PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Optimizing an Inquisitor

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-02, 04:22 PM
I'm trying to build an Inquisitor for a campaign I'm joining, and so far I have some idea of where I'm going with it, but not a whole lot of clues as to just how you build an effective Inquisitor. My biggest concern is the choice of domains and feats, since I feel I got pretty solid Attributes and Skills.

The character is a Half-Orc Inquisitor of Iomedae, which means that he can pick one of the following Domains:

Glory
Good
Law
Sun
War

Iomedae also can grant the following subdomains:

Heroism (Glory)
Honor (Glory)
Archon (Good, Law)
Day (Sun)
Light (Sun)
Tactics (War)

I'm not sure what domain to pick. I know Sun is useless to Inquisitors since they can't channel energy like a cleric can, but when I ran these options by a friend whom I ask for optimization advice, he said that basically they all sucked. I don't know what to do in this event. I had my heart set on a follower of Iomedae, since it fits well with the campaign I'm joining and I have a whole background that depends on it, but if Iomedae's domain options are truly that bad, then I worry I'll be useless.

In addition, I have no idea of what to do for feat progression. I know I'm not being very optimized by not playing a human and getting the bonus feat, but again, I have a whole backstory written up for him.

What would be a good feat progression for an Inquisitor, considering that Iomedae's favored weapon is the Longsword?

holywhippet
2011-05-02, 07:26 PM
Don't let optimisation get in the way of a character concept. Look through the spell list for each domain and ask yourself if you could see your character using those spells.

PinkysBrain
2011-05-02, 08:11 PM
Heroism, Honor, Light or Archon ... they all have pretty decent abilities.

As for feats, depends if you want to go melee or ranged.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-02, 08:42 PM
Don't let optimisation get in the way of a character concept. Look through the spell list for each domain and ask yourself if you could see your character using those spells.

Inquisitors don't get the spells from a domain, just the perks.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-02, 08:44 PM
Heroism, Honor, Light or Archon ... they all have pretty decent abilities.

As for feats, depends if you want to go melee or ranged.

I think I'll go with Honor. It fits best with the concepts of knighthood he strives to uphold.

I'm going with Melee, which is why I mentioned the longsword.

Archpaladin Zousha
2011-05-03, 09:35 PM
Here are the stats, if those help determine feats:

STR 17
DEX 13
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 16
CHA 13

The +2 racial bonus is in Charisma to boost it from its original 11.