PDA

View Full Version : help whit a monster

Kurtmuran
2011-05-02, 09:26 PM
hello i be searching info for were wolves but i want some one whit shadow blend abilities and inmunitie to vampire affliction how i can do that?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-05-02, 09:30 PM
Step 1: Take the standard Were-Wolf.
Step 2: Give it immunity to Vampirism.
Step 3: Give it the Invisible In Light (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/devil.htm#hellcatBezekira), Shadow Blend (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/shadowMastiff.htm), or Hide in Plain Sight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/shadowdancer.htm#hideInPlainSight) ability.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Enjoy your slightly-altered monster. Throw at your PCs with glee, and maybe up the CR by .5 to 1.5, depending on which ability it gets and what level the PCs are.

Siosilvar
2011-05-02, 09:40 PM
Short answer: Do it.

Longer answer: What Djinn said.

Longest answer: A couple of abilities like this are really no problem to add whatsoever. Tack them on.

Kurtmuran
2011-05-02, 10:33 PM
ok what you think of this

umbra (black wolf) ( wolf breed the complete guide to werewolf)

known as the werewolves of the shadow plane , have deep dark fur and almost invisible in darkness, the umbra are the loyal workshipers of kurayami ( a god from the shadow plane )

they have the follow abilities

shadow blend
dark vision ( 60 fet )

inmunities
vampire affliction

skills
the umbra receive +1 racial bonus hide, listen, move silently, spot
in the night

resistance
cold , negative energy

vulneravility
same as the werewolf + dazzed when are in the daylight

Mangles
2011-05-03, 07:43 AM
If you want only material from WotC you can just add the Dark template to any werewolf. There is even an item that you could give to a regular werewolf the party has defeated to make them a Dark Werewolf. Only thing it doesn't give is immunity to vamperism.

That being said I see no reason why as a DM u can't just hand wave it all and give the werewolf whatever u need too.

Kurtmuran
2011-05-03, 09:13 AM
If you want only material from WotC you can just add the Dark template to any werewolf. There is even an item that you could give to a regular werewolf the party has defeated to make them a Dark Werewolf. Only thing it doesn't give is immunity to vamperism.

That being said I see no reason why as a DM u can't just hand wave it all and give the werewolf whatever u need too.

well i like the dark template but i dont want the +1 to LA , couse this werewolf its used to character and starts at level 1, and i want they have inmunity to vamperism couse they will fight vs vampires and i think its to easy veing defeated turning in to vampire

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-05-03, 09:22 AM
well i like the dark template but i dont want the +1 to LA , couse this werewolf its used to character and starts at level 1, and i want they have inmunity to vamperism couse they will fight vs vampires and i think its to easy veing defeated turning in to vampire

If this is going to be a player character, you've going to have problems. My suggestion was assuming this was used as a DM's tool and NPC monster.

A were-wolf starts with 2 levels of Animal and a +3 Level Adjustment, making it the equivalent of a 5th level character (a 6th level character if you add a single class level to the base creature).

Total concealment (like that granted by the Shadow Blend ability) is extremely powerful, and probably worth more than +1 by itself. Add immunity to Vampirism in a Vampire-filled game and you're looking at probably an additional +2 Level Adjustment (+1 with a very lenient DM).

This means this altered Were-Wolf, with 2 levels of Animal (which are required) and NO levels in any other class, will enter play as a 7th level character in a party of other level 7 characters (6th level if your DM is generous). You have 2 Animal Hit Dice, no class levels, and your racial features, and the rest of the party has 7 levels worth of classes and/or Level Adjustment.

In short, it's incredibly overpowered for a character that will be starting at level 1. Keep this sort of thing as a monster only, would be my recommendation. If it must be usable as a LA +0 player race, I'd recommend tweaking the Shifter to fit, as anything more will get to powerful to quickly.

Kurtmuran
2011-05-03, 01:23 PM
If this is going to be a player character, you've going to have problems. My suggestion was assuming this was used as a DM's tool and NPC monster.

A were-wolf starts with 2 levels of Animal and a +3 Level Adjustment, making it the equivalent of a 5th level character (a 6th level character if you add a single class level to the base creature).

Total concealment (like that granted by the Shadow Blend ability) is extremely powerful, and probably worth more than +1 by itself. Add immunity to Vampirism in a Vampire-filled game and you're looking at probably an additional +2 Level Adjustment (+1 with a very lenient DM).

This means this altered Were-Wolf, with 2 levels of Animal (which are required) and NO levels in any other class, will enter play as a 7th level character in a party of other level 7 characters (6th level if your DM is generous). You have 2 Animal Hit Dice, no class levels, and your racial features, and the rest of the party has 7 levels worth of classes and/or Level Adjustment.

In short, it's incredibly overpowered for a character that will be starting at level 1. Keep this sort of thing as a monster only, would be my recommendation. If it must be usable as a LA +0 player race, I'd recommend tweaking the Shifter to fit, as anything more will get to powerful to quickly.

well i used the rules of the complete guide to werewolves and there say its only have a +2 level adjustment for being natural lycantrope , ( the breeds dont have level adjustment), i tink i agreed whit you maybe can turn the shadow blend ability in a breed feat who can buy latter

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-05-03, 01:31 PM
well i used the rules of the complete guide to werewolves and there say its only have a +2 level adjustment for being natural lycantrope

Never heard of that book, to be honest. I can't comment on the balance of it.

i tink i agreed whit you maybe can turn the shadow blend ability in a breed feat who can buy latter

Maybe a 3-4 feat chain. That's a VERY powerful ability.

Debihuman
2011-05-03, 11:51 PM
Goodman Games put out the Complete Guide to Werewolves. In making werewolf characters, their rules on page 30 state this:

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2 (afflicted) or +3 (natural). However, it also states that a natural werewolf has racial hit dice: "A natural werewolf adds the Hit Dice of its wolf form to its base Hit Dice for race, level, and class. These additional Hit Dice modify the natural werewolf’s base attack bonus and base saving throw bonuses accordingly."

The MM/SRD uses a +3 for all werewolves but the above rules are alternate rules.

Debby

Kurtmuran
2011-05-04, 12:42 AM
Goodman Games put out the Complete Guide to Werewolves. In making werewolf characters, their rules on page 30 state this:
However, it also states that a natural werewolf has racial hit dice: "A natural werewolf adds the Hit Dice of its wolf form to its base Hit Dice for race, level, and class. These additional Hit Dice modify the natural werewolf’s base attack bonus and base saving throw bonuses accordingly."

The MM/SRD uses a +3 for all werewolves but the above rules are alternate rules.

Debby

ok thanks for explain i read bad the book

Siosilvar
2011-05-04, 04:33 PM
However, it also states that a natural werewolf has racial hit dice: "A natural werewolf adds the Hit Dice of its wolf form to its base Hit Dice for race, level, and class. These additional Hit Dice modify the natural werewolf’s base attack bonus and base saving throw bonuses accordingly."

Debby

Both of those lines are in the MM and SRD. Down a bit farther on the page than the stat blocks. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm#lycanthropesAsCharacters)