PDA

View Full Version : *yawn* yet another filter rag... 9_9

No brains
2011-05-02, 11:15 PM
First off, I just want to say thank you. It is very generous of anyone to make a site where idiots like me can go and spout their mind-garbage all over their bandwidth. I am grateful for all the work you have put into this system and the continued work you do in order to maintain it. I will not nag to have extra freedom to drag a site's reputation down with me into schlubbery.

That said, I amcurious...

No matter where you are on the whole of the site, by clicking on the end of Erfworld Book One and going back to the second to last page, it is quite easy to find a bold "**** you!" with no censor.

I'm curious, in no pernicious way, why this is so. I would be grateful to learn the decisions at work here.

Cealocanth
2011-05-02, 11:22 PM
I believe it has something to do with fictional profanity versus real life profanity, but as far as I'm aware, it's only there because that's how the comic wrote it. It will be there as long as this website is hosting Erfworld.

Roland St. Jude
2011-05-02, 11:23 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Because the comics are not the Forum. Some comic characters might curse or be jerks to each other. That doesn't mean that the Forum Rules allow forumites to curse at or be jerks to each other.

Also, while this was a tiny bit of an issue when that particular comic page was the one linked in the sidebar (though not much even then), it really isn't even relevant now that you have to go through the entire Erfworld comic to read it (or go through the very specific start at the end an go back one for no logical purpose other than to see the profanity).