing does seem like it could be a nice stop gap, but I think I can guarantee one of the other characters will be playing either a druid or a cleric, and with the Divine Companion I'll still be able to heal myself reliably.

The reason I asked about specific deities is that I need to pick two domains for the two different abilities and in theory both should come from the same deity's profile.