PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout

Yora
2011-05-02, 11:36 AM
I'm about to finally finish the big stack of papers I have to write, and plan to get me Wipeout HD tomorow for the occasion.

The ratings are great, it looks really good, is not another Ralley or Formula-1 game, and most importantly has a split screen mode!
I found it when looking for a game that would possibly be at least a bit like the old Star Wars Racer game, but for the PS3 with split screen multiplayer. And not only does Wipeout HD look a lot like Racer, it has very similar track designs, and even sounds almost entirely like Racer. Learning that the series has been around for over 15 years, it seems as if Racer was just another Wipeout game with a Star Wars licence.

I'm allready exited to once again fly a rocket with seatbelts at 500 km/h again. :smallbiggrin:

Anyone else played the game(s)?

MrPig
2011-05-02, 05:01 PM
Might as well get Wipeout Fury as well, I enjoyed it much more than the stand alone Wipeout HD.

As a side note; the PSN and PS Store are down until ... We don't know when.

arguskos
2011-05-02, 05:07 PM
Wipeout Pure for the PSP is my favorite game for that system, and among my top ten or so games ever. Earthquakes are so hax. :smallbiggrin:

Comet
2011-05-02, 05:12 PM
Wipeout is some of the best racing game fun you can have, yeah. Then again, I might not be the best authority on the subject since the only racing games I have ever properly liked are along the lines of F-Zero and Mario Kart. Some people prefer real cars, but I suppose that's not relevant to you since you named the Star Wars racing game as your inspiration for picking this up :smalltongue:

In any case it's good, fast, great looking sci-fi blasting fun. Definitely worth picking up, almost any version even though I'm sure others can point you in the direction of the best one up to date.

Yora
2011-05-03, 02:45 AM
Might as well get Wipeout Fury as well, I enjoyed it much more than the stand alone Wipeout HD.

As a side note; the PSN and PS Store are down until ... We don't know when.
Apparently it has since been released on disk as a bundle. Though not entirely sure if it's sold in Germany. I'm going to try to find it, and if not it's up for downloading next week, hopefully.

Yora
2011-05-03, 12:59 PM
Okay, now I have it. Great game, just 15€.

I soon noticed that mastering air breaking is probably the most critical skill for this game.
In the highscores for the tracks, I am always listed as "Player". Is there a way to get yourself listed under a specific name without being connected to the internet? That anoyed me with Mirror's Edge as well.