PDA

View Full Version : A good item for a Cleric of Pelor

faceroll
2011-05-02, 11:41 PM
If you were a DMM:Quicken RSoP cleric, around level 11, what item would you want?

I'm thinking a +1 undead bane morning star that also functions as a sunblade and a night stick.

Keld Denar
2011-05-02, 11:45 PM
Better a Rod of Defiance that functions as a Sunblade and Nightstick...that might be a bit much for your budget, assuming you have standard level 11 WBL.

You want the standard stuff...+Con, +Wis, +Cha, +Resistance, Anklets of Translocation, Circlet of Rapid Casting, Relequary Holy Symbol, etc

Bugbeartrap
2011-05-02, 11:56 PM
Do you really hate undead?
Are you a true cleric of pelor?
Want a great, cheap item that will be like jelly to the Rod of Defiance's peanut butter?

Lyre of the Restful Soul! 3k that will make your undead troubles disappear. Forever.

faceroll
2011-05-02, 11:59 PM
I am the DM. I want to give the cleric something to help him out a bit with hitting things while going stick & board. Don't have MiC, so I don't really use it, cause using a pirated pdf is both cumbersome and illegal.

1d10 base damage, with the wizard putting Greater Mighty Wallop on it gets some juicy d8 damage out of it.

I think he's fairly well kitted out with WBL stuff already.

Geigan
2011-05-02, 11:59 PM
That sounds like a really awesome stick...

gallagher
2011-05-03, 12:26 AM
persist holy sword on your weapon. it is nwo a +5 holy weapon with a magic circle against evil on it.

buy unicorn horns. they are like 100 or 200gp per unit, and they allow you to turn your prepared healing domain spells into rays.

EDIT: you should have access to holy sword, as your 5th level of RSoP gives you a bonus domain, and you should have picked pride domain. you prepare holy sword instead of cure light mass, and DMM persist away

forgive me if i am wrong, but i am assuming you are, as a lvl 11 character, cloistered cleric 6/RSoP 5?

faceroll
2011-05-03, 01:12 AM
persist holy sword on your weapon. it is nwo a +5 holy weapon with a magic circle against evil on it.

buy unicorn horns. they are like 100 or 200gp per unit, and they allow you to turn your prepared healing domain spells into rays.

EDIT: you should have access to holy sword, as your 5th level of RSoP gives you a bonus domain, and you should have picked pride domain. you prepare holy sword instead of cure light mass, and DMM persist away

forgive me if i am wrong, but i am assuming you are, as a lvl 11 character, cloistered cleric 6/RSoP 5?

I am the DM, and the cleric is like cleric7/fighter1/Sacred Exorcist1/RSoP2.

erikun
2011-05-03, 01:38 AM
First, I'd want an item that boost my Wisdom.
Next, probably an item that boost my Charisma (since I am playing a DDM RSoP).
After that, an item for Constitution, because persisting Bear's Endurance every day is burning up my turn attempts.

A +1 Flaming Holy Undead Bane Heavy Mace would probably be my weapon of choice; the flaming part mainly to give off some light. I suppose the Sunblade properities would be nice for killing undead too (and the Nightstick properities would be handy) although at that point, we're already talking about a large pile of damage anyways.

gallagher
2011-05-03, 10:01 AM
I am the DM, and the cleric is like cleric7/fighter1/Sacred Exorcist1/RSoP2.

that doesnt quite get you 6th level spells does it... otherwise if you are a dedicated persister, you could have a persisted Chasing Perfection for +4 to all stats

faceroll
2011-05-03, 03:56 PM
that doesnt quite get you 6th level spells does it... otherwise if you are a dedicated persister, you could have a persisted Chasing Perfection for +4 to all stats

He went DMM: quicken, cause he has been very haphazard in his build I haven't really cared to give him that much guidance, except when he asks for it.

First, I'd want an item that boost my Wisdom.
Next, probably an item that boost my Charisma (since I am playing a DDM RSoP).
After that, an item for Constitution, because persisting Bear's Endurance every day is burning up my turn attempts.

A +1 Flaming Holy Undead Bane Heavy Mace would probably be my weapon of choice; the flaming part mainly to give off some light. I suppose the Sunblade properities would be nice for killing undead too (and the Nightstick properities would be handy) although at that point, we're already talking about a large pile of damage anyways.

+stat boosts are boring and everyone has them.