PDA

View Full Version : Build Help: Psiforged Uncarnate Assassin

Forged Fury
2011-05-03, 10:30 AM
Playgrounders:

Looking for thoughts on how to build a character. I'm not looking for OMGtimization, but want a generally useful character from levels 1 to around 12. Assume low-medium levels of party optimization.

Sources: (3.5) Core, Completes, and Eberron (No psionic rogue)
Concept: Warforged with psiforged body feat starting as a sneaky killer, entering Psion Uncarnate and building toward the capstone.
Thoughts so far: I was thinking about going Lurk 7 / Psion Uncarnate X / Psionic Assassin X. I really like the thought of an always incorporeal assassin, but the capstone is out of reach for pretty much anyone until a minimum of 15th level. I can live with Shed Body instead. I also love the concept of Uncarnate Bridge (especially having a lackey/follower who acts as a "spotter") but it's also late in the Psion Uncarnate PRC. At low levels as a Lurk, I was going to focus on poison since there isn't any danger from application/using posioned weapons as warforged are immune to poison.

Thoughts on feats and other options? I definitely want him to have Psiforged Body at 1st level. It's part of his background.

Additional question: Is there a rule on the order in which special attacks happen? For instance, I was trying to figure out if a poisoned blade used in conjunction with an assassin's death attack would trigger the poison or the death attack first. Obviously, it could be helpful if the poison triggered first if it was a CON damage poision to debuff the Fort save for the death attack.

Thanks for any help!