PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Critical Confirmation

BillyBobJoe
2011-05-02, 08:52 PM
So how would I be able to optimize my Crit. Confirms? This is for an epic campaign that's homebrew welcome.

Rickshaw
2011-05-02, 08:54 PM
depends on what stat you are using.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732

will help you decide.

BillyBobJoe
2011-05-02, 08:59 PM
He is an Int. based crit fiend who bypasses immunity to crits and threatens on any number.

Seerow
2011-05-02, 09:01 PM
He is an Int. based crit fiend who bypasses immunity to crits and threatens on any number.

Threatens on any number? o_O

Rickshaw
2011-05-02, 09:10 PM
well, warblades add their int mods to it. you need power critical, of course, for a +4 to it. also, a high attack bonus still affects that. if you threaten on every number, then what you REALLY need is a high attack bonus.

ffone
2011-05-02, 09:14 PM
Threatens on any number? o_O

I suspect the 'homebrew welcome' mentioned above has something - nay, everything to do with it. That said, I'm also curious!

BillyBobJoe
2011-05-02, 09:16 PM
The Gloom Monster Class from the improved monster class thread allows you to replace the threat range with your Int. mod, and I have over 20 Int. mod.

Seerow
2011-05-02, 09:25 PM
The Gloom Monster Class from the improved monster class thread allows you to replace the threat range with your Int. mod, and I have over 20 Int. mod.

lol then yeah, just pick up a few levels of warblade to go with it, add that +20 int mod to your confirm roll, if that's not enough to basically guarantee a crit on every attack I don't know what is.

You may also be interested in my Prestige Swashbuckler (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196574).

Thurbane
2011-05-02, 09:31 PM
Power Critical feat: +4 to confirm, can be taken multiple times to stack with itself.

POWER CRITICAL [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: Weapon focus (chosen weapon), base attack bonus +4
Benefit: When using the weapon you selected, you gain a +4 bonus on the roll to confirm a threat.
Special: A fighter may select Power Critical as one of his fighter bonus feats.
You can gain Power Critical multiple times. Each time you take the feat, it may be with a different weapon or the same weapon. If you take it with the same weapon, the effects of the feats stack.

Winds
2011-05-02, 09:34 PM
Complete Warrior feat: Power Critical
Requires: Weapon Focus with relevant weapon, BAB +4

When using the weapon selected, you gain a +4 bonus on rolls to confirm critical with that weapon. You may take this feat multiple times, and may select the same weapon or a different one. If you take it with the same weapon, the effects stack.

That's the only thing I know of. That said, I don't have any homebrew sources.

Keld Denar
2011-05-02, 11:21 PM
Pitspawned weapons get a +2 bonus on rolls to confirm criticals. DMGII. They also have synergy to add Keen to the weapon, but it doesn't sound like you'll need it.

faceroll
2011-05-02, 11:25 PM
Divine Power gives you a BAB equal to your level, which allows you to circumvent the BAB 20 cap post-epic.

Hirax
2011-05-02, 11:26 PM
Victor's luck from Complete Scoundrel. You can obtain it without using a feat slot if you're willing to eat into your WBL slightly, check out the Court of Thieves on page 144 of Complete Scoundrel. Grab yourself a trinket from there, and you get a free luck feat.

nyjastul69
2011-05-03, 12:44 AM

Any number except 1 of course. A 1 is always a miss and therefore cannot threaten a critical.

Keld Denar
2011-05-03, 12:47 AM
Also note that a threat that doesn't hit doesn't crit, so don't forget to boost your to-hit. If you threaten on a 2+, but only hit on a 5+, then you really only threaten on a 5+, since 1-4 is a miss.