PDA

View Full Version : Hello And Welcome New Members Thread 9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

LibraryOgre
2011-05-02, 03:36 PM
Welcome to the eighth ninth incarnation of the popular Welcome thread for new members.

If you are new, feel free to post your greetings and salutations here.

If you are old, feel free to stop by from time to time and welcome the new folks to the playground.

Regardless of your current status, new or old, welcome to the Playground.

(Please do keep non-salutation conversations to a minimum, here, random banter is there for a reason. Also, be kind to new posters. I believe new posters are our future; treat them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride. stopmebeforeIquotethisentiresongwhatonearthdidfour thgradedotome)

Asarlai
2011-05-02, 03:38 PM
Welcome, New Members!

Dallas-Dakota
2011-05-02, 04:01 PM
As you enter through a rather large pair of beige doors, with the title ''Forums'' above them, you see a round room with doors with their individual title above them.

The next thing that catches your eye is a a length of text

Forum Rules
Trolls and careless people, beware.

As you skim through them you think, oh that's not so hard. But oh be carefull, for while these moderators try to be kind, they will also be strict and punish the deserving. Give the rules a good read through. You'd rather not get banned, now will you?

As you now look to the door to your right, you see Friendly Banter, for everything that doesn't fit into the rest.(And that small that does not have a thread or is not big enough to deserve it's own one, goes into Random Banter, a passerby tells you.)

Thinking the best idea would be to stroll through the forums you pass through the Media Discussions board, the various gaming boards, the homebrewing board, arts & crafts and a many other. At the end you see ''Silly Message Board Games''.

You end up hanging out there a bit, and there you learn a important lesson, have fun and don't be afraid to ask a question or strike up a private conversation, as most of us are a friendly bunch and don't mind answering a question or two either.

A cookiemonster who was previously discussing something with a Troglodyte and rather Serpentine being, breaks off towards you.

''Hiya there, I see you're new! Welcome, here, have a cookie! And don't forget to pet the llama when you see him!''

The cookiemonster quickly returns to his conversation, leaving you to your own devices.

Have fun!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-05-02, 05:08 PM
DD makes me wish I had more of a persona than a skull.

blackfox
2011-05-02, 05:10 PM
Him and Trog both do that to me.

Qaera
2011-05-02, 06:57 PM
I guess I'm new here sooooo hey. I normally draw my posts as I suck major at typing but can't while I'm at my moms house so yeah.
Hey.

Savannah
2011-05-02, 07:07 PM
Hi, AThousandWords! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile:

I saw some of your drawn posts; they're pretty cool :smallbiggrin:

Qaera
2011-05-02, 07:10 PM

Asarlai
2011-05-02, 07:23 PM
Salutations, AThousandWords!

buwaro
2011-05-02, 07:43 PM
so, does anybody know how to make a new forum page? i want to start a forum to create a dnd type game...and i was hoping to use the bright minds of the land of forums to problem solve...once someone tells me, i will post the link on this post, so stay tuned if you want to help out!!!

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-05-02, 07:48 PM
so, does anybody know how to make a new forum page? i want to start a forum to create a dnd type game...and i was hoping to use the bright minds of the land of forums to problem solve...once someone tells me, i will post the link on this post, so stay tuned if you want to help out!!!

If you mean create a new THREAD, there's a button both above and below all the little green and brown circles for each thread. Exactly what are you planning to do with this thread? If it's making a new game ruleset, it goes in the Homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)forum.

Asarlai
2011-05-02, 10:45 PM
Hello, buwaro!

Flame of Anor
2011-05-03, 12:04 AM
As you enter through a rather large pair of beige doors, with the title ''Forums'' above them, you see a round room with doors with their individual title above them.

The next thing that catches your eye is a a length of text

Forum Rules
Trolls and careless people, beware.

>Exits are North, South, and East.
>What do you want to do?
>welcome new member
>I don't see a new here.
>look
>You see several newmembers.
>welcome newmember
>Which newmember do you want to welcome?
>welcome all

Pheehelm
2011-05-03, 01:26 PM
Not new per se, but it would appear I'm back, after a stint somewhere outside walking distance of human civilization, that lasted about three times as long as it was supposed to.

Yay, civilization!

Asarlai
2011-05-03, 01:33 PM
Welcome Back to Civilization, Pheehelm!

Bobby Archer
2011-05-04, 02:38 PM
Wow, I seem to have joined at a fortuitous time. I expected the "hello" thread to be pages and pages deep.

Neat!

Oh yeah, and hello, all.

Savannah
2011-05-04, 03:08 PM
Hi, Bobby Archer! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile: (You'd still have gotten a reply, even if it was 49 pages long :smallwink:)

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-04, 03:13 PM
This is just the latest incarnation of the new members thread.

Hiya Bobby Archer!

CrimsonAngel
2011-05-04, 03:21 PM
Hey, all you attractive new kids. :smallwink:

AlhazTheRed
2011-05-04, 06:15 PM
Hello all, first forum I've ever been on, please don't make me regret it too much :wink:

Savannah
2011-05-04, 06:18 PM
Hi, AlhazTheRed! Welcome to your first forum ever :smallbiggrin:

Don't worry, we'll try not to make you regret it at all :smalltongue:

ElecrougeSickle
2011-05-04, 06:42 PM
Uh..hi?

I've been lurking on Giantitp for a while, and to a lesser extent, the forums.
Now while I am new here I am not new to forums rules and regulations, though when I was typing my sig I noticed "You have one censored word, please fix that" or something, which caught me off guard. Every forum I had been to in the past allowed swearing so I wonder if that is a sig-specific thing or a certain thread specific thing or if it applies to the whole forum.

Anyway yeah, my name is something I put together in a few minutes.
Usually I go by "Stinkosar" But I was tired of being mistaken for a Smelly Dinosaur, which is what the name ISN'T. So I decided to come up with this.
I was thinking of I how I play rouge-ish mostly, and how I like sickles.
And then I thought of how awesome electric charged sickles would be.
Than I thought how awesome a electric rouge using electric sickles would be.
Originally there was a space in there but character limit, so, yeah.

And that is my "brief" introduction.

Savannah
2011-05-04, 06:46 PM
Hiya, ElecrougeSickle! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

While you may be familiar with other forum rules, the ones here are a little bit tighter than most others I've seen, so I'd definitely suggest checking them out. There's a link at the top of every page, or right here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) :smallsmile:

ElecrougeSickle
2011-05-04, 06:55 PM
Hiya, ElecrougeSickle! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

While you may be familiar with other forum rules, the ones here are a little bit tighter than most others I've seen, so I'd definitely suggest checking them out. There's a link at the top of every page, or right here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1) :smallsmile:

Holy Hillary Duff on a stick those are some rules there.

Savannah
2011-05-04, 06:58 PM
This is also my favorite forum ever with the friendliest atmosphere. Coincidence? I doubt it :smallsmile:

ElecrougeSickle
2011-05-04, 06:59 PM
This is also my favorite forum ever with the friendliest atmosphere. Coincidence? I doubt it :smallsmile:

I noticed whilst lurking this forum lacked jerks and trolls...
I love this.

Namuh
2011-05-05, 08:24 AM
Hello, people!

I have been reading both the comic and the forum for some time, and decided to make a profile here myself. It seems like such a nice place, especially for RPG discussions (I've taken up DnD-ing again this year. Much fun.)

:smile:

Savannah
2011-05-05, 09:23 AM
Hi, Namuh! Welcome to the forums :smallsmile: 'tis indeed a nice place; hope you like it here!

Asarlai
2011-05-05, 02:21 PM
Welcome, Bobby Archer!

Hail, AlhazTheRed!

Bonjour, ElecrougeSickle!

Velkommen, Namuh!

Megaemperor
2011-05-06, 01:21 AM
Well I have been lurking here for a long time now and I finally decided to make my own account. Hope we have a great time and I do apologize in advance for my horrible grammar and English. English is my second tongue and I am still learning.

Savannah
2011-05-06, 01:29 AM
Hi, Megaemperor! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:
Don't worry, your english is totally fine so far :smallsmile:

Asarlai
2011-05-06, 12:19 PM
Welcome, Megaemperor!

MoonCat
2011-05-06, 03:14 PM
Oh look, a fresh thread, and new Playgrounders I can sink my teeth into. Welcome everyone!

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-06, 03:39 PM
Welcome, Bobby Archer!

Hail, AlhazTheRed!

Bonjour, ElecrougeSickle!

Velkommen, Namuh!

I bow down to your superior coloured text skills.

Welcome lurkers!

@^ MoonCat: Eating people is wrong.

Kancsar
2011-05-06, 07:53 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster

anyway to alter the value of '* in the playground' ?

Savannah
2011-05-06, 07:58 PM
Hi, Kancsar! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

Here's an explanation of the user titles. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)

Kancsar
2011-05-06, 08:07 PM
@savannah. Thanks! Now to start accumulating post count.

Asarlai
2011-05-06, 08:58 PM
Salutations, Kancsar!

RLivengood
2011-05-07, 05:06 PM
Hi. I'm another lurker.

Savannah
2011-05-07, 05:07 PM
Hello, RLivengood :smallsmile: Always glad to see people de-lurking :smallwink: Welcome to the Playground!

Asarlai
2011-05-07, 05:54 PM
Hello, RLivengood!

myancey
2011-05-07, 08:26 PM
Hey guys.

I'm new too. Been playing 3.5 d&d a while and decided to join in the forums to contribute to the bastion of information on the game and learn a ton of new stuff too.

One question--how does your "pixie in the playground" status change? Is it through the number of posts, how often you post, or time spent in the forums?

Asarlai
2011-05-07, 09:10 PM
Greetings, myancey!

As for your title: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659

myancey
2011-05-07, 09:35 PM
Thanks! This is my first forum so I'm still trying to get the feel for it. Appreciate the link.

Lonely Tylenol
2011-05-08, 12:27 AM
Greetings and salutations from Hawai'i! Part-time lurker; I invariably wind up on one of this forum's fine threads following a Google search of one of my many questions. I figured since everyone here seems to know what's up, it's a good place to learn.

I play 3.5 as a Wizard and Pathfinder as a Rogue, and am building my own world and campaign setting from the 3.5/Pathfinder rule set, so you'll probably see a lot of me as I pop in and leech as much valuable information engage in friendly conversation wherever possible. :smallsmile:

Strawberries
2011-05-08, 12:29 AM
Hello, Lonely Tylenol! Welcome to the forum! :smallsmile:

Asarlai
2011-05-08, 01:49 AM
Hail, Lonely Tylenol!

Serpentine
2011-05-08, 01:53 AM
anyway to alter the value of '* in the playground' ?
Here's an explanation of the user titles. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659)
[5 posts]

One question--how does your "pixie in the playground" status change? Is it through the number of posts, how often you post, or time spent in the forums?Is this some sort of record? :confused: :smalltongue:
'ello all. Don't forget to read the rules - and other posts :smallwink:

Qau
2011-05-09, 09:11 AM
I was informed I could not type in all caps on this forum, which disappoints me greatly.
I am an eccentric, who delights in things which are off their center, and I am a friend of a few other members of the playground, who have recently convinced me to finally jump on and play some games
and sometimes
my words begin
to fall apart and I begin to troll
but
I promise I won't
here because
that would be bad
and I think my girlfriend might be bad for me
like a desert wind
but she smells so sweet and
I love her so.

Killer Angel
2011-05-09, 10:43 AM
Indeed, an interesting presentation, Qau... welcome to the forum! :smallwink:

@savannah. Thanks! Now to start accumulating post count.

I don't know if this is the right kind of answer... :smalltongue:

Kregor
2011-05-09, 12:08 PM
Hi.
Long time reader... first time Poster.
I've been using this site for a long time while working on ideas for D&D 3.5 campaigns, but thought it's about high-time I start taking part in all the fun!
Also, I've finally made the move to 4th, so I might be starting to ask questions soon...

Strawberries
2011-05-09, 12:10 PM
Hello, Kregor! Welcome to the playground! :smallsmile:

jerriecan
2011-05-09, 02:20 PM
Hi! Longtime gamer, recent convert to the Order of the Stick. These forums looked nice and inviting, so I thought I'd stay a bit, get to know everyone. :)

Started with Rifts half a lifetime ago (when the only books were the main rulebook and Vampire Kingdoms, to give you some idea). Dabbled in Shadowrun, oWoD and CoC in the 90s, moved on to 3E and 3.5 and really haven't left those since. I like to play offbeat characters (a half-orc sorcerer with the nickname Volak the Librarian, which was absolutely accurate, as an example). I also DM, even though most of my games sputter out or go up in blazes of infighting. :smallfrown:

What else? I write, I'm a huge scifi fan (movies, TV and literature), I love creating spacescapes with Photoshop.

It's great to be here! :smallsmile:

Jerriecan

Savannah
2011-05-09, 02:32 PM
Hi, jerriecan! Welcome to the forum :smallbiggrin: Sounds like you'll fit in nicely!

jerriecan
2011-05-09, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Savannah! :smallsmile:

Jerriecan

Asarlai
2011-05-10, 01:12 AM
Welcome, Qau!

Greetings, Kregor!

Hello, jerriecan!

Killer Angel
2011-05-10, 01:57 AM
Started with Rifts half a lifetime ago (when the only books were the main rulebook and Vampire Kingdoms, to give you some idea).
(snip)
It's great to be here! :smallsmile:

Rifts, Palladium eh? So many memories... :smallwink:
Great fluff, bad rules (imo).

Anyway, welcome Jerriecan! :smallsmile:

Vorthon
2011-05-10, 10:24 AM
Hey. I'm a worldbuilder by hobby. I've had experience with GURPS (Mostly just putting together NPCS for a campaign that never got started...), JAGS (Holy F@%k it's complicated), D&D (Revised Third edition, of course.), and my own homebrew system, SIDEWAC (Yay for acronyms! :P ).

I'm also an aspie, and proud of it.

Strawberries
2011-05-10, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, Vorthon! :smallsmile:

Nicklance
2011-05-10, 08:36 PM
Long time lurker here. Finally decided to create an account here. Hello!

jerriecan
2011-05-10, 08:49 PM
Greetings, Vorthan and Nicklance! :smallbiggrin:

Jerriecan

oceanan
2011-05-10, 10:14 PM
What do you want the page, but you learn more it not as easy as you imagine, hardly think it easy to refresh, you do want to do the fighting!

Trog
2011-05-11, 11:06 AM
Him and Trog both do that to me.
<<

Trog reeeaaally wants to turn this quote into some sort of horrible dirty joke... but Trog's pretty sure Trog would get stabbitied. >>;

EndlessWrath
2011-05-12, 02:57 AM
Hey guys! I'm back :smallbiggrin:. It's been a while! I know I didn't announce that I left. I've just been really out of touch recently.. rough semester. But I'm back and posting again. Run for the hills wrath's back >.<

Killer Angel
2011-05-12, 05:16 AM
Welcome back, EndlessWrath! :smallsmile:

cheesymetal
2011-05-12, 10:49 AM
hey everybody. im new to the forums but not to the site. as you can tell by my name, i like cheese and heavy metal.

Jocepi
2011-05-12, 10:56 AM
Hello folks, new here. Is there a thread for uber newbs (to the forum not gaming :) ) that don't know how to use the dice roller and the ooc/spoiler buttons? Other than that I look forward to contributing and gaming with you all.

NVM- I found it in the archives

Strawberries
2011-05-12, 02:12 PM
Hi Jocepi! I'm glad you found it, but just in case here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181299) there is a guide to play by post games that you might find useful. It includes rolling dice, among other things.

Welcome to the forum!

Savannah
2011-05-12, 05:06 PM
Hi, cheesymetal and Jocepi! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile:

Sabersage
2011-05-13, 09:10 AM
Hello,

My name is Sabersage and I'm new to the forums. Why does that sound like a greeting someone would give at AA? Anyway, I'm a first time DM using D&D 3.5. I played D&D wayyyyyy back in the early 90's when 2nd edition was popular. It's awesome to see that there is a supportive community for fledgeling players and experienced alike. 2nd edition seems so complicated now. :P 3.5 doesn't seem to be doing me any favors either (took me almost an hour to explain to someone how domain and spells work for clerics).

I do love roleplaying though and plan on seeing it through.

I use the Forgotten Realms setting. Do people suggest using modules first before designing your own or should one jump into making their own campaings first?

pendell
2011-05-13, 09:15 AM
Welcome aboard!

The honest truth is I've only played homebrew. But I think a module would be a good training wheels for any DM first starting out. Run a module once, and if you can make it fun, consider branching out into your own world.

Still .. it has to be the right module. Some modules are just awful. Any suggestions out there for an intro module for a new DM and his heroes?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Sabersage
2011-05-13, 09:21 AM
What is homebrew?

pendell
2011-05-13, 09:23 AM
What is homebrew?

Something I made up myself for friends, as opposed to a module purchased from Wizards or a third party manufacturer.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Serpentine
2011-05-13, 09:27 AM
Go have a look at the Homebrew section, and be enlightened.
Also remember to read the rules and stuff.

Rahirith
2011-05-13, 11:43 AM
Hi there, you all! I am Rahirith. Um....yeah. I'm new and...stuff? I'm terrible at introductions.

Strawberries
2011-05-13, 12:02 PM
Hello, Rahirith! Welcome to the forum! :smallsmile:

Furgul
2011-05-13, 02:24 PM
hai guys. Name's Furgul. I'm slightly intimidated by the sheer size of this forum. I'm kind of used to posting on much smaller forums. Anyway I'm new and stuff. Don't eat me, I don't taste very nice.

Savannah
2011-05-13, 03:18 PM
Hi, Furgul! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile: Don't be intimidated by the size; everyone here is really nice and you get to know regular posters fairly quickly.

0dity
2011-05-13, 03:22 PM
Hello! this site looks like fun. but i am a noob and may have many questions down the road! hope it wont become to bothersome
:)

Savannah
2011-05-13, 03:38 PM
Hi, 0dity! Questions are always good :smallwink: Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Zen
2011-05-13, 09:58 PM
Hi there, Im new here(really?) umm.. Im here for some homebrew tips and to talk about obscure RPG games, I realy like OTS and my favorite web comic is Holy Bibble:http://www.holybibble.net/ go there take a look ; )

That's it "Hi" o/

Also my english sucks...

Savannah
2011-05-13, 10:27 PM
Hi, Zen! Welcome to the forum :smallbiggrin: It's definitely a good place for homebrew tips here. (And don't worry, your English is perfectly understandable :smallsmile:)

Zarae
2011-05-14, 04:57 PM
saying hi! newbie on here tho been reading the comic

Savannah
2011-05-14, 05:11 PM
Hello, Zarae! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Zarae
2011-05-14, 05:22 PM
Hello, Zarae! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

thanks!
im from the Chosen of Eilistraee (http://www.eilistraee.com/forums/) board so been doing the post by post playing for over a year now. and on a few other posting RP's

Zarae
2011-05-14, 05:44 PM
so how does one go about RPing here... do you post a character sheet, just join in something...?

Savannah
2011-05-14, 06:00 PM
Depends on what you want to play. There's the "Finding Players (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)" subforum for games like D&D, V:tM, and pretty much anything with a GM and a set party, and there's the "Free Form Roleplaying (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)" for continuous games that anyone can join in. I don't know about the Free Form Roleplaying, as I don't ever go there, but for the Finding Players area, you'd just find a game that looks interesting (all the threads there are games that are recruiting players), submit a character sheet, and hope you get picked.

Zarae
2011-05-14, 09:51 PM
okie dokie...and thanks

ProDreamer
2011-05-14, 11:26 PM
Well, here is my obligitory first "welcome and everyone-look-at-me" post. HUGE fan of OOTS (I have it on repeated authority that I act like Durkon.) and interested in being a part of this community.

Savannah
2011-05-14, 11:30 PM
No problem, Zarae!

Hi, ProDreamer! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile:

Snygg
2011-05-15, 01:59 AM
Hey, my name's Snygg. I'm fairly new to tabletop RPGs. I'm looking forward to figuring out this whole play-by-post thing. Also looking forward to getting some resources for a game some friends and I are building.

Strawberries
2011-05-15, 02:16 AM
Welcome to the forum, Snygg!

If you're interested in play-by-posts, there's a link in my signature to the guide we have here, that should explain at least the basics.

I look forward to gaming with you in the future! :smallsmile:

Mendatt
2011-05-15, 06:12 PM
Hello there! My name is shown at the top of this post. I lurk around here a lot, and I mostly joined to get some of my homebrew designs for d20 rated before I showed them to my DM. Which I might get around to. Eventually.

Savannah
2011-05-15, 08:09 PM
Hi, Mendatt! Welcome to the forum :smallbiggrin:

Thistlewhite
2011-05-16, 12:45 AM
I have been a long-time fan, but have been remiss about posting. I'm de-lurking to introduce myself and say hello. Hello! I look forward to joining in the fun, and getting to meet you all. :smalltongue:

Savannah
2011-05-16, 12:55 AM
Hello, Thistlewhite! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Viera Champion
2011-05-16, 06:17 PM
Oh dear... Seems I've been slacking off. When was the last time I greeted someone here? Anyways welcome new members. *cough*

Yes well, to pull some preemptive strike, welcome OverlordRichard, who hasn't actually posted here yet, but is a friend of mine, and will soon. I helped set up his account you see. He's doing an essay, but he will be on eventually.

Cheesus
2011-05-17, 09:43 AM
Hello

I've been a regular on the Team Fortress Chocolate Hammer server for about a year now and everyone on there is pretty cool. So I thought I'd seek out where these guys congregate and here I am. :biggrin:

You've seen me on there as [FLASH] Cheese. Well, Cheese was taken here and I don't run around all over the internet with my clan handle hanging out, so Cheesus it is.

Hmmm, games. I used to play alot of Warhammer 40K and still have like 6000 points of chaos and demons, but have gotten tired of it and they've been gathering dust for awhile. I dabble in Warmachine some with around 40 points of Cryx. My preferred role playing system is Palladium games even though I don't have anyone to play that with anymore.

Most of my gaming is video games anymore, and mostly TF2.

Amiria
2011-05-17, 10:00 AM
Arr !

Hello Cheesus. I have no idea what Team Fortess is and I only have a vague understanding of Warhammer 40k, but you look like a cool frood.

Welcome to the playground, matey. http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j179/Kotzgeist/amiriasmiley.gif

Footstool
2011-05-17, 02:31 PM
Hey guys!

After many escapades to figure out whatever the letters in the six-letter-registration-thingamabobber were, I finally got it right and got on the forums.

Given my interest in oots and the fact that I wanted to learn more about how to play DnD (and maybe post in a few of those fancy PbP games,) I decided to register in the forum. I've played quite a few PbP PnPs before, and DnD seemed like a fun system with which to keep playing.

Yes, I am named after the dream job of the best half orc in all of oots. :thog:

Hopefully you guys are pretty cool, because I'll have to use force to make you be pretty cool otherwise. :smallmad:

Savannah
2011-05-17, 02:37 PM
Hi, Footstool! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: (And we're not just pretty cool, we're really cool :smallwink::smalltongue:)

Kaomaru
2011-05-17, 03:13 PM
Hi.

I like to roleplay.

I write.

I draw stuff.

People tell me I'm gettin' too old for this -sh!-

Will you play with me?

Strawberries
2011-05-17, 03:20 PM
Hi Kaomaru! Welcome!

Of course we'll play with you. :smalltongue: And you can never be too old for this kind of things. :smallsmile:

Dylaer
2011-05-17, 08:01 PM
I suppose introductions are in order...

I play D&D, watch Doctor Who, read Wheel of Time, and really, am an all round geek. I like long walks on the bea No, that's not right.

I also do a lot of 3.5 homebrew - I mean a LOT. And some character stuff too. I hope my stay here will be a pleasant one.

Savannah
2011-05-17, 10:18 PM
Hi, Dylaer! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

I have to confess, with the line through it, I read "bea" as "boa" and was picturing you walking along a giant snake until I figured it out! :smallamused:

Matthias2207
2011-05-18, 10:25 AM
Hello to you all!

I'm fairly new to all the RPG stuff and wasn't even aware of the boardgame RPG's. A friend introduced me to the OotS comics and when I read all af them I began investigating the rest of Giant in the Playground. After a lot of reading I decided I wanted to post something, so...

After many escapades to figure out whatever the letters in the six-letter-registration-thingamabobber were, I finally got it right and got on the forums.
Yeah, I've seen easier ones.

PS: Maybe needs my English some improvements. Correct me when needed.

Savannah
2011-05-18, 02:19 PM
Hi, Matthias2207! Welcome to the forums :smallbiggrin:

B33TL3
2011-05-18, 10:53 PM
Why hello thar! I accidentally found my way here after stumbling into the GiTP Mumble following my brother for lack of people I knew that were good.

So......... >.>

Hai.

MoonCat
2011-05-18, 10:54 PM
Hello and welcome! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197610)

Have fun here!

B33TL3
2011-05-18, 11:08 PM
Ohhaider.

I kind of stumbled upon here by accident. >.>
I mainly play LoL and Minecraft, and my bro somehow ended up on the GitP Mumble with peepz like Irazel, Djinn, Mario, and such, and I followed him in thar, and have played with GitP people on Mumble for 2 months or so. Figured I'd figure what all this is about. :D

GoblinArchmage
2011-05-19, 02:58 AM
Hi. I've browsed the forums on and off for a number of years. I decided that I wanted to get in on some of this. I'm interested in doing some homebrew, but I have absolutely no experience and almost no understanding of balance.

Killer Angel
2011-05-19, 04:00 AM
Welcome B33TL3! May I ask you what kind of user name is yours? :smallsmile:

I'm interested in doing some homebrew, but I have absolutely no experience and almost no understanding of balance.

Welcome GoblinArchmage! We have a whole section dedicated to homebrew, in the Roleplaying forums. :smallwink:

OverlordRichard
2011-05-19, 06:48 AM
Oh dear... Seems I've been slacking off. When was the last time I greeted someone here? Anyways welcome new members. *cough*

Yes well, to pull some preemptive strike, welcome OverlordRichard, who hasn't actually posted here yet, but is a friend of mine, and will soon. I helped set up his account you see. He's doing an essay, but he will be on eventually.

It is my joy and honor to join this community.
It should be yours too.
Much obliged for the hospitality!!

B33TL3
2011-05-19, 08:22 AM
Welcome B33TL3! May I ask you what kind of user name is yours? :smallsmile:

Welcome GoblinArchmage! We have a whole section dedicated to homebrew, in the Roleplaying forums. :smallwink:

If it helps, here's a picture of me.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Dorcus_parallelipipedus02.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm not sure. I wanted some thing with numbers, but not something like [Genericname]4894351564645132

B33TL3 had balance. And it feels like it sounds like it would be cool if I ever get around to my blind Portal 2 LP. Haven't touched it since release.

I know some of the Mumble folk screw with me and say "Hello B-Thirty-Three-T-L-Three," mainly quoting text-to-speech. Can't count the times I've been told to change it so the text-to-speech says "Beetle." XD

McDrax
2011-05-19, 08:23 AM
Hi every one :smallcool:

grimbold
2011-05-19, 10:56 AM
greetings
also
beware of mooncat
she can be a stalker
:smallbiggrin:

MoonCat
2011-05-19, 10:58 AM
That was ONE time!

Viera Champion
2011-05-19, 02:27 PM
It is my joy and honor to join this community.
It should be yours too.
Much obliged for the hospitality!!

Hello Richard ole buddy ole pal! I am currently helping you learn how to use a forum! Who knew?!

Lord Sammy
2011-05-19, 05:10 PM
Please consider toning it down a bit, those blobs that look like O's threw me off several times and made me enter the wrong code. That being said; hello everyone, been following the comic for a few months after an archive binge and I finally decided to get off my ass and sign on to the forums. :)

Gamerlord
2011-05-19, 05:45 PM
Hello & Welcome Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197610)
On the topic, would you rather have spam bots flooding the boards?

Jack Squat
2011-05-19, 05:56 PM
I thought that the login captcha was still the name the characters bit. Did we change from that?

Lord Sammy
2011-05-19, 06:59 PM
Oh ****! I didn't notice this thread. I feel stupid now. :(

Viera Champion
2011-05-19, 07:41 PM
I thought that the login captcha was still the name the characters bit. Did we change from that?

Well let's see, to prove you aren't a spam bot you must:
•Type in characters name
•Type in six character magical optical illusion code
•And say yes in the "Are you human?" box

Killer Angel
2011-05-20, 01:57 AM
I wanted some thing with numbers, but not something like [Genericname]4894351564645132

Well, the final result is nice. :smallwink:

Also: Welcome, Lord Sammy! And don't feel stupid now... there will be time for that. :smalltongue:

synthrael
2011-05-20, 08:49 AM
Hello! The name's Kaye. I'm pretty new to tabletop gaming, but I've already fallen in love with D&D, and hope to DM someday. I look forward to meeting/playing with/chatting with all of y'all! :smallbiggrin:

Mono Vertigo
2011-05-20, 12:58 PM
Heya! I just went through a complete archive binge (after having read 500 strips, give or take, several months ago, and promptly forgetting about the detailed story or the webcomic altogether).
I love roleplay of all kinds and would love to take part to some tabletop (or similar)... alas, I have only ever played at the most 30 minutes of Delta Green with another (unfunny, exceedingly-apathetic) player and her fiancé the GM. :smallfrown:
Heard many good things about this forum, so here I am. :smallsmile:
Finally, insert generic disclaimer about how English isn't my first language, ignore me if I somehow write complete random crap, butcher grammar, blah blah blah.
Nice to meet you!

Strawberries
2011-05-20, 01:35 PM
Hello to both of you, synthrael (or Kaye, what do you prefer?) and Musashi! Welcome to the craziness the forum!
Heads up: people use white text here. A lot.
:smallsmile::smalltongue:

synthrael
2011-05-20, 04:33 PM
Thanks! Either is fine. Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, by the way!:smallwink:

Strawberries
2011-05-20, 04:44 PM
Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits, by the way!:smallwink:

I get that a lot. :smallbiggrin:
Have fun!

Skavensrule
2011-05-20, 06:33 PM
Hello to everyone,
I've been reading the comics online since early 2007, and have all six books (plus the new one on order) but never bothered to register for the forum until today. I have created a custom avatar to fit my user name but I don't have a photo hosting service to link to it yet. I am planning to check out Photobucket but if anyone has a different suggesetion let me know.

edit:After reading several of the threads dealing with this I chose Imageshack. I may play with the avatar a little more in the future but I like the way it came out for a first try. I had a harder time getting the image the right size than making it.

Chess435
2011-05-20, 10:05 PM
Hail, Skavensrule! Lord of Rodenty Things!

.....or something like that. :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2011-05-20, 10:22 PM
Nice to meet you all.

@ Musashi: Named yourself for the coolest samurai, nice.

Yirrixees
2011-05-21, 04:39 AM
hello everyone.

i'm a DnD 3.5 guy. relatively new and running an epic (30 level) campaign for vastly more experienced players; crazy much :smalltongue:

anyway, this is prob the best site i've found for homebrews (with WotC trashing almost all there 3.5 stuff an all :smallmad: ) and glad i could finally join.

peace.

edit: i've been a lurker for a few weeks and love doing home-brew (which is where i was a lurking :smallwink:) and can't wait to get my stuff up for review and to contribute/assist to others works as well!

Melanchior
2011-05-21, 11:47 AM
Commented to see what my avatar looks like

edit: apparently I did something wrong :smallconfused:

Savannah
2011-05-21, 03:09 PM
Hello, Yirrixees and Melanchior! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

Your avatar looks fine to me, Melanchior. Did you manage to get it working?

Ragnarokk77
2011-05-21, 05:09 PM
Hello to both of you, synthrael (or Kaye, what do you prefer?) and Musashi! Welcome to the craziness the forum!
Heads up: people use white text here. A lot.
:smallsmile::smalltongue:

hey, made an account here, but never really used it. found a post-it note that had my username and such, and thought i'd come back here. the reason i'm replying to this post is: my sister hates strawberries (no-one knows why) and apparently a lot of people say to you that they love strawberries. secondly, i have been here for a small amount of time, and have already figured out that you do, in fact, mean "the craziness"

Yirrixees
2011-05-21, 05:25 PM
hey, Melanchior & Savannah (& Ragnarokk77)

quick question, if i make a thread, where do i go to see it's update? (or do i have to follow my own?

and yeah, your avatar looks fine dude. :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-05-21, 05:40 PM
quick question, if i make a thread, where do i go to see it's update? (or do i have to follow my own?

If you have subscribed to the thread, you can click on "User CP" (far left on the brown bar near the top of the screen) which will show all your subscribed threads when they're updated. I basically live in my User CP, 'cause it shows when someone posts to threads I've subscribed to and any new PMs I get :smalltongue:

There are three ways to subscribe to a thread (that I know of):
1) Click on "Thread Tools" (upper right part of the thread) and "Subscribe to thread" (if you want to subscribe but don't have anything to post)
2) Select how you want to be notified in the Thread Subscription area underneath the text box where you compose your message (if you want to subscribe and are posting something)
3) Go to your User CP and, under "Edit Options", set the default thread subscription for when you start or post in a thread (if you want to subscribe to everything you post in without needing to use option 2 every time)

Yirrixees
2011-05-21, 05:48 PM
If you have subscribed to the thread, you can click on "User CP" (far left on the brown bar near the top of the screen) which will show all your subscribed threads when they're updated. I basically live in my User CP, 'cause it shows when someone posts to threads I've subscribed to and any new PMs I get :smalltongue:

There are three ways to subscribe to a thread (that I know of):
1) Click on "Thread Tools" (upper right part of the thread) and "Subscribe to thread" (if you want to subscribe but don't have anything to post)
2) Select how you want to be notified in the Thread Subscription area underneath the text box where you compose your message (if you want to subscribe and are posting something)
3) Go to your User CP and, under "Edit Options", set the default thread subscription for when you start or post in a thread (if you want to subscribe to everything you post in without needing to use option 2 every time)

very helpful, thanks :smallsmile:

Strawberries
2011-05-22, 12:49 AM
my sister hates strawberries (no-one knows why) and apparently a lot of people say to you that they love strawberries. secondly, i have been here for a small amount of time, and have already figured out that you do, in fact, mean "the craziness"

Oh, well, you can't please everyone. :smallsigh: :smalltongue:

Welcome back! Hope you decide to stick around :smallsmile:

Avegrin
2011-05-23, 10:26 AM
Helloes, Avegrin here. I'm 18, male, and from Hungary. Currently, I play MMORPGs (LOTRO, DDO) and Dungeon Crawl. I like old RPGs (Dungeon Hack, etc) and I like choose-your-own-adventure gamebooks. Other hobbies include drawing, reading webcomics, listening to symphonic metal and charming ladies.
Nice to meet you all.

nonamesimon
2011-05-23, 11:16 AM
Why does it always have to be Kobolds? I mean really, I may only be level 3, but the cave we were forced into by a driving storm doesn't necessarily have to be be peopled by kobolds. I mean, what about goblins? Whats wrong with goblins? Or even orcs. Or go for something creative and have a clan of small earth elementals who are attempting to mine my bones for the calcium and need educating in the mechanics of sentient life? But kobolds? Really? Come on DM. Get creatiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvve........ (CRUNCH)

Shoulda seen that one coming. A pit trap. Ouch. Um.... Whats that smell? Oh no... No... Please no.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT BURNS!! IT BURNS!!!

Stupid kobolds...

Savannah
2011-05-23, 02:58 PM
Hello, Avegrin and nonamesimon! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

If it makes you feel any better, nonamesimon, pretty much all the kobolds in my games are accompanied by dragons, so you'll get something new to fight there :smallwink: ....Then again, that may not make you feel better at all :smalltongue:

Yirrixees
2011-05-23, 04:41 PM
Hello, Avegrin and nonamesimon! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

If it makes you feel any better, nonamesimon, pretty much all the kobolds in my games are accompanied by dragons, so you'll get something new to fight there :smallwink: ....Then again, that may not make you feel better at all :smalltongue:

that might just be were the burning sensation was coming from lol.

and hello to nonamesimon and Avegrin (and win for symphonic metal btw :smallsmile:)

Cipher Stars
2011-05-23, 05:25 PM
Hey. I don't think I've ever posted in one of these. (been sticking more towards the homebrew and 3.5 sections)

Cipher. Cipherthe3vil. 3vil. Starhime. all names I go by.
I'm a 3.5 player. Don't care for the others. 3.5 is like... oblivion (PC) with all the mods(shared homebrews)

Anyway... I've already made stuff here and there... mostly just there. (The Maid) here at least.
Most my stuff is in notebooks, but I'll make more stuff eventually.
I did join sometime ago. Then after a while I ditched this place for sometime until recently when I got back into 3.5.

So...
Meh. thats all ya need to know.

Strawberries
2011-05-23, 05:32 PM
Hi, Cipherthe3vil.

Welcome, officially, to the forum. :smallbiggrin:

Rowsen
2011-05-23, 08:17 PM
pretty much all the kobolds in my games are accompanied by dragons,
Thanks for the heads-up.

3.5 is like... oblivion (PC) with all the mods(shared homebrews)
I like your style.

And welcome, welcome new members! I hope you all enjoy your time here. It's a great place to be.

Serpentine
2011-05-23, 11:25 PM
I like choose-your-own-adventure gamebooks.They're pretty great :smallbiggrin:

LOTRfan
2011-05-24, 12:19 AM
Helloes, Avegrin here. I'm 18, male, and from Hungary. Currently, I play MMORPGs (LOTRO, DDO) and Dungeon Crawl. I like old RPGs (Dungeon Hack, etc) and I like choose-your-own-adventure gamebooks. Other hobbies include drawing, reading webcomics, listening to symphonic metal and charming ladies.
Nice to meet you all.

We're gonna get along real well, I can see that. :smalltongue:

Vent Reynolt
2011-05-24, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone, Vent Reynolt here. I'm 19 and from the magical land of New Jersey. I really enjoy a good D&D game (3.5), although I've only really been involved in 2 campaigns.

My username was actually from the random name generator in Neverwinter Nights; I liked the name so much that I stuck with it for both of the expansions, and even used it for my first D&D character.

ThePhantasm
2011-05-24, 01:15 PM
Welcome, Vent! Hope you enjoy the forum!

amonstarblade
2011-05-24, 03:40 PM
Hello,after lurking the forum for some time i finally registerd myself.
I like the forum so much thing i discover everytime i lokk around.

P.S. English is not my native lenguage please forgive any gramm E(ho)rror

HalfDragonCube
2011-05-24, 04:27 PM
Salutations amonstarblade!

jasonguppy
2011-05-24, 05:27 PM
I am here. Im jason, 13 and been playing DnD (and reading OOTs) for 4 years now. Just joined, i DM, PC, and design. GO DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!

Savannah
2011-05-24, 05:29 PM
Hi, jasonguppy! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

Paintomancer
2011-05-24, 09:53 PM
Well, this looks like a fun place to be.

Hi there.

Torma Aznable
2011-05-24, 10:57 PM
Salutations... I'm Torma Aznable and I have been reading OOTS for a time...Now that OOTS forum seems to work on my PS3, I shall be here. Please treat me well. *Bow*

Nix Nihila
2011-05-24, 10:58 PM
Welcome Paintomancer and Torma Aznable! Hope you find your stay here enjoyable. :smallsmile:

Torma Aznable
2011-05-24, 11:09 PM
Thank you kindly...a quick question, how do I become a Non-Pixie? I'd kinda like to be human.

Nix Nihila
2011-05-24, 11:16 PM
Thank you kindly...a quick question, how do I become a Non-Pixie? I'd kinda like to be human.

It's related to your total post count. You can read more about it Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45659) Please note that unlike some forums, users here don't seem to care much what your title is.

Torma Aznable
2011-05-24, 11:31 PM
Thank you for your help. From reading the link I see I already made an error by asking... I apologize.

rouge112233
2011-05-25, 08:53 PM
how do i change avatar i can type in stuff just fine... i hope.:smalltongue:

glemis1
2011-05-25, 10:06 PM
Hello, I'm new. Got in to making avitars and this is a great place to showcase. Well, I'm 17 and ya hi.

rouge112233
2011-05-25, 11:26 PM
Hello, I'm new. Got in to making avitars and this is a great place to showcase. Well, I'm 17 and ya hi.

hey can you make a navy seal oots character???

Serpentine
2011-05-25, 11:49 PM
There's a stickied thread in Board Issues about changing your avatar - just read the first post.
There's also a stickied thread in Arts & Crafts for requesting an avatar - both of you might like to check that out.

Also: G'day.

anomaly
2011-05-26, 04:39 AM
Hi everyone, I created this account some time ago to post something or other which I have know forgotten. Regardless I have finally got around to posting.

Cheers.

Lonely Tylenol
2011-05-26, 04:42 AM
Thank you for your help. From reading the link I see I already made an error by asking... I apologize.

It's quite alright; you see, the same question is posted about two or three times a week on this very thread.

It isn't very important, but it is interesting to note that, of all the post-scaled user titles, none exists for "Giant in the Playground" in the Giant in the Playground forums. :smallbiggrin:

Also, welcome. :smallsmile:

Serpentine
2011-05-26, 09:23 AM
It isn't very important, but it is interesting to note that, of all the post-scaled user titles, none exists for "Giant in the Playground" in the Giant in the Playground forums. :smallbiggrin:Not, strictly speaking, true. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=14856)

Whiffet
2011-05-26, 03:02 PM
Hello. I just joined today. I am certain that this forum will offer pleasant experiences!

Savannah
2011-05-26, 05:18 PM
Hi, Whiffet! Welcome to the forum :smallbiggrin:

Ajadea
2011-05-26, 05:37 PM
Greetings, Whiffet!

And GiTP is an awesome forum. You'll have fun. Trust me.

Whiffet
2011-05-26, 05:50 PM
I'm sure I will. I spend a short time lurking at forums before joining them to make sure the community is fairly decent. This definitely looks like one of the better places.

A4GraphPaper
2011-05-27, 01:08 PM
Hi Everybody :smallsmile:, I've been reading OOTS and lurking for quite a while and I've just got round to signing up on the forums! :smallbiggrin:

So hey! (and is it just me who likes these smileys? :smalltongue:)

Ajadea
2011-05-27, 01:12 PM
Greetings, A4GraphPaper! I like the smilies too. They are pretty cool.

Falin
2011-05-28, 02:06 AM
*glances around*

Hello... I play D&D.

ImaginaryGirl
2011-05-28, 02:43 AM
*cough cough* Er...hello! I'm new, of course. Always meant to dive in here, but it kept slipping my mind. Nice to meet you all!

Please be gentle?:smalleek:

Skeppio
2011-05-28, 02:54 AM
Welcome to the forum, Falin and ImaginaryGirl! :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2011-05-28, 09:20 AM
Welcome Falin! There's the Roleplaying Games forum for chatting about D&D, the Homebrew forum for making extra things for D&D, and Finding Players for actually playing a game of it. And of course, Friendly Banter isn't a bad place either.

Hi ImaginaryGirl! Most everyone here is a nice person, though we do slip up and get a little harsh sometimes. Still a better place than many other forums, imho.

North_Ranger
2011-05-28, 11:20 AM
Long-time lurker, hopefully more active poster.

Ahhh, lessee... 28, from Finland, I play D&D and nWoD when possible, otherwise I enjoy a variety of webcomics (Order of the Stick naturally being in my Top 5 ;) ), Medievalism, general geekery and assorted Internet oddities from Nostalgia Critic to TVTropes. Oh, and a mod on Halforums.com, a general geekery forum that grew up from the community that got left behind when PVP stopped hosting a forum. Take a gander if you like ;)

ben-zayb
2011-05-28, 01:07 PM
Charisma 8... ok, let's do this! :smallcool:

Hello everybody, long-time OotS thread lurker, first time poster! Last time I played D&D (3.5e) was a couple of years ago. I recently got hooked with OotS, so I kinda lurked here for quite some time and thus got interested with D&D again.

PS Kindly bear with the Speak(English) errors. :smallbiggrin:

Strawberries
2011-05-28, 01:30 PM
Hello North_Ranger! I can already tell you'll fit right in :smallwink:.

And hi, ben-zayb! I'm not a native myself, but your English looks fine so far.

Welcome to the both of you. :smallbiggrin:

mikej
2011-05-28, 06:58 PM
Hello, I guess. Not really a new member.

There should really be a return member thread.
Just thought it would fun to announce my glorious return to GiTP forums. Complete with a new nerdy avatar.

Jubal_Barca
2011-05-29, 10:07 AM
I'm not really new, I've lurked and posted for a while, but thought I should say hello properly. I've been reading OOTS for quite a while, been wargaming for about 5 years now and RPing on and off for three.

I write for and edit a wargaming & RPing based e-magazine and run another site based around computer games & programming; I'm building my own 2d6-based RP system set in the world of an episodic story I've been writing for the e-zine.

Not much else to say about me, other than that I'm a pretty antisocial excuse for a being so apologies in advance for that. And hello, of course!

Savannah
2011-05-29, 01:42 PM
Hello, mikej who I've not seen before and Jubal_Barca who I have! Welcome back/belatedly to the forum :smalltongue:

AsteriskAmp
2011-05-29, 08:37 PM
Hi mikej, there really need to be a returning thread, most use this thread though.
and Hi Jubal_Barca, I believe I saw some of your posts in the Arts & Craft section, though I cannot ping the thread.

ForrestFighter
2011-05-30, 05:25 PM
Hi there!
I'm a long time OOTS fan, or at least i think. Along with a new DnD fan thanks to OOTS. I have never really decided to make an account here, but i guess this would be a good time to start for whatever reason.
Currently i am trying to get my avatar to work, as it won't for whatever reason.
But i'll be here, posting to whatever forum on whatever hits my mind at the time i guess. So yeah, hi! :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2011-05-30, 06:05 PM
Greetings, ForrestFighter! You choose your avatar like this:

Select which sort of avatar you want: one of the many OotS Avatars, or a Custom Avatar
Click the corresponding option under the Avatars section
For an OotS avatar, go to the menu and select an avatar.
For a custom avatar, copy or type in the url of the image. Make sure it's small-117 by 117 is fairly standard.
Go to the bottom of the screen and hit Save Changes
Enjoy your new avatar!

Brohnos
2011-05-31, 04:31 AM
Hello all - I've been reading OOTS for a very long time, but I've never posted on the threads before. In fact, I've never even read the threads. But I'm here now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what goes on around here :)

Killer Angel
2011-05-31, 04:35 AM
Hello all - I've been reading OOTS for a very long time, but I've never posted on the threads before. In fact, I've never even read the threads. But I'm here now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what goes on around here :)

Welcome in the Playground, Brohnos! Lurkin' is boring, joining was the right thing to do. :smallsmile:

Mottalol
2011-05-31, 06:10 AM
Hello! I've been lurking for a while in the forums anonymously but now I'm here to greet all of you ^^

Hello!

Skeppio
2011-05-31, 08:24 AM
Welcome Mottalol! :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2011-05-31, 10:05 AM
Welcome Brohnos and Mottalol! I hope you have a lot of fun here on the Playground!

Arrevanthas
2011-06-01, 08:20 PM
Hey all...new here to the forums. Um...I have been gaming for well over 12 years...mainly enjoy 3.5 D&D and Pathfinders but am always willing to learn a new system. I have dabbled a bit with the Cortex system, Mage: The Ascension, the Green Ronin system for A Song of Ice and Fire...yeah. Between that, I am job hunting, trying to draw and single parent. There is never enough time in a day to get things done but ah well...I still try. That should be enough...I think...

Savannah
2011-06-01, 11:10 PM
Hello, Arrevanthas! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile:

Ajadea
2011-06-01, 11:19 PM
Greetings Arrevanthas, and best of luck on your job search!

sapmarten
2011-06-02, 01:38 AM
...confine all "hello" posts to the new members say hello here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49101) thread.

That link above? Yeah, it's off.

Oh, and hello. :smalltongue:

Killer Angel
2011-06-03, 03:40 AM
That link above? Yeah, it's off.

Oh, and hello. :smalltongue:

Nonetheless, I see you were able to find the right one. :smallsmile:

Welcome in the Playground!

behaigo
2011-06-03, 07:19 AM
Been lurking for a while and decided it was about time I registered. Hysterically, between the different verifications it took me 8 tries to finally make my account. No robot is beating that any time soon.

rubyking
2011-06-03, 07:47 AM
Hi, i'm new! it took me very long filling in the question: "
are you a human?" becuase i did'nt see that question.:smalltongue::tongue:

Lord of Mythos
2011-06-03, 09:29 AM
I have watched long (like an assassin preparing his or her death attack) and have finally come, and the empire I build shall rule over all. How do is set my avatar?

MoonCat
2011-06-03, 09:37 AM
Hello Mythos, rubyking, and behaigo!

Mythos, you can change your avatar around using the Edit Options link in your User CP, which is always at the top of the screen. It's pretty intuitive from there.

Dhoruba
2011-06-03, 03:13 PM
Greetings to everyone! Another new poster signing up from northern Europe (a freezer called Finland is where I hail from) who is looking forward to play around in the Playground.

... I usually make better puns than that one. I swear.

Savannah
2011-06-03, 03:24 PM
Hi, Dhoruba! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

sapmarten
2011-06-03, 03:40 PM
... I usually make better puns than that one. I swear.

That's what they all say. Oh, the horrible things I've seen...

http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/5609924f_e054_ee09.jpg

chy
2011-06-03, 06:27 PM
Hello there!

I've been reading oots for about a year (and tabletop rpgs a bit longer; some dnd some not), have lurked on the forumns a but, and thought I'd say hello! :smallsmile:

Pterocards
2011-06-03, 11:19 PM
Hello just saying Hi to all my fellow forum people....have a nice night or day depending on where you are.... :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-06-04, 12:33 AM
Hello, chy and Koda the kobold! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile:

Fomortiis
2011-06-04, 02:43 AM
Hellooooo :3 I am Fomortiis, the Demon King. I joined because some friends were playing a game here so I thought I'd join. So I guess that's it :smallbiggrin:

LOTRfan
2011-06-04, 01:09 PM
Hello, and welcome! I hope you enjoy your game. :smallsmile:

snake obsidian
2011-06-04, 02:31 PM
Hi, I`ve been lurking for some time around the play by post adventures and thought I should register to join on the fun. I`m new in the roleplaying business, only having recently bought the red box and players rulebooks.

And the verifications are indeed hard.

Savannah
2011-06-04, 03:45 PM
Hello, snake obsidian! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile:

waftures
2011-06-04, 09:35 PM
Hello everyone =)

I've recently joined the forums, and I guess this is where I should introduce myself.

My name is Rain, a co-founder of Waftures Webcomics.
I like games and comics and Order of the Stick and Erfworld.

So...
Looking forward to getting to know the community, I guess. ^-^

AsteriskAmp
2011-06-04, 10:31 PM
Hello everyone =)

I've recently joined the forums, and I guess this is where I should introduce myself.

My name is Rain, a co-founder of Waftures Webcomics.
I like games and comics and Order of the Stick and Erfworld.

So...
Looking forward to getting to know the community, I guess. ^-^

Hello Rain, great to have you here.
One thing though, you might want to look into the size of your banner, there is a 470 width limit if I'm correct for signature banners.

LOTRfan
2011-06-04, 10:37 PM
Hello, Waftures!

OhMyGodImOnFire
2011-06-04, 11:32 PM
OKAY so now I see this thread. First post ever and I screw up... great start. ANYWAY:

Hail and well met, Giant in the Playground forum-goers!

I recently joined these forums when my friend told me he was doing a play-by-post here. Having had experience with role-playing in the past, and having had interest in play-by-posts and D&D for quite some time, I thought I would take a look around. I'll admit, I have minimal knowledge of both, but I have the feeling that I'll be acquainted quite quickly.

If you're looking for a prospective party member for your campaign, or just looking for some company, don't hesitate to toss me a PM - I'm always up for an adventure. May your swords say sharp, your arrows accurate, your spells strong, and your dicerolls natural!

Hellfire014
2011-06-04, 11:56 PM
Greetings, fellow mortals. After several long months of lurking the forums, I have finally rolled well despite my [Isolationist] and [Socially Awkward] flaws and my CHA score of 2! I have never played a tabletop game before, and would be quite interested in learning. Any tips? Preferably before my [ADD] flaw kic- ...shiny! (should I toss all my newbie questions at the Roleplaying Games forum?)

Ajadea
2011-06-05, 12:08 AM
Greetings, OhMyGodImOnFire and Hellfire014! Roleplaying Games and Finding Players are both excellent places to get started!

Savannah
2011-06-05, 01:26 AM
Hi, OhMyGodImOnFire and Hellfire014! :smallbiggrin:

(should I toss all my newbie questions at the Roleplaying Games forum?)

You can definitely do that, but just as a heads-up they know a lot about optimization, which can sometimes be a bit overwhelming at first. I know at least one person who was kinda turned off by it, so I like to warn people before they head over there :smallwink:

Timon
2011-06-05, 10:53 AM
Greetings,

I am sort of new as I had an ID on this forum ages ago, but other things intervened. I am these days GM-ing Savage Worlds for a group of teens and looking for opportunities to actually be a player again.... some day.

I have played D&D 3.5 and 4e, Runequest way back when it came in a white box, Paranoia (pre-Mongoose) and these days I am very Savage indeed. I cannot resist a cool new system, so I am hoping to play or run Vincent Baker's Apocalypse World and/or Burning Empires/Mouseguard. The BE rules make my eyes cross, but the setting is superb.

I have a wonderful Geek Wife and three Geek-sons and live in Haarlem in the Netherlands. I love answering questions and helping people with anything I know well and learning new stuff. As a father I feel like Roy, as a GM I act like Elan and as a player I am Haley on my good days and Belkar otherwise.

Strawberries
2011-06-05, 11:39 AM
Hello, Timon! Welcome to the forum!
If you want to be a player, we have a section for play by post you may find interesting... :smallwink:

See you around! :smallsmile:

Dwug
2011-06-05, 07:42 PM
Hey all! Been lurking for a bit as I got into a 3.5 game after a long hiatus but decided to take the plunge and become an active member.

I started playing AD&D back in the early 80's while in the army (yes, I'm old.) and have played a bit in each version since with the exception of 4.

Pleased to make everyone's acquaintance. :smallbiggrin:

Savannah
2011-06-05, 07:43 PM
Hi, Dwug! Welcome to the forum :smallbiggrin:

rhymeswithbear
2011-06-06, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone. My roommate posts here all the time, so, I thought I check it out.

Savannah
2011-06-06, 06:21 PM
Hello, rhymeswithbear! Welcome to the Playground :smallbiggrin:

Graha013
2011-06-06, 07:01 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster, somewhat middle ranged player (and I crush a lot). Finally getting around to registering so I can enjoy/get involved in the banter and such.

G13

Savannah
2011-06-06, 07:03 PM
Hi, Graha013 :smallsmile: Welcome to the forums; hope you enjoy your stay!

sapmarten
2011-06-06, 07:12 PM
What rhymes with "bear"?

Savannah
2011-06-06, 07:20 PM
What rhymes with "bear"?

Hair, care, dare, fair, fare, bare, lair, etc :smalltongue::smallwink:

serenity2132
2011-06-07, 01:53 AM
Oh hai there! I'm serenity2132. I was here several years ago as a lurker, seeing what was what, but I didn't last long joined under my old name. So now I'm back!:smallcool:

Ajadea
2011-06-07, 01:59 AM
Greetings serenity2132, have fun on the Playground and beware of insane folks! Please note that the mods frown on multiple accounts, so you should see what you can do about getting the other one merged or deleted.

TherianTheorist
2011-06-07, 10:15 AM
hello, i am cardrian here are a few thing about me.
1.my english i not always this good.
2.i know pathfinder better than dnd.
3.i probly wont be posting much for a while.
so hi everyone.

Uiriamu
2011-06-07, 01:08 PM
Decided to join giant in the playground forums, and uhhh yeah, hello. :smallsmile:

Haruki-kun
2011-06-07, 01:09 PM
Welcome!

We actually have a thread for this. Here you go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197610)

Enjoy your stay.

Emperor Ing
2011-06-07, 01:09 PM
You're supposed to post here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197610)
Don't worry, it's a perfectly innocent mistake newbies make all the time. I expect the mods to merge this thread with the thread I linked momentarily.

Strawberries
2011-06-07, 01:29 PM
Hello, cardrian! Welcome to the forum, and please, come post. Posting is fun. :smallsmile:

waftures
2011-06-07, 01:37 PM
Hello Rain, great to have you here.
One thing though, you might want to look into the size of your banner, there is a 470 width limit if I'm correct for signature banners.

Oh no!
Thanks for letting me know.
I'll change it right away. =)

Almagesto
2011-06-07, 02:01 PM
Hi, my name is Almagesto and not only am I an avid reader of The Order of the Stick, I also enjoy gaming and discussions regarding game design (3.5 and older though, no 4th).

Savannah
2011-06-07, 02:04 PM
Hello, Almagesto! Welcome to the forum :smallsmile: Don't worry, there are plenty of 3.5 holdouts and some players of even older editions here :smallwink:

Almagesto
2011-06-07, 02:08 PM
Thx, Savannah :smallsmile: I'm sure I'll enjoy finally being able to take advantage of the full features of this webpage. I've been craving for advice on a build I'm doing for a 3.5 character and I just can't wait to share it with everyone in the community. See you around !

serenity2132
2011-06-07, 07:17 PM
Greetings serenity2132, have fun on the Playground and beware of insane folks! Please note that the mods frown on multiple accounts, so you should see what you can do about getting the other one merged or deleted.

Not a problem. The problem with my account is that not only do I not remember the old password but the e-mail is one I no longer use. I will let the mods know to delete the old one. Thanks for that!

PriestSeth
2011-06-07, 10:11 PM
Hello everybody, my name is Seth. I read OotS for a long time but never checked out the forums for a reason that I can't for the life of me remember. I recently got into reading the threads such as Funny D&D Stories and decided to register in the event I should want to respond. I'm fairly new to Pen and Paper RPGs, although I have played some, namely D&D 2nd ed and recently I've been reading up on RISUS.

Hopefully I can have fun and learn a thing or two as well. Thanks! :smallwink:

Savannah
2011-06-07, 10:17 PM
Hello, PriestSeth! Welcome to the forum :smallbiggrin: I read OotS for ages before even realizing there was a forum, so I know how you feel :smalltongue:

OoTLink
2011-06-08, 12:37 AM
Hello!

I've become a rather huge fan of OOTS and didn't realize there was a forum until a day ago. Awesome <3

Where else could I go and take my best shot at mimicking vaarsuvius at 3am when I'm bored? Amazingly, it has cut my use of "lol" and "rofl" down significantly! :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-06-08, 12:40 AM
Hi, OoTLink! Welcome to the Playground :smallsmile:

ripley8
2011-06-08, 05:43 AM
Just a quickie, shan't be a regular here but wanted to say hello all.

Hello all.

I just love OOT.

Ajadea
2011-06-08, 10:05 AM
Hello ripley8! Enjoy your stay at the Playground!

Skavensrule
2011-06-08, 11:58 PM
Greetings to ripley8, OoTLink, Almagesto and all the others that have joined since I did. Like some of you I was a lurker for years before I finally signed up. Welcome to the party. Cookies are to the left, punch is on the right, and for your own safety stay away from the pudding cups.(I think :mitd: has been here recently)

Niceman
2011-06-09, 10:09 AM
Hello all :) Long time fan of OOTS and been a gamer since Jr. High (I'm 45 now). I'm the group's miniature painter and I do our party's character portraits with my CG artwork. I'm a farmboy nerd. When I'm not doing art or gaming I take care of the family farm... chasing baby calves and pushing around hay bales. etc. I also am in business with my childhood friends. We own a classic 80s video game arcade named 1984. :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you all and exploring the forums and I'll do my best to contribute in some sort of meaningful way (or at least give you an opportunity to point and laugh at the new guy ^_^).

Ajadea
2011-06-09, 10:33 AM
No one's pointing and laughing at the new guy. Nice to meet you, Niceman!

Skavensrule
2011-06-09, 10:51 AM
Hey look everyone it's a new guy HA, ha, ha OWarm cramp

Welcome Niceman, join the party. Nice to see someone else in thier 40s enjoying this. There are others around but so many of these kids never had a set of the old soft plastic dice that came in the old boxed sets. Light blue and I filled in the numbers with a red grease pencil