PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator

alphacentaurus
2011-05-02, 03:46 PM
I completed and put online my Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator, try it and please give me some feedback !!

http://pathfinder.zonegamma.com

alphacentaurus
2011-05-03, 09:16 AM
I completed and put online my Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator, try it and please give me some feedback !!

Come on guys give me some feedback please!!

Kira_the_5th
2011-05-03, 10:33 AM
I've only had a few moments to look at it, but I can already see myself using this on a regular basis for games. I've been looking for something like this all year, and this is a very good start. The only suggestions I can give from my cursory check are that you should try cleaning up the final check a little, to make it easier to read. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the font, but that's just a little nitpicky thing I don't think matters too much.

Goober4473
2011-05-03, 10:44 AM
Very cool. I could see myself using this.

I'd love to see the ability to just put in a gp value though, rather than going by party level/difficulty, or the ability to generate one random item of a specific power or gp value. Similar to this: http://www.dunknet.net/pathfinder.aspx (but with mundane treasure too, of course)

alphacentaurus
2011-05-03, 11:09 AM
I've only had a few moments to look at it, but I can already see myself using this on a regular basis for games. I've been looking for something like this all year, and this is a very good start. The only suggestions I can give from my cursory check are that you should try cleaning up the final check a little, to make it easier to read. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the font, but that's just a little nitpicky thing I don't think matters too much.

Thanks for the comment! I plan on adding an option to hide the details of the rolls, to make it cleaner. For the font.....it's just a design thing ;p

alphacentaurus
2011-05-03, 11:11 AM
Very cool. I could see myself using this.

I'd love to see the ability to just put in a gp value though, rather than going by party level/difficulty, or the ability to generate one random item of a specific power or gp value. Similar to this: http://www.dunknet.net/pathfinder.aspx (but with mundane treasure too, of course)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I plan on adding a couple of options in my next version so yes I will add a fixed gp value field to the options. Thanks again!

randomhero00
2011-05-03, 11:14 AM
Wow that's really cool! thanks!

Unfortunately I can't give much more feedback than that. I'd have to actually play a game with it to know if all of it is appropriate. But so far it looks awesome! Nice job!

alphacentaurus
2011-05-04, 08:20 AM
Wow that's really cool! thanks!

Unfortunately I can't give much more feedback than that. I'd have to actually play a game with it to know if all of it is appropriate. But so far it looks awesome! Nice job!

You know about Pathfinder RPG by Paizo? Try it in my book it's better than any editions of DnD

alphacentaurus
2011-05-18, 03:19 PM
Hello everybody!

As promised Random Treasure Generator V2.0 is online.

After more then 50 hours of development I finally managed to finish the BETA.

Please try it, break it, do what ever it takes to improve it. And give me your feedback!

Thanks!

alphacentaurus
2011-05-20, 08:37 AM
Any comments or observations anybody? As you can see I added almost every options you suggested. I hope the tool meet the expectations!

Nerdanel
2011-05-20, 10:59 AM
I got a result that looks like a bug:

3) 74% Weapon (magical), 46% Martial Weapons, 64% Scimitar, 32% No Special Material, 78% Special ability, 43% Keen, 67% Specific weapon, 28% Adamantine battleaxe : 3010gp

Is it a keen scimitar or an adamantine battleaxe or what?

I'm not a DM but I found your generator nice to play with. :smallsmile: I do think the font is a little too distracting though.

alphacentaurus
2011-05-20, 12:57 PM

I'm not a DM but I found your generator nice to play with. :smallsmile: I do think the font is a little too distracting though.

Thanks for the comment. No it's not a bug. When you roll for magic weapons you have the possibility to end up with a specific weapon so all your previous results are null. The font is just for the design. Thanks for the feedback I'll add it to my list.

Re'ozul
2011-05-20, 05:58 PM
Oh I like this one. Bookmarked.

Grommen
2011-05-20, 08:29 PM

Eh ++

I think you got something here but I can't tell what you got? You need to clean that up and list them like they do in the books so we can see what it is. If you do that I think you have something. I like the layout and font, and the slide bars. Pretty nice.

Here is an example you might want to follow:

+2 Scimitar keen (insert percental gobblie gok here)

Keep working on it though, it is pretty nice.

alphacentaurus
2011-05-21, 12:16 AM
Eh ++

I think you got something here but I can't tell what you got? You need to clean that up and list them like they do in the books so we can see what it is. If you do that I think you have something. I like the layout and font, and the slide bars. Pretty nice.

Here is an example you might want to follow:

+2 Scimitar keen (insert percental gobblie gok here)

Keep working on it though, it is pretty nice.

You can achieve the result by selecting "Hide Result Details" in fact I think I'm gonna activate de option by default and you could always remove it if you like the details. Anyways the details are available even with the option on. Thanks for the comment !

Khantin
2011-05-21, 12:57 AM
Call me a noob, but is there a way for your treasure to be rolled without a fixed gp value?

GoatBoy
2011-05-21, 02:38 AM
Very nice! I like the way it gives the details of the rolls.

Not much to say, but I will give this some use in my next Pathfinder game. Thanks for creating and sharing!

alphacentaurus
2011-05-21, 09:02 AM
Call me a noob, but is there a way for your treasure to be rolled without a fixed gp value?

The Step 9 "Fixed Treasure Value" is optional. If you don't use it then the value is determined by the steps parameters and is exactly like in the rules.
Thanks.

alphacentaurus
2011-05-21, 09:04 AM
Very nice! I like the way it gives the details of the rolls.

Not much to say, but I will give this some use in my next Pathfinder game. Thanks for creating and sharing!

Effectively this is a way to use it. Create random treasures for your unplanned encounters. Thanks for trying it!

alphacentaurus
2011-06-02, 09:09 AM
The mobile version of the Pathfinder RPG Random Treasure Generator will be online just after I complete the French version :)

ericgrau
2011-10-29, 08:25 PM
Bookmarked. Can't turn off mundane items though.

Frosty
2011-10-30, 05:12 AM
THis page is awesome!