PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Character Sheet

Advance Strat..
2011-05-02, 08:24 PM
Hoping you guys can help me out with this one, as it's starting to drive me insane.

A friend of mine is planning on running a pathfinder campaign in the near future online. All 3 of us rather like what we see of pathfinder, but have little to no real experience with the system yet.

Add that along with a fact that I learned of myself a long time ago now. I absolutely fail at making character sheets. Dunno what it is about it, but I end up always needing to get some help in getting one set up, and constantly get lost on where to find any particular piece of information. Probably just some form of information overload that I need to deal with. This is not helped by the fact that I've yet to actually play a full on campaign that has lasted very long. I've done a successful one shot a long while back, and a few attempted starts at a campaign that died off early when too many people or the GM disappeared.

So being relatively new to the system, and knowing I fail hard at making these things, I would really love to know of an online character sheet generator that either does all the calculations as you go when applicable, or something equivalent to "Character Creation for Dummies" that I could use myself, and possibly share with my friends still trying to get used to the jump from 3.5 to pathfinder.

I've found a couple generators online, but either they are still in beta/are buggy/missing features, or are static sheets that I end up having to get help with, and I'd prefer to not have to constantly be bugging my future game group over every little thing in it if I can help it.

So yes, I realize the irony in just saying I don't want to have to constantly have to ask for help while asking for help, but does anything stand out to you guys? Any help would be much appreciated. :smallsmile:

Advance Strat..
2011-05-02, 10:16 PM
And now I re read the name of the subforum and realize it says "older" not "other"

crap dang it.

Knaight
2011-05-02, 10:20 PM
Non D&D, and older D&D specifically. This is misfiled. I'll go ahead and report that it needs to be moved.

The Glyphstone
2011-05-03, 08:08 AM
Great Modthulhu: Thread Moved.

Burble.

CTrees
2011-05-03, 08:54 AM
A lot of people in my group like PCGen for their Pathfinder characters. It *does* have a few random bugs that we've seen (for example, our druid that tried to use it to level up, when she got to her animal companion, PCGen tried to give it a level of druid, and took some figuring out to get it to play nice). On the whole, it's worked pretty well, especially at level one.

Advance Strat..
2011-05-03, 06:54 PM
Just took a look at that one. It took a little time to figure out how the buttons worked, and I am hitting a weird spot here and there (mostly when I mistyped something and try to fix it) but it works great mostly once I found all the buttons. Only thing that seems to be missing are traits, and that could just be me looking at a wrong button or something.

nylanfs
2011-05-06, 05:56 PM
If you have any questions post in our main mailing list.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/